I need help buying my first car. I'm looking at this 2004 BMW 325 Ci for $9990 cash...

I need help buying my first car. I'm looking at this 2004 BMW 325 Ci for $9990 cash, but I'll be financing any car I get. 53,000 miles, clean Carfax, no accidents. Any opinions/alternatives?

bmws are expensive to maintain and financing is a dumb idea
buy a $3k used corolla with a stick unless you have a real reason not to

>used luxury vehicle
Fuck no, parts and any work that you can't do yourself will be unholy expensive.

Why is financing a dumb idea?

Don't listen to those retards. e46 are reliable when known problems are fixed (provided they haven't already been fixed) and parts are relatively cheap.

Toyota corolla or subaru legacy and spend the rest of the money on a bike

Don't listen to them. 10k will get you a clean maintained 2004 BMW. Decent mileage, I would do it. "Financing is a dumb idea" seems to be what everyone thinks around here, but then again, everyone drives 3k shitboxes and thinks they're hot shit for being poor.

I love the E46 but they're not reliable; stupid shit breaks a lot but it's generally not problematic or expensive to fix.

Financing is absolutely retarded and strictly for poorfags who cannot into financial responsibility, do you have a point here?

First cars are meant to be shit boxes don't finance your first car bro buy something cheaper and easy to maintain that you can beat up. Like a Saturn or an old accord or something

Veeky Forums
>3k shitbox
>7k in work
>live in a shack
>eat ramen

normie
>10k financed
>live in a shack
>eat ramen

It really fucking is

You end up paying more just because you're too poor to put down 10k up front. You have the illusion of not losing money because you keep getting paychecks/autismbux, growing your bank account, but you are actually poorer than you would have been by the time you've paid for the car. All because you couldn't foot a fucking $10k bill.

Really, it's not so much poorfag as it is stupid. Would it have killed you to live with your parents for a few extra months and get that extra financial footing from the cheap ass rent? Then you move out with your nice car and same amount of money as you would have started with had you moved out early and go multiply your wealth more easily because you aren't juggling car payments along with everything else.

Nigga wat? 9k for a e46 that isn't a 330?
That's a terrible deal.

Also, it's too old to be financed by any respectable bank at a decent interest rate.

OP here. It's either a nice used car, or a lease-to-buy new one. I don't want to buy a cheap car that I can beat up, I want one that's reliable and don't have to maintain much. I'm not looking to upgrade anything, I'm pure vanilla. My job is a half hour drive away and I don't want to be breaking down on the freeway

OP again. I don't plan on moving out any time soon, and I don't mind financing because I need a car ASAP and don't have time to save up $3k.

>OP what car do you want
>ooooh a nice one but not too expensive, reasonable to finance
toyota corolla
>i want it to be reliable because i always drive on the highway/freeway you know
toyota corolla
>i don't want to break down at random
toyota. corolla.
>and
get a corolla faggot

yeah

my dad bought an 07 corolla with 115k miles on it and he currently has it at 200k miles and its still going strong

Replace with Civic or Accord and you're golden. For real OP could get a nice Accord with leather and everything for a decent price

Buy a civic and shut the fuck up

>Accord
>automatic only
Not interested

damn that car is overpriced,it should cost 5k max.But e46's are quite reliable and fun.

>e46's are quite reliable and fun.

holy fuck, one of those here would be like £3000 tops.

>used entry level "luxury" model
Read; poorfag trying to look wealthy. Will be costlier to maintain than a Corolla, but a hundred times more comfy too.

Do you suppose they auctioned off the wreckage of the Rodge chariot? I can only imagine the demons of impotence and bottled-up sexual frustration haunting that.

>Accord

Yeah have fun with a blown tranny at 110K miles

Go for a manual v6 2011 Mustang, cheaper and faster

Lol you can get an Accord with a manual, especially if you live outside of burgerland

That was literally only a problem for one model year and that was way back in 2003

no Amir, that car won't get you pussy, maybe you should get a career instead of wash cars at dealerships

This
>Financing at half a point above prime rate or less is "stupid"
Sorry you are too poor to even know your credit
score user
This.
>memes from a moron who a dealer is trying to rape
you realize it would cost the same to fully recondition a corolla right? bmw owners have autism

No way you're not gonna get fucked on interest with a loan on an old car like this, it's an incredibly stupid decision because you'll end up paying way over 10k, and that's before shit starts to go wrong in an old German luxury car. Also 10k for a 325i is insane.

And I say that as someone who's favorite brand is BMW, this is a terrible idea.

tfw my mums 06 i4 accord blew through 1-3 syncros and 1&2 gear. just did a full rebuild

Dude the wheels are bent, that car is obviously a shit heap he took to the stealer you moron

i think they fixed it in 07 or 08

because financing costs more than buying at lump sum.

if you dont have 10k than dont fucking spend 10k. its not that hard.

why spend so much money on something that you could have for 3 grand? so that you can look cool? nobody is goign to think you look cool in a 10+ year old barely above base trim bmw

This. People who drive old BMWs are just as cringey as people who drive 90s Civics with fartcans or 240SXs with mismatching bodypanels covered with anime stickers.

>first car
>financing
>used BMW

not srs, maybe srs abort thread