Just fucked up my car's dashboard display

just fucked up my car's dashboard display.
It's a simple flexible plastic plate, semi-transparent in some places completely opaque in others.

My objective was to make all the green parts white becuase green looked horrible, but I managed to fuck it up by dipping it in nail polish (although I did remove all the green).

How can I make another piece? Should I order laser cut vynil from somewhere? Can I make something similar?
I'm currently drawing a new dashboard in photoshop.

just throw that shit back in like that dude
it'll look pretty tough

Either get it printed on vinyl and put in high-brightness LED dash lights so it'll shine through, or buy a used dash cluster.

It's pretty obvious what's missing. Get some model paint and paint it back.

But vynil won't let me have some parts opaque some parts transparent, it'll just be an all togehter semi transparent plate.
Also, my car isn't exactly common so finding this part is pretty rare

they sell plastic sheets you can print on at almost every hobby store so continue making your design and drive to Joanne's (call first)

Two layers of vinyl.

One of the entire panel, on the front of your plastic plate.

A second, with all the transparent parts cut out, attached to the back.

Two layers of vinyl will block light. One layer will let it through.

OP is in tiny Eastern European shithole, maybe not on map anymore.

They don't have Joann Fabrics.

Mallorca, actually.

learn to fucking spell "vinyl," illiterate dumbfuck

Actually that's pretty smart. Thanks

>vynil

You can get totally clear vinyl.
Theres also many other products that go through a standard printer well but aren't what you would call paper, like mylar.

Will printing on total clear vinyl make it opaque?

>Mallorca

People live in Mallorca? I always assumed it was just seasonal workers

Just buy a replacement cluster and not fuck it up next time.

If you mean will clear vinyl light up like your old dash did if printed in red or yellow, than yes.
But to make it "frosted" or "foggy" is probably not capable on home printers.
You only screwed up the speedometer side. You can cut and tape the rest together with a new section of speedo. Just be sure to follow the compartments perfectly.

Vinyl will take a long time to dry. If you have access to ink cartridges used for photo paper, it would turn out better.
Takes practice and a lot of testing to get smudge and streak free.

Make your own, faggot

Nico?

>do you know how fast you were going
meme speed officer

It was a meme factor of five, officer
You don't know what a meme factor is?
...Please consult your SI brochure in the future, officer

I'm one step away from printing my custom dashboard, can anybody provide images or resources I can use?

You can always rough up the clear surface you are sticking the vinyl to, to get the fogged or diffused effect. Just use some high grit sand paper, ezpz.