International harvester

Check it, i picked up this '66 international 1100A, it runs and drives. Just brought it in for a frame off restoration, freshly rebuilt 400 sbc, th400, 355 ring and pinion, disc break conversion, power steering add, dual mater cylinder add. Interior has already been done. All in in in it for 15k. Good buy? How much could it be worth when is finished?

Other urls found in this thread:

barnesih.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How much is the frame-off resto gonna cost? Those are usually not money makers for the car owner.

Got a pretty good deal, so I think. To cut out any rust and replace with new steel plus paint $4200

>disc break
>dual mater

I can't think of what dual mater is.

*dual master cylinder

It'll probably be worth less than 10k

I see ford's and chevys with similar things done going for mid 30's. Any reason besides you being a faggot you say less than 10k?

>so fucking new you don't know how to reply
fuck off
nobody wants to buy someone else's project for that amount of money. if it were maintained and original, I would still say only about 15k.

When is a finished restored truck it won't really be a project buy you will still be a faggot

I've always wanted a four door IH or Dodge D200.

Are you trying to say you paid 15k for it as it is is is?

No, once all the listed upgrades are done I'll be in it no more than 15k

I am interpreting OP's claim to be that he will have spent $15k when all is said and done.

>this dumbass boomer faggot can't even figure out how to reply to a post
yeah, keep thinking your piece of shit is worth 50k

Cool truck. No idea what it's worth finished but it's still cool. None of my projects have paid any mind to what the finished product is worth, I do it for my own enjoyment.

Nobody said anything about 50k.

No real brand recognition, not really a desireable truck, nobody wants somebody else's project, let alone a resto-modded one.

Why didn't you go for something else like pic related
That truck looks a bit wonky but I understand it's not completed
Do you have any pics of what you are tying to go for with this truck?

dual master cylinder you autist

I bought the truck for $3000 and it ran and drive fine, thought it was a cool looking old truck. Not a daily driver, I have 5 other vehicles. After a little while I just wanted to upgrade the breaks, get some power steering. It had a tired straight 6 in it with 4:10 gears which really limited the speed. Decided to swap the motor with a 400sbc and put in some highway gears. I figured you see a lot of Chevy and ford's but rarity see a frame off body restored IH. I kind of liked having something you don't see a lot of on the road. Want planning on being in the truck for $15,000 when I bough it but one thing led to another. It's not done yet but I think when is done it'll be worn the cash, just wanted some more opinions. I might be in it a little more than its worth but not planning on selling

As long as you like it user
But I don't think they will be worth much

10-12k

You ruined any value it may have had the second you said SBChevy

>freshly rebuilt 400 sbc, th400,

fuck you for ruining a perfectly good grampmobile with your meme engine bullshit

Former IH owner here. There's hardly any parts left for these rare old binders and not much of a market for them. You'll never make your money back on the thing and you'll spend 3X as much fixing it as a comparable Ford or Chevy. You will however have one of the rarest trucks in the country and people will come up to you constantly to ask about it. It's a labor of love and I do miss my old camper special.

Check this place out for parts, they have a junk yard full of only Internationals
barnesih.com/