/agdg/ - Amateur Game Dev General

1 Week to Demo Day

>Next Demo Day (X)
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-10

>Next Game Jam (Lewd -- Blueboard rules still apply)
itch.io/jam/lewd-jam-2016

>Lewd Jam Collabs
docs.google.com/document/d/1K9wlzcJntyOCV3KLvRcvllZ2ZUnGgrDtiwPdMLlw5XQ/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Sm0Pxz0uq-62L46TdXmKisynbhLI_by-pLNlcgo4B8M/edit?usp=sharing

Helpful Links: tools.aggydaggy.com/# (Still in beta)
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg/
AGDG Logo: pastebin.com/iafqz627

>Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/X6fLvtzA

>Previous Jams
pastebin.com/qRHNpCbZ

>Chats
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgamedevcrew
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=vidyadev

>Engines
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
Godot: godotengine.org/
Haxe: haxeflixel.com/
LÖVE: love2d.org/
UE4: unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4
Unity: unity3d.com/

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org/
blender-models.com/
mayang.com/textures/

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse/
incompetech.com/music/
freemusicarchive.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

itch.io/jam/agdg-lewd-jam
discordapp.com/invite/chquY2e
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/153031235/#153086990
onehandgames.newgrounds.com/games/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Controls suck

>he claims ive been milking it for over a year.
Have you been working on anything else new over the past year that you've been showing anyone? And don't you dare mention that rock paper scissors game you shit. That's not new or interesting.

so this.......s the power..........of....rust

Real lewd jam:
itch.io/jam/agdg-lewd-jam

thumbs suck

real discord here:
discordapp.com/invite/chquY2e

>rotate ruined discord for agdg so it's not linked in OP anymore
What a great person.

just fuck off and stop trying to shill your putrid neo-steamchat you menstrual chunks

help me regain my motivation, /agdg/

there are so many discords going around i can't even tell if i'm joining a real one or a shitposting bait one

>real
you say this like there's a fake discord

the rotate discord was deleted
disappointing because I liked her's better

>still mentions eroge
>no sign of it's existence

why you blueballing me googs?

Who says that's the real lewd jam? I don't remember /agdg/ making it.

Whichever has the most users is the real one. There's been like a dozen others posted ever since rotate started his "kill discord for not liking me" campaign. Very similar to when he tried to make agdg2 during his "kill agdg for not liking me" campaign.

Come up with a reward system for yourself for whenever you work on your game
Also get some exercise even if it's just taking walks.

you have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh

who /demodaydev/ here?

/agdg/ did actually make it not too long ago. The one in the OP has nothing to do with /agdg/ any longer.

Yeah and you calling your own GUI grandpa game a "spiritual successor" to your other GUI grandpa game isn't desperate at all.

Make a little progress, if that doesn't motivate you then join the apostate followers of Disciplano

>/agdg/ did actually make it not too long ago

Archive?

Extremely saturated marketplace
Much more casual audience
Very limiting control scheme
Need for proper optimization multiplied tenfold

>real one
>shitposting one
pick two

Haven't you heard? Gogem is like a 1 man Nintendo. His established brand is legendary.

Ok so, I tried changing the shading on it to look better. I changed to a higher contrast three tone shading. The current one is on the left, the old on the right. Though I've gotten some more advice on how to improve it. So, version 9 incoming.

Let's make the lewd jam the best agdg jam ever!

I walk a lot thanks to uni and I do table tennis and birdwatching every two days, one motivation i can think of is the indie show off thing on October

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/153031235/#153086990

He's deathly afraid of us finally confirming that the newground games are his. As if we haven't already.

whens demo day

Stop shilling your non-agdg jam, please.

good taste in candy but shit taste in soda
orange soda is where it's at, pic related

is there any competition for direct x 12? maybe something that would allow easy cross platform...something that will work with Unity

that packet of starburst has enough sugar for about a week and enough energy for 2 days (something like 4000 calories)

you're literally killing yourself when you eat that shit. please learn about healthy diet and nutrition and help yourself

Vulkan?

There is one.

Which I will start deving with as soon as I get the drivers and shit set up. Hope my gpu is supported

Today all I've done is tracked down a bug that was created a deleted actor instantly when playing as a standalone executable. An Epic employee asked me to send him a project and in getting it ready, I found out that if you don't have a Player Start actor in your scene, it will automatically create/delete one somehow and it won't get garbage collected. So I'm assuming that's a bug, but possibly I'm just not understanding how something works.

Yesterday I added a way to view the controls and I added a slider for motion blur since everyone complains about it in my webms since it looks bad with low framerate.

What the fuck is this? did he actually make this? link the URL for everyone to see this shit

hey dirk

He's happy to admit that he makes "eroge" games but he has a disorder where he can't agree with people or allow them to be right. So when agdg discovered his newgrounds "erotic games" his mental disorder clicked and he decided he would lie forever about having made those games because admitting that agdg found something of his is too much for him to handle. Even though he could just use it as further resume material and proof that he's an eroge dev it's too late, because that would mean admitting that agdg was right, which he considers to be as bad as losing an argument. He has issues.

i think i have a crush

hello i'm trying to make a game but i'm not artistic or musical, are there any creative anons who do those things here? i don't want to use public free stuff

you goofed your names

hm alright i'll try that, time to program me up some games

That's really all there is to say on the matter.

this is some quality /agdg/ right here

Idk who dirk is but I think you have me mistaken for someone else

Final bit of evidence. If you want more just play the games. It is gogem incarnate

>tries too hard to be artistic and witty instead of erotic
>blocky meme style drawn characters are stupid instead of sexy
>controls are absolute shit like all of his games which is why he moved to making GUI games
etc. etc.

>using vulkan/dx12
>make game
Pick one and only one m8, it'll be a while before you even properly see a triangle on screen.

I wonder if anyone's actually fapped to these

amateur diabetes dev general

You speak the truth. We've got memes, namefags and progress posts all happening at once. Savor it friends. Daytime agdg has nothing on this.

I HAVE AN IDEAAAA! YEEES! YEEEES!

After 6 months of brainstorming, I have an idea!!!

How do I proceed from here?
Do I make a Twitter, Steam, Reddit?

How do I get my work protected? Is copyrighting, trademaking expensive?

>flash
>gogem art
There's absolutely 0 chance it could be anyone but him.

oh...okay...well i will just program me some games then

>pepsi with candy
what the fuck mate

And version 9. I fixed the shading on the hat, so instead of banding it now looks like it had folds! So version 7, 8, 9 in this image. Version 7 being the rightmost, 9 the leftmost. I think it's improving at least.

>something like 4000 calories
user you can't fool me I have the package in front of me, its only 840 calories. Besides it makes me happy, and got me out of the house this week

Vidyadev related: moving things over to static events is so much easier than how it was before

Funny right?
The purple outlines alone seal the deal. Yes anime uses purple/blue outlines but cmon... he's just impersonating them as always in a way no other western person does. Googum made these games.

I've considered that he's just hoping this "mystery" will add controversy and increase his appeal but for me personally I can't respect someone who denies their own work. He's ashamed that he drew boxy panty-clad vaginas for newgrounds views back in the day. There is no mystery. His current "eroge" is probaby equally as autistic.

>its only 840 calories

>After 6 months of brainstorming, I have an idea!!!
Fuck it must be one hell of an idea if thats true.
I come up with at least 3 serious ideas a month, no time to do any of them though

SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME

that's not a lot for a grown man

THAT I HAD A GIRLFRIEND

>floppy hat
CUTE

>makes me happy
hahhhh get a load of this guy

NODEVS ARE GONNA TROLL ME

you know what makes me happy?
hard work and guts
lets go we're devving

lol saw this when I moused over...

>too tired to dev
>not tired enough to fall asleep

I AIN'T THE SHARPEST DOGPOSTING DEV

quick post that jaggy bitch again

>that feel when oneday /agdg/ will hate me if i make too much progress

I AINT THE ONLY GUY WITH NO GGGAAAMMEE

Time for situps

I think I got a handle on the timer and the game loop. It draws every 1/60th of a second, but the game logic updates by delta time. The game loop is a while loop, which honestly feels dirty, but I don't think there's another way that is platform-independant.

Keep going! Never stop! Ever forward! There is a reason man's dicks point forward, they always point towards tomorrow!

>DOS
For what purpose man

progress
I optimized the missiles, now I can have hundreds of them without the game becoming a slideshow. I mostly slimmed down the start function, so the instantiation is less performance heavy and then changed the explosion effect for something far more simple.

Also added a shitty score at the top of the screen, you get 10 points per second, 100 for every kill and a score multiplier that's 1/100 of your kill count

>that feel when every time you post people will bring the same thing up (that isn't going to change)
>that feel when they're not even the same person

For fun I guess. I wanted to make a pixel game so I might as well do it under real constraints.

change it bruh

>real

This made me deeply uncomfortable and I don't know why.

he's actually got some good games. check em' out.

onehandgames.newgrounds.com/games/

Is it the floating person
I'll take that out next time

People aren't supposed to hover like that

It's strange. Just looking at it, even a second time, fills me with essential dread. Fuck I'm getting sick to my stomach. I'm not sure if it's the subject matter or something visually is fucking with me.

I read the discord/op sticky thing but I still have no clue where to start. I want to learn coding so I figure, why not develop a simple little game while I'm learning. Now people have told me to learn C to C# to C++, others say I can just start at any language, which is a more preferred method if any of you have experience? What engine should I use in this regard? Just going to try my hand at a simple sprite action game.

Ask AGDG what the best language/tool is.

How do you stop getting distracted by other things than gamedeving ?

It's like there's always a game to finish, a manga to read, an anime to start, a show to finish, a penis to masturbate, ...

How do you keep yourself from procrastinating and doing shit.

Nothing brings me joy now. So if I hate everything might as well be productive.

I-i'll take the floating person out user

taking 3d requests for practice

I found some foreshadowing to restricted RPS.

>simple sprite action game

Start with Gamemaker. That's the fastest way to get a 2D game. They have lots of tutorials, and an active community. Many people here use GM so it'll be easier for you to get answers. It's not the best framework for everything, but it's beginner friendly.