Monster hunter general /mhg/

You will never BE edition

>News
-capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2016/07/28/monster-hunter-generations-2016-tour-kicks-off-in-toronto-on-aug-6th
-gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
-siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Previous Thread

Will it be awful to play if I play Monster Hunter Generations on an old 3ds? In terms of controls and performance.

If I quit the game will it save as if I went to the bed? It says it saves after you quit but i'm not sure if I trust it

Capcom locked the game at 30fps so it runs the same as a N3DS now

With the soft lock-on button, you don't really miss much on the O3DS

When you need the laggia sapphire but it will not cum

It saves, user.

I bought MHGen day 1 but I've only gotten in 34 hours since then
is it too late to catch up?

armor pieces/skills?

it reformats your SD card dont worry

>Tfw you tried to stir the pot a bit more but you were too slow

thanks man, ill check it out and see how it goes

yes.

>When you're climbing high/G rank and you realize it's time for some new gear.

I play on a 2DS, it works pretty well for me.

>need 3 white livers
>bring cutting weapon
>30 minutes later am maxed out on pelts, meats, horns with 0 liver

FUN ANNIVERSARY GAME HUH

Eat for Carver, senpai
Took me 8 minutes

Turns out I could kill Seregios on my, all I had to do was believe in myself, thanks mhg! The time isn't even that bad r-right

TURN ROOMS

Same for the monster guts quest.

That's terrible

Anyone feel like glavenous is a frontierization of jho? In tri, jho felt like a classic monster hunter monster.

Glavenous feels like over the top. I feel like that with all post 3u games.

Maybe they'll do a toned down reboot like tri did for 5th gen

doesn't matter so long you kill him

well fuck you too buddy I just wanted to feel good about my hunt

I'm going to polish my HR7 now excuse me

>frontierization of jho
You mean Abiorugu?

No, I know about his clones in frontier and even jho is in frontier.

I am talking frontierization of mainline games

i dont want another game with less content than the previous so I don't know how I feel about another "Tri"
the goal of X/Gen was to add that over the top element to it though so it should feel that way right?

yeah man 500 pages of gathering quests was really over-the-top

they really nailed it there

what does frontierization mean bro?

Can anyone tell me what was going on Capcom's mind when they did this? I just fought it and lost my shit completely

>oh hey it's a boxing dinosaur this is hilarious
>it's a boxing dinosaur that secretes boxing gloves made out of slime
>EXPLOSIVE slime, too

way to derail when that's not relevant to what we were talking about at all?

>gather this
>gather that
>deliver x coal, egg or whatever
>kill 20, 50 bhanabras

truly i've become monster hunter generations

where are these turns rooms

Take something and make it over the top

i kinda felt bad when i saw him

>stubs
>no fingers no thumbs
>how does he pick up things? how does he scratch his itch?

capcom can be cruel sometimes

>started the game
>main long katana
>got it to Iron Katana 3
>made the bujabujabu suit
>got a palico that missed only Crit (L)

So where should I go from here on? Please tell this inept.

Are you saying he's bullshit or something?

Cause he's widely considered to be one of the most well-designed fights. One of my favorites personally.

>UNLIKE SOME FAGGOT WYVERN THAT CAPCOM WILL NEVER STOP INCLUDING IN EVERY FUCKING ITERATION

There's one up right now.

>18 minute Steve
First time fighting Pinecone?

Jho is just a frontierized Great Jaggi

yukumo or ceanataur

HR alone? Yes

He's punching with his knuckles. On the underside of his forelegs, you can see his claws curled into fists.

How many of you CB users can actually time the
>Axe back to Sword GP?

I swear, it is one of my least used GP because of how hard it is to time that shit

proof. i just don't want to feel sad him about him anymore

>post 3u games

Are you sure you don't mean post-Tri games? Reminder that the P3rd flagship was Zinogre and the 3U flagship was fucking Brachydios, both of which are just as stupid and ridiculous as Glavenus for pretty much identical reasons.

If anything, the games between 3U and Gen are the ones that reined it in.

Cringe

Nope, just talking about his design. His fight is ok, but his features just feel like Capcom hit the random button on stuff and came out with a boxing dinosaur wearing explosive slime gloves

>Make clear and accurate room description
>Person comes in, looks at posted quest that is exactly what the room advertises to be
>Leaves

What did they mean by this?

no speaky englis

>confused nigger poster

Cringe

I told you senpai all you had to do was swipe at his ankles.

Top 5 monster right there

Rathalos is the mascot, cry about it. He's not bullshit either, he might be boring but he's pretty fair. Variants might be irritating but intentionally so.

Welp.

I don't want to discourage you, because you did great taking it on solo, but 18 minutes is somewhere between slow and very slow.

Keep honing your skills and learning the monster's tells, you'll be able to shave more than 10 minutes off that time.

>Cringe poster

Cringe

How well does Repeat Offender work with bow? Does each individual arrow count as a seperate attack for it or is it basically a waste of points?
I want to try out more bow sets than Teo bow and Rapid/Load/Focus.

I don't doubt that at all. I was just expecting 20+ minutes like the Gammoth I had to slay for HR6, that thing took me forever

I guess it'll probably get easier with time, according to my guild card this was my 7th Seregios. I think the only monster I can slay competently so far is Nargacuga, had to farm it to complete the armor set and I can do it in about 10~12 minutes, which again, isn't amazing but it's much faster than my Seregios

Kill one and you can see it. It's very clear.

It looks more like he's making a fist inside of a very large glove, open-sided boxing glove.

>kill one

no user, you are the monster

Are you sticking to one weapon or using a variety?

Some monsters like Narga are absolute cannon fodder for some weapons like LBG, HBG, Bow and GS.

>buy monhun gen on launch day with 2 other friends
>hunt monsters for 2 weeks together and you're having the time of your life
>suddenly friends are having less and less time to play with fall semester starting back up
>hunt with randoms and mhg but its just not the same as kicking back with your bros
mfw

I'm just using a bunch of stuff, striker SnS, guild hammer, aerial GS, guild switchaxe. SnS is what clicks for me most so far, but I like switchaxe a lot too (I'm just bad at it)

I should start shooting some stuff. What would you recommend for someone starting to gun?

you literally cannot be bad at swaxe. its boring though like SnS

>tfw use SA, La and SnS user
Higher MV > Anime dodges

Most people will recommend bow to someone new to gunning. It requires a fair amount of knowledge about its mechanics to play well, but it's pretty easy to learn. The biggest thing you need to learn for bow is critical distance, and to never fire uncharged shots.

>Bad at Switch Axe
It might seem that way until you unlock Energy Charge III and Demon Riot III. SA needs its hunter arts more than any other weapon.

>What would you recommend for someone starting to gun?
Oh lawdy, how in-depth a guide are you after?

For literally babbies first Bowgun I recommend the Najarala HBG. It falls off in high rank because its raw damage doesn't compare to its competition, but until then it's an incredibly solid HBG in every aspect. The Shagaru HBG is considered by many to be the definitive Normal S HBG in Generations, and it's hard to make an argument otherwise.

Pierce gets more complex, but the short answer is Mountainous Roar (Tama HBG) and the long answer is probably also Mountainous Roar, but maybe Ashen Eclipse depending on your charms.

Daora for crouching fire Pierce 1.

An alternative is to start off with LBGs, in which case I recommend the Narga LBG with the silence attached. It's a pierce gun that excels in every category besides raw power, but that can be assuaged with armour skills.

Adept in 95% of situations.

>Hunt a Bulldrome
>Hunt a Velocidrome
>Hunt a Iodrome
>Hunt a Gendrome
>Hunt a Cephadrome
>Hunt a Kelbidrome
>Hunt a retarded chicken
>Hunt a shitty purple Rathian chicken
>Hold your ears while a penis screams between you hitting it
>Hunt a more annoying Cephadrome
I'm perfectly fine with losing quantity for the average quality to skyrocket.

Kelbidrome?

C'mon, user

Let me explain my problem with Switch Axe in depth, maybe someone will be able to help me out

As far as I know, Sword mode is where I get the real damage out, while Axe mode is used for small openings and to recharge Sword mode

When I think I'm ready to deal the big damages, with an opening and such, I go on sword mode and wail at the monster a bit, but once he runs away, say one of Nargacuga's multiple map-wide leaps, I have to sheathe and start over again, so I mostly fuck around as Axe and don't have many opportunities as Sword

Time to watch Gaijin Hunter's bow video

I'm a bit overwhelmed by so much info, but I'll save it on a notepad and do some research on it, thanks. I might have some leftover materials from Narga, I'll probably make that first

I can only think of Gazlowe, but he is a Popodrome.

fucking this 100%

you really don't go to axe mode. you never do.
once an opening comes, you go R+X+A then cut him for days. but in Narc's case yeah that's the case, Silver Narc is much worse though.

Also axe is very very slow. you always want to be in sword mode. lose charge? Energy Charge? Demon Riot full? activate it? I use striker though. You never go axe mode never ever

Can I get some recommendations for aerial GS?

I play Guild with the Dark Set and Destroyer charms and I feel like it's not really optimal

>Crit Draw
Not really great since my biggest attack isn't a draw anymore

>Destroyer
Hard to aim for breakable parts midair

>FastCharge
Not great anymore. It can still be used to release early midair to hit specific parts or hit attacks that would otherwise miss, but that's the only moderately useful skill of the set

Have a smiling Kamiya for your troubles

Press RXA to unsheath into sword mode with SA. RXA is also useful for bow since you can unsheath into a charge, or unsheath directly into a full charge after an adept dodge.

Honestly I would say to watch Gaijinhunter's video tutorials but more or less keep in mind that they're meant to be the building bricks upon which your playstyle forms, i.e. learning the combos and what works with what, along with how much damage certain moves do. Afterwards I'd suggest playing with the weapon itself with a monster you're confident fighting, so you can memorize the combos, then fighting monsters you're not-as-confident fighting to see how you learned.
Also, with bow and probably guns (I only use bow) 4U maps are hell. The ridiculously sharp angles of the terrain make aiming very frustrating.

Rath S with Seregios GS

You'll destroy everything

use silversol meme set

You CAN use Axe mode's flurry after an upswing, but yeah if you get enough of an opening just reload or Energy Charge. There's no real reason to stay in Axe mode for long. Maybe if you fuck up with Aerial SA but then i have to ask you why are you using Aerial SA

>RXA unsheates into sword mode
Well now I feel stupid

I'm aware of the Demon Riot + Energy Charge combo. I'll give it another shot tomorrow with this new knowledge. Any Switch Axe recommendations? I'm currently using Seregios'

Try out crit boost, weakness exploit, and crit eye 3. Maybe add vault if you can or stick with focus.

I'm not much of a SA user, but afaik the Seregios axe is a solid axe until you're at endgame and can grind out hyper monsters. I know you generally always want to be using an axe with power phials as well.

That's what I'm using now, with my destroyer charm, some attack and destroyer jewels so I can get AuL and Destroyer, just wondering if there's anything better

Critical Up seems good, not really sure about Tenderizer considering how hard it is to aim in the air. I guess I could get Critical Eye if I ever got one of those Expert+10 charms

My original intention was to get Mount but the options to get that are very limited, Derring and Plesioth. Plesioth gives both Vault and Mount but nothing else and I don't think I can get much more on charms because it has 0 slots, so maybe Crit Eye 1 with an Expert+10 charm

Anyone know the best way to farm rustshards? I'm talking the low rank kind, not the ancientshards from sakura method

What are some asteaticaly pleasing SnS that are also viable?
I like this one but I want something fun to build besides death prize that has slots

Alatreon sns

alatreon
hellblade
master sword

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>hellblade

Looks like shit dude

What's a good budget set for solo Sakura farming?
Don't feel like grinding out Blue Guild or Crystalbeard

Melahoa S? Or it was Makluva? I dunno the name.

all the rapiers (rathian/subs and astalos) look nice to me and aren't bad for poison and lightning respectively

Buy the leather legs and waist from the armorer, equip the gathering+10 talisman you got as your first tali. Instant gathering+2, no slots used.You can then gem in whim or whatever the hell else you want pretty easily.

>10 fingers
Purge this sick filth

Hey at least Apex Rathalos wasn't a thing.

>mfw real life friends are a bunch of shitters

>Mfw I am asocial as fuck and am not plagued by these problems.

>5 HR Lagia
>Break the face every time
>No 55% Face Break Lagia Horn+
>None from the Quest Rewards

Fuck you Capcom. Seriously fuck you. I just need one. Why would you make the Horn+ a 55% when you can only get it from the face

another lobstershell, you say?

>complaining about 55% drops
Oh boy
Ooooooooh boy

15 MORE DAYS! GET HYPED