/dyg/ Duelyst General

Denizens of Shimzar edition

>Link:
duelyst.com/

>what is Duelyst?
Duelyst is a Strategic and fast paced collectible card game very similiar to HS, but with a very significant twist. it has a chess like field that you position your generals and monsters on. this is not a game where you only have 5 or 6 spaces to place your cards anywhere you chose, positioning is extremly important to wining. This makes it to where its less about luck and more about brains, granted luck is still a factor with any card based game

>Patch:
news.duelyst.com/duelyst-patch-1-71/

>ALL THE INFORMATION HERE
reddit.com/r/duelyst/wiki/newplayerguides

Just testing battle pets now in my Lyonar deck

Fucking make space for Vetruvian master race after I'm done opening all those Shim'zar orbs.

Wait so shadow nova costs 4 now? What the actual fuck?

>open 30 shimzar orbs with gold i had been hoarding
>get nothing but trash, end up crafting the stuff i want anyways

For the most part im pretty unimpressed with battle pets. Theyre just barely above average stat wise and theyre a minion you cant control that suicides itself and never goes for globes

Shadowcreep only does 1 damage period now.

Oh... Well fuck me. My long running MVP deck is useless now...

Yeah, i cant really see a shadow creep deck without the new ghost azalea now. Which is a terrifying card considering how easy it is to get 10 squares of shadowcreep

To be honest, with all the new Shadowcreep support that arrived in Shim'zar you can still get that burst off after chipping people off. You just don't win as soon as turn 6 arrives.

Do you guys feel like obelysk decks are viable with these new cards?

I sure as fuck hope so, gonna make some of those and see for myself.

>songhai cucked again

This takes me back. Who the fuck thought sky phalanx was okay by the way?

>9/15 provoke for 8 mana
>cant be removed except by magmar

songay players deserve getting cucked

>not running Grovekeeper
>not wanting the Magmar plasma storm and egg meta

Fuck off Songhai you had your time with your bullshit combos and broken backstab artifact.

>having space for grovekeeper

If denizens of shimzar did anything its make cards actually fight for their space in decks.

Admittedly i suppose i could dump z'ir for a grovekeeper but it doesnt have the same cool factor.

Considering fucking everyone is playing abyssian or songhai theres plenty of that

>If denizens of shimzar did anything its make cards actually fight for their space in decks.

>Not using post expansion day to make meme decks before the meta becomes stale net decking

Havent since they implemented the one card per turn change. The shit i think is good is probably meme tier already

Okay does anybody have any of the old memes saved

Even spang bonck will do, I just want the general to stay alive until more people are active and find out it's up

Anyone figure out the secret achievements for keys?

Rate my egg starhorn meme deck

Cassyva is now vet's bitch. Literally park your nimbus on top of shadow creep and you can't fucking lose

It's also nice to finally be able to run a vet deck with zero neutral cards after the blast+ 27 neutrals meme and the recent mech cancer bullshit

are obelysks finally good?

egg/10

Is rasha's curse worth it or should i dust it ?
I wanna play vetruvian what are the must have commons ?
Is aymarra healer good i think shes pretty good or do i dust her ?

shimzar

>a duelyst general
nice

You still have a lot of "lol I win" shadow creep cards like Darkspine elemental into a 15/15 or something or +10 off azalea or AOE spiral technique with Obliterate

Darkspine elemental alone gains +12/12 if Klaxon alone dies, if you put in even a little effort and pressure early on in the game it can easily kill the enemy general alone.

Aymara healer is very very very strong, it alone can put a 10 HP gap between you and your opponent AND it has provoke. Every vet deck should use it.

Rasha's curse is great, at worse it's 2 damage for 2 mana that can get buffed and it can remove artifacts for a ton of value.

Must have commons: Primus Fist, Siphon Energy, Falcius, Whisper of the Sands

Oh wait what the hell Darkspine got nerfed into the dirt.

Is Duelyst going to get a mobile version?

it will, though nobody knows when

Yes they are, just don't put down multiple nimbuses at the same time vs magmar because lol plasma storm.

bump

there you go
i just found it on google

Hah! Thanks

ANDROID CLIENT WHEN?

See this, my hasty friend.

You're minding your own business when suddenly three of those assholes fall down from the sky and slap your general's ass.
What do?

I try to mentally prepare for some high impact bullying.

Okay fuck me Spinecleaver with Wildfire Ankh is fucking amazing. Now I only need to balance my Sajj deck so that I actually have shit on board instead of only ever drawing artifacts.

Zirix is better for artifact decks

Spawn three of mine

I wish Sajj was good for anything.

I do too... Thee fact that she's worse than Zirix for arti decks makes me very bitter.

Friendly reminder that generals can be silenced and silencing minions no longer kills them if they took lethal damage prior to their buff

Not sure I really want to start playing again desu. I mostly played lyonar when I wanted to climb and songhai when I wanted to meme. But now lantern fox is ruined and I doubt the meta is any more fun if I climb back to diamond/ s-rank.

I've got some old ass screenshots if that works

> All these laughably broken cards like fucking Nimbus 'I summon summon dervish obelisks that instakill minions every time I get hurt' is insane.

The unit that randomly summons a mechanical unit / adds one to your hand is ridiculous because you can get Mechazor or whatever the fuck his name is.

You know, the guy with 8/8 8 mana, all enchantments etc.

Holy shit what? Thats what that does? I nearly lost a game to nimbus because i just so happened to not have a silence when he slapped it down but i managed to clutch it out with regalia and slapping down the obelysks.

Fucking hell an obelysk that destroys minions that attack it? Shits ridiculous. Vetruvian is honestly more frustrating than songhai because half their deck is "silence this or lose the game

> silence this or lose the game

It's gotten worse now. The new expansion has so many outright broken units that anyone can see are absolutely broken, especially for their mana cost.

Unless you bought a trillion orbs, you'll get rekt every time. Especially Vet at this point.

>silencing minions no longer kills them if they took lethal damage prior to their buff

Please tell me your lying

> Pax exists.

How is it balanced to have a 2 mana 2/1 creature that summons two 2/2 iron dervishes when dying?

Jesus christ, it's like the ultimate first turn get-ahead.

it's old fenrir all over again
3 mana for 3/3 that summons another 3/3 after dying

The 2 cost faction pets are pretty strong.

Not sure if the lyonar 1 is worth it. 1 extra attack but it's a pet.

I think its decent in healyonar. Yeah the stats arent really worth not being able to control it but it also heals which is invaluable when comboed.

wouldn't run it AND healing mystic though, think I'll just stick with mystic

You say that but healing is ass in duelyst. Sundrop just isnt worth its slot when good card draw is hard to come by

That just leaves mystics and rejuvinator which is only viable in lyonar, again for healing combo

I never mentioned sun drop

A healyonar deck with just mystics and rejuvinators isnt much of a healing deck user

I'm not running healyonar though
nor do I use nerfed rejuvs

So what, this hypothetical is talking about a healyonr deck. Theres just not many efficient heals in the game that dont ruin you tempo wise. The lyonar battle pet puts something on the board and heals which is perfect. I wouldnt run more than one or two but its felt worth its slot so far

>Sajj mirror
>didn't lose a single charge until the turn before he conceded

out of curiousity could you post your deck? I haven't played in many months but I used to be fairly high ranked so I'm curious as to what decks look like now.
This is what I'm using now, don't really know where I would fit rejuvs/chasers. Also duelystdb doesn't have it yet so the picture is missing the 2 Fiz
Out of all the new cards the only one I'm really considering besides Fiz is radiant dragoon.

db hasnt been updated for shimzar and i havent really netdecked. Just put together stuff i thought was good. I was also rank 0 for 3-4 months before i got tired and stopped at gold and eventually just get to silver for the loot crate

thank you

Ah don't get me wrong I wasn't trying to netdeck off of you, just asking for some advice. I haven't played more than a 3~ matches since October since I got really tired of facing ayybissians and the million legendary vetruvian decks. Wonder how long the game can hold my attention this time.

How much money have you spent on the expansion so far?

3200 gold

8200g. Might just go the full 10k but not sure yet.

2500 gold, but i don't play constructed apart from climbing to diamond every month

Best ranged endgame state ever. This was before the new patch, by the way.
Just look at it! It's so satisfying. Also, yes, this was the turn that I won. Attack with everything and he's dead.

He conceded, by the way. Did the math and conceded.

He is, indeed, full of shit.

I love how confused they are when you spawn a totem for them. They hover over it for a while every single tme.

So battle pets kinda suck overall, but I gotta say, Bur is absolutely amazing for a 2 drop

>didnt get a single vetruvian card from orbs
>used all of my spirit earlier this week as I didnt know about the expansion yet

Kinda upsetting. Back to grinding. I guess I could break down some other faction cards for spirit, I just dont really like to do it in case I regret it later.

>Stopped playing in february
>Came back just before Shimzar
>Heal Lyonar is even worse to play against now with the second Lyonar general
What the fuck man

What exactly is your problem with it?

Stupid amounts of removal with shit like Sunriser and Holy Immolation, the new minion that gives the general +1 attack every time something is healed, minions that stick on the field forever, and just generally obnoxious spells like Divine Bond

But divine bond got nerfed user.

You can silence the bonus damage off the general

Didn't Healyonar need some help anyway?
You make me interested in trying it out.

I know it got nerfed, but it's still an absurd card if you can't actually remove the Ironfaggot Guardian. I run two Lightbenders in all my decks, but just dispelling it doesn't remove the fact that it has 10 health. And yes, I do try to remove the bonus damage from the enemy general, but if the Sunforge Lancer is placed on his backline, I have no chance of actually getting rid of it, so dispelling the damage just prolongs the inevitable. And don't even get me started on Arclyte when you combine it with Dawn's Eye
I have no clue, but around the time where I quit, it was THE deck to play. Every other match in diamond and S rank was against a Lyonar, it made me want to kill myself. Luckily, I ran Magmar when it was still broken

>play an elkowl
>it gets ranged and celerity
out fucking skilled

I cast obliterate, consuming all my shadow creep tiles and dealing 15 damage to all enemy units and generals

WHAT

So is Pax the best battle pet of them all or something? It's just so insanely good.

What would you consider the worst 8 mana legendary spell? I'm pretty mad about how much setup Winter's Wake requires to be worth anything, and though Circle of Dessication is potentially powerful, what good is board clear if you can't actually gain any kind of momentum with it?
Quite possibly, yes. I'd consider the only possible runnerups Gor and Z0r

Stampede.

>spend your entire turn hurting yoruself

from pure conjecture, i'd say the tier list is something like this
top tier: obliterate, sky phalanx
seems good: koan of horns
okay: circle
trash: winters wake, magmars spell

MAGMAR STRONK

>2 6/6 Mandrakes played on turn 4
>Razor Spines +1 dmg to all minions for 1 mana
>Draws a battle pet for more cheap minions to summon for even cheaper Mandrakes

S T R O N K
T
R
O
N
K

>Less than 3 Mandrakes
>1x copy of anything, when you have ZERO way of drawing extra cards
>Playing Veteran Silithars when they are a 3hp 4 drop
>2 flashes when your only good minions either come out with 2 hp if flashed (makantor) or should cost 3 mana or less when played (mandrake)

what am i doing/10

thanks for keeping the servers alive though

>got provoke and ranged

hmm versatility i guess

silhouette tracer my general away

flash reincarnate a makantor

give it +2/+2

laugh

redundancy is also good

oy vey

>play gauntlet
>enemy abyssian plays elkowl
>flying and ranged
>next turn shadow reflection
>draw no removal
>lose

Random is fun! Look at hearthstone!

that's nothing, today i pulled a turn 2 khymera with mind steal

>today's daily challenge has RNG in it. if a wraithling gets spawned in the middle row by the death of the vorpal reavers, you have to start over

it's a sign, isn't it