QTDDTOT

>at empty church parking lot
>front wheel drive sh*t box yota
>practicing handbrake turns in rain with friend
>neighbor comes out in pjs about 29yr old
>yells at us to leave cause we will kill ourselves and get out license taken away
>we are in us and in nj
How much trouble can I get in for doing this in an empty parking lot with nobody around, and I still got my probationary for another month?

Other urls found in this thread:

sanantonio.craigslist.org/ctd/5614095349.html
sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5653937265.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You could be trespassing

would it make a difference if I know the pastor and go to the church?

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone getting in trouble for practicing driving in a parking lot as long as you aren't being reckless or likely to cause damage.

Like points out though if the owner of the lot wants you to leave you gotta leave.

You neighbor is just being a crotchety old twat before his time.

i did spin out a few times and its like a hill that leads into a hair pin so its a little reckless

Ok Veeky Forums, so I pulled an 8.8 rear diff from a Mazda B4000 to put on my B2300. Thing is, when I try to search the model number, which is 333, all I get is shit about Ford tractors. I just want to see some info about it, particularly the spline
count, but I can't find anything non-tractor related

ford 8.8's should have info in the door tag, you can google it to find out what you got

for instance D4 is a common code in Explorers, for 3,73's with LSD

>comes out in pjs

So you were making a bunch of noise either late at night or early in the morning while being in a residential area. Great job ricer.

Is there any way to determine the specs of it without the door tag? I know from the diff tag that it's a 4.10 Lsd. If there isn't another way then I'll probably just take it apart and count the spline myself

I found a Dodge 2500 I like, but aside from the Neon there are 0 Dodges in the sticky. Should I be concerned about this and is there a good reason I should avoid a dodge pickups?

The truck I like is here, if you give a shit: sanantonio.craigslist.org/ctd/5614095349.html

Is it worth putting the car in 1st as well as applying the handbrake?

Also as an Ausfag manchild who got his license late... Does anyone else get drivers who deliberately go slow in front of you because they see you're still somewhat new behind the wheel?

Shit's been happening more recently as of late

If you have a good hand brake, being neutral is fine. However, some cars have a "preferred parking gear". For example, the C6 Corvette needs to be in reverse or it will drain its battery.

Looking to get a vehicle for under 20k been looking at the fiesta ST but im wary about the FF and how well the memes will handle in the snow(snows alot)... Any ideas?

It's a small FF car. It will handle snow fine as long as it's not deep enough to get it stuck.

From that year range...

31 spline.

You'll be fine, I'm also an NJ fag and rip handbrake skids in public with no ill effects

It will handle just like any fwd car but Fiesta ST's have shit tons of torque and if you tune it it has even more. The only problem you'll have in the snow is your ability to control the throttle and if you decide to hoon it up on ice you'll like just not go anywhere instead of going into a tree like a Subaru would, cuz they can actually get moving and totally forget that awd doesn't really translate into all wheel stop.

miggt have something to do with the empty lot being a church parking lot huh friend? That and many churchs also have houses around them maybe whole neighborhoods centered around them (because murrica) they probably perceive it as disdain for the church when youre ripping on the parking lot and youre probably beingg seen as a satanist to those people

welcome to Veeky Forums, friend

if you'd like to reply to a post just click the post number

How do I test drive cars at a dealer? Can I just show up and say "I'm thinking of a new car and want to see if I like the ? Mind if I drive it?"

Basically just tell them your shoppig for cars and would like to take it for a drive

Anyone have any problems with the '15 or '16 VW GTI?

I'm looking at getting one, and want to know if there's any known troubles with it.

Only if they gave you permission to be there.

So I DD a manual car and i just fucking rip through my floor mat with the heal of my clutch foot. Dose anyone else have this problem? Is there a mat i can buy that would stand up to the abuse?

I'm at 44500 miles in my car and have work through the mat where my right foot bounces between the gas and brake.

The place where my clutch foot rests has almost worn through.

There's gata be a better way

>not putting the sulfur in tires to use
>not laying down rubber pentagrams in church parking lots

mediocre

Start getting used to using your whole leg and not just resting your the heel of your clutch foot on the floor. It might be comfortable in your car, but impractical in others. Adopt a technique that can be used in any manual car.

Or just get rubber floor mats.

>but impractical in others
Perhaps, but i have driven in 4 different manual cars using my heal in each one without issue.

Then look into rubber or weather tech mats.

I guess that's my only option

I don't mind the wear. I use my whole leg for actually using the clutch, but sometimes rest it like pic related.

Also here is the wear.

If the church says you can then it's private property and there is nothing the police can do about it.

>what are noise ordinances

If he's doing hektik skidz early morning/late night and waking people up, then yes, the police can actually get involved.

But midday hektik skids are fine.
Remember, only go sideways when the sun is directly overhead.

How is the manual in a corolla? E120?

46RE they put behind the 5.9 isn't a great transmission.

The rest of the drivetrain is pretty solid. Dana 44/60 front and 9.25/60 rear. 5.9 is a good engine, though its outclassed by more modern ones.

Mine's a 2012, so E150 I think.

It's meh. It is jerky most of the time going into 2nd, grinds going into reverse. I have to get into the top of 3rd to hit 60.

If somebody else heard you or otherwise knew what you were doing, you were doing it wrong.

Lots of people have been pwned by cops for doing reckless shit in parking lots. It comes down to whether the officer views something as unsafe.

ok boys 2007 Skoda Fabia 1,2

sometimes after my shift at work when i start the car and start driving 1-2 gear it coughs for like 5-10 seconds and wont accelerate properly

what could be the cause

I didn't even say the year. But it's an 03

What the >FUCK< is happening with 4x4 prices on CL? I swear theres nothing under $7k with less than 200k miles.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

my temp gauge was high after getting off the freeway on the way home

when i stopped my car, the overflow tank was nearly full, which explains the overheating, but I don't know why it would be full in the first place.

what things should I look at that might cause that?

just tested it out again, overflow tank is no longer full and car isn't overheating anymore

maybe it was just the heat + ac being on

Are these larger wheel wells and front fender a body kit or something? I kinda wanna make my new '82 Civic into this look.

My new Silverado I picked up yesterday from the dealership has a little speck of rust on the front right hook. Should I be contact the dealership or is something minor? The hooks don't appear to be attached to any other metal or the body. An example of the area is shown here.

My friend told me that I'll need an adapter for the antenna on my car when I replace the radio because gm used to need special adapters. Is this true for a Saturn ion?

Can someone please for the love of christ clarify what "tip in knock" is?

When I google it all i get are uninformative car forum threads.

Model: 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix
Curb weight: 3,396 to 3,414 lbs
Horsepower: 240 hp
Engine: 3.8 L V6
MPG: Up to 19 city / 30 highway
Torque: 280 lb-ft
Dimensions: 197″ L x 73″ W x 55″ H

Found one near me with "no issues" and 145k miles for $2k.

I'll bring along my mechanic buddy to take a look at it but if it's not a shitheap inside is there any reason not to pull the trigger?

Supercharged v6 sounds lovely.

Other than googling or removing your radio to see for yourself, you can try going on Amazon and looking for "[car model][model year] antenna adapter"
If something relevant pops up, then you need an adapter

See if the intake manifold gasket was done, that's the only really major thing to look for... Otherwise, look for small coolant elbows going into the tensioner, one in front one in back. If they're plastic they'll need to be replaced with metal ones eventually. I own a 99 buick regal gs, got it for 1460 @ 117k needing a little work. Pretty fun for what it is

>Practice drifting
>not likely to cause damage

Choose one

You /could/ get exhibition driving as well as tresspassing

If you're really concerned, get the frame checked at a mechanic. New shit shouldn't rust, but then again I've also seen tow hooks rust a very long time before the rest of the vehicle.

Its written on the bed of the truck m8...

So I park at home on a moderate slope, probably no more than 15% downhill towards the front bumper. I tend to put the car in pro and slowly let off the breaks until the car rolls forward and rests on the transmission. Should I use a prking break or is that amount of strain negligible on the tranny? It's a 2008 TJ so Chrysler may have gifted the vehicle their oh so renown glass drivetrain.

I need a coupe that has awesome fuel economy and and is really comfortable on long journeys. Preferable something new.

What suggestions do you have?

Put it in park* and it's actually a WK my bad

I've been texting a guy about his 92 nissan nx1600. He wants 1800 but it has a rebuilt title. Should I just go check it out by myself or what should I do? I'm a little worried about the r-title part. He says he doesnt know what its from. Although it runs and has heat/ac which is better than my current shitbox.

Subaru BRZ my friend

How easy/difficult is it to own an NSX?Is the maintenance expensive?

Most BMW coupes

Bikes in CA are ridiculously overpriced. Does anyone have any places they look for bikes on craigslist that are relatively near to southern ca where things are cheaper?

Maybe a full day or so to get there and back?

Thanks

That's the yards identification, imports row 9

Its a reply to the op

yes but I doubt you'd find anythings not horrible rice and of a shred of quality nowadays

those old school ricers often pretty much fabbed their own kits from moulding fiberglass right to the body,

they also had the advantage of the car's not being very old and unpopular

To do that to your car would cost way more then its worth it, if you really want I'd just do some ebay bolt on flares and call it a day

tow hooks generally (canuckistan) rust long before their time but they usually stay solid as its just surface, if you really want light sand it and spray it

if you have it use it, its always better to wear down your parking brake then the trans, that being said the strain is likely negligible
Maintenance is relative, it'll be nothing compared to a real supercar of the time but it's much more than a prelude

......Mexico?

Which is more economical lowest possible RPM or peak torque RPM?

The only evidence I have is anecdotal, but I'll toss it in. CVT transmissions used to run peak torque. Now they're mostly programmed to have "shift points" at the lowest possible rpm. Especially in fuel efficient cars. My guess would be that the change was made because it's more economical at low rpm.

Take that as you will.

I've always been taught lowest possible RPM is best.
But my "new" car (made in 2008) has a real time fuel economy meter and it seems low RPM+higher gear isn't more efficient than higher RPM and one gear lower, especially if there's any gradient.

Arizona isn't that bad. People become big pussies when it gets to be 110F out and sell

Cvt units where programmed with shift points recently so that the driver felt like it was a normal car. They got complaints for the feel of the car not shifting it felt wrong to most people.

Anyone here DD a car with a heavy aftermarket clutch?
How bad is it?
Is it doable if u just put it in neutral more often instead of holding the clutch in?
Does ur left leg get mad gains?

Holy shit I was trying to make a new thread
I'm retarded

Actually this happened to be a good thread to fuck up with kek

Correct. Design and build the tech for efficiency and then program it for the opposite because people are fucking stupid.

I'm fully aware of that. But with fuel consumption regulations getting more strict every other day, they would let driving experience suffer in order to make ends meet. Because lets be honest, driving a normal CVT is absolute fucking ass. Not that the fake shift points are any better though.

I'm straight up not allowed to leave the country, I should have specified that.

The ride between az and san diego is a blast btw.
I've relatives in Tucson that can look at things in person if I find anything. I'll keep that in mind thanks

Don't put a heavy clutch in your stock FWD 4banger, it isn't going to make any difference in performance, and will decrease driving comfort.

If you're going to do it anyway, it's not a problem if you're not a pussy. I drove a mustang every day for 6 years with a heavy clutch, never really noticed unless I was drunk and couldn't push it hard enough.

I kinda have to when Im making 480ft-lbs of torque
Stock clutch keeps slipping

Also
>4 banger

The RC by Lexus, good?

Who are you speaking to, my firend? That guy has been in Veeky Forums for years.

put some winter snow/ice tires on it if it's REALLY bad snow where you are and you'll be fine. Added bonus: studded tires with tall sidewalls look hilariously mad-maxish on a little hatchback.

I would definitely recommend you get the base model wheels though, because they can fit cheap 185 winters and all seasons, and 205 summers.

On a 2012 Golf GTI in manual transmission, how does one activate the sport mode? Or is there no mode changing because its a manual

Probably no sport mode
Most sport buttons just make the auto shift later
Some may open an exhaust valve or something but yeah I'm going to guess it doesn't have one

a thing by my gas gauge says my car takes premium fuel only. the engine is an L26 v8 from the mid 90s with a 9.5:1 compression ratio; do I actually need to use premium or can I get by on lesser?

Why wouldn't you use the recommended fuel? Are you poor?

yes

Ymmv but whenever I see "premium fuel only", to me that means only use premium fuel. If you see "premium fuel recommended", then that means the car will run without it, just at reduced performance.

Depends on you're allowed to be there

As for hand brake turns, just tell the cop you're practicing emergency maneuvers in a safe environment away from traffic

sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5653937265.html

Should I buy this?

>sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5653937265.html
The upholstery's fucked, and the owner doesn't seem to be very good at English, so be careful. You might be getting nigged.

>police car driving nearby
>everyone is doing 5 below the speed limit
Why are drivers so scared of being pulled over? I'm stuck behind these idiots because all the cars are side by side doing the same slow speed because their afraid.

Also, why is it whenever I see a car doing some stupid reckless shit I always see that it's a woman behind the wheel?

Remember a lot of lots are private property and if you're asked to leave and don't that's tresspassing.

Is there some taboo against daily driving a classic?

No, but depending on the condition and what it is you may be perceived as poor or stupid.