I want to get a scooter

I want to get a scooter.

Which kind would be the most reliable for the lowest amount of money?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Super_Cub
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Honda or kawasaki if you don't care about styling

gayer than miata owners

but not delusional

What is the speed you need to be able to get to?

get an old puch. Very easy to work on. Very cheap. Very very easy to make fast.

Razer

Yamaha vino, zuma
Honda metro
Anything that's major jap motorcycle company

How fast do you need to go?
That's the biggest issue

Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha are good but quite expensive, SYM is really cheap but quality is close to the Japanese brands. Not sure you can get those everywhere though.

Does Kawasaki make scooters in the US?

>100+ mpg
>cheap and easy to operate

Yeah I'll be gay all the way to the bank

I need to be able to comfortably cruise at 40-45 mph. Most of the roads before that are 25 and 30.

I've seen some SYMs for sale locally but I figured they just made small motorcycles, which I'm not opposed to.

I'm also considering a Grom but they're hard to find used.

>Grom

My dad has a SYM Fiddle II 50, it looks just like a Vespa LX but for half the price and more reliable. It's limited to 30 mph though. I'd go for a 125 or 200 cc Fiddle or a Wolf. The Symba looks pretty nice too though.

>Razer
The Razor Scooter doesn't go fast enough for the open highway. It's only for recreational riding and was deliberately made that way to avoid having to get legally required highway certification as a powered vehicle. The Razor Scooter is also considerably slower than the Vespa LX.

SYMs are good quality, they make a bunch of great scooters.

I own a Sym wolf classic 150 and thats a fun little motorcycle. Try em out!. It's faster than a grom too.

I'm mad that SYM discontinued their honda super cub c90 clone

those are impossible to find in southern california

Honda C90 cub. It's indestructible.

The C70 can also get 200+mpg
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Super_Cub
>Kimball, riding the Passport, won the event through skillful and error-free riding, with 198 miles per US gallon (1.19L/100km; 238mpg-imp).[45][46]

>I want to get a scooter.

Before you get one, does your area support scooter riding? If it is a place where scooter riders get mugged each time they stop at the traffic light (because they are in the open) or shot at with airguns, then you have to think again. You also have to determine if your parking spot at home is adequate for it or if you will actually roll it indoors in the front hallway if you are on the first floor.

Most detinations are good because a highway qualified scooter can legally occupy a parking spot until some drunk bastard swings into the spot that looks empty and crunches the scooter.

But really, you need to determine if you can get to every destination you NEED to go (not want, but need) such as your first 2 grocery choices, doctor/dentist, work, and job commute. For example, if there is no way to get to work except by crossing the Golden Gate Bridge, that means you have to do that on ramp slower than some cars behind you will like. Or if the only way to get to work means you have to get onto a road whose minimum speed limit is 100MPH, then the scooter is out.

>I want to get a scooter.
Scooters can go fast on a straightaway. But if you have a sharp curve, you will be slower than a car because you otherwise can wipeout especially if wet. A car can drift a little and you don't notice it too much as you continue on the curve. But a scooter doesn't drift. As soon as it loses grip you are sliding down and falling.

I have never seen a non-scraped-up scooter yet except once. That was a pair of cute scooters parked at the public library. One was pinkish, so it must have been a husband wife pair taking their saturday recreational ride.

Get the grom, or a proper motorbike.

Op I highly!!! Suggest looking into getting a Honda elite 80, or at least checking them out. Mine gets 70+mpg, starts up and runs reliably walkways and it honestly looks really fucking cool. Very affordable too, I bought mine for only $500. I wouldn't spend more than 800 on one unless it's an amazing condition from a newer year model.(since the scooter has been the same since the 1980's)
Could post a picture of mine but I'm worried it would come out sideways since I am currently on mobile...

>grom

Yeah instead of getting a gay scooter get an even gayer cuckbike

>Getting shot with a pellet gun because you ride a scooter
Only in America.

Fucking gay scooter cuckboi pls leave

Fuck off scootercuck

>Scooter
>Golden gate bridge

Fucking poofta cunt faggot

just don't get anything Chinese or Korean

>Scooter
Faggots pls leave

>Scooter
How does it feel to be poor and gay?

>Gay Poorfag cant buy car

Ayy lmao!

Scooters a shit.

>Queerboi cant afford a car

Get a fucking job faggot!

what is a good model ?
some of the two that catch my attention
Maxi Sport LS 2
cobra 50-6 GTL

>swirlmarks everywhere
You really should learn to wash daddy's car better.

lol, no wonder they don't sell much in my country the fucking panel gaps on them are horrendous.

But Chinese scooter parts are super cheap

>parts are super cheap
good thing as you might need to buy more than one of the same part just to get one that fits on your bike
also in my local the Chinese scooter brands have been marred by head set and fork failures

and likewise Korean brands have trouble with their fuel injection systems
also brittle plastics on the fairing compared to more reputable brands

only little problems but they add up to a lack of confidence in the product from consumers who are not in the emerging economy's
and who are somewhat fussy by expecting working products

>Yeah I'll be gay all the way to the bank
And all the way back, poorfag.

They don't have pellet guns for the purpose of shooting at cars or scooters. It's to shoot out the lights or homeowner's dog before they try to burgle a place. Pellet guns are quiet.

Which Dad?

>cuckbike
>more technologically advanced than your bike
Do you have upside down Showa forks, user?

>Only in America.
Iffn you get pellet shot, you fall down in traffic and get run over. They LOL at you. Much funs had by all.