Anyone on Veeky Forums have a dash cam?

Anyone on Veeky Forums have a dash cam?

I bought a cheap $55 dollar dash cam with two IR 1080p cameras, one with a wider angle lense.

It's alright for capturing shootings or car chases in detroit. An it has an auto movement record so i can watch my house though out the night if there is any movement outdoors on my property

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sLSSzQyJqlA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

g1wx
it's good but I haven't captured anything of value yet

me either. Just aggressive/bad drivers.

Hoping i'll catch something i can sell to the news one day haha

G1W master race

the thinkpad of dash cams

G1W a shit

A118c a best

Hell yeah that's what I got. It's subtle as fuck so I forget it's even there.

>G1W

lel. You mean the deawoo of electronics?

It also runs for 30 seconds without last movement. Which is all pretty nice for $55.

Thank you chinese people

>the deawoo of electronics

kek i owned a g1w for a month before it shit the bed

I've got a $40 newegg gc, what's the best $100 dash cam I can get that wont' crap out in the summer time heat? Or am I expected to take it inside when I go to work?

Pretty sure Daewoo Electronics is the Daewoo of electronics

Summer time averages here are 96 F outside.

Also don't want it taking up a huge space on my windshield but I do want something. I've been using my gopro but I have to take it inside and replace it on the mount each time I get in and out and it's getting on my nerves. Rather have something I can just leave in the car at all times.

$100 is my price point.

Get the A118C. It has a capacitor instead of a battery so heat will never be an issue.

Yup got the GW1-C from Veeky Forums's recommendation, it was $40 or so and been working fine for 6 months, use it with a 32gb sandisk microsd (no sharks gb2 /g/csg/). Does 1080p in one direction very well, check it occasionally. Almost waiting for something stupid to happen in front of me. Anyway I'm the type of person who doesn't really care about the insurance costs going up, the main part of the dash cam for me is knowing I have a big "fuck you" to insurance scammers. Heard about that stuff and it's what worried me most over accidents even that weren't my fault, would not be able to live knowing I didn't shut that down as hard as physically possible. if I ever got targeted by a scammer I'd literally stop and get out and do a dash cam dance for an hour screaming Veeky Forums memes, I would freak out that hard.

How the fuck do I keep the stupid suction cup on the windscreen? It keeps falling off every 6 weeks

I'll be honest I don't know how capacitor works. Do I have to plug it into a port to power it then?

It's like a battery that only keeps it's charge for a short while but doesn't wear out
The dashcam should still turn on when you turn your car on

Sorry I meant does it use my old cigarette lighter plug in because I have a radar detector that uses it. Might just try a cheapo $40 gwc and if it crap out oh well then just keep using my gopro.

Well yeah, but you could always just hook it up to your fuse box

$15 gt300 from gearbest.. Small, captures are useful enough.

Protip mount it behind windshield tint to help from sun death

>A118c
ayyy senpai

Lick it faggot. Also make sure the windshield is clean too

Ypsifag here, where in and what's it like actually living in Detroit? Any good cheap properties since they started that auction business two years ago or would you be like the only house with the lights on living in a deserted street?

>if I ever got targeted by a scammer I'd literally stop and get out and do a dash cam dance for an hour screaming Veeky Forums memes, I would freak out that hard.

They would beat you up and take away your dash cam memory chip. That is what happened to someone at my university when they got into an accident. It was not a scam situation but a basic accident. However, they didn't want the blame since if they boldly lie, it will be a "tie" and no one gets convicted. So they beat up the victim and took away his data. As our campus paper reported, the campus police were unable to make a determination and there was no proof the perps had taken away the data. Only the camera was there with no memory chip.

>How the fuck do I keep the stupid suction cup on the windscreen?
Wipe the spot on the windshield with a microfiber to make sure no oils or smog grime on the surface. Wipe the suction cup too. Don't lick it. I prefer a dry cup since evaporation of liquid under the cup reduces the suction. Remember. Clean.

>what's it like actually living in Detroit?
In the bad areas, the police don't patrol. So you are alone for a long time after you call for help. The predators know it too. You can't brandish because they will record that to get you prosecuted over and over until your gun is legally taken away as a public hazard. The police primarily take care of the rich areas and stay there.

Hell I always thought shoot to kill was a /k/ meme.

>They would beat you up and take away your dash cam memory chip. That is what happened to someone at my university when they got into an accident. It was not a scam situation but a basic accident. However, they didn't want the blame since if they boldly lie, it will be a "tie" and no one gets convicted. So they beat up the victim and took away his data. As our campus paper reported, the campus police were unable to make a determination and there was no proof the perps had taken away the data. Only the camera was there with no memory chip.
kek
If someone causes a crash with me I'll withhold the info that I have a dash cam until the police arrive then just hand it over and tell the other party.

Some nitwit tried to pull the old Ragu's reverse rear ender on a car next to me in traffic last year and the truck behind him had a dashcam, as soon as the cop started watching the video on the tiny screen the fraudster took off down the shoulder of the highway and led police on a short chase before getting boxed in by traffic and arrested.

>Ypsifag here, where in and what's it like actually living in Detroit?

Lots of detroit is good. Lots of it bad and abandoned. It was a physically large city once, but you find life in the suburb cities. Many abandoned buildings get raided for scrap materials. Commercial buildings might even have copper pipes and wires ripped out and send to china as raw scrap. Anthony Bourdain had a nice show about Detroit in his series "Parts Unknown" in season 2 episode 8. It is on youtube too. The full show is approx 43 minutes long. Even my city has donated some of our older fire fighting gear to Detroit in order for them to save budget for keeping firefighters employed to fight the constant arson fires.

Parts Unknown: Detroit by Anthony Bourdain
youtube.com/watch?v=sLSSzQyJqlA

Bourdain does a combination food and travel show often showing things worthy of social commentary. Some episodes are pretty gnarly. Sometimes, even crimes are shown but he wisely says nothing and lets you have the conclusion for yourself. He's not squeamish like Chris Evans as he even let himself be tattooed with rather dirty looking ink and sharp wooden sticks in order to "get in good" with his hosts for the segment in that episode. It wasn't fake either where they show it starting then cut away. They showed a lot of the tattoo already done and the job still in progress.

The first muslim-run city is a detroit suburb city. They have changed rules at the public schools there as much as was constitutionally legal.

Pick up one of those add a fuse things at the auto parts store and wire it to that. I wired a cig lighter plug to one then plugged in a two port USB charger then plugged the cam into that. Cam starts up when I start my car and I got an extra USB port hidden down there in case I get another accessory or just wanna charge something down there.

I bought one of those super cheap dashcams that you see lots of variations, but they are all using the same basic item. I paid $19.99 and it works okay. It comes with a LiON battery but runs primarily on the 12VDC. It turns off about 7 seconds after the 12v power is cut. The battery is so that you can carry it away from the mount and view the footage.

The annoying thing is that it makes a low volume squealing noise all the time. The squealing doesn't seem to be from its little speaker. It is like parts are sizzling from being overstressed. But since I don't use remote start, there is no chance that thing will catch on fire if I am not in the car, so it is something to tolerate for now while I try to find a different unit. I guess people have mentioned both A118C and the G1W units. Whatever the next unit, I want it able to mount on the rearview mirror so that it is both stealthy and doesn't use up window space. That will make it easier to put up that reflective sunscreen in my front windshield to reflect the sun.

Unlike the much more expensive A118C that stops working a month or so past the point you can return it to amazon, at least this unit is still working since january 2016. If you read the owner comments at amazon for the A118C, that unit stops working in less than a year. So it is hit or miss on its internal parts quality. Amazon doesn't accept returns on it after that short initial time period, so lots of users are stuck with that chinese quality.

>Anyone on Veeky Forums have a dash cam?
It's like you need both a front and rear dash cam due to all the liars nowadays. It used to not be this way. But there is an epidemic of lying now.

Yea. I got hit from the side and back by a semi. A front end dash cam would have caught nothing

Why would a dashcam make a squealing noise?

My Mini 0805 squeals too. Electronics with no moving parts or speakers can squeal believe it or not. Both inductors and surface mount capacitors can be at fault, the problem is that whatever circuit is oscillating in the unit runs at an audible frequency, which is cheaper than making one that oscillates at a higher frequency due to the component specs required.

I have a soft-top vehicle. Is there a clever way to hide a dashcam so it won't get stolen, or have it save to another device to record the theft? Alternatively, are there any dashcams that are well "hidden" inside something like the rearview mirror from the factory?