/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Magic island of space dildos edition

Previous geg: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise:

Corneroids, Space Engineers, Starmade, Avorion, From the Depths, Factorio, REM, Robocraft, Machinecraft, Garry's Mod, Homebrew, Besiege, Infinifactory, Scrap Mechanic, GearBlocks, and anything else welcome. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

Space Engineers:
>spaceengineersgame.com
>SpEngies for retards: i.imgur.com/IZekrGe

StarMade:
>star-made.org
>youtube.com/watch?v=7YyxsW_2xmo
Server: NASSzone
IP: nasszone.com:4242

Avorion
>avorion.net/

From the Depths:
>fromthedepthsgame.com
>/egg/heim idea bin: pastebin.com/Tmk14sf2

Factorio:
>factorio.com/
>guide.factorio.com/index.html
>steamcommunity.com/groups/eggtorio

REM:
>www.remproject.wordpress.com
>youtube.com/channel/UCzp2XM98-FcFWAqhFjnxSbg

Machinecraft:
>hrpbk2 wix com / machinecraft
>upload/download designs at filescase.com
>TT Mech template: www.mediafire.com/download/0aalnmvvyvm75sq/TT-Mech-Template.rar
>Helpful starter guide: youtube.com/watch?v=iLVnW5exF3Q

Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>store.steampowered.com/app/325420/
>homebrewgame.com/

Besiege:
>store.steampowered.com/app/346010/
>youtube.com/watch?v=n-aG7E9gTNI

Infinifactory:
>zachtronics.com/infinifactory

Scrap Mechanic:
>store.steampowered.com/app/387990/

Robot Arena 2:
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=5

KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>zachtronics.com/kohctpyktop-engineer-of-the-people/

Algodoo:
>algodoo.com/

OP Pastebin for new deds :pastebin.com/4YU2GFPj

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/387990/
youtube.com/watch?v=EPsG8td7C5k
empyrion-servers.com/server/349/
youtube.com/watch?v=oaF_NwVbIgo
steamcommunity.com/games/383120/announcements/detail/789641743933161290
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
ibtimes.co.uk/emdrive-nasa-eagleworks-paper-has-finally-passed-peer-review-says-scientist-know-1578716
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ded

>ultraheavy elements just CLANG under their own weight

>we will never find a continent of stability

>no empyrion in OP

>still no empyREEEon in the OP

We're running out of room
We need an ether/pirate/titanpad with all of the games.
Problem is I don't know how to into that.

there are games in the OP that have zero players, others unreleased. Empyrion has a faction with like 15

Any up-to-date guide for a CIWS/Anti missile/shells turret setup for FtD? I've tried with a 6-turreted, 300 max RPM flak-flak-timed fuse-powder to no luck, shells still get through

Then gib guide to etherpad
It's better to set one up in the long run.

We better start to Zip stuff, like links and shit.

Scrap Mechanic:
>store.steampowered.com/app/387990/

Like i dont know how to google scrap mechanic and how the steam page to buy it is like one of the 1st results.

>inb4 scrap-mechanic.softonic.com/

We should start charging the devs to keep the name of their game in the sticky.

Then we can spend the cash on rare doujins of our waifus.

Can't we make a pastebin like any other general?

Hello /egg/.

If you have been missing a few threads and posts, the Warbros Space Engineers Server is up and running again. The module has a largely diminished mod count (down from almost to 140 to about 80), with much smaller data foot print (down from 1.8GB to about 700 MB), and has three instead of 12 planets, or whatever we had before.

You can join via the known means: Message Ced23Ric, Denorra, Misojner or Keo on Steam, and you will receive an invite to the access list/group. That group also has links to the mod collection and preload/offline build world, the server rules and the server IP. If you have been in the group before but got kicked, no worries, we'll get you right back in.

Additional posts worth a read:
Need a roid for a base? Call me. Future plans for the serbian: I should probably screen cap that shit, but I am on my phone.

- -
Posted from my Control Panel.

Etherpads are like pastebins but editable and with more features.
/mcg/ uses them for a lot of things, that's why I thought of it.

REMOVE KIKEBAB

...then why don't you make one?

>They'd probably end up as heavy armor in the same way as depleted uranium
Not only is it impossible to guarantee that superheavy elements have suitably high density, but production will likely be prohibitively expensive.
One of DU's many useful qualities is that it is an abundant waste product of an important process - it's relatively cheap.

FtD is a good game.

"FtD is a good game" - /egg/, 1 year ago

Because I don't know how to

What's your metric, something idiotic like 100% protection? CIWS is literally the hail mary of defenses and always has been.

No, something like >0% protection. NO shell gets shot, or more acurately, missiles do but dont get destroyed, and shells are out-right ignored. Im trying now with Powder-Powder-Timed-Frag-Frag-Composite, 6 barrels, AA mantlet, 3 belt-fed autoloaders, and visual/radar/laser gimbals. Lets hope it works

swap frag - frag - composite for flak x 3 and it might work better

CLANG

Stupid question.
As in, potato tier with a knowledge of the subject inferior to a particularly retarded amoeba stupid.

Assuming there is a rod of length of 1 light second that behaves as a rigid body and weight 1 kg (yes, it's stupidly light but it's for simplicity's sake) that is between two celestial bodies that have the following characteristics:
1) They keep a constant distance and orientation one from the other
2) Have enough mass that any force exerted on the rod by a person or a machine wouldn't alter the object's trajectory, location and motion in any meaningful way
3) Is yet still light enough to not influence the rod with it's gravity

Said that, if someone on Body A were to push the rod at it's exact section's center (to avoid it bending) at a speed of 10 m/s for 0.1 seconds while at the same time emitting a pulse of light toward Body B what would happen?
a) The guy on Body B sees his end of the rod moving before the light arrives to him as the whole rod moves slower than the speed of light (but the "push" information travel faster?)
b) The guy on Body B sees his end of the rod moving as the light pulse arrives, meaning that for that whole second there is a volume of "compressed rod" moving at the speed of light along the rod (the rod thus momentarily became of length=1 light second-1 meter)
c) The "compressed rod" volume moves at the speed of sound of the medium within the rod (does that even make sense with a rigid body?)

Second question, same as the first only the rod is made with chemically pure crystalline Silicon Dioxide (quartz), what happens still assuming the rod still weights 1 kg (excluding the logistic problems of pushing something that would be absurdly thin)?

>inb4 I seldom think this would even be noticed on Veeky Forums, let alone replied to, at the very worst i get to humor someone if i post it here.

the "push" information would travel at speed of sound

this "light speed stick" pops on at literally every day

Jesus Clang user... I...
Just watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=EPsG8td7C5k
I think it might just help. Or not. I don't know anymore.
I need to find my vodka.

I think it would be c — I'm pretty sure a rigid body is something that doesn't technicslly exist, it's just a concept used in thought experiments, or in situations where the the elasticity of a substance is so low that unless you have a situation like yours it doesn't matter.

The rod one in the video is different than what i said, the rod is swiped along the surface rather than pushed towards it.

Though the slinky think goes to answer the question.

Lo and behold, the HMS Sitting Duck, a small and relativelly fast (yet hard to steer) oiler boat. Boasting a probably overkill detection system, and a not even completed CIWS turret. Enjoy getting destroyed by anything with small cannons

I finally got the concept of the campaign

I just cheesed the whole of deepwater guard with a submarine with vertical missiles and torpedos

Now I have 90k material but I've never built anything bigger than 10k

Time to work out what lasers are like I guess

Man, the Warbros admin is such an autist.

I'm going to slam this monster into the atmosphere at 8k m/s

The atmospherics effects mod is installed

I can't wait for my sim speed to drop to .1

Nigger where do you think you are.
We're all autistic here.

Though now i wonder what the speed of sound of a neutron star or even a singularity be.

Probably less than c, however considering the amount of crazy shit that happens at those densities...
I'm not even going to speculate because i've just run out of aspirin. Gotta choose another pharmacy too, current physician is giving me weird looks.

>be on TS
>ask a question
>get an answer
>don't like answer
>ignoring answer results in repeated failure
>"why do you do this?"
>WOW YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE AN ASSHOLE ABOUT IT
>ragequit TS
>shitpost on /egg/ as user

I wonder who is behind this post. :^)

If you want to know something, I'm more than happy to help. If you don't want to listen, that is on you, though. I told you not to ram drills into the rocks, and I told you to use shields andgo slow. Another guy told you to not fire forward thrusters when you are at the rocks. If you ignore all that, and keep frustrating yourself despite better advice, then I cannot help you.

And vaguebooking some shit about "the warbros admin", as if my function had anything to do with what just occurred, only makes you look worse. I suggest you sleep over it and come back when you're cooled off.

Probably because he's German, and because simspeed is a fucking cunt. Now get

I went slow and it popped. But you had to rant about how retarded I am for 5 minutes.

>be on TS
there is a teamspeak?

>using autism as an insult in /egg/

Well, I'm going to TRY anyway

It's grav engine is misaligned and not powerful enough

I don't like to be shittalked by a manic depressive with an exceptionally loud microphone for 5 minutes because of latency issues popping some autism drill on my autism ship. That's all.

There is one yes.

>1436m/s

Why don't you niggers deal with your shit where it belongs instead of dragging all that dirt out here as if you have a fucking ulterior motive you shitwaffles, the rest of us don't give a FUCK about your drama.

Okay no probably not going to make 3k before impact

Oh well, good enough for government work

What server do empyrion players play on?

Sure. Ask on the serbian and I'll give out the address.

I can live just fine without you being a drama whore on /egg/ about it. You need to calm down.

Andromeda I think

Just hit the gravity well, it's almost time

You're still dragging it.

And we've hit atmosphere at 2270~ m/s

4 RL seconds to go before hitting the dirt, but it'll be a lot longer than that

Got a video?

Please, my PC couldn't do this and record at the same time

Sadly, despite all the hooplah, it just speared into the earth like a javelin and only took minor damage from the reentry

The bridge tower was burned off by the heat and the front's engines and other components were melted

Went so fast it didn't even damage some components

We station now

As expected. Above a certain size it's not even fun because the damage stops. It's better to have a nice ship the size of red/blue than bigger.

Can't find that on lobby btw.

Also found this wtf.

The bottom armor is still hot from reentering but

There's nothing really wrong with her from the outside
Some of the greebles melted away and all the interior walls used as decoration are bent

The (US-UK-AUS) thing is included, so don't try searching under A*

IM BUUUUURNING UP FOR YOU...

Oh, there is a hole where the ship was, but it's only about half the crosssection of the front

Deleted the ship to actually see said hole

Are you watching at the hole, or from it?

> when you're about to warn a guy obliviously mining on mars that a spider is on the other side of the asteroid but he dies before you can finish typing so you steal his backpack full ore

Those are heretics, ignore them or HIS CLANGINESS will punish you the next time you play a game that has CLANG, empyrion doesn't have it as far as I know

Google it.

Reminder to purge ZF refugees

Nigga, how can you even complain about this admin? He spent like 2h with me on Steam, teaching me about the game and answering the most retarded questions I could ask.
And I'm not even playing on MP yet.

Did you just link the guy the exact same thing I linked him.

didn't see any link
also this is why we need the server in the OP

Ced is not Keen, nor Marek.

Proof?

Ced's server is great but that shoddy netcode. This is worst than the netcode on Halo Combat Evolved PC.

Proof that ced isnt marek?
or proof that its keen's fault?

>mfw keen officeis 4 hour drive from germany

youtube.com/watch?v=oaF_NwVbIgo

eggpyrion bugfix

lmao wrong link

steamcommunity.com/games/383120/announcements/detail/789641743933161290

there you go, eggpyrion update

Yes

CONFIRMED! Donald Trump will make CLANG great again!

public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
/mcg/ told me how to into etherpad
This format okay for the new OP?

Notehub is also good because it supports markdown.

>perminently

But why the fuck am i complaining about spelling? GO! And may God be with you!

That's been like this for a while. I'm probably going to sneak that in on the main branch and then merge in the changes to this one.

Ced does not work for keen, don't waste his time like an asshole.

I'm sure he has better shit to be doing.

Try google.

wat

ibtimes.co.uk/emdrive-nasa-eagleworks-paper-has-finally-passed-peer-review-says-scientist-know-1578716

>Shawyer is now actively working on the second-generation EmDrive with an unnamed UK aerospace company and the new device is meant to be able to achieve tonnes of thrust (1T = 1,000kg), rather than just a few grams.

>"We're trying to achieve thrust levels that go up by many orders of magnitude, where the q values of the cavities are between 1 x 109 and 5 x 104. Once you reach the levels of thrust we anticipate we will reach, you can apply it anywhere," he told IBTimes UK. "Essentially, anything that currently flies or drives or floats can use EmDrive technology."

future soon?

When they put it on something and that something performs to their promised potential then I will believe
The back and forth on it being possible or impossible has made me drop any expectations or doubts and just stand back to wait if anything obviously indicative occurs

>nasa
They spout out these scientific theories and discoveries but in the end, it never really amounts to anything. Just some publicity stunt to secure more funding...not that it is a bad thing.

probably just marketing and PR. The real physics behind practical engines being used and tested today is not going public, at least not before they really need to, i.e. world war III. As a rule of thumb, I like to assume that any tech made public is already obsolete by decades comparing to cutting edge military tech.

>getFreeDesination to be removed
FUCKING DOGCOCK FAGGOTSHIT ASSPAINT FUCKTOWEL KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

A shame they're so good at it. Combined with all these propaganda games we play, it almost makes you forget the world is actually flat.

>This ugly brainchild of a crank is generating thrust without super hot exhaust and basically, you're fucking stupid

those idiots can't even get into space

>rover flips over on blaned and is stuck like turtle
>gently use nose guns to forklift the rover back upright
>saving... please wait
>shields freak out
>rover spills all of its spaghetti and dies

hail clang
also, advanced mining jewpost when

>forgot pic

Repairs under way