Discussion

Two stroke engine vs four stroke engine? Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ihsxSPUGd4g
youtube.com/watch?v=EnN1i9LjAw0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

2 stroke is literally better in every possible way EXCEPT emissions.

So its died and won't return ever again.

This, though it also used more i think

six stroke>two stroke>four stroke

Piston/cylinder wear is a bitch though, also the fuel thing isannoying.

BBBRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPP

w-what about rotary engines

bump for 2 smoke

Not really cars but for some reason EMD uses 2-stroke diesels on 90% of their locomotives

And yet the 4-stroke Alcos were far more smoky than than the above

How about anything other than cylinder/dorito engines? Aren't there any other cool kinds of engines?

External combustion?

Two stroke has two rotations per stroke while four has four rotations. In that case a two stroke is probably having twice the RPM's as a four, with better acceleration response. However the disadvantage of a two stoke is less efficiency and oil burning easy to foul spark pug cylinder lubrication.

It is only better because of engine weight to power. A two stroke does not have as much torque per revolution. Remember a two stroke is literally pumping out twice the RPMs as a four at any given moment. Which is to say a four cylinder two stroke is the same as an eight cylinder four stroke.

rotary a best

>In that case a two stroke is probably having twice the RPM's as a four,

A lot of high strung 4 strokes rev higher than just about any 2 stroke could ever dream of

your mother gives me a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke every night.

faggot

You may be confused in what I just said.

Two strokes per cycle. At any given point there are two intake and power stokes per revolution. However the sound of any four stroke is if it has two cylinders already somewhat mimics the common sound of a single cylinder two stroke.

Nigger you can buy 2 stroke at the pump.... For boats.

Many boat and some enthusiast airplanes are 2 stroke.

Some boats you just fill an oil and fuel tank they auto mix on the run

>Nigger you can buy 2 stroke at the pump.... For boats

I don't want to know what kind of wasteland nation you live in. Oil has to be mixed into a jerrycan of [91] by hand around here.

that there's a radial engine

youtube.com/watch?v=ihsxSPUGd4g

>Two stroke has two rotations per stroke while four has four rotations.

I think you're the one having a stroke you uneducated retard. A two stroke means that the piston travels twice for each power stroke. 4 stroke means the pistons travels 4 times for each power stroke.

It's a rotary radial. Lurk and learn, newb ;^)

I laughed a lot during this video.

2 stroke

That goes double for diesels
youtube.com/watch?v=EnN1i9LjAw0

Thats just plain wrong.

There is one ignition per revolution while on four strokes you get one extra revolution to expell the exhaust in which no work is done.

Four strokes are pretty much working at half capacity.

what has better power to weight, 2 stroke with expansion chambers or turbocharged 4 stroke?

Turbocharged 2-stroke