/hou/ - Houston's real street racing network

Bring us your humble, your meek, your huddled masses of shitboxes, yearning to be free. Whether ye be poor, or an aristocrat on high, welcome here ye be.

//

Links:

New to /hou/ or want some updates? Add yourself into the roster if you haven't already.
> docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g8SQlAr_V43jeOt92yPrh0GXDmMcI2SYGbm3xP-XJkM/edit#gid=0

Missed out on the meet? Check out the pictures then.
> dropbox.com/sh/9kqqo9iawlhqq0h/AADG1-wnZGAv22PqzoB4zZX4a?dl=0

Make sure you download the app "Zello" and join the H/o/u group.

This is our form of communication when on the road, it's a walkie talkie app for iPhone and Android.
> zello.com/channels/k/enuwI

//

Now onto the news. Tonight!

· The gang gets approached by a prostitute.

· Rain, rain won't go away.

· /hou/ shirts and hats may come into the fold.

· We discuss the possibility of a collective, central /hou/ garage location for wrenching and detailing.

· Kartfag and SC model the Waseinburgerring in Assetto Corsa.

· We look at 4 potential community project vehicles:

>rape van for tools, poorfag crew, pit stops, on-the-go refueling, and broadside murals
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5638191108.html

>$500 SC400
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5635376986.html

>$700 Ford Galaxie - needs tires and carb work
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5617320857.html

>$500 S12
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5600057864.html

· We consider making the Waseinburgerring a regular event with timers at stage points to develop a point-to-point rally leaderboard.

· Dagumi uploads footage of the Waseinburgerring cruise: mega.nz/#!lNlklaob!Scjp51mdPmgy-7UdC7b6H7GHMUg6xQKFE-z8UXfDxgU

· We plan on attending Cars and Coffee this coming Saturday at Vintage Park.

· We consider starting statewide Race Wars with Austin and Dallas.

· We get even more sophisticated and organized.

· Everybody's going to make it.

//

Previously, on AMC's Breaking Hou:

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/search/username/BrosephTX/start/2016-01-01/end/2016-02-01/page/4/
ebay.com/itm/like/351551126512?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_ref=http%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F1%2F711-117182-37290-0%2F2%3Fmtid%3D1588%26kwid%3D1%26crlp%3D53601919689_324272%26itemid%3D351551126512%26targetid%3D186358892409%26rpc%3D0.11%26rpc_upld_id%3D72405%26device%3Dm%26mpre%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.com%252Fulk%252Fitm%252Flike%252F351551126512%253Flpid%253D82%2526chn%253Dps%26adtype%3Dpla%26googleloc%3D9027848%26poi%3D9027599%26campaignid%3D239125209%26adgroupid%3D14978428809%26rlsatarget%3Dpla-186358892409%26gclid%3DCj0KEQjwwMi7BRDGptbvwOCDj8oBEiQAIALyDA-9f4dfIpRo3OUk4VsItRK7kJ7bNuM7ACGxqA8cFSMaAn-S8P8HAQ%26srcrot%3D711-117182-37290-0%26rvr_id%3D1054015711696&ul_noapp=true
pevly.com/sjcam-sj-scam-difference-real-fake-camera/
amazon.com/SJCAM-Original-Version-Waterproof-Batteries/dp/B00VFVUAMQ
m.ebay.com/itm/WiFi-Ultra-4K-HD-1080P-Waterproof-SJ4000-Sport-DV-Action-Camera-Camcorder-O6L8-/141996321341?nav=SEARCH
mega.nz/#!8BFUGARY!VgE0y3pXeWNh4m0gG2unAKhSlfem9HnoWPlUTRtsXV8
mega.nz/#!lEFlSKjI!vDrtkOJLg0u_a-z7XxeIsjgFHXpjtUrKhRYOdsSRCDQ
dropbox.com/s/g4fhlz9nwfx281x/Beat of the Setting Sun.mp4?dl=0
i.imgur.com/8ZtRAx0.jpg
houstoncoffeecars.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OP, please use this pic.

Nice OP, good stuff.Keep it up, proud of you.

mfw I order the tuna

Best edit.

New members:

this isnt a private club, but simply an autistic gathering wherein we congregate in person and on this board to discuss autos, drive our cars to the limit and beyond (ask dagumi) and from time to time cobsole each other on personal issues.

There is somebody to get along with at any of these meets because our demographic is so eclectic. We got hipsters, bros, family guys, partyhards, animu and vidya bros, someone of every type in our crew

Ok now we got that out of the way, we need to bring that t shirt back up, a pic was posted in the previous thread. It was looking good but im not opposed to a whataburgerring outline around the come and take it

(Newfags: whataburgerring is a creatively drawn route that is located near montgomery that encompasses 2 high speed forest route runs in a~250 mile round trip, and a nice high speed county road in between those two routes)

More stickers will be made an ill try to have them before the next meet

N E X T M E E T

suggested: a friday day meet where we can run the legendary circuit of the dagumi in livingston
legend has it that dagumi himself has wiped out on this course

we could do the whataburgerring again in full confidence during the daytime, since we have officially been there as a crew.

we could cruise but that seems boring af. Obviously we are in this crew because we DRIVE.

We are always open to suggestions. I am just waiting for the poll guy to show up and do his thing after we have had an adequate amount of discussions

I was gonna op but my shit plus some copypasta was too long

>old thread hits bump limit
>discussion explodes
>new thread is made
>discussion halts

oh /hou/, never change

keep posting these, it makes it really easy to make it the next op because Veeky Forums allows duplicate files

I've said it twice, I'll say it thrice, discussion always seems to ramp up when we have less than 50 replies to the bump limit.

>circuit of the dagumi in livingston

Circuit of the Dagumi is in Brookshire. Even though Livingston is where Dagumi crashed.

I motion to renaming the original, first meet route to Brazos, or Brazzers, to avoid confusion.

Please delete your post

But he's right. Circuit of Dagumi is out on the Brazos River, not Lake Livingston.

I'd recommend deleting yours.

Your new is showing. It's even in the spreadsheet in the OP.

Nice try young un but the circuit was in this area

This was always the circuit of dagumis. I saved it and it had that filename

Why isnt it called circuit of the dagumis if he crashed there? And why is this place i never heard of before now the circuit of the dagumis

January 2016:

archive.4plebs.org/o/search/username/BrosephTX/start/2016-01-01/end/2016-02-01/page/4/

It's the first meet, click the spreadsheet in the OP.

Because he didn't become Dagumi until after he crashed and got a Corolla. He was Civicanon before then.

It's been mentioned several times before, you weren't at the first meet.

Pic related: first meet at Brazos. Can't find the original pic, but this one when a Dallas user was asking which one Dagumi was.

Wow our first meet was in january and our second one was may? We're certainly doing better in meet frequency

Hey focusst what brand and model is your dashcam i like the quality

I've finished modelling the first 18 miles of the Waseinburgerring. Going to try to get SC to test it out and maybe post a short video of him running it or something

this is gonna get nice and autistic

I might even buy this ac game and a used wheel

Link it if you can. I've been playing AC since pre1.0 so I'm pretty fast

Well, it wont be as exciting until there I figure out the best way to duplicate the elevation changes, as it seems there is a lot of that. My guess is that with the track being all the same height at first it will be mostly flat out or nearly flat out until then, as the down hill corners and crests will create braking zones and areas where you will need to lift naturally.

sj4000 wifi bought it on amazon ~$80, came with all accessories to mount it to everything, there are alternatives though like dazzne p2/p3
techmoan channel on youtube has good reviews

You'll need some pretty high quality 60fps dashcam footage to see elevation changes, areas where you can cut the corners, and areas where you can't.

Forgot name but that's me

Oh i just looked it up its like a gopro clone i was just thinking wtf because dag said you had a dashcam but he didnt say you had a go pro like camera

ebay.com/itm/like/351551126512?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_ref=http%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F1%2F711-117182-37290-0%2F2%3Fmtid%3D1588%26kwid%3D1%26crlp%3D53601919689_324272%26itemid%3D351551126512%26targetid%3D186358892409%26rpc%3D0.11%26rpc_upld_id%3D72405%26device%3Dm%26mpre%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.com%252Fulk%252Fitm%252Flike%252F351551126512%253Flpid%253D82%2526chn%253Dps%26adtype%3Dpla%26googleloc%3D9027848%26poi%3D9027599%26campaignid%3D239125209%26adgroupid%3D14978428809%26rlsatarget%3Dpla-186358892409%26gclid%3DCj0KEQjwwMi7BRDGptbvwOCDj8oBEiQAIALyDA-9f4dfIpRo3OUk4VsItRK7kJ7bNuM7ACGxqA8cFSMaAn-S8P8HAQ%26srcrot%3D711-117182-37290-0%26rvr_id%3D1054015711696&ul_noapp=true

focusst awesome quality camera for literally 29 dollars

>that link

tinyurl son goddamn.

that is probably a knock off. I wouldn't buy one less than $50
yes the chinese actually are making knock offs of knock off go pros
pevly.com/sjcam-sj-scam-difference-real-fake-camera/

amazon.com/SJCAM-Original-Version-Waterproof-Batteries/dp/B00VFVUAMQ

m.ebay.com/itm/WiFi-Ultra-4K-HD-1080P-Waterproof-SJ4000-Sport-DV-Action-Camera-Camcorder-O6L8-/141996321341?nav=SEARCH

I think ill go with this one its not located in china to take 3 weeks for a camera arrival

Ok cool. I have seen one ebay advert saying this is a mini version of the sj4000 camera. Not a real one

Well I have to wait for SC to set it up and stuff in the AC editor, I dont have the game yet because I'm waiting to see if it will go down in price by the 4th, which is when the steam summer sale ends, and if it is still 22.50 then I'm gonna pick it up at that time. Until then, I am relying on SC's knowledge and expertise!

I was planning on just running Google Street view and any videos we gather side-by-side and just eye-ball it desu. It is never going to be 100% accurate without a laser scan, so if we can get even close then thats fine with me.

Also, I forgot to mention that I got my GoPro up and working again (it had been damaged, or somehow messed up in a pretty heavy karting accident ages ago). I'm trying to figure out how long the battery will last at 1080p/60fps, I think like 50 minutes, but I cant record for that long since I dont have a big enough SD card. The one I have is only 16GB but I think I need at least a 32-64GB SD card to get high quality video of the entire route. If I do somehow get what I need to film the entire drive, I was going to wear it on the side of my racing helmet for that 1PV bad assery.

How many times do I have to tell you fools to stop posting that version?

This is the circuit.

They'll never learn. This is the curse of /hou/

>gs posts a hundred times a thread
>literally doesn't know the first thing (first meet) about /hou/ or reads the OP

Such is /hou/.

Fuuuugggggggg

How much is that going to cost to fix?

2/4 - Return trip.

mega.nz/#!8BFUGARY!VgE0y3pXeWNh4m0gG2unAKhSlfem9HnoWPlUTRtsXV8

Posting for the sake of posting so when I delete it I'll have at least shared it in case anyone is interested.

4/4 - A Challenger appears.

mega.nz/#!lEFlSKjI!vDrtkOJLg0u_a-z7XxeIsjgFHXpjtUrKhRYOdsSRCDQ

Honestly don't know why I was including the third one, so I'm skipping it. This happened moments after GS and I split. Video may not do it justice.

Narrowed down my search for cars to the GMC Canyon.

Gonna probably buy it after I'm done with the surgeries since doctors said I'm gonna have severe nerve damage. So I'll just enjoy the money until I can use it.

Went to the doctor this morning, expects that I'd be able to get back on the road late this year or early next year. Until then my mommy is going to have to drive me around.

Fug, I just want to drive and meet you nerds.

who has time for that shit nerd?

One factual error about irrelevant remote country roads, info is availabke if you open that google drive sheet and scroll all the way to the right, which i couldnt view that far with my old crappy phone, thanks for ignoring everything else in that post i wrote.

And i can post a hundred times a day if i want, im at work when i do so and it is at my leisure, im sorry you do not live like that. It just garners attention upon our crew by bumping it to the top, which we need

Btw new toy for the gs

At this point there's so much hype to you showing up we may as well hold the meet that you're able to attend in your honor.

>who has time for that
>i can post a hundred times a day if i want

???

>hyped
>for a fat autist who is literally butthurt
I've been stuck in my apartment so long, I haven't met anybody around here. You'd be the first guys I've met besides mutual friends since I moved back.

When you say here, do you mean Houston? How long have you been here?

Yeah Houston. Moved back here from Florida/New Orleans (lived back and forth between the two) in September. Been stuck in the house since.

did you not see why i couldnt read the post?

The stockers

You gotta make the run yourself to get the real feel for it. It's the only way.

desu the stock one looks better.

Where is part 3 m8?

>Honestly don't know why I was including the third one, so I'm skipping it.

Why is YouTube recommending me this shit

Been spending too much time on the FR-S modding channels m8.

>D is for Dinosaur
>D is for Driving
kek, there's your answer.

Here's the video of Dagumi against the challenger, it's now in the hwat dropbox:

dropbox.com/s/g4fhlz9nwfx281x/Beat of the Setting Sun.mp4?dl=0

Well yeah I'm going to do the run eventually. I wont be going ultra fast though, I am a cruise-cuck due to being poor as fuck and not being able to afford a speeding ticket. I might push the car through some of the tight twisty bits, but the high speed stuff I'll leave to the others.

Beautiful edits, m8. Awesome title, too.

Thanks m8

Fair enough but
>imblying some Crown Vic or Charger is going to be able to catch up to much of anything on the twisties
>imblying you won't be fine as long as you're not the last person in the group

Everyone has their own pace man, I dont complain when people do 140+, so I just expect people not to complain if I decide to obey the law, I dont think that's unreasonable.

anyone want to go halfs on the sc?

Yeah sure we'll alternate weeks with it

Who is this? Send invite on zello

Kartfag and I have been working on this Waseinburgring track for Assetto Corsa, it's in the early stages and tons of things need to be made to it. It's a nice project to work on and makes you learn a few new things. So far only 20% or so of the track has been done, so we still got a long way to go. Most of the modeling and such is done by Kartfag, so credit goes to him, I'm just here for testing and modifying a few things. It looks like shit right now because we are just working on the layout, to make sure the basics are as accurate as it can be. The proper textures will be added later on, I'm working on a texture that looks as close as the real one. Also, the SC400 in this video is wobbly because that's a mod I'm still working on which hopefully will be done soon. This is a long project and quite a lot of man hours need to be put in, especially for testing. Honestly, it's fun doing this and doesn't really matter if it doesn't get "big", it's mostly just a learning experience for us since we are quite new to this. As for the track, the walls and textures are there just to have a sense of speed or else you will fall off the track and stay in the air for eternity. First we have to get the modeling done, then set the elevation, then add objects, then add textures and finally do testing. At least that's the plan so far. Will keep y'all updated on that.

Also, I can't webm for shit, no idea what I'm doing, so sorry for shit quality. For the full video and better quality check it out on Dropbox, will be in the folder Waseinburgring. Also for those who already have AC, I have uploaded the track files so you can test it yourself. All you have to do is copy the folder and past it into /content/tracks/

Looking good guys, keep it up. I'll probably buy that game tomorrow. On another note, the Tahoe already had a remote start installed at one point. Had to remove that wiring first and then I got rained out. Gonna finish it today.

I was just being facetious. No judgement here, brah.

i drive

btw this is tacoma
im off this weekend and seriously considering dropping stupid cash and getting that s2k

i feel like a total faggot cuz the one im looking at is black on black

would that make me and logan BFFs or arch enemies?

That's what the cruiser group is for, bro.

Yes it will make you Butt Fuck Friends.

Don't do an impulse buy but if you really feel you want THAT specific car.. then go for it.

Hey UH fags, did you check out houston-streets's calendar? It says something about Cafe 101 UH. When the hell did this start?

Thanks man! Can't wait to play with everyone and race around together online when theres not a meet.

All good, and yeah I know that's what its there for. I am going to be part of that group lol.

-----

Also, can I have any volunteers for stitching together some satellite images for the course? I have finished stitching 120 out of 538. These 120 images are stitched into 9 large segments (its unreasonable to try to make them all fit inside the same image). Each of these segments takes about 30 minutes to an hour to complete, and I estimate that I need about 35-45 segments.

So far I have 9 of those segments that have been completed entirely by myself.

However, if everyone would volunteer to stitch like say 10 images together, we could have the entire map stitched together very quickly.

If not, I'll try to do them all myself it will just take a while and be a pain in the ass.

lol it feels lame getting such a similar car but i really dig them

yeah im kinda nervous cuz its a big decision and a lot of money but fuck i really want it

if its still there and they take my offer ill probably get it this weekend

if its gone ill be looking for a similar one but most i have seen are super far away

What day are you gonna go? I might just tag along if that's alright.

Yall can give each other bro jobs

@GS @Dagumi

this is the tire thing I was telling you guys about. I think its a defect :(

i.imgur.com/NKcrMPC.jpg
i.imgur.com/8ZtRAx0.jpg

Count me in. We can go thirds.

I'm mad jelly.

t. poorfag

New tarbo.. The one it replaced was a 4 month old o reilly unit. In goes another one, well see how long this one lasts

Going to need people to go with me to the Galaxie and SC as well.

Damn, activity really died the fuck off after the last thread, we were going 300 posts/day for a while there.

I'll be down depending on the day.

>accessories belt commits Sudoku on 288
RIP power steering and AC

What car?

>Vintage Park

Who said Vintage Park, again?

houstoncoffeecars.com/

But it's not at Vintage Park anymore, it's at Memorial City Mall, so far I think it's me(SC400), E30 Very and Kartfag who are going.

I'm a maybe, depending on if i I feel like waking up that early or not.

Someone in the last thread said it was Vintage Park. Don't know who.

It actually says in the OP, which is incorrect. They don't do C&C in Vintage Park anymore. It was in the Woodlands before and now it's done at Memorial City Mall at 8:00am (First saturday of the month).

What are your dream cars, /hou/?

Maybe we can make it if we try.

Ferrari Testarossa 512TR

That tail-light will probably cost more than a decent SC :(

I have absolutely no clue how to stitch images or I would help. All I do on my computer is watch movies, play games and browse the Internet. Kinda ironic since I built the damn thing.

Change that tire asap. Sidewall is breaking apart.

Thread dies pretty hard during the day. Guess everyone is at work or sleeping lol