Need a car

>A to B
>Somewhat fun to drive
>Preferably good mpg
>Preferably 4+ door
>reliable
>Cheap, under 10k, will by my first car
Not sure on whether to get manual or automatic yet. I'll probably just take the best car for the price and not focus on manual vs auto.

>Somewhat fun
>Not sure on whether to get manual or automatic yet
Manual. If you enjoy driving at all you won't get back to automatic after driving a manual.

C I V I C
I
V
I
C

Make sure it's manual too, Honda automatic trannys are trash.

What year would you recommend? My main concern with buying anything more than 6 years old is reliability.
Will a manual make any car somewhat fun?

try the 2016 Read Sticky

You can find an eighth gen Si for under $10k. Any Civic from the past 10 years will be rock-solid unless the owner intentionally treated it like shit.

>What year would you recommend? My main concern with buying anything more than 6 years old is reliability.
In my opinion the last good Civic was the 2005 model; afterwards they got pigfat, numb and shit interiors. That generation is pretty fucking reliable and cheap to run/fix.
>Will a manual make any car somewhat fun?
Well, it'll be more fun than the automatic if nothing else.

>Shitposting about people talking about cars when 90% of threads up are circlejerks and blatant shitposting
Christ this board is going to crap. Sticky is an unhelpful piece of shit that at best provides less-than-accurate, brief information. You should not be basing a whole car purchase off it.

>In my opinion the last good Civic was the 2005 model
Also the value of my current cars add up to over 30k before some retard who bought a new Civic goes "HURR DURR BUSRIDER/POORFAG"

>heeyy guise wich kar iz gud???

no lad you're the cancer

This. You should be shitposting about buttmad GM fangirls instead.

>Lazy poster
>ignores sticky
>wants other people to do work for him for free
>doesn't understand when people are rude to him
>doesn't understand when he gets bad advice

OP has 10k and sticky only covers under 5k

Get a used Miata. You can get one for under $10k.

Honda Civic
Toyota Corolla
Subaru, just Subaru
Ford's economy cars, Focus or if you get lucky a Fiesta
Geo Tracker, Prizm, Metro [you could probably buy all three with a 10k budget]
manual is always better than auto, especially when you're buying used

don't buy jeep, fanboys will tell you they're reliable but they're not, jeeps constantly top lists for worst/least reliable cars multiple times a list for many many years in a row with varieties of problems that all add up to "I now have a rolling shed if I push it just right"
don't buy the chevy aveo, prone to electrical problems and gets oddly poor gas mileage for a car that small, driving style and aero mods have negligible affects according to hypermiling forums
don't buy any full sized american made sedans, they all have varying problems but they are universally as reliable as a swiss cheese canoe
don't buy VW, they use archaic tech in their cars and even though the vast majority are reliable the ones that do shit the bed, break and break bad and you'll be looking for someone called "technician" instead of "mechanic"

2013ish Focus SE with a 5spd manual. Some of the more refined handling/ride balances in the segment, with a strong 2.0L 160hp motor. Rear seat space is kind of tight, but it will still fit people in a pinch. Resale isn't Civic strong, and 5spds are lot poison to most dealers so I would think you should be able to get a good deal.

Well said the sticky is a good starting reference and so is the guide to buying a used car but it looks like it was made in 2005.
Imo newer accords look nice or a wrx is what I'm looking for but it's pretty hard to find a reliable looking used one, Period.. you could buy a decent 4 door tacoma but they come only in automatic.

>People talking about cars
>You're shitposting about things you clearly know nothing about
As I said, you're the cancer ruining this board.

>Will a manual make any car somewhat fun?
Yes. Driving an underpowered manual is really fun. You can actually give it a good amount of RPM without doing anything illegal. With a somewhat powerful car, you can't really open it up often if you don't want to get done for speeding.

Thanks man, really liking the look of the hatch.

mazda

>Mazda 3 or Mazda 6
>VERY GOOD Mpg
>Comfortable, Mazda 6 Touring trim is beautiful
>Reliable
>Good power from the 2.3L in both cars
>Sporty Suspension, especially in the Mazda 6. Comfortable, but the Multilink rear suspensions really show their performance on twists.
>Manumatic if you want to rev out the automatics, but Mazda manuals are always daily drivable and easy. I learned manual on a Mazdaspeed 6 after I gave away the Mazda 6 to a brother.

I'd reccomend the Mazda 3 hatch if you want the most out of your money. Sporty econoboxes

MAZDA 3
A
Z
D
A

I have yet to see an automatic car that is fun. Maybe the 100k ones

gay

With 11k I bought an 09' G37x. Is this worth it or did I fuck up?