Reduced car note?

what would be the best way to get my car payment lowered? besides taking the bus

Other urls found in this thread:

capitalone.com/auto-financing/calculators/
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/14228818/#q14228818
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Purchasing within your means

Give us a little more info. Do you finance, lease? Do you want to keep this car?

>I shouldn't have bought that meme BRZ, the thread

i did at the time, but that was also two years ago
i finance and id like to keep the car if possible, but wouldnt mind getting a similar suv but older

are you upside down? how much is the value of the car and how much do you still have to pay?

look into refinancing
capitalone.com/auto-financing/calculators/

>what would be the best way to get my car payment lowered? besides taking the bus

You provided no details so no one can determine what is good or not. That also depends on what kind of car. So, we have to assume the following:

1. You must keep the "car" or else you and all earthlings will die.

2. You must keep paying off loan payments and cannot ever stop or else you and all earthlings will die.

Because of those required criteria, the only choices are to get a better paying job, get another additional job, or turn off the car insurance after you tell them you will stop for half a year. If you are short of money, then you can park the car somewhere and occasionally idle it for 15 minutes after you roll it a few feet to make sure the tires are sitting on a new spot and the seals have moved to prevent future leaks. 15 minutes is needed in order to get the oil hot enough to drive off blowby gasoline and water vapors diluting the oil. If not, then the water in the oil will cause corrosion in your engine block. This will let you turn off your car insurance for a few months while you get your affairs in order. Of course, that means using the bus. You'll have to pay attention to keeping the battery charged up too or else it will sulfate and then your engine will not start.

You will be using the bus because of the required criteria.

By doing this to keep the car in working order, you can still have someone else who has a drivers licence and insurance drive you around if there is an emergency.

The above suggestion would or could be vastly different if OP had only provided details.

But that is why people should not buy a car outside their means (close to the financial edge).

Drive to the edge of a ghetto. Roll down your window and yell some shit at some local nigs. When they approach, get out and run away for your own safety. When you are safe, call the cops and tell them the facts. You have done nothing wrong (freedom of speech), and even the nig who steals your car can't claim they found it empty with the key in it. Insurance settles up with the bank.

>what would be the best way to get my car payment lowered? besides taking the bus

Is this car a mustang? Are you the one in this story about refinancing?

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/14228818/#q14228818

>Purchasing within your means

Longpost Guy said in one of his used car dealership story threads that:

QUOTE:
"It varies, because different people have different levels of overhead and outside expense, so what is responsible for one person might not be for someone else

"The best way to look at it is figure after you pay for everything you have to pay for in a month, (rent, bills, food, gas, insurance) how much surplus cash are you left with? Once you have that amount, don't use more than half of it for a car payment. If you have 500 dollars free at the end of each month, don't take a car payment for 250. If you have 1000 free, don't take more than 500"

>referring to a car loan as a note
Nigger detected.

my dealership said they couldnt refinance the loan but i will look into that link for capital one
my mistake, no i dont have to keep the car, i would just like to know my options at the dealership, whether its trading in my car to get an older one, etc.
thats an idea
my financial situation has changed since then so it was feasible then but not anymore

Be carful when trading into an older car. If you own more than the car is worth, you might end up paying a lot more for an older car than the said older car is worth. Plus, it probably will break more as well.

Personally, I owe about 21,000 on a car that is worth about 14,000. I have looked into getting my payment lowered, but came to conclusion that i will just pay more off before i try anything else. Basically, if I trade into a car that is worth 8,000 I will be paying 13,000 and I kinda like my car.

so.

Save some money, a couple of grand. Talk to local credit union about refinancing. Apply money saved towards refinanced auto loan. Boom lowered payment. Stick to a local CU. Banks normally charge a higher apr.

>not downpaying the car such that you will never owe more than it's worth
top kike

Trading into an older car is generally not an option without money down. In your particular situation most reputable companies wouldnt touch 200% of book which is what you proposed with the 8 to 13 example.

Depending on amount owed OP should consider a new car with strong rebates. Rebates will eat up the negative, potentially lower your payment and bring you to a financable amount.

Ive worked in auto finance for years but would need more info to really help OP

OP I'm selling my more expensive new car and buying a $5000 shitbox. No point in refinancing and paying more money over a longer time for something you can't really afford.

BUT as someone already mentioned if you're upside-down on your loan, you're fucked for the most part.

161% sorry cant into math right now.

>buying "luxury" cars that depreciate over 50% value in 5 years

kinda related:

I bought a motorcycle, I like it, but I want to upgrade, i owe 7k on it, its worth 4.2k now, can I trade in my current one and merge the 2.8k leftover on the new motorcycle balance?

inb4 throwing money away

Haha all these faggots upside down on loans. Schlomo is laughing.

Do you have full coverage insurance? (commonly called collision)
If you do and happen to hit an animal it is considered a no fault accident.
And if that animal ran off after you hit it there wont be much evidence of that would there?
Even a graze from a deer could cause you to drop your bike.
That would be a shame.......

Forgot to say I really wouldnt hit a Deer if you didnt have GAP insurance.

y-yeah i do but insurance only covers what the bike is worth right? if i owe more than what its worth will insurance pay off the rest too? ( i bought it brand new )

Did you get GAP insurance? It usually cost like 100-300 dollars when you buy the vehicle or you have to buy it from your lender (if they are different).
Check your contract it will state if you did as EVERY dealer offers it.

Sorry i forgot to explain what that is. GAP insurance will pay off what ever is left on your loan in the case of a total loss of the vehicle.

i did not get it according to my bill of sale

>i did at the time, but that was also two years ago
Did you lose your job?

Poor baby, did the man stop you from making car payments?

i owe about 11k, and looking at kelley the 2007 rav4 is worth 9k

what is your car actual worth? If your financial stuff (credit score etc.) is in order you maybe able to trade with whatever difference added to that 9k.

That purely depends on you financial abilities. Do you have good job? Is your credit score good? They check all that when you go to a dealership and usually tell you right away if you can trade.