/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, August 30th:
1056 – After a sudden illness a few days previously, Byzantine Empress Theodora dies childless, thus ending the Macedonian dynasty.
1218 – Al-Kamil becomes Sultan of Egypt, Syria and northern Mesopotamia on the death of his father Al-Adil I.
1314 – King Håkon V Magnusson moves the capital of Norway from Bergen to Oslo.
1422 – King Henry V of England dies of dysentery while in France. His son, Henry VI becomes King of England at the age of 9 months
1969 - me mum was born lads wish her happy birthday

>News
EU4 Rights of Man DLC announced

EU4 DD18/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-18th-of-august-2016.963425/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!IkNwBRKR!WI_JYByFpRFzXLx3d1uD2A

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4]Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.5 - 29/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V8
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/muslim-and-pagan-playable-female-inheritance-for-2-1beta.464241/
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-21-a-glimmer-of-hope.965862/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

does HPM make it harder to blob (the only reason to play GS)

Nope.

It makes blobbing into China harder.

>implying
All you need is naval logistics.

oh then we could tell anyone who bad mouths it to shut the fuck up

Kill yourself R&I.

Yes, Reaper's Due made Crusader Kings 2 great again.

You still need to get that tech though.

This thread has an even more ebin R&I though.

Yeah, but it's not exactly hard.

How does one blob into china? I've always been scared off by their military.

It looks big but it's weak as fuck, it can't stand any sustained pressure.

They have shit military tech and units, just slaughter as many of them as you can and most of the time you'll be able to get enough warscore from battles alone.

>the R&I thread got axed

thank you based moderators

This might be a problem.

>I will NEVER understand the R&I meme

>"white" russia
Top kek.

>the one with the correct "This day in history" got deleted

Probably was mass reported

>august 30th
why can't shitposters shitpost right?

What's wrong with this one?
>1056 – After a sudden illness a few days previously, Byzantine Empress Theodora dies childless, thus ending the Macedonian dynasty.
>1218 – Al-Kamil becomes Sultan of Egypt, Syria and northern Mesopotamia on the death of his father Al-Adil I.
>1314 – King Håkon V Magnusson moves the capital of Norway from Bergen to Oslo.
>1422 – King Henry V of England dies of dysentery while in France. His son, Henry VI becomes King of England at the age of 9 months
>1969 - me mum was born lads wish her happy birthday
All these events did happen, on this day in history?

they have no military tech and they only use irregulars so long as they are uncivilized.

In vanilla i would annex Korea, which is always allied to China, and then beat Chinese stacks as they marched into the north Korean border. Kill massive amounts of Chinese brigades and you get enough war score to take his most populous state without even needing to occupy him.

A good 20 brigades with good tech can defeat those stacks.

It's even funnier when you consider the fact that they came from the East of the Urals.

This one is August 30th, the other one was updated to August 31st.

No it cant

leds pls recommend any good CK1 mods

This is August 31st, I just forgot to change the date.

Since NWO is a bit.. odd to play is there even any good modern day Victoria 2 mods? Is Vicky's version of Kiaserreich any good?

Also, reasons why PDM is bad, it's kinda fun for me I guess.

THEY ARE TRYING TO SUPRESS THE TRUTH. THIS ISN'T THE REAL THREAD. DON'T FALL FOR HIS LIES.

>PDM
>Horse Factories

>1969 - me mum was born lads wish her happy birthday
Other thread was also made earlier but who cares honestly, this thread drama is stupid as hell

In vanilla or HPM? For HPM you can read this in his pastebin but it's not worth it really

It's true though, lad. She's 47.

Oh, fair enough.

Well, alright that's weird but that can't be it, I've heard something about hyperinflation.

Do I still have enough time to become GP?

PDM introduces new factory types that the AI doesn't handle too well.

Mass unemployment on day 1 is typical too, and the economy needs several years to stabilize.

Industry is general a real pain to maintain because there's far too much overproduction since many shit-tier RGOs in Asia will end up having mass unemployment later on because no one demands the goods they produce, and since these large pops don't get any money, they can't but your industrial products and everyone suffers.

Like I said, there's far, FAR too many garbage RGOs in PDM.

It's inferior to HPM in every aspect.

>Only 76 industrial score in 1890 with nearly 4M pops

You're a fucking joke.

>hyperinflation.
This was fixed in Divide by Zero AFAIK. PDM itself isn't updated to 3.04 anyway, if you want to try PDM play Divide by Zero or Divergences(or whatever it was called)

SA is getting properly YANKED. Basically every province outside of the Northeast is under 50k pops though

If you do not reply a CK1 mod to this post your mother will die in her sleep tonight

I just want to kill China. FUCK.

I was sorta upgrading my factories.
I probably should build more.

>Northeast
Brazilian Northeast? What's the most populous province in there?
Also, how?

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/muslim-and-pagan-playable-female-inheritance-for-2-1beta.464241/

I'm having a lot of fun with Voltaire's Nightmare so far. Learned quite a bit about German history, which is something I knew next to nothing about. I wish the entire map was at this level of detail.

What are fun countries, or countries with a lot of flavour events to play in that mod ? So far I did a Brandenburg game to get a feel of a the mod, and then a Harlingerland -> Magna Frisia game, at first mostly because the flag is cool.

>Horse doctors got a little better
Glad to see that this is how Paradox spends its precious time and resources
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-21-a-glimmer-of-hope.965862/

I wanted to see what happens if you're the only country in the New World. I conquered everything legit, then I made a decision to remove all non-accepted pops

The Northeast USA I meant

That's normal you dense nigger, I'm 21 and my mom is 48.

>he thinks 28 is young to have children
*tips birth defects

>i-i was jus' memin'!

I'm unironically older than the majority of Veeky Forums.

Isn't it time you progressed to Reddit?

my mum had me when she was 40 years old, am I a mistake?

>+1.00% population growth
>900k pops a month
I don't get it

>1073 start, the map is from 1174
>catholic cumania
>seljuks fractured, now persia is ruled by abbasids
>some zoroastrian persian adventurer conquers khiva from steppe turks
>nestorian steppechinks pulling off a genghis khan v0.1 (beta) and conquering ghaznavids, then splitting into 2 khaganates (purple and light green)
>dhunnunids usurped castille, own half of iberia for 70 years alongside almoravids, who get later crusaded and given to scottish king
>poland getting rekt by pruthenians but for some reason they control two counties in ruthenia
>hre expanding into tunis

wat

But if I went to r*ddit, everyone would unironically be more retarded than me.

>my mum is 47
>that makes him 7
>he just admitted to being underage
boy u gon learn today

+1% pop growth is a whole fucking lot.

>American reading comprehension

>the asterik meme
I miss it, why did you stop doing it you fucking K*rd?

Late happy birthday to last thread OP's Mum.

Somebody post that image of that user's mum sleeping with liquor and a German helmet

Fugg. My dyslexia memes me again.

My mother died a few months ago after years of illness. Cherish every moment you spend with her, user.

It's today, see: Thanks lad, I would tell her but then she'd ask me what Veeky Forums is and I don't know how to answer that without her calling the police.

OK I switched the ruling party to one that endorses free trade and state capitalism. Then I continued encouraging capitalists in my high-population provinces. Then I lowered tariffs. Then I reduced taxes on the rich as much as possible.

And now more factories are being built by capitalists. Is there something more optimal I could be doing to facilitate factory construction instead of doing it myself?

Yes, change to Laissez Faire

Fucking wew. I hope you're bearing up.

Shouldn't have installed Reaper's Due

Yeah. I guess what I'm thinking it does is different from it's actual effect
I changed it to .001 and from "global_population_growth" to "population_growth" and it's slowed down considerably

I'm thinking I'll turn it off once there's a decent population in South America

been on holiday for 3 weeks, do we talk about gs games now or is it still drama and shitposting?

What's that for btw

What do you think?

>conquered everything legit
>conquered entire new world before 1875
>8 infamy

hha lickour xDxD

>he says as he posts drama and shitposting

Don't even know why I asked to be honest the answer will never change

Where has R&I gone?

>>everysinglepost
In what game?

It's just a joke game I'm doing

I did conquer the new world legit, but I lowered the infamy. It got to the point where the "USA stands triumphant" event wouldn't lower my infamy to 24.99

You literally can't conquer that much that fast, you're limited by war goals per war and truce timers. Why even bother lying about cheating when you did a custom event to make it a meme campaign?

Mods finally realized he is a shitposter so they started deleting his threads and posts.

What happened to Chinapro?

Did they realise this for a particular reason?

How is someone telling you to report shitposters a shitposter?

You literally can if you powergame it right. You can annex Brazil in like 4 wars. You can also annex states from your enemy's ally during a war, even if you have a truce with them

My point is that I didn't start with all of the provinces or changeowner anything. Like you said, it doesn't really matter anyway, it's just what I did

I don't know, I guess the archive fiasco and the /qa/ threads helped a lot.
He has total control over the OP and thinks everything is a conspiracy. Should I just use the word crazy instead of shitposter then?

>He has total control over the OP
Clearly not, if the janny banned him.

>and thinks everything is a conspiracy.
I mean, there are about three groups, Turk's steamgroup, Radyugo and discord that raid here, it's not like he's jumping at shadows.

>Should I just use the word crazy instead of shitposter then?
How is wanting to stop shitposting crazy?

>/qa/ threads
Link please? Or at least sum them up

He was freaking out if anyone posted anything he didn't like. I'm not part of any shitposting group, but he refused to believe that because I made a post about liquor or something

He's the conspiracy loony user, he believes he can tell what some anonymous poster thinks
Just ignore his drama

I dunno, last night someone made a perfectly normal new thread, and thirty minutes later this guy shows up, makes a duplicate thread, and says "this is the real one, the other thread is now the designated shitposting thread," and somehow convinces a bunch of people to shit the older thread up until it got deleted.

I have no idea who any of these people, steam groups, etc., are, but it seems like that kind of shitty drama has absolutely no point and should rightly be banned outright.

From an outside perspective, it sure looked like he was throwing a tantrum because he didn't get to post the OP himself, even though the one he posted was identical.

Why is that kind of shit still not fixed?

I'm refering to what happened with DH, literally everyone but him wanted it back in the infopic yet he thought its just another steamgruppe conspiracy and refused to do it for weeks.

I remember seeing an edit of that fit bread comic about HPM and gsg, did someone save it? Can you post it thank you

I thought they specifically fixed that in the last update.

You're being too obvious, R&I.

Making threads too early just so you could have your message that literally serves no purpose is shitposting no matter how you slice it.

>wanting cancerous """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""humour"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

IT FEELS SO GOOOOD

>The heir to two of my vassals has married a third vassal.
Just revolt now.