2013 Audi S5

Convince me not to buy.

But here's the catch... You can't mention Volkswagen.

GO

Nose-heavy, understeering pig with numb steering and no driver feedback.
It's also hideously unreliable and overpriced.

>understeer
>pigfat
>wrong wheel drive.

Buying a first model year of anything is never a good idea.

>numb steering
Funny how Audi introduced a more dependable engine for 2013, but simultaneously found a way to make the steering even worse. Why?!

It's not really unreliable but the rest is correct. It has my favorite interior of any car but I still wouldn't really recommend it over an E90.

>understeering pig
You can get them with a rear-sport-differential which is supposed to help a bit. Kind of hard to find though. Most I see on the used market don't have it.

Though I certainly acknowledge BMW's superior driving dynamics, I've always preferred Audi's styling. S5 looks so sexy (especially pre-facelift)

Post-facelift E92 looks decent but I will concede the A5/S5 are beautiful, even if not comparing it to BMW. Hell even the new A5/S5s look pretty good but I can't stand the interior, just look at this shit, what happened?

>Hell even the new A5/S5s look pretty good

Is every new car going to have a fucking iPad on the dash?

If you can tell me what's wrong with this without using buzzwords please do.

Post a real pic for me to shit on. Looks like clipart.

The electronics are quite possibly the least reliable you can get in a car. Hopefully you're prepared for it to be in the shop every week; at least that makes it easy to want to dump when the warranty ends.

>The electronics are quite possibly the least reliable you can get in a car
Why is this such a common thing across German brands? What exactly do Japanese do to make their shit just work?

S5 is gross.

Get an S7.

>SO VE HAF TO BUILD ZIEES AUTO BETTEUH ZAN YAPAN JA?
>OKAY SO ZIESE PART HAS FIFE COMPONENTS? JETZT ES IST ZWANZIG
>zat vill show zem shtupit Amerikaner und Japanisch

tldr; more shit to go wrong

FF. Get the RS 5.

>S7
Why? Ain't got no kids!

>FF
Wrong.

I don't get this, my American cars are the ones that have had electronics problems. My a4 didn't and my 325 doesn't.

>FF
no

You also don't seem to get that anecdotal evidence doesn't mean anything.

You mean to imply that they make their shit a timebomb on purpose to milk cash from their affluent customer base?

They build the cars for the leasing market, they only have to last 3 years anyway. Leasing period's done, customer trades it in, and the car gets sold off, and after the warranty runs out everything fails.

Alright well maybe I guess my friends Audi and his r32 are also anecdotal. He's not had any electronic problems either. Something Audi and Volkswagen actually has a huge issue with is oil leaking from any and almost every seal. That's a problem I've dealt with many times.

Then someone who goes "oh wow that's cheap! I can have an Audi for that much!?" Buys it, neglects all the service intervals, and then it has some catastrophic failure. A guy I know said he knows a lady, who bought a used q7 with 99,xxx miles on it and she can barely afford the monthly payment. So obviously that thing will never get fixed.

So basically there's no realistic way for people of lesser means to ever enjoy a nice German luxury car without considerable financial stress... lol

Counter anecdote: my friend's mom had a 2012 Passat, which was so riddled with electrical issues that they tried to lemon law it, and while it was in the shop got a 2015 A4 loaner which had a critical electrical issue while they were borrowing it from the dealership, so they had to return the loaner for another loaner. That shit's unacceptable right there.

I can vouch for both. I know this guy who had an Audi with so many problems, he vowed to never buy Audi again. On the other hand, I have a family member who bought a Ford Fiesta back in 2011 and has had some odd issues since:
>wouldn't start multiple times and had to be towed
>failed door latches
>wonky DCT

Get the Lexus RC-F instead.

The grills on new Lexus models are fucking heinous.

Just saw a TV commercial for new Lexus RX. Immediately felt physically ill.

hello there grandpa

It's still the better car, nobody turns heads to look at an Audi either.

Oh, I didn't know that young people universally love the new Lexus styling. Good to know.

>It's still the better car
Only really in terms of reliability.

>nobody turns heads to look at an Audi
Lol... It's pretty widely accepted that the Audi S5 is a beautiful car.

I work at a luxury car dealership, they're pretty much considered the Camrys of "luxury" cars.

They're handsome but nothing special.

>S5
>Camrys of "luxury" cars

That doesn't even make sense. What would BMW 3-Series and Audi A4 be then?

>They're handsome but nothing special.
As much as you'd like to downplay, the S5 is a very good looking car and most people here would agree with me. I suppose the RC-F is your idea of "something special?"

Almost all of the negative reputation around German cars comes from anecdotal evidence. These companies introduced a lot of electronics early on and as early adopters they took a risk. That's just it. 80s and 90s German and Japanese cars are my favorite, and the only problem the electronics ever have are when you let problems build up. That creates imbalances in your cars electric systems and accelerate the degradation of everything hooked up to said system.

I've owned almost only German cars my entire life, grew up in Eastern Europe where German cars are incredibly popular, I've been surrounded by them for as long as I can remember, they're not that bad. Not noticeably worse than American cars. I guess having to take your car to the mechanic ten times during your ownership instead of six is a big deal to people that don't do basic work on their own car, but if you're a good owner and take care of your vehicle, your BMW/Audi/Mercedes will be as good to you as you are to it.

I'll just leave this here...

Because they decided to switch to electric power steering as a means of milking a few extra horsepower out of the engine, since going from the 4.2 V8 to the 3.0 Supercharged without any increase in power would have seemed like too much of a ripoff

Ugh. Looks like someone stepped on it

Why wouldn't they just design a new V8 that's dependable and actually has respectable power by modern standards? The car had way more personality pre-facelift...

Or like it's melting...

Such a shame because the interior is fucking gorgeous.

He bought a Ford, what did he expect?

Exactly.

Because Audi is owned by VW, who loves nothing more than to save money by sharing platforms and engines across multiple vehicles. The new S5's V6 is the same one in the A6, A7, Q7, etc. I'm also guessing that since it's a much simpler engine (have you ever seen a fucking picture of the 4.2? A madman must have assembled that thing), that Audi's bosses are much more receptive to using it in half their lineup

Could of had a v8.

I think also fuel economy. The 3.0 is an improvement in that respect. I'm sure though that they could get reasonable MPG's out of a V8 if they'd just drop that Quattro horseshit...

"But why don't you just make a proper RWD sports car, Audi? It'd be like a German muscle car!"
>cuz quattro is our thing mang
>donchya kno?

>could of

Lexus.

The worst possible angle, though :P
The shadow shows the photographer standing right in front of the car, with his camera held up way above his head.
From normal eye-height and lower, the RC-F looks bitchin'.

Anyhing other than a VW.

>convince me not to buy
>already convinced himself to buy it
Just buy the damn car and realize you fucked up later.

i don't know user

are you mature enough to enjoy the little amount of excitement audis bring?

there's no skids
there's no tailhappy fun

it's just a fast car

personally
im a child and i need my car to constantly remind me it wants to kill me, and its rear tires.

i don't know about you.

Somehow I think it'd look way better if they'd just connected the area between the main headlights and LED gimmick lights.

excuse my paint skillz

Hyundai

>R8

>Dude tells OP to get an RC F
>Shows the pleb version of the RC 200t/350 F-Sport

Don't cherrypick like an idiot, it only makes you autistic.

What difference does it make what's under the hood when they both essentially have the same hideous front-end?

Though the shitty Paint revision requires some use of the imagination, I really do think this would look better lol.