/arkg/ -Ark Survival Evolved General

BIG UPDATE TOMORROW EDITION

>We have our own public server:
steamcommunity.com/groups/aqualads#announcements/detail/977666780527697709

>Official FAQ:
steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/613957600545122958/

>Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/arkgeneral (ded?)

>Official Wiki:
ark.gamepedia.com/

>Official Website
survivetheark.com/

>Patch Notes:
steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594820656447032287/

>Play with /arkg/
Open Steam > View > Servers > Favorites > Add a server 69.162.117.210:27054

>Server Website
toparkservers.com/server/69.162.117.210:27054

Other urls found in this thread:

survivetheark.com/index.php?/articles.html/mysterious-mysteries-unravelled-r302/&page=4
arkservers.net/server/85.190.154.103:27015
kortal.org/smf/ark-main/tutorial-play-with-mods/
store.steampowered.com/app/512540/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Argents are better for PvP than pteras.

Hello friends join the new server on the op k thanks

Mosas > argent

>the good ol' days

You will be missed.

Post more pics of old Oceania.

I want to rebuild the obelisk.

I only have a few, but will post what I got.

Th for allos are such cuties

You got a pack of 80 yet?

im trying my best to keep increasing numbers fampai

So whos on the new serb

I am

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE

This is only true with speed Argents because they're less glitchy and easier to pick people up with.

All the lads who aren't too busy with college. Pop is low, but it was just made public. Give it 2 weeks we'll be at least 25 average and growing.

We must survive.

We should retake the 355 ob. We can suffer through the rates right?

>playing at default rates
Might as well kill yourself.

fug spinos where

THE "BIG SURPRISE™" IS GOING TO BE REVEALED TOMORROW AT 1PM EST

survivetheark.com/index.php?/articles.html/mysterious-mysteries-unravelled-r302/&page=4

Inb4 it's nothing.
Inb4 we have to wait a month before it comes to the center.

Could be worse, we could be playing Star Citizen and STILL WAITING FOR STAR MARINE.

fucking shit internet cucking me reeeeeeeeee

How long until they remove the Total Conversion restriction from Primitive+ and integrate it into the main game?

I want to play so badly just put me out of my misery

Ark Primal when, I want to be a spino so I can eat rafts and shit

And I want to be a spino too so I can eat you out

This better be good...

I'm hoping it will be desert, would be interesting.

hot 2bh

aqua bronto bump

You should get another female to get some more color diversity in there. Have a whole rainbow of Allos.

>tfw ark is all i have

>Racemixing qt Allos.

All Allos matter (actually none do fucking meme shits)

TAPEJARA IN UPDATE OR FUCKING RIOT

I WANT MY 2 SEAT MEME RREEE

Calm down, I am sure it will be in the update 2 months from now. :^)

NO TODAY FUCK OFFFFFFFFFF EEEEEEE

Sorry, looks like they confirmed that the Tapejara will be delayed at least 2 YEARS...

>inb4 some gay ass dragons

This isnt fucking Skyrim, I want dinos not fucking dragons holy shit KYS devs

K
Y
S

I know little about SM, but SC is looking promising. I visit the general from time to time.

Just watch, it'll be some new meme boss arena or a SotF boss/map.

Ayyy

GAS THE CHINKS
TRIBE RACE WARS NOW

GIMME GIMME TAPEJARA TENDIES RRRREEEEEE

>haven't posted on the site for months since back when we collectively gave up trying to keep /arkg/ up
>when I come back it's here again
>look at the archive
>I missed an entire massive summer of fun and now it's all dead again
Well, fuck.
So basically the Aqualads moved to this unoffi server, any highlights from your adventures there?

There's some video/Webms. We're still playing in the server in the OP, but it's pretty slow going for now.
Most will come back in the spring/summer again.

Also there hasn't been a thread in a couple weeks. this one was made to shill the new server.
Join us, nig.

>Also there hasn't been a thread in a couple weeks. this one was made to shill the new server.
I've noticed that
>Join us, nig.
Problem is my home computer is too low-spec to run Ark at what I'd consider decent resolution, so for the last year I've played the game once a week in LAN party at a friend of mine's who runs a private one with a cracked Steam account for just the two of us
That's nice and everything but needless to say it's quite different the game experience from a populated server, so I get my fix by living vicariously the true ARK experience™ by reading your adventures here

>joined an official PVP server
>tried to trade
>a tribe of 6 spanish people started around the same time and some other guy
>the guy gets to level 40 in a day
>the spanish people talk shit, but are pussies I end up in conflict with them
>roam around with only hidden worthless bases and no dinosaurs, nothing to lose, just like I want it
>the Spanish "big tribe" have lots to lose. They get mad when I fuck em up. Got at least 15 confirmed kills, without being captured :^)
>Chinese log on
>didn't realize they were there
>they fuck up the level 40 guy killing his base and everything he has with level 250 dinosaurs, gigas, everything
>manage to almost kill one of their level 240 pteras alone before they found me. Run away
>run to the Spanish tribe, they destroy that too
>now nobody left but me and the evil Chinese
going to need a new server

should have known though, there are ruins of bases everywhere on that server.

You could always join our server. It has a shit population for now but we just started advertising.

what do you do for fun though?

I'm not really into building everything for the same of having everything.
Do you have wars, risk?

Being able to gear up within 10 min to bows and bolas and do gorilla warfare against seriously better geared tribes that own dinosaurs is pretty fun though

Level 250 as in bred to perfection or just The Center? The Center (at least pre-expansion) never really striked me as a map with lots and lots of possible smart locations for bases because the resources nodes are more separated

It was a center map, never tried it before yesterday. It was on this server
arkservers.net/server/85.190.154.103:27015
OfficialPrimitivePlus1 PVP

Everyone were talking about how much they hated the Chinese there, because everyone got fucked

>he doesnt have top bred raptor packs inside his base to go ape shit on anyone breaking a wall open to get in

Man, shiet, you're right. That guy that got to level 40 in one day on an official server was pretty noob not thinking about that

I used to do this with scorpions. They make up for being slower by being less fragile, less glitchy and poison of course.
Guy on my old pvp server had a flock of absurdly bred compys that were an absolute murder machine but he spent literal weeks to get there

bump

News from the devs about today's patch:
>The update will be on time in American time zones.
>There is a stream going with a countdown presumably for PAX and/or the big reveal.
>Update won’t hit for sure before that timer runs out, just be patient.
From Steam's patches megathread page

Star Marine is the first person shooter game module for SC, it was supposed to come out a year ago...

>dead again
Trying to fix that, hence why we have our own server. It is public, so random people will join.

Well we will have events on the server once we start getting more people in, but it is a pvp server.

Define "events".

Who fucking cares, new dino and shit wont get on our map for another week anyway

fuck this

>implying it won't miss the timer like every single eta
At least it will be just how the devs want it, like the fishing rod which they kneejerk nerfed into oblivion.

Miss the timer by 3 days, I'll be mad
Miss the timer by 6 hours, it's fine by me
Of course this used to matter in the time of weekly patches, delays have 0 weight now that the patches are one month apart
I can only hope the BIG THING is at least a >new meme dino instead of a single new item

The power armor has been in the dev kit for ages, maybe the first part of tek tier is coming out.

Well can't really "define" something that hasn't been fully thought out. All I can say is that we are planning to do some.

What can events would you like to see?

I always thought if you could get a good supply of black pearls secured, Arthropluera could be funny for that kind of thing too. Two broths is the most you'd need to kibble-equivlent tame any Arthro, and they can actually have a solid HP if you invest a bit. Plus, the armor breaking is actually pretty useful, they tear through flak easier and faster than an actual turret does.

>good supply of black pearls
Good one mate
actually making the yield x5 or greater by an Ark Server Manager is the only way to go around this

>He doesn't kill Alpha Mosas for fun and sport.
Git gud. But really, its just one pearl per broth, so each sea scorp you kill is usually good for at least one, a few if you're on an enhanced rate server.

poorfag here, could someone upload bush people mod?

I don't understand this request to be frank

I'll try to fight the Chinese plague. More interesting then waiting for planned "events"

gl;hf

Bush People is a workshop mod that adds fightable bushmen NPCs to ark, by the sound of it he's living the pirate life and needs someone to upload the files somewhere for him since he can't get them from the workshop legitimately.

I know all that, what I don't get is precisely how is he needing the single cracked mod folder to be recognized by the server if by the looks of it he pirated the game in the first place
Also Nepnep a shit

Try this way fàm kortal.org/smf/ark-main/tutorial-play-with-mods/

What got announced in the ark stream?

T-40 seconds

Scorched Earth confirmed

>20 dollars

>20$ DLC on an unfinished game
GG devs
ANyway here's the stuff store.steampowered.com/app/512540/

>new resources
>put it in the spinoff title on a new map
Ebin

Wait, so this DLC is out but they want you to download it even if you don't buy it? Fuck, my SSD can't handle another billion gigabytes of shit I can't even use.

Yes :^)
Reason is added compatibility for Scorched Earth-only items so you can transfer those into vanilla Ark servers and viceversa, so Steam starts automatically

>paid dlc on an unfinished game

one more time to let it sink in

>paid dlc on an unfinished game

It looks like a massive update too, the effort and resources could have gone to finishing the game

Just like I said in another thread:

>they are making me download an 8.2gig patch of content I don't need because it's from a dlc I don't want to buy

All so the dlc buyers can stroll into the main game slapping their e-dicks on us shouting "LOOK AT MY DLC CONTENT!! LOOK AT IT!!!!!"

You can use the shit that gets brought back.

>Tapejara and Archae now delayed
>All we get is the Jewspansion and ceiling doors

fug

It IS fucked up, but in >current year it's honestly better to consider DLCs this large like almost a separate game unlike what DLCs used to be up to 5 years ago or so. When's the last time you saw a really huge and cheap-ish DLC for a popular game?

The main problems really are this and the 20 bucks, Wildcard had the right idea but executed it in the worst possible way

By who? Servers are a shitfest right now. Right now I'm only playing on a private server I set up for me and a few friends. All of us decided to vote with our wallets and not buy it.

One thing is certain though: Giving us all these resources, won't be long before a "dlc content on main game" mod pops up.

That's not what worries me. The fact is I paid for an early access game, so I expect my money to go into development of the game, not side projects.

Like people already said, you have all the rights to release a dlc, but not while the game is unfinished, and people are paying for it to be finished.

>The fact is I paid for an early access game, so I expect my money to go into development of the game, not side projects.
That's why I tried to say, say they made a free DLC with a limited map or even The Island but with all the new SE-exclusive resources because they want to introduce some of those in offi or some features, I'd be fine with that. I'd consider that part of early access, heck if anything the devs have been bad at actually developing EARLY ACCESS dynamics where rebalancing , branching the new content and frequent changes happen often.

This. It's only fair considering how much stuff the DLC incorporates that is badly copied from popular mods

The fact that the DEVS are playing on a server that's like x5 yield x10 exp and are dying every 5 minutes because they can't play for shit is 1. a bit embarassing 2. telling that the official settings are crap

the devs don't play this game. if they did it would actually have decent balance and bugfix updates.

I used to play a lot on official servers before I finally got sick of the settings. You spent 6 or more hours taming high level shit just to lose it in a 20 minute battle