Engine swap thread?

So what sort of engine swaps have you guys done/ are currently doing?

I'm currently trying to source an M52B25 to swap into my 316

took the n/a v6 out of my buddies z31 out and put in the turbo v6 from another z31. he didn't have the proper wiring so I had to custom make a lot of the wiring harness for him with diagrams I found online. I don't think he's getting enough boost so I think I fucked up something there, but it runs and he's driven it almost 10k Kms with no issues yet.

A renisis. It would be more reliable at least

took my buddy's NA z32 put a tt motor in it
when that motor turned out to be trash
we took the turbos and put them on his NA motor

high compression low boost
made over 405hp to the wheels

Mild 302 with a kenne bell on top into my 87 Colony Park. I've since picked up a junk 97 F250 with a nice running roller block 351 I'll probably build up instead.

I'm looking for a head for a ls/vywc swap.

*vtec
even my phones doesn't like this word.

planned to do the vg30dett swap to my na z32 but the "leading nissan datsun z" shop in northern california refused to do it

so i when and bought a hk usp and on the fence on about a honda grom or Kawasaki z125

decided to say fuck it and do a junkyard ls1 swap but the right way and just register it as a track or off road use only car.

>mfw they said NOOOPE

After managing to fit, connect and wire up the new motor, I would've felt a bit sad findin out it was trash.
Kudos to you guys for maintaining motorvation to swap the engines back.

Kinda want to rotary swap my beetle but the original aircooled design kinda sucks for placing a radiator anywhere.

And the not-so-shitty shitbox it's going in
Scored a almost new Lentech Street Terminator AOD for dirt cheap for it aswell.

Not to mention the million of others things it needs.

Engine swap is useless unless it's done between similar same production cars. And it completely ruin the car and its concept. Only low life trash would do it just to get the numbers on dyno

under the car?

or in the front with piping and an electric pump a la oil cooler? use an mini cooper koyorad

Stock height, it has the ground clearance for mounting stuff underneath but I'd probably lower it so the overall wing shape of the car wouldn't take effect at higher speeds and send me flying.

>overall wing shape of the car wouldn't take effect at higher speeds and send me flying
kek true the faster they go they more dangerous

on the roof/ back window with a air duct and electric fan

your already dropping a rotary go balls out lol

I'd kind of like a stock look, though it would probably be straight piped or have a minimal muffler for lack of space, giving it away by sound. On the roof is one place I haven't considered, could be good if disguised by a roof rack.

famalam used to have a 87 Country Squire, where did you source all the parts? I haven't found shit for them

swapped an 06 ninja 650r engine into my 08klr

What kind of parts? I can tell you all you need to know about box panthers, I own way too many.

suspension components
brakes
I'm assuming an AOD from a Mustang and any aftermarket versions would work with a box Panther

those mainly

did you document the build on ADV? If so I wanna check it out.
97 and up model year you need the keys, keyswitch w/EWS ring, EWS module and DME from the donor so don't forget that

Put a 400M in my 1968 galaxie.

Going to look at a 1976 lincoln tomorrow. It has a 460. Which will go into my 1977 maverick.

98-02 big brake swap is a direct swap, 92+ rear disc swap, you can do poly bushings, poly body mounts (what I'm doing in that pic), addco sway bars or PI sway bars, most AOD's will fit, Town Car, Mark VII and F150's have longer tail shaft housings and output shafts and will not work. The TV linkage and shift linkage usually have to be swapped but that's easy.

Or if you really want to step it up, 03+ frame swap. Will need frame mods for a wagon, but sedans are almost a near bolt on. It's what I'm doing to my 89 currently. Mods are endless on 03+. I've got a nice teksid block laying around just for this occasion.

well shit, give me some examples of what can be done with an 03+ frame, I haven't kept up with Panther's after the Box

No build thread yet. I really should do one.

Want to swap my 89 Silverado 283 with an rv sourced 454 bbc. It's not practical but it'll awesome

The options are endless. Multiple aftermarket control arms out back, addco sway bars front and rear, nice adjustable coil-overs out front, the aftermarket seems to somewhat pay attention to the 03+, probably for the Marauders.

>select all the eggs
kek

Put a 6.0 out of an 04 escalade in my 98 Trans am with some ls3 heads. Did it by myself in parts, took about 3 months taking my time.

Pic is mid head swap on the 6.0. I ran the stock truck heads for a bit because I like to see the sotp gains different mods do.