Your shiny new executive shitbox

"You've been doing great work for the past year, user. I think you deserve a promotion, but the shitbox has to go. Garage it, sell it, give it to your nephew, I don't care. I don't want to see it in this parking lot again.

Here's $70,000. Buy yourself something respectable."

What do you get, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/cto/5627871124.html
youtube.com/watch?v=XZkxJJrB9ZM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

70 twingos

A used silver Accord.

definitely not a corvette

A Ford Shelby GT350R.

kek, gm btfo

Is a lightly used Cayman S respectable?

If you pick a coupe you're a manchild.

only a manchild cares what other people think

a real man does whatever the fuck he wants

BMW M2

Spend the remaining $15,000 on a vacation.

I'm okay with that as long as I have my coup.

A mint Citroën sm

executive mean he wants something that looks professional and that sell success
so i go for an high end 4 door german sedan a porsche could be fine too coupé if you got a family and don't want the 4 doors

coupé*

koup*

>Infiniti
End yourself and your shit taste. you either buy a Jaguar, Merc, or Cadillac. Japs cant make luxury

>dem glasses tho

sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/cto/5627871124.html

This will do if I get to keep the rest.
Maybe a lower mileage one though, but swb manuals are hard to find.

If my boss would give me 70k to buy a car I'd choose whatever car he likes and sucks his cock at the end

>being white trash

Buy some boomer's crap and swap in some fuckhuege twin turbo v8.

>another innocuous thread proudly brought to you by the NEETs of Veeky Forums imagining what employment is like

They can't achieve, may as well let them dream.

So why are you here neetlord?

Anything but m3 or amg c-class is a bad choice. In real life (my dad has had this exact situation except he got a finance lease that was discounted instead) they get pissed if you don't have a 4 door luxury German or a lexus. Infiniti and and GM or ford products are usually thought of as too 'local' (especially in Aus where are our auto industry is basically non-existant outside the country, and will die by next year) and lower class or bogan.

Also, it's hard to get away with coupes or sporty looking cars most of the time. They want boring name-brand car that is black and has 4 doors. Anything else is seen as a misappropriation of what they've given you.

>so why are you here neetlord
Because I hate my own kind

Some Lexus or something.
I'd get a blown c5z personally and bank the rest for tires, but I'm not a big faggot like yourself.

>import 1JZ-GTE nipbox for under $10k
>pocket remainder

> a single person walking towards a car

what are the other 3 doors for though?

Honda Accord

Lexus LS

What's the most expensive car that still looks cheap as fuck? Or what shitbox for sale has the most expensive top trim level? I'd probably do something like that.

500cc two-stroke dirt bike.

Smoke him when he tries to tell me to get something else

Definitely a used CLS AMG. Classy, roomy for golf clubs and clients to take to lunch, and loud / fast.

Toyota Century would be odd

Time to go look at the price of jaguars.

His job, because he's calling company product shit like a middle managing tard

then offer to sell him some weed

Two restored 1957 bel airs.

One in a gasser style setup, Other a street rod.

ive never had weed though user
i just like the idea of two-strokes

>muh fitty sen
Okay, grandpa.

I want this in a car
youtube.com/watch?v=XZkxJJrB9ZM

What's wrong with old cars?

>tfw you'd have a cooler car than your boss

>Jaguar, Merc
enjoy your $8000 service
>Cadillac
enjoy your fisher price interior

MK4 Supra and use the rest to rice/restore it

is that a vega wagon?

Almost mistook it for a maverick wagon.

F-Type, without even having to think too hard about it.
But, if it were the type of job where they'd pay for me to have a nice car, I would assume a big part of my job would be entertaining clients, they would probably want a sedan. I'd do an XF-S for that I think, because it has enough room, and will leave a pretty good impression that I don't just drive some black or silver German car.

GTR nismo or ford GT egoboost

I'd get a GT350R and a truck load of tires fur it

I'll buy a 1969 Torino and stuff in a supercharged 429ci engine / custom 5 speed manual

What is so special about the 57 user?

I know a lot of guys collect the 55-57 but what makes that year special to you?

Hellcat Charger obviously

A buick grand national and fix the crap out of it.

>Dodge Charger
>respectable
why would you want people to think you're a nigger?

Yeah it's a Vega. The Vega has a slanting forward front end while the mav has a sling inwards front end. I didn't even know mavericks came in wagons

65 Riviera, fuck driving rational vehicles

Does Cadillac count in your gm assessment?

I would suck his cock and then ask for a few grand more.

volvo polestar wagon

60k in blue as fuck color
10k for dank mods

I was thinking 64 lincoln continental, but I like your style.

LS400 with some nice wheels, engine mods and a manual transmission swap, maybe a few extra things like a drinks fridge and a decent headunit or something.

>it's an alphonse posts without his trip thread

>64
>Not 63
I bet you also didn't pick the superior 4 door convertible, in black, with a 460.

Another quality option. You could probably get away with any classic american car as long as it has shiny black paint and doesnt sound like an entire Iowa car show when you start it up

>trip
I never had a trip, newfag

trip on alphones

Spend $25,000 on a used Jaguar XJ that I'll only drive to work and other status conscious areas, spend the rest on a Camaro SS and supercharge it.

That mostly applies to the non-Hellcat ones though.

A loaded T8 V90, or an automatic Giulia QV if I get a good maintenance plan at the dealership.

Slow
Ugly
Deprecated
Waste of gas
Parts hard to find
Rolling Death Trap

>Slow
We're only just back to late muscle car era performance in terms of raw horsepower.
>Ugly
Opinions.
>Deprecated
Opinions.
>Waste of gas
Retrofitting modern EFI systems into old cars get you great gas mileage, because old cars are lighter.
>Parts hard to find
Theb you aren't looking.
>Rolling Death Trap
Agreed.

They're too much of a liability in a business sense.
That's why large businesses that aren't struggling keep their fleet (be they cars, trucks, or equipment) updated. Depreciation is a lot easier account for than random sporadic repair bills.

Op is talking about personal vehicles, not company/fleet cars

A nice simple sedan
With a 351 Clevo
And a 4spd

>Op is talking about scenarios that never happen
I guess OP really is a NEET then.
>yfw someone else likes ESPs

No where near this price range but a Nissan Juke R
Kek

>tfw you'll never get to rice out your own MK4 supra

guys... RESPECTABLE.
do you even understand that word ?
that means
>muscle out
>rice out
>trucks out
>roadsters out
>anything that makes you look like you're showing off

what's left ? 'luxury' sedans. for 70k at least

anyway, I'm impressed of the bad taste you american can have....

>if its not deemed luxury its not respectable

absolutely.

the thread right here is a respectable car to the eyes of a company. not to a gear head

>Modern or classic muscle isn't respectable
>Luxury trucks aren't respectable
>Roadsters aren't respectable
>All these hot opinions

You sound like the most boring kid in your class.

Have you ever been employed ?

There is not a single new car that I like in all aspects, other than the Fiat 124 Spyder and the ND Miata, but that doesn't fit the "respectable" requirement. But if I had to choose something, going for the looks alone I'd choose an Audi S4 or S5 Coupe. With quattro it would probably be bearable to drive. Unless we're talking the new "Quattro Ultra", fuck that then. Other than that I really have no idea. Maybe an M2.
If possible, I'd rather go for an E39 530 or M5.

Gonna say his fresh out of highschool.

get out you fag

> keep my shitbox for hooning
> pocket 50k
> go to work on brand new S1000RR

Alternatively pocket 70k and get to work on the subway.
> what do you want, my shitbox isn't in the parking lot anymore.

And as someone that's not even american, you know what that is, right?

(You)

Yes - currently as a chauffeur. Yes, people don't bring their classic muscle cars to work (and if they do, they're not hiring me that day), but that's mostly a matter of practicality. Apart from that, most of my clients do own roadsters and drive them to work (again, not with me behind the wheel, sadly). Some own luxury trucks, some own modern muscle cars. Median income for my clients is probably well above 200K EUR - can't say I know exactly, but still. Muscle cars can be a boatload of fun when they're driving it themselves, and modern crewcab luxury trucks are comfy as fuck with great big wads of interior space, especially if you slide the passenger seat forward.

go on ?

M5.

Do you suppose $70k would be enough to cover 850CSi maintenance?

>go on
How do you know what's acceptable in a country in which you don't live? Don't see how I can make that any clearer. Besides, company culture has changed a lot since the internet got popular. Google doesn't even have a dress code. How would you feel if you're 50 years old and worked all your life and your 22 year old boss comes in wearing a beanie and T-shirt? Respectable, right?

ok, i'm going to bite the bait

did you read the thread ?

read the thread. Then read your answer.

>read the thread
You mean where everyone posts their dream cars and has different opinions on what the right answer is? Gee, never knew that'd happen. The fact of the matter is, if a company upholds a certain image, they will choose your car for you or it has to be approved first. So really, the thread doesn't mean shit.

my bad

>did you read the OP post

what i'm trying to say here is that you're supposed to get rid of your shitbox to look good to your company. What's the point if you choose a car that's making you look like a wealthy redneck ?

If you get the 850 for 35K, the other 35 ought to cover the maintenance. If not, get an 840.

There aren't any constraints on what the company actually is, so you can't really make that judgment. When everybody immediately thinks of the posh office where everyone has a $5000 desk and 2 secretaries to fondle their balls and stroke, then you're going to think of the typical car.

I'd have guessed the idea was your standard snobby businessplace and not some faggy hipster paradise company. With that said your average hipster is probably some nu-male cunt who wants scary V8 assault engines and dangerous fuel-wasting turbosuperchargers banned.

>not getting the V12
>settling for the V8

Inconvenience is temporary, glory is eternal.