Who's paying 50 for it?!

is not boomers are they?

If I could I would

[2]

the ultimate sleeper

>50k MSRP
are dealers allowed to lie about that?

I was wondering that too, sure don't fucking think so

Stealership tax. The same thing responsible for killing the MR-S and seventh gen Celica.

>fuckhuge brake calipers
>boyracer wing hatch spoiler
>visible intercooler

How is the Focus RS a sleeper?

Doesn't sound right, I built one on the Ford site and MSRP came out close to $42,000. Nice car I would like to have one, but for 42 I can get a really nice Mustang GT instead.

You always have people willing to pay over book either because 1.)they are to impatient to wait a while for the prices to levle out or 2.) Dealership sells them on the lie that they are going to be super rare and paying thousands over book is the only way to get one

So who is the RS fucking marketed towards? It's too expensive for the teens and twenty somethings who want to be Ken Block and for anyone older you can get a GT for less than the RS. They can't expect to sell many of these

You would spend 50k on a focus?

No wonder you are poor.

How hard is it to order a car directly from the factory?

NO ONE SHOULD

All you have to do is contact dealers until one will give it to you for msrp. It's not difficult. It just requires a little bit a legwork. Boo hoo.

30 year old dads.

It is the ultimate grocery getter

the problem with the RS right now is limited production numbers and huge wait lines.

Go look at the Focus RS forums and see how long some of those guys have been waiting to take delivery of their car.

generally, you can't oder limited production cars like an RS or GT500 directly from Ford. Everything is dealer allocated, and any 'direct' order would still be placed through a dealership, at whatever markup they wanted to attempt to extract

Another reason dealerships can ask 55K for one. Stroke a check and drive home today

Idk, paying $50k for a focus is retarded.

>buys cars solely based on how they look

>Look at my 50k "race car" with stock interior
Found the Ford shill

>muh interior

Nobody buys a tarted up econobox for the interior.

A badass Focus that will be a collectors car one day

I'm getting one of these cars. Buying it as an investment is probably the worst reason I've ever heard. I'm also not paying 50k, fuck that. You can get many other, nicer cars for that money or close to it.

A "hot" hatch is not going to be a collector car.

> implying 30 y/o dad isn't a cuck

No one

Every limited production vehicle will be collectable eventually. Most of these will probably bolt-oned to shit

Thats cheap compared to German Auto boomers.

>accidentally a figure too much
>hurr german car boomers xDDD dURR

How's that funny you shitbox owner?

sorry you bought into the German cars are luxury cars meme m8. Dont worry when yours breaks down you can always trade it in for a hyundai since thats all you'll be able to afford.

German cars that get imported are just higher trims of regular euro shitboxes since they're the only ones worth selling here.

Dealer mark up... People have been waiting for theirs for a really long time, Some over a year since they put in a deposit.

The car isn't going to be a limited production run, The head of development said in a review with TFL that everyone that wants one will be able to buy one. So once the hype on the new hot hatch dies down they'll go back down to MSRP which is $41K with every option.

I'm probably going to be getting one in the next few months to see how the market is going to be on these and see if they have any big first year run problems... If the mark up is still really high, I'll just order one through my friends usual dealership and sales guy. (They've bought a 2014 Ford Edge sport, 2014 Ford F250, 2015 Ford F250, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium and helped their room mate get a 2016 Ford F150 in the last 2 years through the same guy)

Umm that's literally why cars like the GTI do so well. No one wants to spend 30-40k on a car with a 15k car interior. I.e wrx, focus rs, etc

i am living in the town where the rs gets produced and know a shitton of people working there and made once an internship there. AMA

They have a shitton of orders and even doubled the staff which is responsible for the ST/RS finishing and now most of the work from the st got moved directly to the line so more rs can be produced

in europe the rs is fucking cheap compared to other cars in this segment, 40.000 €

Saarland is scheiße

halt dein maul du dummer pfälzer

I've only ever seen old men driving GTIs here.

the origional flagship focus was on top gear, costed over 50k new

was never made in the usa only imported

in the uk the ford focus and cosworth are like corvette is in the usa

Canada? If so that's almost right on American MSRP

not the 50k....thinking about getting one though.

right under 39k has everything i want.

I have no idea why I see this 50k meme everywhere. I'm sure there are a few dealers in dumbfuck nowhere places that have no competition from surrounding dealerships, but every place I've called in San Diego and LA will still sell you the base model RS for around 36.5k. There are even two stealerships in El Cajon that have one RS each on their lots. One is the base, the other is optioned, but the point it they're both just sitting there not being sold and the dealers don't have any stupid markups on them or anything.