/blaz/ - Blazblue General

Previous timeloop: Console Lobby password is always vidya
PC Lobby Naming Convention: /Blaz/ (Region) (East/West)

> NEWS
- Central Fiction out in Japanese arcades with Hibiki, Nine, Naoto, and Izanami playable.
- Console release will be in October 6th in Japan
- Blazblue Variable Heart, a new manga starring Mai, is currently being published.
- XBlaze Code Embryo, XBlaze Lost Memories and Chronophantasma Extend are available on Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/421610
store.steampowered.com/app/438940
store.steampowered.com/app/388750
- Es and Mai are on-release DLC, Es will be available to download for free 2 weeks after release
- US release of BBCF is set for November, preorder for CE up on Amazon soon™
- No dub for western release. Decision has been made, let's not start shit.

> USEFUL LINKS
- Match Videos
pastebin.com/g3XuzXVj (embed)
- News, Guides, Combo Listings
dustloop.com/forums/
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
- Story Stuff
blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue_Wiki
- Player List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PaARR543UOJHThsb4ly4Sr--0wj24yj1hoHpkEPmCjc/edit?pli=1#gid=0
- Steam/Skype Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/BlazBuru
- Other Media (Remix Heart, Bururaji, etc)
pastebin.com/CcR94DZE
- Blazblue Music
mega.nz/#!ERZFAZwJ!Os0KzK4EDU0kXl_f74sdkKO1gRlANjeHs5uGStIH0vg
mega.nz/#F!PQAmiDpY!yOAWI8ZfzJX99bLOR4r5XA
-DS3 Installation Information
github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit/blob/master/README.md#installation-how-to

I'm going to fuck a cat and you literally can't stop me!

I want to fuck bridget !

>like bullet
You're joking at this point aren't you

But Nine already beat you to the punch.

Is there a NA lobby up?

I just don't like counterpicking that hard. I feel like a bitch doing that.
>Picked a short range character
>Oh well, imma go Nu-13. Good luck
And I like picking characters I... like.

Anyway, what's a better option?

But you're going from low tier to worse tier, I mean if you like them go ahead and play them, but if you're having trouble with Tager you shouldn't pick a WORSE character

Wait, Bullet's actually worse? But she has better range and a projectile.
Is there an official tier list or something?

Anyone have any basic Hakumen combos?

Sounds like a question for the big G

No, but they're abunch made by top players
Dora
S » Hazama, Valkenhayn, Jin, Nu
A » Kagura, Kokonoe, Azrael, Relius, Makoto, Litchi, Tager, Taokaka, Tsubaki, Ragna, Carl, Izayoi, Hakumen, Bang
B » Noel, Rachel, Arakune, Platinum, Amane, Bullet, Mu, Celica, Lambda
C+ » Terumi

Goro
S » Jin, Nu
A » Valkenhayn, Hazama, Kokonoe, Relius, Litchi, Tager, Taokaka
B » Azrael, Ragna, Tsubaki, Makoto, Bang, Izayoi, Carl, Noel, Kagura
C » Rachel, Platinum, Bullet, Celica, Mu, Lambda
D » Amane, Terumi, Hakumen, Arakune

13th for Izzy!

So that's why there are so many Jins in the NA tournaments...
Oh, and I forgot to thank you for the tips about the Tager grabs. So thank you, user.

I've suddenly grown really fond of this color.
Those socks are too cute.

What type of character do you like?

Would you settle for giving her some food and patting her head? Let her keep her innocence.

I will accept an equal or superior cat to fuck as compensation, yes.

Is there anybody in central fiction who need a good scolding

Who is ready for the guest character YU N A R U K A M I?

Characters with good/fast movement options, and decent range.
I used to like Hazama, back in CS.
And I like Carl, for no real reason.

Why don't you play Taokaka then?

Litchi.

Oh, I never really thought about it.
She was one of the first characters I tried in BB, but at the time her drive seemed kinda crazy to me. I'll try her.
Any other recommendation?

Have best non-playable cat

Can we get some re colors for Jin and Kagura?

There's Jin who is everything at once except a grappler. Hazama who is everything at once including a grappler(why does he have a command grab super) and Valkenhyne which is "high i.q rushdown"

I've played some Jin, his drive is fun.
Haven't played Hazama since CS, didn't even know he had a command grab super, sound fun.
I've tried to play Valkenhayn, but it's hard to get used to wolf and not being able to block.

They're Zappa colors aren't they?

Hazama has snake stance.

Snake stance has a DP like move, an overhead, and a low, these charge up very quickly.

So you know someone down go into snake stance and they have to guess whether you're doing an overhead or the low, and guess what? They're safe on block. Not only that, but in snake stance he gets his command grab super, so he has an overhead, a low, and a command grab.

Yeah, and they look super cute on Celica.

I hope your post will stay last. We must remove Islam from /blaz/.

>So you know someone down go into snake stance and they have to guess whether you're doing an overhead or the low, and guess what? They're safe on block.
Except you don't have to guess, you need to react.
Or just run away from him. Or just hit him out of it. Snake stance isn't as strong as you'd think.

Which cute girl is best to learn Blazblue with?

>19 frame overhead
>react
post millia blocker
>run away
>hit him out of it
On wakeup? I mean sure your DP will work once or twice but then that shit will start getting baited

Both overhead and low are safe on block? That sounds fearsome.
What about the Houtenjin super? Is it still as good as a reversal and combo starter?

If he does stance when you're knocked down you can just roll or delay tech to make his meaties whiff.

And it is the last post!!

Tsubaki gonna get beheaded! I am so yokata!

Noel or Izayoi

Cute girl!

That's no Noel.
Noel has no breasts.

>noel
He asked for a cute girl

so who's the cosplayer

He goes low he beats your forward roll and gets a combo off it, same with delay tech, you roll back congrats, you're not closer to the corner, and now you gotta deal with his chain neutral.

Nevermind situations where you can't roll.

>He goes low he beats your forward roll and gets a combo off it
Don't roll forward then?
>same with delay tech
Delaying your neutral tech isn't gonna get you caught since you can just tech on reaction to him doing a stance move, causing it to whiff.
>you roll back congrats, you're not closer to the corner, and now you gotta deal with his chain neutral.
Resetting to neutral is preferable to having to block a tricky mixup that's rewarding for him on hit, and safe on block.

So, how do you guys feel about Central Fiction being the last one in the series(at least, the last one about Ragna's story)?

Great because I want ragna to have a happy ending.

Bullet, Lambda if you want someone with some range, Celica maybe

I'd avoid Noel to be honest

But what if he doesn't? It's possible if they wanted to make some futuristic-sequel.
And, what's a happy ending for you?

second

>Celica maybe
Celica is cute! There's no maybe about that!

>Don't roll forward then?
See that's the thing, just the act of him being in the stance is a powerful tool that limits options.
>Delaying your neutral tech isn't gonna get you caught since you can just tech on reaction to him doing a stance move, causing it to whiff.
That goes both ways, he can see you're just going to delay tech and stance cancel.
>Resetting to neutral is preferable to having to block a tricky mixup that's rewarding for him on hit, and safe on block.
But at the same time you're now at Hazama's optimal neutral range, and he can do whatever he wants that not much of the cast can do anything about other than block

Houtenjin will always be a great reversaluntil CF

Jin is pretty girly.

A happy ending to me. Is not dead.

Complain about story characters not being playable, shitposting while almost never touching the game, calling other people's wives shit.
Same as always.

>See that's the thing, just the act of him being in the stance is a powerful tool that limits options.
Of course it limits your options, but there's still a ton of options available beyond guessing the high/low/throw as described earlier.
>That goes both ways, he can see you're just going to delay tech and stance cancel.
So you've beaten his stance?
>But at the same time you're now at Hazama's optimal neutral range, and he can do whatever he wants that not much of the cast can do anything about other than block
Being at his optimal range is better than being hit.

>Jin
>not Amane

Mixed feelings, on one hand, I finally get to see the end of the series and can finally drop it without feeling like I abandoned it, on the other, it isn't turning out anything like I was hoping when I first got into blazblue (At least in the case of Ragna's story ending). As long as Mori doesn't suddenly axe any of the good guys for cheap feels at the end I will probably be content and try to forget this game. If it gets a bad ending involving cliffhangers or killing off several characters I'll end up so upset I'll be forced to keep following the series to see if it gets made up for in the sequel somehow.

Bang!

Amane is manly as shit, what are you talking about.

Let's hope for the best, then
You waiting for Jubei or something?
That's the main issue. You can't make a memorable final without killing someone, for today's standards, and BlazBlue is a good series, so they'll most likely try to keep it alive. But again, let's hope for the best.

Bang!

Actually you know what looking at the frames, when you decide to delay tech you have to wait 18 frames before you can do anything, so delayed teching against Hazama wouldn't be a good idea...at all. He can chase backrolls down with a snake dash low, if he cancels you still have to deal with Hazama pressure.

A good example of this situation is if Hazama knocks you down with 3C and goes into snake stance, the only way to roll is to delay tech, in which case he can just chase down your option, if he decides to go for an option immediately he'll hit you in your vulnerable window, and if you tech you're in the mixup.

Not actually, but complaining about Jubei not being playable is fun.

If you say something nice about my waifu, I'll say something nice about yours!

Izayoi is pretty high/top tier

She has nice frame advantage by utilizing her Drive.

I already Beheaded her last thread

Now fuck off and die

TL note: Yokata means "glad"

>I'd avoid Noel to be honest

This. Avoid flat bitches, they're the worst. Flat is meant to die without ever procreating, just like the barren Chihaya from im@s

She has nice hair and a lovely smile.
I don't need you to compliment my waifu, I just don't like seeing others getting so much shit for posting girls they like.

She is in that picture.

You haven't said anything nice about my waifu yet you fucking faggot fuckign tsubaki faggots only caring about themselves

Her boyfriend is a celebrity on /blaz/. She has quite a catch there!

But Chihaya has a nice voice.

Idiot, when he says that he is doing the Islamic taqiya. "Accept me into your borders and I will say nice things about your waifu, for I am a peaceful person of peace!"

end cute imai character bullying

She's well drawn in that picture.

Posting a drawing that puts Cheehayo in the clothing of this totally shit girl is a much worse insult than calling her flat & barren

Celica has nice breasts that are neither too big nor too small.

I warned you the last time Callum - don't say such things about my wife!! Now I will beat your whitey teeth out.

*grabs him by the throat*

The only character that I hope dies a horrible death is Litchi.

That's what flat girls say.

back the fuck off!?

You back the fuck off loser. Stop talking about my wife's breasts!!

But Celica doesn't like violence, does she?

How much more damage does Hazama get on a counter hit with his stance low?

Y'all pussy ass white boys know she likes this big black cock the most, why the fuck you pretending y'all niggas wasn't just watching when i was fucking her brains out, y'all fighting again over who gets to wipe off the cum?

She likes seeing creeps get their skulls caved in.

Why isn't there a black dude in Blazblue?

Trashone fuck off

There is

His name is Ragna

A black girl (Bullet) is enough.

Azrael looks kinda south american-ish, and that's the closest we're getting.

Calm down with this Celica bruh

You mean "Arabic" you mongo

Play Tager with that one color

I love Celica...