Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums
Is a light grey suit like pic related acceptable in Australia during summer?
I start at one of the big 4 financial services firms in November and Im gonna buy a small business wardrobe soon.
I'm buying a navy suit and a charcoal suit
And I need a 3rd
Is light grey acceptable?

Personally I would say that you're generally ok with a medium-light grey suit as long as you dont go overboard. Also its probably hot as fuck in Australia so its probably even more acceptable?

In the UK right now, a lot of young people are wearing royal blue or shiny sliver/grey suits, and it looks appalling.

All textured grays are patrician tier since they hide lint. Dealing with that shit is a literal waste of time.

>being a grown adult and worrying about if the perfectly mainstream colour of your mainstream clothing with offend or delight your masters

This is litterally what the NEETs mean when they throw around the word "wagecuck". Just pick a fucking colour and buy it. Unless you walk into the place in a purple velvet dinner jacket, or a light grey suit with "I am a massive bellend" embroidered on the back, you will be fine.

Blame Tom Hiddleston for that.

He obviously doesn't work in finance

I bet he doesn't even get his shit tailored

Which firm? I think it depends on your position.

I'm at EY, and one of my mates admitted to me while interning last year that he's been wearing the same suit the whole time and just changing his shirts and ties. Ended up getting a grad offer so I don't think they care that much if you're junior.

Audit grad at KPMG
Hoping it doesn't matter too much otherwise most of my first pay checks will be more suits

I interviewed at BDO London this week. Plenty of people were wearing mid grey, including the guy who interviewed me.

What kind of roles do you guys have (KPMG and ey)? I am doing my MBA now but I have no undergraduate I got in via management rpl expirence (I am a tradesman and a supervisor in a mine with a cert4 in management and cert 4 in training) just curious what it is really like with those guys? What kind of backgrounds you guys have and what kinda $ ? I am ok 138k per year now so a drop is expected at the beginning.

So I haven't actually started as a graduate
But I'm doing audit and assurance
Pays roughly 58,000
Plan on doing it til I get my CA
And then seeing how I feel at the end of that to decide where to from there

Is there much scope to grow your career? Do you know what sort of hours you will be doing and if travel is involved?

Light grey / navy / charcoal / black. Then just worry about having the best tie.

It's fine just don't get it with the gay red shit inside

yeah light grey is money. ticket pockets are ugly though. steer clear.

It really depends on your country and you as an individual

For hours here in Australia I'm doing 8:45-5:15 5 days a week minimum but it was heavily implied I should be prepared to work a lot more than that

In terms of career growth I'm expected to get my CA which is the Aussie equivalent of CPA and from there I can jump into any number of jobs from in house corporate clients to banking.

Internally you can fight your way to partner or equity partner and truly make it but to do that you have to be a remarkable individual who can bring new business to the firm.

I'm not interested in that particular suit it was just the first google image result. So duly noted I won't get colourful interior lining

I was under the impression black was too formal for most offices?
Can anyone give advice regarding this

Black is for funerals

The second you step outside you'll be drenched in sweat

So it is long hours too. I am in Australia aswell. Also in vic hence why I am so curious for an inside opinion. Tossing up moving back to Melbourne when I have kids, but it is a big pay drop and an increase in hours.

This board is for Veeky Forumsness, not Veeky Forumsggots.

Grey is fine. Otherwise go into the city one morning and take note of what everyone is wearing.

You are yeah?
If so I honestly cant gauge what kind of pay and work you'll be doing, I really doubt an mba would be on similar wage to a graduate

Don't cut yourself on that edge