Destoryed BMW

I let my friend drive my 01 BMW M Roadster while I was drunk, and he shifted it from 5th to 2nd at 80mph. The mechanic just told me the valves slammed into the pistons, and the engine is destroyed.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/BMW-E46-M3-OEM-S54-3-2-IN-LINE-SIX-CYLINDER-ENGINE-MOTOR-SHORT-BLOCK-135K-MILES-/391486532086?fits=Make:BMW&hash=item5b266a69f6:g:BC8AAOSwZd1VW1Fe&vxp=mtr
ebay.com/itm/BMW-E46-M3-S54-3-2L-Long-Block-Engine-Cylinder-Head-Crank-Pistons-Oem-2001-2006-/331663905636?fits=Make:BMW&hash=item4d38b59364:g:HEkAAOSwVL1WBCp5&vxp=mtr
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have no money to replace the engine, and its my only car. My friend has no money either.
Who the fuck do I sell it to? Its gotta be worth SOMETHING, right?

>interference engines

You'd probably get like $2k for it TOPS, and that's assuming the rest of the car is immaculate

New pistons and head, or maybe just valves

Get good

great, looks like im getting a civic

retard

there's more damage to it than just that, the engine over revved by probably 2500 rpm. its cooked.

Sue him for the cost of a new engine, or work out with him a monthly payment plan that will allow you to complete the necessary headwork and order new parts inc. fitting over a number of months. Use the first paycheck to buy an absolute beater though and just deal with that in the meantime.

As a side note, never expect another person to care about your posessions as much as you do. I've had friends destroy numerous things of mine just by being clumsy.

I said git good cunt.

You obviously are not trying to git good, now go away with your bs.

>cylinder heads are wear items that can't be repaired.

You're the one who needs a new head.

lmao eat shit op

>having friends

serves you right.

And people call me autistic for not letting people drive my cars

so BMWs can't hang at 80 in second.....

THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHHA

MONEY SHIFT BAYBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
HERE COMES THE MONEY
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

DOLLA DOLLA

>mfw know someone who had this happen when he let his friend drive while he was drunk
>went 1st 2nd 1st in a mint 98 E36 M3, Technoviolet on White w/60k original miles doing a pull
>car the next day wouldn't start, engine just spun
>kid who did it fucked off back to Colombia, didn't say what happened until the night before he left
>kid who had the M3 sperged out like OP is and sold the shell for $5 or $6000 (car was immaculate) after paying $14k for it a year before

and that's why if someones driving their cars drunk its ME

op, you'll need new valves. figure $2000-3000 at a decent mechanic.

>E36
Lolwhocares

nope, its probably just the valves. worst case you might have to mill the head and clean up the combustion chambers, then dremel smooth 1-2 of the smacked pistons if theres visible damage.

you're not the first one to moneyshift its very rare to crack a piston from one. worst that happens is you get a nasty indent in the piston face

Was he insured to drive it?
Why did you let him drive it?
Why did you get drunk while intending to drive home, even if someone said 'LOL I CAN DRIVE UR CAR BRO, I CAN TOTULLY DRIVE STICK BRO'?

>american intelligence

Best financial return is to part it out and don't look back.

>its very rare to crack a piston
It's got aluminum pistons and hardened steel valves moron.

Spanish
Try again.
My stupid VW beetle can go 80 in second. I haven't downshifted into second before though. Just taken it up to 80 in second.

>128kmh in second gear
Sure.

The correct answer is tow it into a tree and collect the insurance, retards.

>MUH MURRIKANS
Every time, can you eurocucks be triggered somewhere else

First off, your beetle is a 4 speed so 2nd gear is much lower. Secondly, your beetle has zero torque so I'm positive you can't go 80mph in 2nd gear. Thirdly, you obviously have no fucking clue what gear ratios are if you think what speed a car can hit in some certain gear matters fucking at all.

>destoryed

When you fuck up something that bad that you even fuck up the words to describe it.

The NSX can do that, but I doubt his beetle can

How the fuck do you accidentally hit second from fifth?

having a stroke

>Hi I don't like high compression engines and love taking cock in my ass

That's what you get for having friends, faggot.

that's what turbos are for tb.h

Thought he was going to 4th.

My beetle is a 6 speed with 215 hp m8y.

Or, he doesn't know the difference between MPH and KPH.

Or I do and I have a car that is capable of it like most cars that are more than 150 hp in fucking 2016 the year of our lord and savior.

I am spanish but I have been living in the US awhile my speedometer is in mph

It will be rough for a while but don't sell the car, buy a beater with savings, or drop money on a new engine. I swapped a junkyard engine in my bmw when I blew it up... I'm not sure how much an s50 or whatever engine costs, but if you swap it yourself it will be a lot cheaper. Just google a guide and call up someone with a cherry picker

>no money
>BMW roadster

>LOOK I POSTED IT AGAIN

Can you please kill yourself for the sake of this board

Pimp your friend until he makes enough money to replace the engine.

sue him for destroying your car and make him pay for a new one

get new friends

You first.

And this, parents, is why you don't give your son or daughter an expensive luxury car, even if you can afford one for them.

Because sooner or later they get out on their own and then they're making money - but not really enough to maintain or support what you gave them. And then something breaks, and they can't afford to fix it. And then they have to get a normal mortal car like all the rest of the plebs. Either that or they go whine to you about how they broke their car can you please pay for it to be fixed.

If you like your kids at all, give them something mechanically sound, but something that's a step below whatever they'll be able to afford on their own. It should have ripped seats, maybe a weird smell, maybe the trunk leaks, just as long as it's reliable. And it should be dog slow.

Then when they get out on their own, that barely affordable Hyundai to them looks like an upgrade, instead of a fall from grace.

If I hated my son though, I'd get him the most expensive foreign import car I could, and then tell him he's on his own, sink or swim...

His daddy bought it for him

Do an LS swap.

People actually let their friends drive their cars?

>being this mad over an engine's poor design because muh compression in an NA engine

LOOK LIKE IT"S TIME FOR AFTERNOON LSJUAN
in the mean time buy a $1k kia for point a to point b.
Keep us updated on the build

used S52 engines aren't that expensive, you'd be way better off just doing an engine swap, which on these cars is ironically not that bad of a job, just time consuming and you need an engine hoist (borrow one or get it off craigslist or rent one)

wait, fuck me, S54 is what i meant to say
best part is you could get the s54, put it on a stand and work on it for a few weekends just replacing seals and stuff, make it like new then drop it in

>$1k kia for point a to point b.
If you're going for the effete homosexual life at least do it in style with a Prius.

The car was built in the 90's and wasn't designed for turbos or gas mileage in mind.

Much in the same way 50's cars didn't have airbags.

Quit thinking you knew better that the engineers that designed the engine.

You're the one defending your interference engine by calling user a homosexual who prefers the bottom position.

It's fine to prefer the engine for its performance characteristics but you don't have to be such a bitch about it when a flaw (fatal, in your case) is pointed out.

>mfw this guy is so fucking jealous that other people have parents who love them and got them a car that works and does not have garbage interior

> never expect another person to care about your posessions as much as you do

this, so much this

i have a friend who is super possessive and protective about all his stuff and gets pissy when i don't let him drive my cars (and my other friend's don't understand why i won't when i let other people drive them)
it's because i saw him take someone else's cd out of someone else's cd player and snap it in half just cuz
ya, fuck right off

i usually only let people who have cars drive mine that way if they ruin it at least i can shake them down for something

Son do you realize where you are?

>le "you must be this autistic to post on Veeky Forums" meme XDDD
neck yourself

Found the tumblrina

>getting drunk
>letting other people drive your car
Well have you learned your lesson?

Fuck off Jason

that wouldn't have happened if you had a cold air intake you would have had enough air to keep the valves pushed back...

...and people say cold air intakes are for ricers. Look who's the ricer now...

piston and valve designed to never be together
they get so close to each other
but they can never touch
and when they do
you hear weird loud noise from the engine
you see the symbol of their love flashing on your dash
you watch the orange engine light
while the car slowly come to a stop
because it loose it's power source
love
the quest of the piston and the valve for love
the quest of love that can never be

found the robot. Why don't you go back to your containment board/hugbox where you can cry about how women are whores and how there are too many normies on Veeky Forums you tendie-loving freak

>poor design

No nigger, it's designed to achieve an intended result. It's not designed for fucktards to moneyshift in.

Idgaf about bmw's but don't sit here and try to claim an interference engine is "poor design".

Now you're pulling irrelevant shitposting images out for no special reason, Something tells me you're honestly triggered.

My Beetle does 78 in 2nd. Doubt it would cause valve/piston contact, but I would certainly be unhappy if it happened.

It's just another faggot that doesn't know the difference between mph and kmh.

>wow designing NA engines that make a lot of power is hard
>just slap a fucking fan on it, then dipshits will jerk off to it and we won't have to do any hard engineering

E36/5 actually. Depending on the year that one either had an S52B32 or an S54B34 so yeah, I'm going to guess a few people care.

>E36 M3
>S54

If you want to blame BMW blame them for having tight shift gates and depending on plastic/rubber for every critical part on the shift linkage assembly.

Guarantee you OP's shifter was looser after his mom after a Friday night out

>after his mom after
you had one job

>lets make a really complex design that will grenade itself if you dont constantly baby it
>instead of making a reliable engine that can make big power with a bolt-on fan

>e36 Z3M
>S54

He got the displacement wrong but you're still an idiot

The post you're quoting references one that literally says E36 M3 you fucking knob
>98 E36 M3

A Z3 is an e36/7 or /8 and in some cases /5 you incomprehensibly dense retard. It's the same fucking car with a different body style.

Jesus Christ

READ
THE
>E36 M3
>E36 M3

S54's are ~$3500.

Fix that shit...

>interference engines

Dude. I let my friend ride my bike, and he subsequently totalled my GSXR two months ago. IT SUCKS!!!!!

Dude your friend money shifted an S54? A new engine is over 10k. Time for your friend to get a job and start making payments or for you to take him to small claims. Your car isn't worth shit, only the engine was.

Fuck no they aren't, you can't get one for less than 10k dude. OP is fucked, seriously fucked. Bad.

Okay, it's not poor design. It's the wrong technology for OP because he's friends with retards.

>driving a BMW
>cant maintain it
>cant afford it
>flat broke
>Veeky Forumstism

wow i thought i was the only one (spanish citizen living in america)

how did your friend say he'd compensate you for the damage he's caused?

> Can't into research...

ebay.com/itm/BMW-E46-M3-OEM-S54-3-2-IN-LINE-SIX-CYLINDER-ENGINE-MOTOR-SHORT-BLOCK-135K-MILES-/391486532086?fits=Make:BMW&hash=item5b266a69f6:g:BC8AAOSwZd1VW1Fe&vxp=mtr

Replace the valves ya fuck knuckle, maybe the head gasket while you are at it, stop letting mechanics make you their bitch.

>short block
You may want to read the OP.

>Still being this wrong...
ebay.com/itm/BMW-E46-M3-S54-3-2L-Long-Block-Engine-Cylinder-Head-Crank-Pistons-Oem-2001-2006-/331663905636?fits=Make:BMW&hash=item4d38b59364:g:HEkAAOSwVL1WBCp5&vxp=mtr

>break someone else's stuff for no reason
you have shit friends

>valves bent and messed up the valve seats
>not irreparable damage
Learn something before you spew shit.

>long block
Now you're on the right track Scooter.

Rotary swap time
you know you want to
you should at least

He has a valid point though..

> prius
>1k
Yeahhh ok buddy

my serpentine belt shredded, worked its way behined the front engine cover, and fucked up the timing on my a4. 800$ in bent valves.

wew.

> e36/5
> 5
> FIVE
nigger wat