Eve Online General - /eog/

F2P IN NOVEMBER EDITION

Previous thread: Permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX during the trial?
If you have to ask, you can't do it.

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then all the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy
Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Future:
>Winter: Industrial arrays, drilling platforms
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov ??: updates.eveonline.com/coming/fall/ click through for devblog links on F2P and LINKS, plus teasers for rorqual reworks, industry structures, and visual updates
>Oct 28: Eve Vegas
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit

Past:
>Aug 20: NC/PL dunk CO2/TEST in SH1-, biggest fight since B-R imgur.com/a/YhwzU
>Aug 13: soundcloud.com/orangeeagle/wh-csm-townhall-13aug2016
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>May 06: Eve Online 13th Anniversary
>Apr 27: Citadels & cap rebalance released. Tears, bugs, etc. RIP rolling yachts.
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Other urls found in this thread:

community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/introducing-clone-states-and-the-future-of-access-to-eve-online/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Lmmru9L3MxgM8vVW9RtTioGdbvLjTnB4ts5LsUe9als
zkillboard.com/kill/55857640/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for not playing the game

>He actually posted my low effort .png

Disappointed and ashamed.

Join inri

so uh..... when are we going to do this now that low sp mayhem alts are going to be literally free?

might need some updates. caldari have corms and caracals, but minmatar have talwars if we want a short baking time and greater meme value.

i spent about five minutes in /nmsg/ and that picture is already fucking triggering me hard

Someone post The one with the sad dog and people are standing around it pulling finger pls

I'll beg here too. I want to play again but ccp wont take my shitty europoor 19-digit credit card.
if anybody is willing to help a returning shitter out with a plex ill give you the eve equivalent of a dick sucking.
or whatever.
Have some oc

Didn't even know they were using it as there shitpost mascot.

consider waiting till around november 5-10 and then you will be able to return free, friend.

This sounds fun, but I've long abandoned EVE

why are you here then, senpai?

Because I miss you guys

How much fun could you feasibly have in a f2p account?

Would you be able to solo roam with restricted skills, or would you have to slave for some big corp?

invite

[email protected]

>tp iv

sent

what units does "fun" use?

REMINDER THAT ALPHAS CAN FLY GNOSIS

you god damn mother fucker if you were trying to make a forgathering character you fucked up

the reason the names are done like the image describes is so that we can't even tell each other apart unless we try really hard

if you're just making a normal trial and linked that post by accident, then never mind.

I'm just trying to get isk sent before my account expires

>still no captains quarters in citadels
>still no luxurious pad to entertain in
>still no latex-bound reyni with rosebud wedging into my mouth as I lay gasping for air on my neurofoam mattress in my wormhole

So, /eog/, let's say I wanted to get a mainly PVE interested friend into EVE with the new F2P thing, and due to the F2P restrictions he can only pilot T1 frigs, cruisers and destroyers AND they have to be the same faction as him.

Which faction would be best for him? I'm thinking Gallente if only for the fact that hybrids + drones are probably the best weapons for PVE content, right? And the fact that they're probably the "easiest" to play. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

t. clueless guy who hasn't played EVE for literally years

community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/introducing-clone-states-and-the-future-of-access-to-eve-online/

All your limited skills are at the bottom, but subject to change.

It would appear that characters would be so limited, that the Alphas would exist as mostly lookouts for local, fodder for member numbers, and generally be inferior all around.

It's EVE, meaning one can work their way around indentured servitude to a big corp / alliance, but the restrictions listed makes it where one essentially relies on more established players.

Another thing that people are skipping over is "The state of a given clone may affect its access to trained skills, its ability to train new ones, or the rate at which new skills are acquired.", which can translate into anything, but mostly means that to cap those 5M points, it may be slowed down to an obscene level for F2P accounts, just to further dangle shekels out of current gen "pay-for-gratification" players.

They can get Gallente drones to 5, which makes it not as painful as it can be. Would be a nice way to ease someone into the game, though PvE builds will make them easy fodder when the F2Purge occurs, and now sure how they would handle the fact that they can lose anything at any time, compared to how PvE is usually braindead in other MMOs.

yeah, get him a VNI (it's a faction cruiser, so no worries about T2 skills)

the biggest drawback is Alpha clones can't train Heavy drones, so you'll have to do with mediums, which means killing an npc bs rat is gonna take fucking forever

cruiser rats and below will be fine though

here's a breakdown some guy made of the skills of each race's alpha clones that shows which ones overlap docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Lmmru9L3MxgM8vVW9RtTioGdbvLjTnB4ts5LsUe9als

I ask again, what is stopping me from rolling in isk by running 0.0 anomalies for 50mil/h in my navy vexor?

go for it lad
if everyone does it, isk will devalue and everyone will have the same buying power as before. if not everyone does it, your autism is rewarded, as it should be.

So, a f2p can't really market jew, or into industry/mining.

If an alliance can develop a f2p doctrine that can attract, motivate, deploy, and maintain a substantial pleb force that supplement the bitter vets forces, they will dominate nullsec.

Other alliances will be forced to develop a f2p program to compete. There will NOT be a unified old timers union to destroy all f2p plebs.

kek

You get some trading skills, it's enough if you're the type that uses few orders. For mining, it's just in ventures.

Should I start the free trial now to get a head start on all the new players that'll come in November?

No and also kill yourself.

almost certainly, post email
if you're motivated you might be able to learn enough to effectively dunk alphas between now and then

Find your way to exploration or incursions, farm a plex. tada, full account.

the worst thing about F2P is that it completely destroys EVE Lore

You can mine, industry, haul, etc. with a free account. You just can't do it at a scale and efficiency that can let you buy a plex within 30 days of play.

If you enjoy the act of mining, you can mine with a free account if you find a corp that will take you. You can pretty much do everything in the game, just at a very small and inefficient scale.

You will have three alts. Find three things you want to do, and find the optimal setup for each task. Then find a corp that will take you in and that you can have fun with.

As long as you don't need to do exactly what you are already doing, just with bigger numbers on the screen, you don't have to spend money.

The alliance that has the most efficient f2p army will win. Eve has been and always will be a numbers game.

Even if you could become a capsuleer for free, would you want to?

Was just going to ask how then realized how stupid I was.

how?

>The authentication token provided by the launcher is of an invalid format. Please try again or contact EVE customer support.

Which faction/race has the easiest/best T1 ships for both PVE and/or PVP, and why?

Might as well get this question answered now for the incoming horde of F2P newbies who'll want to know which faction to choose because they can only fly ships of their own faction/race but still want to have fun.

Goylente
Ganking catalyst, drone vexors and VNIs, cancer tristans for FW

not really

>60% of all Eve players quit in the first 2 hours and over 90% are gone after the trial period.
>CCP introducing F2P before improving the new player experience

Well-known example:

>hang out in Rookie chat
>'i'm new guys, what should I do?'
>5 people immediately type DONT DO OPPORTUNITIES, DO CAREER AGENTS INSTEAD

CCP is pants-on-head retarded.

When's the date for the F2P stuff?

I'm sure that'll get fixed.

And even if not
>gnosis with 5 mil sp and T1 fit

ded

gaem

Oh boy I can't wait for all the griefing and terror i'm gonna unleash on the alphafags.

I give it a month and then Eve will be as empty as ever.

A few weeks, maybe.

>they want to mine
>grab a venture
>make like 1 mil per hour
>look at plex price to subscribe
>spirit broken
>leave

or
>want to pvp
>make shitfit T1 frigate because they're poor and aren't allowed to fit T2 anyways
>all gates from highsec to lowsec are camped by veterans, waiting for their free killmails
>spirit broken
>leave

I'm sure looking forward to "Pandemic Horde: F2P edition"

Gnosis needs good drone skills and T2 weapons to be good, not to mention tank.
They're literally gonna be flying around with T1 cruiser levels of tank pulling 250dps on a battlecruiser.

You mean well get more kills than now?
Fuck, how are we supposed to go to sleep now?

>rush destroyers
>dunk freighters with code
I think it will just depend on who finds new players first.

Opportunities are a lot better now than when they were introduced
And they also point you to the career agents

They already said they will be keeping an eye on this.

>sitting in my smartbombing mach on a hs-ls gate
>gateflash
>some fag in a merlin
>bang
>ez frag from a noob

>keeping an eye on this
Hahah lol.

>GO DO COSMOS user

>Killing a Merlin with smartbombs

I mean they did keep an eye on the daily sp missions.
So who knows, maybe they end up buffing the catalyst to fight suicide having, ccp style.

Why are there almost no more sites in w-space?
A month ago I used to haul intact armor plates 24/7. It's literally nothing recently.

>w-space

>haul

All out had to be NERFED

Opportunities offer NO reward (except for very basic info on how to play) and can be completed on the fly. Career agents do offer substantial rewards (7/8 ships if you do them all, a bunch of modules and skill books) and actually teach in-depth the game mechanics (apart from camera controls/hud). Ergo, opportunities are a gigantic waste of time.

>Opportunities are a lot better now than when they were introduced

A polished turd is still a turd.

>And they also point you to the career agent

After you completed like 75% of the opportunities. For a new player, this means about an hour of NO rewards and READING.

All you have to do is join rookie chat to know that the new player experience in Eve is among the worst of all MMO's.

Example: 'So when can i go pew-pew some pirates?'

zkillboard.com/kill/55857640/

>24/7

They give you isk for completing them.

It's chump change but it's not completely worthless to do them for a new player.

You're an idiot with outdated info. Congrats

inb4 he thought the alpha was the same as titan DDs

Yeah, that 10k per opportunity makes me feel really rich when the next tier ship costs 400k and a module 100k.

Even if the isk was good, receiving it does not take away the fact that the first hour or two in Eve is BORING AS FUCK, especially when sticking to the opportunity system.

I don't think they intend for alphas to not be allowed to gank. I think what they need to watch is biomassing sec -10s for fresh alts every week and multiboxed alphas.

Forced safeties would be fucking retarded. I did everything you could do as a carebear in hisec on trial pulse the 3 months for $30 sub deal, and I wouldn't go back for free if I couldn't try hisec PvP.

I started a fresh account two months ago.

Enlight me, then. What notable changes have the wise sages of CCP granted us in the meantime?

I plugged those Alpha clone skills into EFT and tried to fit a gnosis.

You can get 50k ehp armor tanked with 450 dps with those shit skills.

It's not great but it's still going to outclass T1 cruisers.

They give between 20k and 150k or something.

My alt still gets them for stupid shit like 'talk in local' or 'make a bookmark'. They require 0 effort and will amount to a few mill isk in about 5 minutes, which is quite a bit for a new player.

But yes, they are boring as fuck because CCP can't into game design.

Yeah, forced safety would the one way to shoot themselves on the foot. Ganking is a lot more fun than having them running level 3 missions or mining in a venture. Just ban alpha multiboxing.
Then you're just a sperging retard
What's wrong with it? It's not like a bunch of noobs in battlecruisers will crash the economy

How many gnosis are even left in the game?

>What's wrong with it? It's not like a bunch of noobs in battlecruisers will crash the economy
I don't know what the hell you're talking about, I wasn't even talking about the economy. I only tested how shit a gnosis with Alpha clone skills is.

>began playing few months ago, bought 3 months during sale
>still got a month subbed and 300m isk to burn
>want to play
>remember the chore of placing orders/spreadsheets, PI, corp slavery, queuing skills, exploration without covert ops cloak, exploration in general, hauling stuff for my attempt at industry, constant d-scanning, hours of fleet prep

Fuck this game. Everything takes copious amounts of time to get anywhere and do anything. You either have to be out of a job or treat it like one in order to feel any sense of accomplishment, to have fun.

No one forces you to play the market, or do PI, or explore without a covert ops cloak.

Find something you find interesting instead of complaining you dumb nigger.

When two-thirds of everything that this game has to offer is not enjoyed by anyone (or only by a very select group of turbo-nerds) and are essentially mandatory to fund your other activities in the game (to some degree), there is something wrong with the game.

But I know you will disagree with me and will call me a carebear, while simultaneously wishing you were actually having fun with Eve.

epic missioning ship bro. how is hicec

Napfest nullblobber here (or whatever the name was, I forget)

Honest question, what are the payouts of lvl 4 hisec missions? I'm rather tired of keeping an eye on local for my ratting alt and was thinking of moving him to hisec if the payout was good enough. No loot or lp, just isk/h.

CCP is not going to change the game because one guy doesn't find any of the activities interesting m8.

Just unsub if you don't enjoy Eve. It's that simple.

Orbiting havens is better than L4s.

Pretty garbage, 30-40m/h unless you look up the corps with a good store and blitz missions for the LP

Way easier to just do highsec incursions, although you will have to travel a few systems everytime and likely wait unless you play at weird hours.

Jesus Christ! Orbiting Havens it is then... for fuck's sake. I thought it would be like 50-100mil/h or something.

I had no idea. Thanks for the wake up call.

Nah, I want to keep it simple, it's an alt after all, can't concentrate on it that much.

You can actually pull a decent isk if you blitz the missions taht can be blitzed and do the burners, but other than that its pretty meh. Also don't do soe lp becaue the value is shit. Do thukker.

>CCP is not going to change the game because one guy doesn't find any of the activities interesting m8

But they sure will when the subscriber count keeps dropping. And I didn't say that I didn't find all activities interesting. Just most of them.

>just unsub

I'm letting it expire and revert to alpha, as will half of the other players who log in once a day for 5 minutes.

Eve deserves what's coming for its lack of innovation, crap game design and appealing to biased veterans who don't know the meaning of the word 'fun' and whose only retort is 'don't like it? leave'. It's like you people don't want a better game at all.

>muh subscribers

CCP is incompetent, this is known. All of their other projects (Dust, WoD mmo) have failed spectacularly.

They just can't design a game for shit. They lucked out with eve, mostly because it's a really niche game with mechanics that you won't find anywhere else. They have been shitting on these mechanics for a while now and surprise, surprise, people leave en masse.

>tfw dror didn't kill himself yet

who?

Feels bad man.

You have 10 seconds to explain why you have not joined CVA yet.