/hhg/ Hot Hatch General

A thread for our beloved econobox pocket rockets. Talk experiences, ask for advice and questions and generally shitpost about the Fiesta ST.

>"I'm going to make a stupid decision" edition
Should I replace my dead Clio with another lower mileage one, or should I give something else a try?

>What is a "Hot Hatch"?
A Hot Hatch is a manufacturer produced, performance oriented variant of a standard hatchback, designed for improved handling, increased top speed, acceleration and generally enhance the driving experience.

>Are all Hot Hatches FWD?
No. Whilst most Hot Hatches are FWD, some are AWD or even RWD.

>Isn't FWD shit?
No. Just because you can't get the arse out by stamping on the accelerator doesn't mean you can't have fun.

>Aren't Hot Hatches just for Europoors?
No; with the launch of the Fiesta and Focus ST to joining the MS3 and Abarth in the US, it seems like the Hot Hatch is beginning to take off on the other side of the Atlantic, but Europoors definitely have more choice.

>Is the Fiesta ST actually good?
The Fiesta ST is one of the best small hot hatches on offer at the minute; so yeah they're pretty good.

Other urls found in this thread:

maperformance.com/products/ford-fiesta-st-intake-system-by-maperformance-2013-ford-fiesta-st-fist-cai
mishimoto.com/ford-fiesta-st-performance-air-intake-2016.html
mountuneusa.com/mountune-Fiesta-ST-MP215-Performance-Upgrade-p/2364-215-aa.htm
mountuneusa.com/mountune-High-Flow-Exhaust-Fiesta-ST-p/2364-cbe-ab.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=66TrQHgLbk8
youtube.com/watch?v=zJKQ6MIbHrg
autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201511258993463
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

www facebook com/cobbtuning/videos/10154261777359054/

Cobb Stage 1 RS tune and baseline dyno

Fuck your cuckhatches

are the mountune catback and mp215 for the fist worth it? 2016fag here

I would like to know the thoughts on the FoST version myself.

are there any other decent hatchbacks that I can find for $1000 or under that aren't a geo metro? I can't seem to find any of them for sale within 50 miles of me.

I'm really debating between an ms3 and an older sti. What are some of the pros on the ms3?

I don't personally think so but it's definitely enough for some people. The catback could technically 'void your warranty' though you should read up on Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act if it's really concerning to you.

The MP215 is pretty expensive, gives very modest gains, and can't ever be resold. Not to mention the Ford dealership probably won't know what it is and try to deny your warranty claim anyways.

>still no 2016 compatible FiST intakes

fuck this gay earth

The MAP intake comes with the 'necessary additional lines' for the 2016 model.

maperformance.com/products/ford-fiesta-st-intake-system-by-maperformance-2013-ford-fiesta-st-fist-cai

actually looks like mishimoto's is finally out now as well here but is expensive: mishimoto.com/ford-fiesta-st-performance-air-intake-2016.html

I hadn't checked in a few months. Anyway I should probably wait until my warranty is over since I drive over 50 miles a day

>claims +6 whp and +10 torque
>no dyno graphs
>yahoo symbol on the tab

yea ok

making mk6 gti owners cry since 2014.

MAP pretty definitively proved there's no gains to be had on the Fiesta by adding an Intake, Exhaust, or Down Pipe. The only real performance modification needed to be making 'stage 3' gains is an upgraded intercooler.

The rest is just for noise and snake oil.

The MAP R&D thread is the most informative around.

I've read multiple places that if you have ford a ford mechanic put in the catback and the mp215 that it does not void your warranty. I'd probably skip the 215 for now, but I really dig their catback

You may want to double check, Mountune's product page lists the MP215 as warranty friendly but not the catback.

mountuneusa.com/mountune-Fiesta-ST-MP215-Performance-Upgrade-p/2364-215-aa.htm
mountuneusa.com/mountune-High-Flow-Exhaust-Fiesta-ST-p/2364-cbe-ab.htm

In general I don't think a catback will get you in all that much trouble if something were to go wrong, just be prepared to do some extra legwork if it does and you have one though. Warranties in the US are a very grey area.

A grey area when modding your vehicle and still trying to make a warranty claim, I should say.

Also I believe it is an ASE certified mechanic now, it doesn't even have to be a Ford one.

yeah, I must have been looking at the mk6 catback that was a fart canon.

And I do believe you are correct on the ASE mechanic. I'll probably call around to some dealer mechanics and see what kind of documentation they'd want and shit, since they seem to be pretty anal about that sort of thing

Does the Levin Corolla count :~)

Will it count when i replace the motor with a 1ZZ/1MZ

Another car I'm interested in. Corsas get a lot of shit but I fancy seeing what they're actually like.

>Burgerking edition

It's pretty fucking good in fact. I'd say go for it.

Yeah but there are loads of nice little hot hatches in the price region

Obligatory FiST post.

Post your FiSTs /hhg/

Hey guys

The tasteful choice.

Alfa Romeo master race

youtube.com/watch?v=66TrQHgLbk8

Is that the one with the 4C engine? I'd still rather a Megane

I need to take more photos of mine.

Blue is probably the best colour desu senpai

I've got an opportunity to buy an ST for $18000 that has 22k miles and have been weighing the purchase of an RS later this year. Mountune has an MR300 upgrade for $3500 to take it to 300hp/350ft.lb does anyone have any experience with this vehicles upgrade potential is it a sustainable package?

non recaros, 15/16? decent price. if it's 13-14 you can get it for about $15-17k

mountune (275?) has one that lets you keep stock warranty 36k miles. iirc focus st stock clutch max torque rating is around 350

I need a new picture, but this one is still good

I need to take some better pics

Why do people buy the Focus ST instead of the RS?

dunno

it's nearly half the price.

Had the disappointment of noticing the FiST has engine noise forced into the cabin yesterday

Thinking about getting a set of Wind deflectors for my ST, what make/brand is the best choice?

Sound symposer delete is $30 from CFM. But honestly, it sounds good with the sound symposer.

Coming from a Fiesta ST to a Focus RS, it is not worth it. Fiesta ST is a much better bang for your buck. And for $3500, I would rather go with Adam Tune+'s hybrid turbo offering and a full intercooler kit.

>M-MUH SLIGHTLY FASTER ECONOBOX HATCHBACKS ARE JUST AS FUN AS ACTUAL SPORTS CARS
These OPs are why nobody takes you retards seriously

Also the main draw back of the Fiesta ST is the limited tire width you can go without rubbing. 1st and 2nd gear had limited grip on stock tires and MP215 kit. If I remember, 225 was the max width?

Who says they can't be? Just because something isn't sports car doesn't mean you can't have fun in it.

you have an ecoboost and a focus?

which is more fun, I'm deciding between the two. Not the RS of course, between the ST and the mustang.

Oh no that was my coworker's V6. We always park next to eachother for some reason. I have never been in an ecoboost so I have not a clue.

>driving a post 1992 hot hatch

guise srs the hatch golden era ended fucking ages ago

oh ok

It's not a hatch, its a mini crossover

my FoST
who else has gone 'big' turbo here?

I'm toying with grabbing a Megane, if that's big turbo

Well the integra is a hatch so why not?
Its quick as shit and i did a neutral drop burnout in it once, well twice but the second one was shit.

Better fan base and more fun to work with.

I upgraded the turbo is what I meant.

I always wondered what would happen if a FiST got a hold of a FoST or MS3 turbo. Might be interesting.

Problem with the FoST turbo is its built specifically for the FoST not sure about the MS3 turbo. I know the FiST can be a mean little bastard if you through a bigger turbo on it however.9

>new headers
>new intercooler
>new exhaust
>bigger injectors
>bigger oil feed line
>better clutch
>new O2 sensor
>better intake
>remap
>possible need of forged internals

Totally worth putting a bigger turbo in, tbqh.

Any common issues with the Ford Fiesta ST?

Looking at a Used one.
I know newer models tend to have the bugs worked out than older ones.

Also do the rear seats fold down totaly flat and do they split?

Also, don't mind me, just dumping pics of the most beautiful small hot hatch.

Don't give me ideas. I mean, I'm sort of set on finding a 595 specced how I'd like, but then there's this...

Do eet and then install the essesse package.

>pepsifag keeps spamming that FWD is inferior
>unironically posts lap times

I probably ought to test drive one first.

You'll get hypnotised by the sound.
youtube.com/watch?v=zJKQ6MIbHrg

>it's an MJET posts best hatch episode
hell yes

If it's anything like the 595, then definitely. Possibly one of the best sounding hot hatches.

> Campovolo Grey
> White esseesse rims
> Red stripe
> Red calipers
How to spec your 500 like shit.
It's all about Campovolo Grey, black esseesse rims, black stripe and yellow calipers.

More like Campovolo Grey and white alloys. Nothing else.

green is the best color imho

Really dig two tone paintjobs on the 500. Like black/white.

As for the Punto, this is pretty much perfect.

ye, punto looks good in white.
I think that red stuff is overplayed tho, I really dislike red for some reason.

Which non-hot hatch is the most fun to drive?

The seats split, but don't fold completely flat. The cargo capacity and rear seat room is the worst in its class, so if that's super important you will be disappointed

with the rear seats down you can also move the trunk down to the level of the spare which makes it level with the seats folded down. They will have about a 15 degree incline when folded down which isn't too bad. The cargo space is small with the seats up but enough for me, and you can fit more than you would think with the seats down.

prolly a FIST

epic : )

For size comparison i mostly just need to be able to fit 2 5 gallon buckets back there.
I store my hand tools in them (constructionfag), plus maybe some space for a 30 pack of beer for the weekend and enough space for my case of mechanics tools.

yeah you can fit 3-4 5 gallon buckets in the back. I do the same when I wash my car I bring 2x 5 gallon buckets with all my stuff in them. The trunk cover thing will even close on them (you can remove this if you have something taller though You can fit the tools under the trunk floor in with the spare tire easily.

Do you need all that for a turbo swap on a FiST? For the Focus all you "need" is an intercooler and a tune.

Pic related retarded KO3 of Focus ST

nah only intercooler and tune is needed up to ~300 bhp

Well this is cheap. But I personally don't find the FiST to be all that great.

Cat C. Wouldn't bother.

If you're considering CatC Fiesta why not a CatD Megane Sport?

autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201511258993463

Does my shitty stock 2003 wrx wagon count as a hot hatch?

Because that has 90k miles, which means Renault would have done two cambelt changes, but I bet it hasn't had them. And hot Renaults start to need a lot of remedial work from about 60k.

Aw yiss, thank you for the info user.

Any chance you can take a picture of the trunk area with the seats both up and down with 1 or 2 of the buckets sitting in the trunk?

I was planning on going to the Ford Dealership down the street but i started drinking beer at 9am when i was mowing my lawn

It states FSH so I don't see why you are assuming it hasn't been done? Thats bollocks, since the merger/acquisition with Nissan any platform designed after 2007 is miles ahead in terms of reliability compared to their older offerings. The Megane 250/275 platform is reliable as they come.

It's not bollocks, I used to daily a 2010 Clio RS, that had FSH, but if it's not with Renault, they'll change at 60-70k, not every 40-45k. And I've spoken to other RS owners, Clios and Meganes, and they all had similar issues to me with ball joints and suspension.

might be able to tomorrow afternoon if this thread is still up i'll post them

are hatchbacks girl cars?

No, not necessarily. They make great dailys

Hiya ~ :3c

>FWD "racers"
>FWD "drifters"

>look at fully loaded 2014 FiST
>30k miles
>$20k
>jump ship to a base FiST
>12k miles
>$16k

I hate the recaro seats, never used the sunroof on my old car, and use my phone for nav. Base here we go.

Nine grand for a corsa?
Op, you could get a ropey r32 GTR for that!

If you really need a hot hatch for that price i'd be looking at a renaultsport megane 250. Otherwise you could have a blobeye sti or very tidy s2000 or a late model 350z with the hr or a s15 Silvia spec R or an e46 m3, shit you'd maybe even get a r32 gt-r that needs some love for that.
Man up op.

Is the Fiesta ST meme over?

What is the new meme hot hatch?