just got my first red light ticket in the mail from a camera

it actually wasn't me driving, but i own the car, obviously

plan on fighting it

any stories, tips, advice etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=okr9NK5rv_o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"I wasn't driving"

it wasn't, it was my winter car, i USED to let a lot of people drive it because i don't care about it

but this is bullshit so no one is driving it anymore

stop running red lights faggot

>fighting a red light ticket
lmao just pay it, theres cameras with proof the car ran the light

doesnt matter if you were driving
doesnt matter if you think the red light cams are a scam

i'm fighting it anyway, it's almost $400

for a first offense, that's insane

I advise following this example:

youtube.com/watch?v=okr9NK5rv_o

have fun being schedulued on the same day as the other 95 people who are fighting their mailed in ticket

and once you waste the entire day sitting in court just to hear some fuckface say he analized each and every photo and definitly verified that it was you driving you will realize it was never worth it to lose that day of work

ahaha, i'm not from the usa so hopefully i'll just go have a civil conversation and pay a $65 admin fee

you can't mail it in, you have to go to the courthouse

last time i fought a mail in ticket i spoke to the cop who issued it before the trial and settled it in a way that it didn't effect my insurance
it took about 25 minutes and it was totally worth it

maybe you didnt get it the first time

dont

run

red

lights

faggot

it

wasn't

me

fuck

off

If its $400 you may be better off hiring a lawyer to fight it for you.

don't lawyers cost a lot more than that?

i'm hoping to settle for a reduced fine

This

you

are

responsible

for

your

own

shit

faggot

why am i responsible for some else's actions?

what kind of orwellian dystopia do you live in that this makes sense?

No

You're responsible for you're action of loaning someone your car faggot, get a brain

>orwellian dystopia

Traffic court lawyers make money in 2 ways: they save your time and they are cheaper than the ticket. If they weren't then they wouldn't get 99% of the cases they do from poor folks.

Your* action

Kill me

that's actually not how things work

what are you going to do? talk to the camera and beg it to not let the judge fuck you in the ass with 2 points on your license and a nice fat fine for the pigs at your local PD

you get a brain

if i loan someone my car and they run over their ex with it on purpose i'm not going to be charged with first degree homicide

this is why police and laws and insurance exist

a good laywer is gonna start at 1k

and like $500 to keep them on retainer

> Give car to someone you trust
> They ram raid a shop
> Better charge the owner of the car for theft and willful destruction of property

i'm not poor, i'm just upset on principal

for minor traffic infractions, no.

Why the fuck would you hire a good lawyer to fight a traffic ticket? Literally just call one of those cheap faggots you see on the TV and billboards who fight dumb tickets for a living.

I'm not saying you're poor user, I'm saying that the majority of people who get traffic tickets (and therefore hire cheap traffic court lawyers) are poor, so they generate the majority of the law office's revenue.

no i'm going to go to the courthouse and hopefully have a reasonable discussion with a mediator about why i shouldn't have to pay them $400 and hopefully settle it under $100 and without points

make the person who drove your car pay for it

it seems weird to trust someone who makes money off the desperate with something that i feel like i could adequately deal with on my own

they've already given me the money but i don't want any convictions on my license

I hate to burst your bubble but your gonna get points and the fine will def be more than $100 this wasnt a stop sign it was a red light

ive been in this sorta situation before just be ready for when shit doesnt go the way you want it to

if you go to court and say you werent driving theyre gonna want the name of the person who was, cause either way, the car ran a light and the govt wants its money

>convictions

jesus fuck OP

its a traffic citation

>already was paid by "friend" for the ticket
>still posts obvious b8 thread

you have successfully baited 30 anons into posting in this thread, can you just delete it

>traffic citations don't show up on insurance

learn the law bus rider

progressive agent told me that most tickets dont unless they are 15+ over speed limit or reckless driving etc

a red light cam is the same tier as a non moving violation ie seat belt ticket

love this bus rider meme though

i'm ok with that

>someone trying to sell me something told me something that isn't true

wow.

this
also know when to shut the fuck up and eat crow, otherwise you'll just make it worse for yourself

pls tell me more about what your progressive agent told you?

she also told me that if im a real good boy that my rates will go down

mine told me that 5 cars and up gives me the best rate

>don't lawyers cost a lot more than that?
Traffic lawyers are different. And they make their money on handling a lot of repetitive easy cases for them. It is not grueling like a true trial where their other opponent are more lawyers.

Your traffic lawyer knows a lot of technicalities that you do not and should try to apply as much as possible given that you tell him all the circumstances.

Importantly, clearing a red light traffic ticket is good for your INSURANCE RATES.

>progressive agent told me that most tickets dont unless they are 15+ over speed limit or reckless driving etc

That's false. Progressive even has a monitoring program that you can sign up for to reduce your rates. But many people actually increase their rates instead!!! Progressive counts the number of times you do panic stops since they also get your OBD2 codes from your driving. If you have Onstar, you know that can monitor and phone home your panic stop info too.

>it actually wasn't me driving, but i own the car

The ticket is issued to the owner of the car who is responsible for tickets UNLESS the car was reported stolen. Even if your child or wife borrowed the car without your knowledge, you are responsible even though you claim you didn't give permission.

However, if you give permission to a friend who is not part of your household, then you are responsible for the tickets. You can of course have your friend show up at the court session to take responsibility and the judge will move the responsibility over. Thus your personal driving record will be clear. However, the insurance company will still see that the car has a Running The Red Light citation.

OP what fucking country do you live in

this will shut up all the armchair lawyers

man what a weirdo, I feel so bad for members of the justice system that have to deal with nutters like this.

That was pretty entertaining. Better than cops.

Give them the information of who was driving at the time. Problem solved.

What a fucking stupid system that is. In any sensible country the responsibility lies with the driver not the owner.

Also, if they ask who was, you can invoke the fifth.

>doing something completely preventable that has the very real possibility of literally killing someone should be treated lightly because it was the first time I did it even though I know the dangers involved and that it's illegal

XD

I'd find out who drove it and make them pay it.
If it takes points off your license or something there should be a way to let your 'friend' take the hit.
If nobody owns up to it you have some pretty shitty friends.

There's not much to be done about it though, I mean there is solid evidence YOUR CAR was going through a red light.