Why don't americans drive manual?

Why don't americans drive manual?

some do.

Why can't OP stop sucking cock?

Ive been driving a manual for about three weeks now. Just about got it down but it still jumps a little but when im upshifting. Does Veeky Forums have any advice?

when you say jumping do you mean lurching forwards or kinda just bouncing back n forth a bit?

if its lurching, take it slower with the clutch pedal, nice n smooth is far better than quick n sharp

if its kinda bouncing, more gas, just a little, and don't come off the gas completely between gears, you need to keep momentum in the flywheel

Bouncing is probably a better description. So from first to second keep my foot on the gas just a little bit, right?

keep banging gears till you don't have much teeth left in the trans and it'll smooth out

uhh no. just let the clutch out at the right time

is partly correct, but yeah a tad more gas.the "bouncing" is caused by the flywheel slowing down and not matching the speed of the gearbox via the clutch. a touch more gas and you'll maintain a sychronous engine/gearbox speed.

We don't live in Yuropistan my Muslim friend

Most of us drive boring ass sedans, crossovers and minivans. These don't need to be manual, there's almost zero point these days for the average driver. Plus the people need to have both hands free for the phone and Starbucks.

A "sports car" is a different.

3.3 muslims in America
42,000 in Scotland

hows dem freedums tasting now?

>Scotland
Top kek, Burgerland is a country of actual size and importance

Thanks ill try that out. Have I been wearing anything hard bouncing between gears like that?

>of actual size

indeed

no Burgerland is NOT a coutry mate.

it is purely an amalgamation of independant states who unified, it is and never was nor will be a country.

p.s. us Scots built the USofA and invented 90% of the important shit in the world.

and that shoulda read 3.3 million mussies

>be me
>be changing gears
>be Murrican

That looks so autistic...

you're doing 3rd to second wrong.
dont pull down then acroos then down, this fucks up the selector rods
try pulling at a diagnal towards you, its also quicker

9/10 good effort though

some do. I drive manual as well as most of my family.

im beginning to hate new cars with manual transmission. I had to borrow my brother's 2015 corrola while i sorted out my 02 wrx. It felt like i was driving a marshmallow. Completely disconnected clutch feel, mushy gear lever never felt like it was in gear (but it was), and almost impossible to rev match without mashing the gas pedal to the floor for a good second (thank you drive by wire). It is super easy to drive and super forgiving to the point that it feels like the car will drive smoothly no matter how shitty you drive. Anyone that says they can't drive stick needs to try again on a newer corrola. shit takes no skill or experience.

god i hope other newer cars with manual transmissions are not this numb.

I've been driving manuals for 5 years now. I just try to drive as smooth as possible and at times I can get it perfect.

I don't know OP, why do you make the same thread over and over again?

Because I drive a semi for a living and don't feel like shifting More gears on my drive home.

Four out of five people in my family do, all four of my fiancé's family does. It just matters which demographics you look at

New Fiestas are the same way. I haven't driven an ST though.

And yes, DBW is trash.

Automatic is easier obviously but I'm not sure. I've been driving manual since my second year driving.

Most new cars have have auto rev matching...sort of. It's not perfect, but it helps assist people in driving a manual. If you already know how to drive, it's fucking terrible and pisses you off but if you don't know how to drive it makes it much easier.

I have a Focus ST, it has the same thing, you can turn it off with a tune. It's much easier for me to drive with it off. It's infuriating with it on. It feels like the rev hang lasts for aaaages. Even with it off, the dual mass flywheel takes forever to spin down so you have to shift slowly regardless of if it's on or not.

Never heard of that before. Is that true?

This has got to be one of the stupidest things i've ever read. In to the filter you go tripfag.

I haven't driven manual since my first car a year ago and it was only for a month cuz the flywheel busted on it and I couldn't fix it. I'm apprehensive about getting a new one. Wat do.

>implying its hard to know how drive standard
>takes literally one try to learn how
unless you're retarded anyone can drive manual if they tried once

Everyone can do it if they have most of their 2 legs intact. I think most folk psych them selves out of it though.

>Miata
7/10

Only standard trans cars i see on a regular basis are fiesta st, brz, or golfs. The only other people that drive stick are cheap asses that want the most base car possible of kids/poorfags that get handed down one. Most people just want to get where they going as easy as possible

Oh right, that's why it looked so jerky.

Because automagic is easier and american'ts are lazy.

Automatic transmissions were pushed as a "luxury" feature when they first started appearing in cars so people gravitated towards it to "one up the Jones'".

03-09 corlllas had hevy flywheels , thats probably what you were feeling

Lazy

>Why don't americans drive manual?

I can't text if I have to keep one hand on the stickshift and one hand on the steering wheel.

Now compare as a percentage of total population

poor ones do or people with inclination to actually drive. manual shit boxes are dirt cheap because nobody wants them. can buy an american manual old shitbox for $1k that runs fine because nobody but an 18 year old making $8 an hour would touch them.

It's true

It might even make a horrible grinding/buzzing noise if you do it wrong

My pickup is manual? Why do foreigners ask stupid questions about Americans like they could begin to comprehend how fucking awesome our lives are.

I read that book too.

but i do drive a manual

It's too close to exercise.

>UK obesity: 26.9%
>US obesity: 33%

Not that big of a difference, and Scotland has a higher prevalence of obesity than the UK as a whole.

Probably not.

>gassing for an upshift
And this is why Americans don't drive manual

If the British Empire had started on a landmass with the size and resources of North America, you can't name one country which would now not be a British colony.

>Not that big of a difference

The big difference is that obese americans are double the weight of uk fatties

What , do you brake for an upshift ya cunt?

I certainly don't increase the revs in anticipation of a gear with lower revs for a given road speed.

lol, is this a video of some guy trying to steal a car?

Too lazy and stupid

>He doesn't add a little bit of gas while lifting the clutch for maximum smoothness upshifting.

This is why your shifts are jerky m8. Get your car to the rpm it will be when it clicks into the next gear

>He doesn't rev a little before lifting the clutch when taking off in 1st gear.

I apply enough gaa for the shift to be as smooth as possible.
The other poster was implying that you shouldn't gas at all when upshifting which is moronic.

This is why Americans don't drive manual cars. You're totally incapable. Why is the American solution to needing to lower your revs to add more gas?

I don't know what shitbox do you drive but

>Release clutch pedal while simultaneously pressing down on the gas pedal with right foot.

This is some basic shit, and I'm not an american.

That's not gassing 'while upshifting' and isn't what's being talked about at all. I've driven most things up to 7.5t rigid trucks.

>most new cars have auto rev matching

Most new cars? C7 Corvette, 991 911, Nissan 370Z and BMW M2/3/4 do, but that's about it as far as I know.

Unless you're talking about how certain DBW systems hold revs after you let off the accelerator for a quarter of a second...which happened in my 2006 Civic Si. Luckily, in that case, Hondata allowed you to dial it out completely.

manual is outdated and is for poor people

Says the cuck

This.

The US rush hour in a mid to large city is fucking shit and full of road raged retards and women drinking starfucks and snap chatting.
Automatics are needed here because every retard and their brother are driving cars because we have on average zero public transit.
Most "enthusiasts" have a high trim autotragic car to commute in and a nice six speed in the garage for days off.

I think that is just toyotas m8y.

I had to drive a brand new yaris when I was working in Luxembourg last year and it was like having sex with six condoms on.

Lol, I drive a manual in fucking Beirut. If you think Ameristan is bad, well at least you have lanes

Yep, cops set up a trap.

Why does it have Asian headlights

Maybe he meant synchros