What shit should I buy?

I plan on moving south in less than a year, I am going to get rid of my Taurus.

I want to get a truck/something with good cargo capacity. I will get something for fun or a project later on as well.

Here is some shit I am considering

Hauler: (boxy bodies and bench seats make muh dick hard)
>Chevy c/k
>pre 10th gen f series trucks
>First gen dodge ram
>7th gen suburban
>1st gen dodge ram
>K5 blazer
>Ford bronco
>Dodge Ramcharger
>XJ cherokee (4 or 2 door)
>Jeep Comanche
>Ford Ranger

Fun car/project:
>3rd gen camaro
>SN95 mustang
>????

Really just drawing a blank here, I'd love to get an old 60's-70's muscle car as a project, but I doubt I could find one cheap enough.

Is there any that I should look into or strike off the list? I am looking to stay under $3k each, be durable, not a total bitch to work on and have good parts availability.

>pic mildly related
When I lived in Wisconsin I had a friend that a lifted '78 F100, didn't care much for the life but it was pretty sexy.

>tfw you failed to notice errors in your post

Buy an 80s Diesel Suburban and buy a Dodge Dart

you will have so much fun with a classic fullsize truck, I guarantee it. 2wd trucks like this are still retarded fun to drive. have a sexy ferd

>80s diesel suburban
detroit diesel a shit.

I've decided I want a truck and I'm thinking about trading in my 2015 Altima for a 2016 Tacoma. Am I retarded for doing this?

I hope you're going to buy it after you move south to avoid the rust.

Shut up asshole you've broken a cardinal rule. The cardinal rule of messing with a good thread.

Piss off and make your own thread that will be a failure!

>2015 altima
>it's 2016
mate just hold onto your altima as a dd. this is why people don't understand why they have such high monthly payments and shit credit

That's the idea, the goddamn rust makes me want to suck start a shotgun.

Pretty much everything below the plastic rocker panel covers on my taurus has ceased to exist. All the damn things did was trap sand, water and salt next to the rockers.

I really want to punch the fuck face who thought those were a good idea . /endrant

Actually looking at getting a box body truck but I know fuck all about repairing them when broken. What models and brands should I go for or avoid and what do I look for for babies first truck?

Coming from the guy driving an underpowered truck.
Next time i see you in Walnut Creek im throwing a melted Oreo Cookie Shake at you

I don't own one, but from what I've heard any squarebody truck (think k5 blazer/shortbed chevy) is a damn good template to have and work on because of its simple mechanics and ease of access.

Any particular generation you know of or year to defiantly consider?

80s fords can be had for dumb cheap on craigslist, just be prepared to do a full tuneup, ignition, cooling and brake systems.

>looking to stay under $3k
there's a shit ton of 90's GM 1500s and Ford F150s waiting for you

what part of the white trash south are you planning to move to?

By chance, do you happen to be a software engineer or systems admin?

>there's a shit ton of 90's GM 1500s and Ford F150s waiting for you

I mainly got my eye out for a 3rd gen C/K. got some had some time behind the wheel of a 4th gen, it was fine but I prefer the 3rd gen body style more.

>what part of the white trash south are you planning to move to?

probably some place in northern Georgia, forgot if I was looking at the NE or NW

chevy is shit ford is king.

get an f100 and you won't be sorry

too bad I live in denver m8

What do you think are the best years for Ford trucks?

1965-66

but actually depends on what you are looking for. If I were to buy another I would get a 67-73 or 73 to 79

>73 to 79
>split grill
yup

80-86 also looks good as well. dat bullnose

Old F100s are pretty badass. IMO, 67-72 chevys are just as good, too. You can still find either pretty cheap in driver condition. They're stupidly easy to work on and parts are cheap.

As for a fun project, I'd recommend 4th gen camaro/firechicken or a fox body mustang. Lots of cheap cars still available and massive aftermarket support.

>ranger
Complete shit.

>1st gen Ram
>Ramcharger
Great design, terrible build quality.

>80s/90s F-150
>90s/90s Bronco
Acceptable build quality, but a lot of stuff is laid out terribly which makes them a pain to work on. If you plan on DIY upgrades and repairs, I'd avoid these.

>C/K
>Suburban
>K5
>XJ
>Comanche
All good choices. Which suits you best, only you can answer.
Would you rather your cargo space be uncovered, open, and easy to clean, or would you rather it be climate controlled, locking, and protected from the elements?
Fuel economy is close enough between all of these for it not to matter unless you're comparing beating on a 454 GM vs babying an I4 Jeep.

>Great design, terrible build quality.

The build quality part is self explanatory since it is a Chrysler product but I am curious why is the design great compared to others of the time?

Aesthetically pleasing body and stuff is laid out in an intuitive manner.

The other posters have offered good recommendations, but to your question anything 2nd gen (1973-1991). This is because of the ability to swap parts when needed from any other truck in this time frame.

OP here, decided I'll look for a chevy square body (c/k,sub,k5). Am I correct in assuming that that most of the parts are interchangeable since they are essentially just covered versions of the C/K?

Is there any more ideas of something fun?
What is been mentioned so far:
>SN95
>3rd gen Camaro
>4th gen Camaro/firebird
>Foxbody mustang
>Dodge Dart

>pic for attention
it is barely related, but it has a truck so close enough

>Is there any that I should look into or strike off the list? I am looking to stay under $3k each, be durable, not a total bitch to work on and have good parts availability.

Yeah. First gen Ram. Parts are snowflake to non existent. God help you if you get one with a Cummins.

t. 1st Gen Cummins owner.

The absolute best buy in trucks right now are the 80s->90s Fords. Light years ahead of anything Dodge had until the 2nd gen desu. After that it's just brand preference.

see

>Talking shit about Rangers
>Find a pickup as common in the United States and running for 200K+ without major issue

Common doesn't mean good, common means cheap.

200k is not an impressive milestone for a truck. Compared to the average 80s econobox, the Ranger is reliable. Compared to a decent fullsize truck, the Ranger is an unreliable and incapable pile of shit.

Everything is relative. Compare it to vehicles in the same class without ignoring most of the class for being too well built relative to the Ranger.

If you like them, great. But they're not good.

>ford falcon
>ford ranchero
>mercury cougar
What's your budget opie?