What's your driving style like? Do you follow the speed limit and drive defensively or do you ever break the law?

What's your driving style like? Do you follow the speed limit and drive defensively or do you ever break the law?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dv13gl0a-FA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Speed everywhere.
One day I'll get fucked by the police.
Already expecting a speeding ticket, was going 170km/h on a 90km/h section. Only noticed the radar after I dun goof'd.
Hopefully it was off.

In my focus I have full green leaves for anticipation and full green leaves for speed.

I'm doing pretty good.

Usually about 5 over the limit, but I only drive aggressively when everyone else is driving aggressively.

Fuck everybody else on the road desu. I'm literally always speeding and I don't give a fuck because I drive better than anyone else too. I'm also always blasting my music, fuck you

I have illegal tint so I try not to get pulled over.

Everyone who drives like it's a race while commuting needs to die. Women who tailgate from mere inches away also need to die. And please signal, thank you.

Spirited driving and speeding are cool on back roads or at times other than when the road is filled with commuter traffic.

I speed occasionally, I always leave plenty of following distance and practice mostly defensive driving. Love ripping it on backroads when there's no pedestrians around. My car is a cop magnet and I also have illegal tint and exhaust so I avoid driving like a jackass.

I want to kill people that tailgate

>fag award on the dash
Holy shit ferd a shit

This. Speeding sport cars that signals and actually slow down when situation gone bad always win my respect

Fuck the young women driver who literately 0.5m behind me
Fuck women driver who starts rolling before the light turns green
Fuck the women who has no idea there's manual cars existed and right fuckihg in front of her

65mph in a 55 all day every day. Never been pulled over for it.

Sorry not everyone is a boring fag like you and actually like driving their cars. Now switch out of my lane faggot

Have you ever thought that maybe they were late to work and you are IN THE FUCKING WAY!!!??

YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT FAGGOT!

PULL OVER AND LET US PASS YOU SHIT WAD.

I always move over to let people pass, that's not at all what I said.

Sorry your life sucks and you have to drink coffee just to feel alert in the morning and you have to show up to work on time and you get stressed out if you're late

Fucking cuck.

>what are business ethics

I love it when NEETS with their 1200$ 1990's preludes tell others how to live.

Have you tried leaving the house earlier? It's a really great solution.

I don't know, why don't you tell me what business ethics are. None of what he posted seem to be unethical, you illiterate faggot.

Kid I made 7 figures selling Plexus on Facebook, you really want to fuck with me?

>samefagging

pathetic.

>moving slower than the person behind you wants to go.

Thats why everyone passes you on double yellows faggot.

and yet you don't do shit about it.

kek.

5-10 over the limit. Smooth and fast through corners.

>implying

I got a nice ticket for 67 in a 55 so be careful homes.

I love in minnesota, you?

Live. Fucking autocorrect

Defense driving and I usually let people in if they're in a pinch. I never understood assholes that don't have the empathy to give someone a break

However if you drive a nice car or if I'm listening to eurobeat I'm tailgating the fuck out of your car just to see how close I can get

I drive like everyone and everything on the road can and will kill me.

Now don't mistake that for fear. Think like a snake handler. He's not scared of the cobra but he knows what can happen more than anyone. A fool would cower in fear, or rush in without respecting the danger. A sign of true understanding is knowing what your opponent is capable of.

Never forget that you are going 70 MPH in a hunk of metal, surrounded by retards texting and steering with their knees.

>One hand resting on door and other resting in lap if I'm cruising, or both hands on the wheel when I'm being cautious or hooning
>Always use my turn signals like all the chucklefucks in my city are supposed to do
>Get in the lane I need to be in ahead of time unlike all the faggots around me who try to enter at the last second; never let people merge in front of me when they do that
>Change lanes when I know there are avoidable potholes or rough patches of street ahead
>Do 5-20 MPH more than speed limit depending on the street
>Speed only in areas I'm familiar with
>Know which streets police patrol, how often they patrol them, and where they camp out
>Pass other cars with caution; I'll pass slowly if I feel there's risk passing them at the speed I was traveling, and I may keep at least one lane open between us
>Avoid being in peoples' blindspots
>Keep distance from drivers who appear to be drunk/drugged/distracted/an old asian female (literally three worst driver types rolled into one)
>Slow down at intersections where I can't see traffic to my left and right - in case someone runs a red light or something
>Have my foot hovering over the brake pedal most of the time when I'm in neighborhoods
>Left on red if it's late and I don't see anyone around
>Rolling stops when I don't see anyone (specifically police)
>When I drive home (usually 1 AM to 3 AM), I usually turn my lights off as I come to a couple of intersections on some back roads - I turn my lights off so I can see the lights of other cars approaching the intersection, if I don't see any lights, I just drive through the intersection without stopping, otherwise I turn mine on and follow right-of-way
>Always turn music down at a stop or in a parking lot because I'm not an attention-seeking nigger
So basically yes to all of your questions. I wouldn't say I drive aggressively. I've never had road rage, I don't brake check anyone or run people off the road or cut lanes or anything like that.

It depends on vehicle.

2007 GSXR- I ride like a complete dick. Speeding everywhere, crashed never, speeding tickets never. Cops don't bug me on bikes
SV650- Ride defensively. Never more than 10mph over the speed limit.

S10- Drive slow as shit, because shitty tires, shitty suspension, shitty brakes.

I drive defensively over the speed limit

How the fuck does a Focus know if you're anticipating things well or not?

I think it means you're letting the car slow down, instead of breaking and losing precious momentum,

Signal early, 5 over minimum, try to apex every single turn like lanes don't exist, take gaps of one car length for lane changes and merges and maintain speed at any cost.

After about 10 miles of driving I'll start shifting at the redline

When commuter traffic is a bunch of crossover/SUV/van abominations that think the speed limit is the maximum instead of the minimum and maintain the "proper" following distance, it's kind of hard not to go around them. Mostly because they all pull away from stoplights like anything over 2000RPM will cause the engine to explode and approach "stale" lights like they're already yellow. If you're stuck behind them, you'll end up part of a minor traffic jam. Fewer people getting through the que = more people stuck in the que.

The cops here are incredibly lenient. I like to think they have some sympathy.

Also, every other person in a sedan or smaller drives like me.

I only sped a couple of times but not gonna risk it anymore. I only do powerslides when no one is around.

Literally hoon everywhere I go. But I live out in the mountains where it's extremely easy to get away with. Cops literally do not patrol any roads around here and in the rare event that a cop happens to be in the area, they're always coming the opposite direction. Which means I'm fucking gone before they even have a chance of pulling a u-turn

This one time though...
>driving home at night
>hauling ass on a straightaway and see taillights ahead
>come up behind this car at about double the speed limit and as I'm about to go for the pass I realize its a fucking sheriff
>slam on breaks and barely have enough room to slow down without rear ending him
>he saw what was going on, but because it was a tiny 2- lane road with no pullouts or driveways he couldn't pull over and let me get in front, in order to properly pull me over
>and right as he starts to slow way down to try and stop me, the road forks and he continues straight, I go left and haul major ass out of there

It was a little too close for comfort. Right as I started to make the turn, he turned on his lightbar

>"Have you tried leaving the house earlier??"

Just don't be late, it's that easy!!!11!1

fucking kill yourself

>Have you thought of wasting more of your life on your commute like me?

5 minutes a day adds up. If you can cut down on personal downtime, do it, and don't deny other people the right to spend less time going there and more time being there.

Speed limits are set by bureaucrats and groups of concerned mothers, not civil engineers or anyone who uses the roads themselves instead of relying on a chauffeur or husband.

I drive about 5-10 over the limit if I have the space. NYC is pretty shitty though. At like 2 AM you might catch me doing more but it's risky here.

I'm a Tim and sick of the public treating me like the the Trent. Stupid News makes us look bad and the public has no idea what they're talking about. So the real car people get thrown into the same basket as the retards.

>thinks they're a sick cunt
>goes to the hills and race track finds out they're really slow as fuck.

>apexs every
let me fix that for you

Turns the steering wheel full lock and sledge understeers in his shitbox wondering why it won't turn

Sorry I got to the gas station two minutes before you. Really, really, really sorry. Also sorry I got through that light and you didn't because I did the unthinkable and accelerated quicker than that lady who never presses the gas pedal further down than a quarter inch.

How fast you are on le togue doesn't really matter because I never drive on the togue anyways (in my stock shitbox). Also apexing is incredibly easy at lower speeds, and incredibly handy for taking a corner in an understeering FWD shitbox slightly faster than you could trying to hug the curve, because understeer. I highly recommend apexing everything to people with FWD shitboxes if they don't want to obey the yellow signs or chirp their tires and go through the guardrail.

>Backroads good fun as long as you know what your doing and leave some room for error, it's better than been a wanker on normal roads.
>Stupid police are so poorly trained to drive it's not funny
>Stupid public thinks the cops are well trained because their even more incompetent than the cops are
>Dear commuters , 30 years of commuting does not teach you anything

(OP)
This

You are Trent the squid , what your doing might not be dangerous at all and I could care less but fact is the general public doesn't know the difference and every time you do this shit it makes the rest of us look bad and brings more police attention to us.

THIS I ment

One state over to the East. I come to Rochester 4 or 5 times a year though

I like to swerve across 4 lanes of traffic so I don't miss my exit.

I like to drive in the left lane and vary my speed +/- 20 MPH, depending on if I am texting.

I like to pass on the inside whenever possible.

I like to ride with the brights on my aftermarket headlights on my lifted Dodge Ram with tow mirrors.

This link finally works like I was saying I don't care what you do personally but it makes the rest of us car people look bad.

I used to be just like you.

But then I grew up. Accidents, broken down trucks, weather, all sorts of shit can happen that slows down your commute. If you leave at a good time you will make it on time and SOMETIMES you will arrive early.

And really, most of the time, that's totally fine. People are expecting you, so you can consequently leave early. Or you get to work 10 minutes early, which gives a good impression.

Cautious but fast within reason

I speed and take corners like a retard when I'm hyped and I do the speed limit and sit low when I'm chilled tf out.
It varies depending on time of day and my energy level and what music is playing at the time.

pretty chill, ill usually press the gas a bit harder when passing close to a wall, or a cute girl has her window down
>mbrp race 3' catback h pipe. longtube headers w/ highflo cats

Nobody thinks you're a car person in a stock FWD sedan. They just think you're in a hurry.

There's getting through the roads like a devastated girlfriend running through the crowd at prom in an accord, and then there's doing that in a mustang.

i drive slow and patiently most of the time, let people in on traffic etc. when others aren't, always stay 3 seconds behind the car in front.. unless i'm in a rush then i'll speed a tiny bit, usually still stay 3 seconds behind unless its someone going way to slow on an open road where there's not going to be any hazards, i usually get pissed and tailgate them more (but only at 50-60km/h speeds).

at hours not many people are driving around i go to back roads and hoon

if there was a track nearby that did events for like 60-80 dollars entry for 5 or so laps, and i didn't need a rollcage then i would only be driving fast there. but they don't have any tracks besides 3 hour drive, and club events there cost 100 dollars. to do that you need a rollcage and some other safety things, plus racing license. the events are 5-7 laps that last around a minute, so around 6 minutes of racing.
the only other racing they have near are rally (doesn't happen often), or further away is drift/drag events. rallys even more expensive (and they don't provide much information on how to start doing it) and other 2 i wouldn't buy a car just for that.

when i get more money i am going to go try club racing events, but at the moment it's too expensive and i don't have decent car for it (have a shitbox, but only downhill racing is good in that, and this is up hill sprint).

assmad gm fangirl spotted

Lol I live in Thailand, there are no traffic laws essentially. I run red lights constantly (just like everyone else), speed everywhere and stunt whenever I feel like it (actually did a wheelie after pulling through a police/military checkpoint last night).

Only thing they look for is people not wearing helmets (only during daylight hours, don't have to wear after dark) and drunk drivers (usually at night and only check points).

I've never seen anyone get pulled over by a cop in a cruiser. I've done plenty of things that would have gotten me huge fines back in Canada directly in view of cops and they've never done anything besides blow a whistle or their horn at me.

Oh and I drive really aggressively, especially on the bike. There is a reason Thailand is the 2nd most dangerous place in the world to drive so I never stay beside or behind a car and I never let anyone keep close to the back of me either.

Shift at 3k, always leave space, don't tailgate, only speed when it's safe (stick to 5-10 over mostly), move over for faster traffic, minimal braking in heavy traffic, always signal, and generally just try to stay as smooth as possible.
I got my first speeding ticket early, and was 2mph away from it being a really serious problem.

Backroads though and I go for it so long as I know cops and other pedestrians/traffic aren't around. Then maybe every once and a blue moon (usually in lighter traffic), I'll just drive like an asshole from fast and the furious.

The only exception is if RUNNING IN THE 90S comes on. all bets are off

At least 10mph over the limit at all times. Usually 20 over

All depends on the traffic or setting

Backroads:
Maximum togay if I know the road well enough, otherwise 5-10mph over.

Highway:
Light traffic/No traffic
>Left lane, 10-15mph above speed limit, moderate lane jumping. Sometimes it's just easier to pass on the right if there is an ohio driver camping the left lane. I'll hoon like a retard in spots where I know cops will never be sometimes.

Moderate traffic
>Pick the fastest moving lane, try to stay there. Only lane jump if there is ample room

Heavy traffic
>Pick the lane, usually left because it's flowing the best. If know I'll need a lane in 2-3 miles, I'll get in that lane as soon as I safely can.

my radio only plays eurobeat

take a wild guess.

always speed on backroads

t. timesaver

With precision. Example: max. speed = limit * 1.1 + 2 because it's not fast enough to garner unwanted attention.
Dont like it? Overtake then, I couldn't care less. Can't overtake? Not my problem. Flip me off? I'll laugh at you and carry on regardless.

i usually drive with the same speed as the rest of the traffic, which means about 10 kmph above the speed limit, not a big deal

this. i drive my car just like my motorcycle. with the traffic and fucked drivers around here you have to to stay alive in a small car.

youtube.com/watch?v=dv13gl0a-FA

This tells you everything you need to know about my driving style

Speeding all day everyday.
Then again, I love in Illinois, and the speed limit is merely a suggestion that's sometimes enforced.

I drive for gas mileage
Yes that means low rpm in my l4 econoshit
I speed up to like 40 in a 25 before hills
Ride hills down with no brakes
I try to roll to a red stoplight if no nigger is behind me
I go 60 in the highway which is about 2.2k rpm instead of 65 which is 2.6-2.7ish
Of it is late at night and I'm taking the parkway home I cruise control at 50
I go like 35 in the city because there is a new gear that it switches to around 35 for low rpms
But combined with my city driving I still only get 30mpg
2012 corolla EPA 27-34
One day I'll get dat supra and drive quick

I drive

I don't understand people like this, I'm normally in work 30-45mins early so I can set up my spot/eat breakfast in peace/ make any phone calls I need to make before work starts.

Late for me is being on time

I only go fast if its not a straight. whats the point of fast if there's no gforce

oh man you need to visit new jersey

daily commute consists of minivan/SUVs doing 100-110mph on 95/295/garden state parkway and pulling away from stoplights and signs like a drag race, redlining is commonplace because muh lack of patience

seriously if you don't nearly die 2 times on your way to and from work in NJ, then it must have been a full moon

I drive an autox prepped hatch so 2fast4me desu.

I used to speed and take corners when I owned a RWD. Now I own a FWD and I haven't felt like tempting fate.

>Max 5-10 over speed limit, typically hover around the speed limit in residential areas.
>Defensively driving, occasional aggressive move
>Try to keep flow of traffic moving as best as I can, rarely in the left lane and if I'm in the left lane I speed up
>Drive like a maniac on backroads/rural country roads, taking corners, speeding like a motherfucker, etc.

In the city I follow the speed limit, but usually end up going a little over or else there will be people up my ass. On the highway it's at least 5 over, left lane all the way. I am very cautious about following distance and usually leave excessive room between me and the person in front, but my friends don't so it always scares me to drive with them. I wouldn't say I'm an aggressive driver, I will always let people in or generally do whatever makes the other driver happy. But some people will occasionally do things that really piss me off and I will rage a bit, usually aggressively overtaking them.

On gravel I used to go as fast I felt comfortable, but after hitting a deer because I couldn't stop in time, I keep it to 55.

Mostly cruising and being chill on the road. Moving aside when they are people in a rush behind me.
I love seeing a red light in the distance and putting a car into neutral and letting it cruise up to the crossroad when ideally the light turns green and i dont have to stop the car and just roll through it.

>What is waking up 5-10 mins earlier?

>fuck the women
i think you're trying to say something to us
are you like straight ?

>I try to roll to a red stoplight if no nigger is behind me

It bothers me when the guy behind me goes for a pass when I slow down early for a red light. What's the hurry to slow down?

Yup, if someone complains about running late, it's their fault. Keep the watch running 10 minutes fast if necessary.

I speed. A lot.

Veteran plates and a Toyota that is primarily driven by elderly, Asian women = invisible to cops, even when you go past them doing 20 over.

Live in Vegas, so nobody does the speed limit, even in residential. Unlike their dumb asses (typically California or Utah) I only speed on the highway.

Signal well ahead of time, give space to people when they signal, etc. I try to be nice to others despite the fact this entire city is full of stupid niggers who are very passive aggressive. For instance, was zooming up the off ramp on an exit and some stupid ass just veers into my lane without signaling to get off. I didn't have enough time or space to break and give them enough space and they immediately start doing 20 to be an ass. Brights flashing constantly + my fogs on to be equally an ass to them.

I fucking hate Vegas drivers with a passion. Doesn't help this city's traffic lights are programmed to always turn red at the next light when yours turns green so you HAVE to speed.

>drive alone
gotta hypermile this shit because wasting money on gas.

>drive with people
speed limit because other people have shit to do.

I drive the speed limit and reasonably defensive in town and on the highway. Out in the country I drive like an absolute madman.

>Signal early
Thank you.
Seems like nobody in Pittsburgh knows they're to signal that you're gonna slow down to turn. Instead they signal as they're turning.
>rrreeeeeeee

Quick. I don't drive stupidly fast, but I do go well over the limit when I can. I also don't slow down for things like corners, or roundabouts if there's a straight, clear line.
Tailgaters get messed with. Either through leading them faster, leaving them behind through stuff they don't have the balls to follow me through, or dumping them on lights I know the timings for.

15-20 over on highways/freeways

5-10 over on surface streets

@ or below speed limit in residential areas.

15 kph above the speed limit at all times (except for villages etc.), elbowing my way past fucking slowpokes on the highway, and generally being aggressive af.

Oh, but I let people cut out in and merge at all times. Fucking hate people who dont let you in.

not gonna lie, I drive drunk about 20% of the time
i have a problem

>Enter roundabout with 30-40 km/h, don't really remember
>Driver at the first decide that this is when he should enter the roundabout right out in front of me
>Slam my brakes and flip him the bird
>He turns a bit to the left to cut me off, get out and start screaming at me to get out of my car
>I just turn sharply to the right and drive past him while flipping him off again
>He rushes to his car, but is now stuck in the middle because the drivers behind us is not going to wait for that idiot
>Laugh my ass off while I can see him in the rear mirror, desperately trying to get out

Yeah, a lot of people don't get the signal early part. For example, they should signal before entering the turn lane in the "negative offset" picture.

Same

Going slightly over the speed limit in a car when possible, when it's a busy road I just relax and go with the flow.

On a bike I speed a bit more, when it's busy I try to find back roads or pass people when possible.

>As opposed to not having a full time job

Hello, I am the driver of the focus with full green leaves on both anticipation and speed.

Yes, it can tell how well you anticipate changes with the roadway and other drivers. I think I do well by not braking to slow down but coast to slow down. that also means my anticipation is impeccable.

The car knows when I'm turning as well I'm sure... And I don't hold the gas through turns. I usually coast unless it's a road with higher speed limit.

When I was in a hurry on the highway one day my leaves dropped down to one... But with a few good days of impeccable anticipation and speed control I was back up to full leaves.

Before I go anywhere with a new girl in my car I am sure to show her my leaves to put her at ease - it helps them to know I'm not a crazy driver and have the brain power to anticipate road conditions and other drivers. I'm a very defensive driver and don't trust other drivers on the road.

That explains it I think.

>Before I go anywhere with a new girl in my car I am sure to show her my leaves to put her at ease - it helps them to know I'm not a crazy driver and have the brain power to anticipate road conditions and other drivers. I'm a very defensive driver and don't trust other drivers on the road.

I drive quickly, usually 5-10 above speed limit. I properly signal for every single maneuver and keep a sensible car length so I have room for error or to prevent rear-ending the car in front of me should they get in an accident. If I'm driving and there's a vehicle near me that is acting dangerously, such as drifting into other lanes, speeding faster than me, quickly over-correcting themselves, obviously texting & driving, etc., then I'll either speed pass them and put a few cars between us or back way off and drive moderately. Sometimes I wish I had a louder exhaust so people would hear my car and put down their phones when I'm merging or passing, similar to a motorcycle.

New Jersey is a rat race, you need to keep pace with everyone else doing 85 on the Atlantic City Expressway or you're more likely to be in or cause an accident. BMW and Lincoln SUVs will pass you on the right doing 110 it's surreal going anywhere else and I wouldn't have it anyway else
Traveling out of state is infuriating with how fucking S L O W traffic is

Before 11pm I obey all speed limits and traffic laws within 5-10mph

After 11pm I disregard all speed limits and traffic laws and drive like a maniac

AHAHAHAHA