Caprice sun

Whats the Veeky Forumspinion on the new generation caprice? i'm probably getting one from a police auction tomorrow. Seems like the impala SS in RWD imo. what do you guys think? also, what should I do with this track in the center console?

Other urls found in this thread:

publicsurplus.com/sms/state,wa/auction/view?auc=1635769
publicsurplus.com/sms/all,wa/auction/view?auc=1635769
carsales.com.au/cars/results?q=((((Make=[Holden]&Model=[Commodore])&Service=[Carsales])&CarAll=keyword[vl])&Induction=[Turbo])&area=Stock&vertical=car&sortBy=TopDeal&WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is the track thing minus the laptop holder. this is a random google photo.

do any companies sell consumer mounts for the track thing?

Fuck these things, they're ALL unmarked cops here.

they are imo great vehicles and you should totally get one.

wheres the auction?

Should've sold these as cheap bare-bone V6/V8 RWD cars to the public in available colors like White, Black, Silver, Navy Blue, Maroon. would've been all i needed in a car. 4-doors, RWD, (manual from the factory would be fantastic)

Would be my go-to clapbox cruiser and probably would've been great to buy alongside the Crown-Vic. wish they either made the Impala RWD or sold this to the public.

Does chebby even sell these things non-commercially? there's a dealer near me that has a commercial lot next do it and there's been two or three of these things sitting there for like a year and I'd love to have one if they're v8 models.

It's for police equipment, and the shifter is relocated closer to the driver than usual if you look. It was done because these are fleet only cars.

Both Ford and Chevy made RWD V8 land barges and basically muscle cars in Australlia. Both refuse to sell them here and shill their FWD shitboxes like the Impala and Taurus.

The closest thing you people in the USA are going to get to the Caprice is the Chevy SS and the Pontiac G8, both exported rebadged VE/VF Commodores. The Caprice is the longer wheelbase version, popular as taxis in Australia. It'll be quite a few sizes up from the Impala.

idk

its like 3 or 4 inches more in every dimension, also i can get it in the US, thats where im getting it. police auction. publicsurplus.com/sms/state,wa/auction/view?auc=1635769

I like how it has an "hour" meter in addition to the traditional odometer.

maybe you should start with mounting some cupholders. maybe fix a fucking cooler there.

It looks like it's just bolt slots. You cN gdt anything boltsd on there. If you looking for a real heavy duty mount for whatever, look at ww.rammount.com . I work on trucks and i see their stuff used a lot hold all kinds of electronic devices. You can choose from several mounting bases, im sure something must fit the track spacing in there

No. However there is a loophole i the contract in which you (as a civilian) could buy one new from the dealer. Idunno if you still can though

we dont have these in my area. would love to have one.

whats the drivetrain situation here? Specs? what is the auction price?

This intrigues me. If the auction closes for like 6-8k I would totally consider one of these if I wreck my current car.

Used to hate these things until I rented one on business instead of a POS base model Chrysler 200 or some shit...
302 HP kept me entertained for two weeks of training let me tell you. Fucking had fun with that car. Might even look for one to daily. The price has tanked since the new body style came out.

RWD LS V8 with 350 ish whp

Just pull that shit out and put a standard console from a Caprice in. Import it from aus

>TFW in ausfag land this thing is called a holdon commodore caprice
>TFW I want one.

Cops here dont use these as unmarked cars tho.

came here to post caprice pics

Aren't these really just a long wheel base version of the Chevy SS. Not really much if anything in common with the modern Impalas.

I think you'd have issues with the shifter being in the wrong place as well as no handbrake lever

Nope, you would obviously get the shifter assy as well, and the handbrake is designed so it can be mirrored.

I'd rather an SHO for the same.

WHY WOULD ANYONE NOT WANT THIS

>Boosted V6
>Not RWD N/A V8

OP here, didnt get it guys, went way over my budget:
publicsurplus.com/sms/all,wa/auction/view?auc=1635769

Really? $8600 is quite low for those. The lowest Ive seen them on ebay was like 12k

Pretty much. In Australia it was sold as the Holden Caprice and Statesman as a more luxurious version of the VE series Commodore.

The longer wheelbase Caprice got the axe here for the VF series and done-up "luxury" Commos (equivalent to the Chevy SS) were sold as the Calais.

Damn son.
That's pretty low for a clapped out cop car.
30 year old turbo models go for significantly more carsales.com.au/cars/results?q=((((Make=[Holden]&Model=[Commodore])&Service=[Carsales])&CarAll=keyword[vl])&Induction=[Turbo])&area=Stock&vertical=car&sortBy=TopDeal&WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel

I simply didnt have the dosh, and I dont think you can get a car loan for a auction car. maybe if you had a pre-approved loan, acts like a check?

>Seems like the impala SS in RWD
Underage b&

the 2006-2011 gen

If they knew about the Impala chances are they're actually over 18, retard.

Your logic doesn't stand, but ok.

That car is only legendary to people born around the time it was made. Ask any kid under 18 about a 1995 Impala SS they're not gonna have a clue

Yeah, that was exactly my point behind the picture of the 96.

They use them for Undercover work where I live.
>Not sure if they are lazy, or people are stupid...