Cars vs Motercycles

I'd like to hear Veeky Forums's opinion on which they think is better and why.

both have asshats that make the other group hate the other as a whole

>Cars AND Motorcycles

FTFY

Bikes are by far more fun, but I don't daily any of mine anymore. Too many texters and morons behind the wheel, riding has only become enjoyable outside of metropolitan areas.

Cars are great too, and you can have almost as much fun if you have the right one as a daily

Talking in terms of sport bikes, sport cars, and overall performance. Touring/enjoyment are purely subjective, so its whatever you prefer between the two. Bikes are much better for commuting because better mileage and lanesplitting. 600 and 1000cc bikes (and the other weird displacements you see in panigales, gsxr 750, hayabusa/zzr14) will generally outperform 99.9% of cars youll see on the road down a straight. It takes a ridiculously expensive car, or a fuckton of mods on a regular car, to match a bike in terms of straight line speed.

Cars have 2 extra wheels, though, so (again, talking only about sportier cars) cars will break later, harder, and carry a lot more speed into, through, and out of corners.

Cars can make more power for quicker acceleration to match bikes, but bikes cant get an extra 2 wheels for quicker cornering. So on any given track, an excellent car will beat any bike no matter what the bike is.
>what about isle of man
They sent a subaru limited to 175mph around the track, so of course the bikes get better times. Send a better car around the course and the best bike time will be beaten quite handily.

Different tools for different purposes.

Naked bike / sports tourer is godly for city riding, fun, fast, nimble, can filter. Personally I use it whenever I can. With panniers you can haul your weekly food / drink rations as well. Fuel efficiency on sub-600 twins or singles is great.
Car is comfier especially in bad weather and provides a completely different feel in the twisties. To me going 80 through some curves in a shitbox feels much fast than on a shitbike, but going fast in a straight line feels much faster on a bike. Don't need gear in a car either, so that's convenient.
Car is basically required if you are a guitar player and have an amp head + speaker + guitars + pedalboard to take places.

car with v8
because i have both

i choose car

Aren't bikes having a lower cost of maintenance than cars?

you're comparing apples to hats my friend

Both are the most common means of transportation, my darling.

>bus riders

having both i say if i lived in a city id have just a bike

Bikes are a more pure experience than cars.

Apples and oranges, neither is "better" than the other because where one fails, the other wins.

Both have their qualities

yes
and insurance
my cost for insurance is like 140 for the full year

I've had way more fun in riding my motorcycle than driving my car tbqh family

Car is way more convenient though for everyday use though

Assuming you're on a limited budget, I think the best setup is beater car for inclement weather, and nice bike for everything else. Would love to ride year-round but we got three-fucking-feet of snow this past Winter :-(

See, everyone! Bikes are better than cars!

Upvote

>memes

He isn't wrong though, you have to buy a car that's expensive as all fuck or you have to put an assload of money worth of mods into a car to make it match a bike.

Depends, you have to adjust and oil the chain on a regular basis, have the valves adjusted after so many miles, and you go through tires in as few as 5 thousand miles

stupid fucking question. comparing apples to oranges.

Car crash
>bruises, maybe broken bones, at worse internal bleeding or a boken neck
Bike crash
>scraped off the pavement with a metal shovel

That's only true if you hit a car or anything solid going at considerable speed. I've seen plenty of guys fall off going well over 70 mph that walk it off.

Excellent refutation. You really made your case.

I know two people who have died on street bikes and 3 others severely injured.

Seem fun but Im too scared to try at this point.

gorw some balls faggot

>dude I ride bikes im so manly hahah