Literally Shitbox front page, or the wiki front page

>Videos:
Highlights of the cup's matchdays are in progress
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Videos#2016_Veeky Forums_Summer_Cup

>Archived games:
archive.klaxa.eu/

>Current Cup:
implyingrigged.info/wiki/2016_Veeky Forums_Autumn_Babby_Cup
Some tentative dates: September 30th for >Fetus draw; Babby deadline October 21st.

>Upcoming invitationals:
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Multinational_Bowl

>Previously:
Nothing of note, as usual for downtime

Other urls found in this thread:

hitbox.tv/video/1138651
hitbox.tv/video/1138654
hitbox.tv/video/1138655
hitbox.tv/video/1138657
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

benis

benis

BENIS

sineb

dick

/4ccg/ - "where we believe we can make games more entertaining by making the players/AI worse" edition

bagina

anigab

Reminder that anime is not welcome.

>"let's nerf the golds because I'm gay"
Fuck off and stay Fuck off

Why is there an egg on her head

Because its cute

It's fashionable.

Eggs are comfy and easy to wear.

>being this mad

>nerfing golds

Why are we so married to having a specific set of medal players?

Why not just make 77 the baseline for all players, then give each team a "pool" of points to add to the 23?

If we're worried about overpowered golds, we could even max out a player at 94 (The Messi/Ronaldo level) or something similar? This would create a HUGE variety of potential tactics.

Wh-What

more like Where we believe that retarded defenders getting outplayed all the time and 5 goals per match is the pinnacle of divegrass entertainment edition
but don't let me disrupt your toplad safespace circlejerk

FUCK OFF

Underrated misquote

there's no sense in blowing up the whole format with a new game around the corner, any major changes should have been made for Spring/Summer

Only make the players that are too good a bit worse, and the players that are too bad a bit better.
You know, the sensible thing to do that's so obvious /rules/ completely missed it.

Then we slightly buff the silvers and MASSIVELY buff the nonmedals.
99/94/89 sounds good.

/4ccg/ - "I've never watched a PES 14 game but I still love making everything play like PES 14" general

FUCK OFF

Oh, I wasn't suggesting that we do this for Autumn - it's way too late in the game to make a change THAT drastic. It would just change the format of the game a little bit more, I think it would make things more interesting honestly.

I didn't mean to upset you, user. I hope you're having a good day.

>94
Still too much if the 77s stay 77.

90 max.

>99/94/89 sounds good.
No that is not ok

I say you slightly buff the FUCK and MASSIVELY buff the OFF

>tfw no matter what there will be no changes anyway because the toplads making the rules grew to be too much comfortable and conservative to actually try anything

Is it true ?

>buff the silvers and non medals is a good thing

Yes, let's bring even better players able to shoot on the pitch that'll do

What you don't seem to realise is that PES is broken and 99 golds completely exploit that fact; bringing even MORE players able to exploit the retardedness of the game is definitely NOT a solution

Golds should be nerfed to begin to bring some sanity to the game

Fine. 90/85/80 or whatever number that doesn't put the golds any further than 10 from the nonmedals.

Why not have 110 / 105 / 100s
:^))))))))))))))))))))))

Ask Ramen or Soryuu

No, stop being in denial

Keep suggesting things 4ccg, because we, the other toplads, will be keeping 99/88/77 for now and the upcoming future.

Please resume your meaningless stats banter. It all means nothing in the end.

If everything is broken, nothing will be.

t. Masahiro Sakurai

Why even put in the effort when we're moving to PES17 after autumn anyway?

The defense buff should balance that out, right?
But yeah, nerfing the 99s is a given.

>All these people posting ideas
>nobody testing them
>people thinking people want to or have time to test
Nobody wants to listen to /4ccg/ spitballing.

user we have some test data on 99/94/89 from Hessen's tests though, while stat compression lower than 95 has only been tested on the Moeshit Cup, and that's on Harlock which I think breaks the AI of the game even further.

>Why even put in the effort
/rules/ in a nutshell, who didn't put in the effort after 1.04 proved to be a disaster.

Nevermind the past and future leagues we had testing different rules, most of which yielded sensible results, right?

I never run a all 77 vs 77 to see if with equal stats, attack still run over the defense, should be interesting

Main problem with the golds are the impossible curlers they're able to sink in every time; while the defensive IA is just not reactive enough to counter. Nerfing them to 90 reduce that occurrence to acceptable levels I'd say

Did you say something? I can't hear you on my toplad throne. Please speak up a little louder.

They were all on shitty patches or with meme tactics that nobody is going to take seriously.

i am gay

f4r got killed by a tsunami

>meme tactics

Meme happen in actual cups too, that's not an argument to disregard invitationals, especially since they also feature serious tactics (that actually are the ones winning)

You simply cannot compare the tactics used in the moeshit cup to an actual 4cc event. It's such a disproportionate amount of fucking around that people can't just take it at face value and not just test it wit serious cup teams. It very much is an argument to disregard invitationals.

Guys

Guys

Ponies

Can we please stop pretending that nerfing golds will make people play new shit. Managers are lazy uncreative fucks who are so desperate to succeed that they'll either use the most generic tactics available (see /d/) or copy teams that did well from the previous cup (see /v/). Look around at the managers who currently go run stuff that isn't the norm or change a lot, these are the only ones you're getting outside new lads

And where do you draw the line? I the spectrum going from /keion/ to /yys/, where do you draw the line?

And I'll say it again;t "muh serious testing" is what /rules/ did, and we all saw the shitfest it resulted

>153580302
bad english user repent

Ok well when you take the moeshit teams that aren't running without strikers or medal attackers playing longball and make them normal teams, you see if you still get muh 3.5 goals per game because I'm pretty sure you wont.

!!

But we don't know because golds are supermen.

/azu/ had more than 4 goals on average, and I think /yys/ had a good average too

Meanwhile /sora/ with 3 medals forwards had the lowest with 1.6, even less than the completely meme /keion/

wtf what a cunt

/sora/ was running defensive fluid, which worked well enough.

And sliders? And fluid? Playstyles and skillcards? This just tells me it's retarded by the by.

>moeshit
It's shit

>4cc
it's shit

Still wasn't a meme tactic

You literally said
>teams that aren't running without strikers or medal attackers playing longball

Now you're moving goalposts

Alternatively, you could look at this as the perfect time to try out a new format precisely because it will be inconsequential.

All you're doing is arguing for the status quo.

>make a change for Winter
NOT ENOUGH TIME, CAN'T RISK AN ELITE CUP ON INADEQUATELY TESTED CHANGES
>make a change for Spring
NOT ENOUGH TIME, CAN'T RISK AN ENTIRE CUP ON INADEQUATELY TESTED CHANGES
>make a change for Summer
NOT ENOUGH TIME, CAN'T RISK AN ELITE CUP ON INADEQUATELY TESTED CHANGES
>make a change for Autumn
NOT ENOUGH TIME, CAN'T RISK AN ENTIRE CUP ON INADEQUATELY TESTED CHANGES AND BESIDES THE NEW PES IS AROUND THE CORNER SO IT DOESN'T MATTER

I'm fucking sick of the excuses.

>nerfing golds
It's shit

Okay then well while I'm moving the goalposts, you can just ignore every single thing I say because I'm just an user in /4ccg/ anyway.

Kinda like /merit/ will ignore you and everyone else whose opinion is "we should take a risk" and don't want to test anything.

I like it better when we shitpost in the offseason.

Are Wing Forwards count as strikers?

But if you make the players with the ability to be good no matter the system and make them worse, you're really pushing people into a more narrow box of what will work. It's going to make more people just being generic

If you don't know that answer, then you need to educate yourself

They are red, so they count!

Like I said before, attacking Moeshit and /ag/L on the basis of "meme tactics" implies that "real tactics" would make things works.../rules/ did and failed, so I won't trust "srs tictacs tests, guise no meme allowed here" cause they're not representative

I understand, getting out of the comfort zone and changing the status quo can be quite difficult for some people
still, better than posting bored.jpg and >page 9

*small golf clap*

So what you're basically saying is if the actual cup tactics aren't representative, memevitationals are? Or nothing is representative? Let's just not change rules then because testing is pointless and it's better to change nothing than risk making things even worse because no testing is representative.

It's the opposite.
Nerfing the golds would increase variety of tactics and result in more teamplay, because it won't be the:
>just pass it to the medal, and let him carry you through defensive spaghetti lol

Explain how this will lead to more tactical diversity when it still happened in /ag/L and Moeshit.

Leaving them as it is is worse.

>bitching about rules
you're shit

I would imagine this to be the truth as well
lowering the difference between medals and making non-medals not completely shit would allow more variety than just having all medals in the offense
SDA might even meme his way to the elites

/rules/ already tested this shit and said it ended with even less parity in the games. You'll all dismiss this though because it came from /rules/ and you don't trust your new boogeyman of the month, right?

It's literally just as productive as posting >page 9 though, because in the end no one fucking listens to /4ccg/.

Pointing out the obvious (that rules are complete shit, as are the people forcing them to not change for the better) is bitching now?

Defense will be less useless because of smaller stat gap between them and the medals
Gold won't be a one-man team
Resulting more plays that actually counts and look like real effort to score, instead of golds going crazy and scoring from mile away, or from le sidecurler

And have you actually proven this yet.

For myself, yes. I liked matches with compressed stats. I liked watching and participating in memevitationals that used those.
But it won't be enough to convince you, so let's wait for Sou streams to roll out.

Yeah because Sou's tests are going to make all the babby managers want to disregard their tests 2 weeks before the cup. This is just appeasing /4ccg/ and won't lead to anything unless PES17 is denuvoland,

>Defense will be less useless because of smaller stat gap between them and the medals
But that's not true. If you make players worse, you're just making them worse. The AI for how the defence and GKs work is still broken to fuck. Lowering medals wouldn't make non-medals less useless, it just makes the medals more useless

>Lowering medals wouldn't make non-medals less useless, it just makes the medals more useless
Then everything will be useless within scale., meaning everything will be useFUL within scale.

You've skipped the part where the AI is fucked at every level.

>unless PES17 is denuvoland
Which is a big possibility
I never thought for a moment that Autumn rules would change, given how conservative the current rulers are
Sou streaming with compressed stats is good for the future.

>it just makes the medals more useless
>Less demigold abuse bullshit
What's the problem again?

But you're actively trying the make the games worse quality which will make them worse to watch.

watch /zar/ and see real AI beauty.

>at every level
But now it will affect everything equally.
You get fucked up AI, YOU get fucked up AI, EVERYONE GETS FUCKED UP AI! You should have known and moved to FIFA.

Well guys, looks like I won't be doing the fun stuff (/a/ - Veeky Forums on Veeky Forums's hard counter tactics and /r9k/ - /p/ reenactment) right this second since I've been called by some people to >actually play a game, but look forward to those two matches (at least - I think I'll rerun the non-day one /mlp/ matches on different tactics as well since I sort of know what they ran) nonetheless. I will drop my spreadsheet with all the match statistics in the wiki soon. In the mean time, have the VODs from my tests:
hitbox.tv/video/1138651
hitbox.tv/video/1138654
hitbox.tv/video/1138655
hitbox.tv/video/1138657

Thanks to everyone that dropped in to give it a watch!

good games mate, thanks for actually doing something