What kind of engines/transmissions do busses have?

What kind of engines/transmissions do busses have?

all sorts of stuff
there are lots of options

depends which manufacturer but ones i know use big ass Allisons.

Is that a real bus?

If so, how is that practical or efficient? At most it can seat 13 people, including the driver. A Ford Transit or similar can seat up to 15 and have a much smaller powertrain. Plus it already exists. Someone would have had to design that to some extent. Why would the bus company do that knowing their competition is far superior. It's not like it's more off-road worthy or anything.

So many questions...

>Fat kid sits in back
>Do wheelies
I see no problem here

Probably the tard wrangler for an extremely small school

International 7.3s or 6.9s, Ford big blocks, new ones just have medium duty CAT engines.

>tfw the bus you ride on as a kid is probably shuttling spics in South America across the world's most dangerous roads

Dude take seats out and insert bed. Perfect for camping.

My literally retarded brother loves school busses, so I picked up a lot of things.

Keep in mind the bulk of them are built on medium truck frames. So just look up whatever is in the medium trucks for that marque and there you go.

Cummings, international, gms use duramax, fords use powerstroke, mercedes. Most use Allison transmissions.

Chevy 350 and a turbo 400. Same as semis

A civic hatchback literally serves the same purpose

conventional slushbox at least in europe;
automated manual if it's a "long-distance" shuttle

I thought semis all used inline 6 diesels

I see a lot of Duramax engines

They vary as much as cars. You need to be more specific.

This

Non-synchronised manuals or computer controlled non-synchro manuals on newer trucks/busses.

Something like our babby tractors and straight trucks have. 7L-9L I6 diesels (Cat, Cummins, Maxxforce) with a 5spd or 6sp auto like the Allison. I think lots are 7.3L.

Buses have been running autos for so long. They only use the ~7L engines like the DT466 so they aren't putting out 1500+ torks like the 12L+ engines in 18 wheelers. The 5spd and 6spd transmissions in them are normally automated manuals so they don't drive quite the same as a typical auto trans in a car.

Those engines also have a ton of different power ratings for the same displacement. The same 7.3L block could be 200HP or 450HP depending on the tarbos and how much fuel is dumped into them. Also, since 2000RPM redline diesel, they may be 250HP but have 500+ torks.

In Europe they mostly have either 6L or V8 diesels with 6 speed automatic transmissions

With 6L meant inline 6

Usually large I6/V8s with 1.5+L cylinders.

Trannies range from 4spd autos to 13+spd manuals.

Kek hatchback.

that's obviously a modified range rover ya butt

Some shitty automatic on a generic diesel

boring

next question

>"This thread is boring. I want more funny pepe threads about tired Veeky Forums memes I've seen 20 times before."

>automatic transmissions

I was on Santorini a few years ago. All the buses I rode on (island transit system) appeared to have manuals with clutches. Windy roads, narrow town streets, no problems for the drivers.

>buy an old school bus
>shorten it for lulz
>watch autists freak out about how it isn't "practical or efficient"

you have autism dude

we get 7.5t trucks with cummins 5.9l engines rated to 130hp, so less than half what they make in dodge trucks

It's probably a school bus mod project done by the high school auto shop class. Not actually used for hauling Veeky Forums posters to special ed.

Look at the roof, it's just a shitty photoshop you idiots

only the lucky ones

Auto 4 speeds and flat 6 volvo diesels

Those pieces don't fit together.

>International diesel tech here. this is true.

also come with cummins engines. all inline 6 cyl. some have been spec'd to have shit teir diesel v8's, MF7 naming one.