/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp • Decrypted Games: pastebin.com/4gm37Buj

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-SD card access from DS mode accomplished, still working out how to load roms. gbatemp.net/threads/413015/

>Wii U
-IOSU allegedly happening, update to 5.5.1 recommended. twitter.com/Mathew_Wi/status/766504663826870272
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-TheFlow0 is continuing to update and improve compatibility for Vitamin. bitbucket.org/TheOfficialFloW/vitamintwitter.com/TheFlow0
-The source and a writeup of the stage 2 exploit have been released. blog.xyz.is/2016/vita-netps-ioctl.html
-HENkaku release 3 is out, enables spoofing for PSN access, update blocking, and more. henkaku.xyz
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-A webkit exploit is available on firmware 3.55. github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Other urls found in this thread:

tp-link.com/en/products/details/TL-WN823N.html
blog.xyz.is/2016/vita-netps-ioctl.html
mega.nz/#!MNsWTBQK!fLmDcnKAeB7mx8Hp2w-XP00ommlSRFmV6uMNdRqR820
github.com/yellows8/3ds-totalcontrolhaxx
twitter.com/theflow0/status/771425473599504384
wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?p=399337
twitter.com/theflow0/status/771426330172919808
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First

>Fag

Decent Vita games to download?

>still no working Hearts R dump
>still no working Innocence R dump
>still no working Nova dump

Vanillaware games

do they not work or have people just not dumped them? because i have one of those english physical.

F 2nd where?!? X.x

anybody have a Gundam Breaker 2 vpk??

I'm not sure if this can be verified but I had some trouble with some of the dumped vita games because the x button wouldn't work but the arrow buttons did.
I saw an user mention that when you're transferring the .vpk to the vita don't let your vita's screen go off.
I can confirm since doing that everything seems to work.
Not sure if it's just a coincidence though but it may be worth just keeping an eye on your vita whilst your files transfer.

What the hell do I install on the vita with RetroArch? There's like 50 different options. I installed one of the first ones and started it. It does look like a homebrew, but then I install the dosbox one, and it looks that same. I'unno.

Is it true that the vita has been LITERALLY hacked now?

If so then one question, and one question only.

How hard is the hack to set up? I found the 3DS hack to be a pain in the ass to set up, so I'm curious if the Vita is the same.

JP Nep theme dumps when?

SO OKAY

OKAY

IF MY VITA GOES INTO SLEEP MODE WHEN THE GAME IS ON, THE SAVE BREAKS AND I CAN NO LONGER SAVE UNLESS I CLOSE THE GAME AND START AGAIN, RIGHT?

PROJECT DIVA F 2ND WHEN

What are you trying to install you dumb animefuck?

11 post into the new thread and you can't fucking read the OP?

it's the bets part of hacking a console

Its much easier than 3ds.

>tired of trying to fuck with QCMA
>try to do FTP
>1.1 MB/s
"FTP is slow" my ass. Can I have Molecule just running in the background or do I need to have it on the screen? What about sleep mode?

I've seen Hearts R around, but some people have claimed it doesn't work.

Vita is a fucking joke if you come from hacking a 3DS. You literally open your browser on Vita, click INSTALL and that's it.

>Folder is empty
Odd. I've had about five failed installs so far.
Lucky me I guess.

You go to henkaku.xyz and done

1.1 is ridiculously slow

that is slow user. this is copying rates.

The homebrew RetroArch I guess? The instructions you guys have are vague at best.

you just go to a website and click a button

not true. I fell asleep playing Senran multiple times last night and each time I woke up I was able to save.

Retroarch is a collection of emulators, you don't just install Retroarch, at least on the vita. What emulators are you trying to install?

My average download speed is 650 kb/s.
I mean I understand this is no match for proper wired data transfer but I was afraid it'd be something more drastic.
So, about FTP, what about the screen? Don't want burn-in or any of that scary shit, I have the 1000

Estival or Shinovi?

I was wondering of there was any way to restore an old Animal Crossing New Leaf save, one before the newest. Also backup?

Any happenings today?

The fuck is error xFFFFFFF when trying to install a package?

Estival Versus

hmm I guess I'm not sure now. I was following the instructions in your bins. Says to install your homebrew, I thought that was what RetroArch was.

Look, I'm just trying to run free games.

Bad dump. Wait for a better one.

mind sharing the link for estival?

vpk is fucked. probably a bad dump or your downloader fucked up and went offline while downloading.

just delete

>Nova
As in Phantasy Star Nova? I downloaded the one in the pastebin and I got to the opening cinematic just fine. Haven't had the time to play it yet, is there something wrong with it later on?

Rebirth 2 dump is about half done, no issues to speak of.

Coming from 3DS, are you not?
This little Chinese fucker's SoftAP tp-link.com/en/products/details/TL-WN823N.html gives me ~3 MB/s FTP speeds on average when I put it next to my Vita with USB extender.

>blog.xyz.is/2016/vita-netps-ioctl.html

i know the website says you have to go there everytime you reboot... is there a way to avoid having to do this? i'm worried what will happen when it's removed and/or if it could be used to put out malicious code

Tokyo ghoul jail dump yet

Read op

what pastebin, I tried multiple dumps but they always fail at 99%

im waiting too. also trying to figure what to have as my main menu music.l

i actually have tales of hearts R. i've never actually dumped anything in my life before, maybe i can try it if nobody else did it.

Offline installer.

that's why there's an offline installer, friend.

There's an offline exploit, but you have to install regular Henkaku first before you can set it up

Dumb animeposter
Just go to the Henkaku website and install it. its going to give you a new bubble. thats "homebrew"

press select and its going to give you an IP. download VPK's and put them in the ux0 folder over FTP or QCMA with the mp4 trick

>I've seen Hearts R around, but some people have claimed it doesn't work.
Can confirm seeing both. Didn't download, much less test because I own a cart myself.

If my installation failed, where is the directory so I can clean it?

PICROSS 3D 2 WHEN

What Vita games have the most yuri in them?

ux0:/ptmp
delete it.
relink anyone that answers this question to this post. why is this not on the pastebin already

mega.nz/#!MNsWTBQK!fLmDcnKAeB7mx8Hp2w-XP00ommlSRFmV6uMNdRqR820
This one worked for me.

>tfw swapped livescreen assets and app page assets to make it look like i had gotten the world ends with you on my vita
>make sure images are the same size and everything, edit param.sfo to change the title of the app
>when i tried install it i got xFFFFFFF error

how can i get this to work?

now that i look at this, i realized that the wallpapers got stretched. Fuck.

So after you install a game, can you use QCMA to transfer it to the PC like legit games?

Totori+ when
Gundam Breaker 2 when
Shin Dynasty Warriors Gundam JP when

github.com/yellows8/3ds-totalcontrolhaxx
WHAT DOES IT MEAN

gives 080101005 for me

Valkyrie Drive

Girls turning into weapons for their friend. The better your "friendship" the stronger the weapon.

how do you change the main menu music? can you do it manually or is it only theme based?

>unironically liking kusoge

twitter.com/theflow0/status/771425473599504384

Yes. I've been doing this for days now, downloading, installing and then backing up. They work fine once you transfer them back as well, no worries.

Atelier Arland series, Yoru no Nai Kuni, Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni. And I think Croixleur Sigma was kinda yuri, could be wrong.
Arguably Neptune series.

I tried swapping the live area assets for a game that showed as a "demo" with the retail assets while it was installed and the image on the live area didn't change.

Anyone know why?
The .png that was showing literally didn't exist any more.

wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?p=399337

I've got a Vita and I'm trying to bring the firmware up to 3.60 using QCMA. However when I have it connected and try to select update from PC, it just tells me I already have the latest firmware. Any help on this?

Same. I'm just about finished with what I want/can find. If only I could find Totori and Gundam Breaker 2...

SPEEEEEEED OF LIIIIIIIIIIGHHHHHHHT
so we can test faster

No idea what that's about. There was no magic involved; I just installed it like any other game.

GIVE IT ALL YOU GOT

>copying Muramasa 1.06 over Vita by renaming it to .mp4
>error FFFFFF something when install
Goddammit, the pastebin said it works.

use the refresh live area button

Both would be nice.

Other games work fine though, which is weird, and I have 8 gb of free space.

>tfw no one dumped Estival Versus with the latest update that has supposed performance fixes and free characters built in

Fucking hell. I wish Sony were as retarded as Nintendo so that we could just pirate updates and DLC.

Oh.
Thanks.

where can I get some cool themes? and for cool themes I mean good icons sets, no just bg pics

>it's literally 50/50
What the fuck?

I'm more concerned about having two identical steroid.suprx and having none of the legit .suprx files actually.
Add a configurable setting and an option of dumping just the decrypted eboot+steroid ffs.
We can recompress our zips-turned-vpk as we see fit ourselves anyway.

Why does no one dump any western games?
>Super Time Force Ultra
>Fez
>Broken Age
>XCOM
>Crypt of the Necrodancer
>Child of Light
>Skullgirls
>Alone With You
>Axiom Verge
>Grim Fandango Remaster
>EDF
>The Swindle

How do you dump games past 1.00?

rename it back to VPK

did it work?

Can someone please help me:
Im trying to hack my 3DS with the plailects guide and im on the part where you downgrade to 9.2.0 and when I do step 4 it just reboots itself not sure if thats supposed to happen but I just went along to step 10 and deleted 0000008f and put my sd back in 3DS and booted in up and it started up but my theme is changed and when I go to check the settings it still says im on 10.7, also i cannot hold down on the Dpad to get the homebrew launcher anymore.

What did I do wrong?

twitter.com/theflow0/status/771426330172919808

Appreciate the information.

Is there a link to the offline installer around here, or a repository with all the useful utilities/files i might want?

(Not trying to be a newb.. but if there was a tutorial anywhere, I'd follow it. My VITA has never been updated, sitting in its box since purchase.. waiting for this moment. I don't want to fuck it up.)

I appreciate the help guys.

who cares about 2 ffs

I'm surprised no one has a copy of its updated version and dump it.
Or maybe they're all on 3.61.

Ability to toggle between the two would be ideal, but forced to choose I'd rather have the faster option. The space a .vpk takes up is only temporary, and since you can strip them of assets to minimize size anyway, it hardly matters.

Thankfully because if you dump with the updates I won't be able to play on my poor man's 4gb card.

If we ever get reactpsn for the vita, we'll have it

So if I were to install nep with the modules, where would I put the data,eboot.bin,sce_module and sce_says folders?
Would I have to do the same with nep uno and nep two?

Oh good, did that already. Guess I need to figure out what the mp4 trick is now.

Thanks buddy.