/scg/edg/ Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous General #35

Previous thread: Welcome to the merged generals of Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen.

Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Gamescom info:
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg

>2.5 LIVE btw
Referral code randomize:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

If it doesn't have a general, post it here; just don't get upset about sharing. If it DOES have a general, please go. We don't need your baggage.
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/305822/katamari-mega-thread-elite-dangerous/p1433
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14684-Hull-B
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14677-Cargo-Interaction
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When you're far enough out in the middle of nowhere chances are pretty good the only steady stream of resources are the kind you strip off of dead space ships.

Xth for desert planet with giant sandworms that force you to walk over scrap and hardground only

like that level in jedi academy

Ah good times. God tier game

>The Fuel Rats already exist. To be fair I can see how deep-space rescue missions would be fun if you like exploration and want more organic objectives.
I'd get a Starfarer if refueling/repairing stranded ships were a thing. Would get to see the insides of a larger variety of ships than if I was just doing combat or trade related stuff. On the other hand, would depend on how expensive it'd be to replace the ship.

How powerful would man portable railgun be? S1 equivalent or less?

Best ship.

So is it worth it to download SC now?
I haven't been following it too closely but it looks like there's progression and stuff to do now.

>So is it worth it to download SC now?
Nah the netcode is still a shit for now

Check back l8r m8r

Cool. Also I remember they had said something about Avenger reworking I think, is that still a thing or am I crazy?

>that new ATV
>that guy with the heavy Russian accent whose name is Gary Sanchez
You can't make this shit up

>the life of a 2013 grounded spaceman

And using the ramp to climb onto the Freelancer's roof

>With that mandate were the seeds lain for the purging of female descendants from the Duval line forever. Indeed, genetic measures began only two decades later to ensure that no female would be heir to the empire.
What went wrong?

Tranny rights, Aisling Duval was born male.

ground vehicles are gonna be hell to balance if they actually let us run close support
to be honest I expect most of the ships to be reworked

>Find the ED thread on RSI forums
>Even there are dads are complaining that player killers need to be banned

Jesus fucking christ

>it's a nobody knows where to post episodic content installment

link b0ss

forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/305822/katamari-mega-thread-elite-dangerous/p1433

the other thread was on page 8 or 9 last I checked. Who the fuck revived it?

I'm no expert but I think I've got a decent understanding of the physics involved, and my guess would be less powerful than conventional weapons of similar size.
Railguns require a huge power source and a long track.
Superconductors would make them a bit better by increasing the current, but you'd need an Iron Man style fusion generator to power the thing and you still probably couldn't use an explosive shell (pretty much everything goes off with that kind of G-force, which is why the Navy uses solid metal projectiles), meaning you've got the armor piercing part but not the important part wherre the shell then explodes inside. You're not gonna get the Navy's mach 5 muzzle velocities with a two-foot rail, so rocket launchers would likely pack more of a punch at that scale.

tbqhwyf the game would be much better off if 90% of people in SDC were perma banned from Open.

some namefag keeps bumping it

What's everybody's setup looking like?

Arissa was born out of an affair and her claim only became legitimate when her mother married the Emperor later, and Aisling's father was declared unfit for the throne, so his line was discredited until Hengist died without a clear heir.

It's probably still better than the SC thread on the FDev forums.

I did laugh when half the SDC members were banned from E:D after someone complained, the posts on the cheatengine forum was hillarious. They were whining about not using cheats in open or "I haven't cheated in a whole week, this is unfair!". Apparently Fdev has been cracking down on them.

If they don't cheat, they don't deserve a fucking banning. Killing people that think they're in a safe space isn't cheating.

Oh, the one that keeps getting locked constantly because all people do is meme post about scams and derek smart?

>If they don't cheat, they don't deserve a fucking banning.
But they did.

holy fucking shit

>that belly

Goddamn, the vision is real.

>implying you'll get a good roll with that MEF
>implying anyone has ever gotten a good roll on G5 OCed MCs no matter how many rolls they do
>implying zirconium even exists on the planets it says it does
>implying I'm not sliding a glock between my teeth as we speak

These are lovely paint jobs but who would pay 5$ for a paint job on a Type-6, it's a temporary thing players buy before they can buy an Asp.

>implying each and every one of those won't go towards a favor'd incendiary across my fer de lance and cutter, literally just shitting out a full arsenal of experimental weapons by bringing the materials to immediately increase your rank back up to five with each expenditure and doing it six or seven times on the spot

one more drop and i'm done. one more drop and there's room for rerolls and even consideration of lasers if i could get a decent PD on the cutter from the dweller.

Re...taliayyy...?

all the more to love

will pirates/scavengers be able to move those huge cargo containers? The little boxes you can lift, sure, but didn't they say the big ones could be autoplaced? The audio fucked up in the video and I couldn't tell

>tfw no sexbots

You think Chris would really put them in the game, jokes aside?

BARFK BARFK

so do we know how big a the cargo units are?

Yeah I'm just fucking with you. Good luck user, hope you get rolls worth spending favour on.

I eventually got four G5 MCs with 90%+ damage rolls which I favoured for experimental effects but I'm still salty at my six hour zirconium hunt.

2.7% my ass, Braben.

Is it weird this gives me a boner? Hauling cargo is going to be radical.

generic slaves maybe

meters

I would love to have like a pet lizard parrot or monkey ferret.

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14684-Hull-B

from what we know 1 unit is the small case picked up from the 3.0 demo. satrfarer- Cargo Capacity 3321

rip Paddington, you will never be forgotten

they really should update all the ships with how much cargo space they have.

maybe they'll do that when 3.0 comes out.
but probably not.

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14677-Cargo-Interaction

I was a bit surprised from the video. It looks like you can really pack things in there. So does it come down to space or weight? Because I could technically start stuffing those little square crates from the 3.0 demo into bunks and showers and stuff right? I could just stack them around my bedroom.

pretty much. the only wiegh issue your going to run in to is it will add the the ships weight/flight dynamics.

The idea is that the moment you start flying hard anything that isn't mag-locked to defined cargo areas is going to start bouncing around and decapitating people.

Pleasure Borgs were an illegal commodity in Erins game, Privateer 2, so maybe.

>The world's oldest profession has transmogrified itself into one of the world's most lucrative industries. A mid-range pleasure borg can provide any service available from a traditional professional, and when it's not working it can be turned off, disassembled and kept in a convenient, semi-portable carton - incidental upkeep is significantly less, by comparison.

I just remembered smuggling will be a thing too so secret smuggling compartments.

I think I might play a smuggler.

>literally objectifying women

> six hour zirconium hunt
Just find a barnacle that drops zirconium.

I mean, technically they are objects. And it doesn't hurt anyone because they aren't sentient right?

I know, it's great.

>literally womanifyng objects

Now I'm wondering if they were illegal because straw feminists cried about science disenfranchising their vaginas or if it's because the government realized birth rates would plummet when every man had access to low-maintenance sex machines.

>womanly literafying objects

Have we seen cloth physics anywhere before? I don't remember

Probably illegal for the same reason Weed is illegal today, it's a great way for a government to make money.

I for one and glad Chris has an autism boner for IMMERSIVE! HOLISTIC! LIVING UNIVERSE!'s.

I don't mean to fanboy but dammit, just when I think it's impossible they show off some crazy shit.

What's the fastest way to make monies with an Asp Explorer since Sothis/Ceos is patched out

It was patched out?

no
I literally just finished a Sothis run

But the U.S. doesn't make any money by making it illegal, the private prisons do. The government itself is losing a ton of potential revenue for keeping it from being legalized and regulated.

I'm talking about the sweet, sweet bribe money from the private prison lobbyists.

Thats not the government, its individuals working for the government.

I'm on a sothis/ceos run right now.

Does anyone want modular terminals? I have 3 extras.

Nope, apparently it makes you consider real women even more as objects... for some reason.

Basically, image of sexy lady that a real woman isn't somehow profiting from = sexist.

The war on drugs is hugely profitable for state and local government, as well as law enforcement.

don't forget kickbacks from the tobacco, textile and drug companies.

Should FDEV remove rebuy from the game? Every time you die you'll lose everything and start in a free Sidewinder.

Can't argue with a 100% conviction rate

The addition of a hardcore mode? Sure.

I figured out why women would be against sexbots.

You might be thinking, sexbots. Everyone can benefit from that. They'd make male and female ones. But men can get everything they need out of one and still be self sufficient. Women can't have the male sexbot work for them and make money. Also they can't arbitrarily hurt their feelings and break their hearts on a sadistic whim.

Fucking bitch. I loved you and you did that to me fufhdhdfhgdf!!11!!

>image of sexy lady that a real woman isn't somehow profiting from = sexist.

user pls. Real life posters and images of women get shit on consistently even though the women involved makes profit from them

Basically, image of a sexy lady = sexist (when it suits me)

also

SPACE LEGS WHEN

Should RSI remove insurance from the game? Every time you die you'll lose everything and start in a free Aurora.

wtf we told you about 3dpd

>bio-waste
>al-saud city
why yes I do

I learned my lesson the hard way. Nothing can break my heart now that it's cold and dead.

There's a thread on the gulag with that title. Total shitstorm.

>I loved you and you did that to me
I didn't come here to remember
>it will never be like before shit went downhill

Give your heart to a dude. Fucking women is for fags.

?

you will never regain your mana

posting for a friend :^)

If he does, even if it's just descriptions of the cargo, I hope the sex bots come in every shape imaginable. I want to secret societies like Eyes Wide Shut that partake in the most obscene acts imaginable, made legal because of programmable robots that come in every type of shape imaginable.

Even if it's just fluff, it would make the world just that much deeper.

I never understand the ancient alien people.

Why in the fuck would advanced space faring aliens help us build stone statues and triangle buildings instead of advanced super structures?

If modern humans were around back then then what was stopping them from teaching us enough to know to be up to the point we are today five thousand years ago?

He said before that we could open cargo crates and see what's inside, or take it out. Unless the inside of the sexbot crates is just a cardboard refrigerator box.