Chevy SS

Hey Veeky Forums

Can anyone enlighten me on what's wrong with the car in mention?

What I see is, it's almost perfect for my needs but they are so rare that I am thinking maybe the reliability is bad?

Most reviews are glowing on it.

>GM
There's your problem.

Great drivetrain and chassis, stupid overpriced body and interiour

Ls3 and a bunch of other standard GM stuff so pretty cheap and easy to work on unless you break one of the holden pieces and actually need it shipped from Australia.

It's a good car. People don't buy it because its not German or because it looks kinda like a Malibu.

graeat car or sleeper and it doesn't have issues with reliability it just looks a bit boring but I still like it tho

normie with no clue about cars spotted

There isn't a ton wrong with it, but a couple things:

Looks like a Malibu, and most people dropping 50 grand on a car want it to look like something that isn't a Malibu.

The interior feels like a top trim Malibu, which ain'r great.

Also, the performance sedan is already a pretty narrow market. The WRX covers the low end and AMG/M/Cadillac the high end, so for the SS you have this sort of weird market segment of people who want performance in a semi-sleeper look, but don't really care about aesthetics or interior or luxury or status.

It's also Australian, and nobody likes those guys.

If they are doing the same shit as they did with the G8 then its way overpriced compared to the Australian equivalent, and needs a manual transmission in all trim levels.

It's a speedy malibu

The Corvette is faster and the same price.

If you want a sports sedan for that price get an m2 or a Giulia

>gay furry NEET's opinion holding any weight
Let's not stroke our ego too much with replies to your own posts captioned "BTFO"

>m2
kek
>everyone who hates gm is me
B'awwwwww are you still mad at wittle ol me?

>M2
cuckmobile

Spend the extra 15k and just get an ats-v

Or actually just spend 13k less and get a Camaro SS so you get the superior chassis but still have a v8

From what I can tell, they're the new must-have car if you live in the D.C. suburbs and work in management.

You can get some killer lease deals on those. Super low mileage but if its a second car thats perfect.

>camaro
>superior

were you dropped on the head at birth?

The new camaro chassis is top tier, still looks like a turd though, driven by them too.

the 2016 camaro SS is WAY faster than the Holden SS.
better track performance
better acceleration
better mpg
cheaper
better interior

but i'd still choose the Holden rebadge SS

I'd prefer a vf gts

Ok, I'm normally not one to lose my shit at small windows but good lord... what the fuck is that?

I can't attest to the new camaros, but I can't imagine it's fun. I feel as my c5 windows are tiny enough as it is. Drive thrus are a bitch as you can't get your arm through without folding it.

It's just a fucking commodore, reliability is great. Vf is better than that ve based thing though. Miles better in fact.

The correct answer is get a CPO 2014 CTS V Sport for $35k-$40k instead.

i'd probably get one if anything happened to my 2010 SHO, but right now this thing is the perfect sleeper vehicle OP. got it for like 17k and the car is literally flawless. plus twin turbo awd is one hell of a drug

if you don't want to spend a fuckton on a 4 door with a lot of power get one of these

Reliability is good. In Australia we drive heaps of these under a different name. I understand they're a bit overpriced for what you get in the States though.

Thanks for all the replies. Looking online, is the impala interior really that bad on top level trim? Never been in one.

Finding a 4 door manual with an aggressive engine is surprisingly difficult. I guess it is overpriced a bit for what you get.

I'm in Dallas area and I've seen this car once.

Somewhat surprising considering a lot of what the internet tells me is Texas has a huge v8 scene