/dbdg/ - Dead by Daylight General

No Items for Killers Edition

Previous Thread >What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>Sounds like evolve
It's not. Survivors have to avoid the killer at all costs, whereas the killer has to hunt for them. Everyone has their own objective.

>General info
Pastebin with most questions asked: pastebin.com/DDddy4uE
Pastebin with all of the values (perks/items/whatnot): pastebin.com/vCh6gxR6
Wiki:
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki
Saved game with everything unlocked or whatever: mediafire.com/download/3qmzt3ok3p47xqw/TakeTHATsociety.profje

>Official site
deadbydaylight.com/

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (v1.1.0c)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/361798516941866683/

>Report hackers
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/358415206087328621/

>Report bugs
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/7/

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Ad9y9Rtp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for shitty, useless streams

Killers get add-ons, not items.

Exactly what add-ons?

Official "fun had against various killers" rankings:

Hillbilly > Nurse > Trapper > Wraith

Hillbilly is all intense all the time. Easily the most fun killer to face. You're brightening someone's day when you play Hillbilly.

Nurse is spooky and tense. Powerful but manageable.

Trapper is annoying because all your idiot teammates will fall into traps while trying for a basement rescue and the Trapper is hard to get away from once he sees you because he has no gimmicks like the chainsaw or blink for you to exploit.

Wraith is auto-win for survivors. Expect lots of lag, and whoever does end up getting hooked will be camped relentlessly.

Yes. The point is killers have had nothing shown off for them. This has been said several times. Fuck off you idiot.

>Nurse
>fun to play against

I dunno

Get your terminology right before calling someone else an idiot.

>want to play some games as the trapper
>he's level 1
>can't possibly justify investing bloodpoints into him when I still need to put dozens of hours worth of them into other killers for their teachables
>keep grinding wraith and nurse instead

good game design

>actually grinding on this game
You know there's a thing called cheat engine right?

>"No, you're stupid! I only had it explained to me that everyone knows that killer items = add-ons, but I felt the need to shitpost about semantics anyway! You're so stupid!"
Neck yourself, please, I can't imagine anyone enjoying being around you.

Why would I keep playing without the carrot on a stick? It's a bad game and the developers hate me.

>playing for the grind
So you hate yourself. Try playing for fun next time.

But the game isn't fun.

But the game rewards other players for actively making the game less fun for me

Stop playing survivor then, killer is fun.

>Killer is fun
The devs are trying their best to fix this bug, don't worry.

>can't even get small details right
>expects anyone to take him seriously

Sasuga

What is this new stuff? Where's the info?

New flashlight with unspecified power
Broken Key that functions like a Skeleton Key but cannot open the hatch
Rainbow Map that comes with addons that let you track everything

From the latest stream where after sweating for 40 minutes the devs finally decided to do something and show off new items. They also said they'd add stuff for killers but showed off nothing, presumably just to piss off whatever few killers remain. The flashlight does "something," the key is a shitty skeleton key that can't open hatches but can still use the add-ons that let you see the killer and whatever, the map lets you see the most shit out of any other map with add-ons.

Stuck like this for a few minutes then the camera rotated like normal and everything was fine.

>killer is fun.

HAHAHA

For now.

Remember how fun the beta was? When we could only reach level 6 and the trapper was the only killer?

Meg was just wondering why some faggot was playing as a girl character and wanted to give you the ol stink eye

I remember that the shack had an infinite loop in it that everyone abused if the trapper didn't set twenty traps around the fucking thing. But at least there wasn't sabotage. I'd take the shack loop back if sabotage was removed entirely.

I play Meg because I want to eat her butthole.

That's because you couldn't run meme builds.

None of them are bathed and are wearing dirty clothing.

That makes it better

>Survivors get mad when I drift into them

I may drop the game when the devs fix that. The way they made a new pseudo infinite on the farm maps, displacing an interesting area with an interesting strategy of mindgaming, suggests that any depth or skill requirement the game may possess is entirely accidental.

>killers get mad when I infinite them

Not so hot all of a sudden now are you driftbilly.

The whole point of the chainsaw is that it lets you down people before they get to infinites and jungle gyms and other places where you're forced to spend 3-5 minutes catching them with your hammer.

>Map of Rainbows
Permanently mark the killer's aura for every survivor. Permanently show every survivor's auras to everyone for else. Instantly highlight everything on the map without even needing to look for it. Add-ons highlight all infinijuke spots. Infinite durability.

>Key of Life
Opens the Entity's heart - when on the hook, use the key to instantly escape the hook and destroy it in the process, making you also become invulnerable for the rest of the match. Instantly open up any boarded window on the fly for the rest of the match. Add-ons allow you to instantly open the exit gates without generators and allow you to create windows everywhere on the spot. Infinite durability.

>Flashlight of Death
If you flash this at yourself or at a fellow survivor, your/their wounds are instantly cauterized and you/they are immediately healed fully. If you flash this anywhere in a 72-meter radius of the killer, they are blinded for 1 hour. Add-ons allow you to instantly kill him, granting every survivor (alive or dead) three pips and banning the killer from the game for BM and prolonging the match. The flashlight looks like pic related. Infinite durability.

I kek'd hard

This matchmaking system is fucking terrible.

The point is driftbilly is an unintended bug and needs to be removed just as much as infinites and you're no better than the survivors who infinite for using it.

Funny how Driftbilly is as bad as infinijukes, yet only one is those is getting patched, huh? :)

They even added more infinites with the Asylum. Well done, devs.

I'd assume the infinites are also getting patched somehow and they just didn't happen to be mentioned like driftbilly was.

Not only that, they literally took out the entire strategic mindgame portion of the tractor because survivors were assblasted that the killer was actually able to outsmart them, replacing it WITH AN INFINIJUKE.

You're incredibly naive if you actually think that.

you're assuming a lot

>Driftbilly
Fun
>Infinites
Not fun for anyone involved

:^(

It took them a while, but they did fix a number of the old infinites before adding in two more. Cheer up anons, it'll get better.

They're really wasn't a lot of strategy to the combine, it was never good for survivors to create distance from the killer in the first place.

Yeah but they didn't at all, they just made them randomly accessible

Ironworks is still there, Abbatoir is still there, silo is random but can still be there, etc. etc.

The only one they really fixed as far as I know is the bus, the shack, and coal tower. And even then I'm not 100% sure on the former 2

Yeah it's real fun when you can get downed in 1 hit no matter what you do (obviously not every single time) given one condition being met: You were seen once.

I guess you can say the reason that like 80% of games i play while i've been ranking up survivor the past few days have been Hillbilly because it's fun, for the killer. Because they're abusing a bug, It's similar (though not entirely the same) to infinites

Coal towers, blood lodge, killer shack and cow tree are gone for good, so four removed with two added is not bad in my book.

Driftbilly isn't fun for the survivor getting whacked when you turn a 90 degree angle

>Coal towers, blood lodge, killer shack and cow tree are gone for good
Bullshit. I've had games on Coal Tower where the infinite was worse than it was at release.

The best part is that you can do just fine without all this bug/infinite abuse. I'm proof of that along with I'm sure tons of people who aren't as vocal as madbads

Fixing some of them really isn't good enough. There shouldn't be maps killers fucking /dread/ going to. It's their fucking playhouse. The only time I see survivors ever go "Ah fuck it's THIS map" is Shelter woods, and that's because it's a genuinely shit map with shit juke spots, generally shit generator placement and basically zero pallets

The stumble mechanic killed that, even with the perk that negates stumbles.

I make Asylum my bitch with my Driftbilly skillz.

Shelter Woods really is a shit map, you basically have to crouch walk everywhere or the killer will see you bumbling around from a mile away. Then when people pointed out Asylum is a shit map, survivors cried and said that it was "fair payback" for Shelter Woods. That's the dev's strategy: so long as both sides are getting sour grapes from each other's misery, no one will point out that the devs are hopelessly incompetent!

Sure but that's the thing, there are still far more maps with infinites, even infinites that require RNG with boarded window placement is still fucking garbage.

Suffocation pit makes me want to fucking blow my brains out

>tfw don't want driftbilly fixed for no real reason other than the enjoyment of steering him

the 90 degree angles are fucking dumb and all but I just want to do donuts in the cornfield man

Who said anything about falling from the second floor?

That's the only way to infinite on coal tower with only one window unless you're bad at lunging.

Irrelevant. It had more strategy than it does now. It also wasn't an infinijuke.
You're heavily overexaggerating.

He's not. You can absolutely do 90 degree turns during the opening second or so of movement grace before you're locked into the direction once the chainsaw starts

Nonsense. You can have games where there's one window, with a massive pile of crap around both sides of the window giving them tons of time to get away.

Yeah, I just imagined that skillbilly turning a corner around a generator I used to block him and knocking me down anyway.

Not really, there were two choices for the survivor using the combine before. Get fucked, or get really fucked. The hay bales were supposed to make the combine actual viable to use, the it being an infinite thing was unintended.

Chase him, you'll catch him.

well, since killers have nothing to look forward to maybe the next chapters will placate you guys. it's going to be about the killers pre-murder mode, and I'm gonna try dialogue next.

here's Nea, the second to last survivor story.
pastebin.com/Ad9y9Rtp

next chapter will be a transitionary one to the killers'.

maybe dont use the fucking combine

I didn't then and I don't now unless it's the only thing nearby and even then only to create distance.

Show me a video of someone being chased down here.

Where the fuck would I find that

Drive-bys? In Sweden?

Well, since it's so easy and definitely not an infinite, I'm sure you could record it yourself.

Swedish drive-bys, bro. Real horrifying shit.

Swedish drive-bys is actually strangers trying to be social with you. Horrifying.

Oh I just assumed you had a video of one of your Twitch steamers proving that it wasn't

>apologize for abusing an infinite to a guy
>He replies thats why I camp y'alls faggot asses
>Killed 2 people but then only walked away with 8k points
Campers are literally mentally ill and don't understand the gameplay loop.

>apologize for abusing an infinite to a guy

haha whoops i kicked you in the cock, sorry man xd

oh shit, I'm sorry

>90 degrees
>Drift billy

Maybe at start up, but you absolutely cannot do a 90 degree turn once you're well into chainsaw sprint.

Even then, you can still do the same thing without drifting.

YOU KNOW WHAT'S FUN?

WHEN EVERY FUCKING SURVIVOR IS RUNNING THE SAME OVERPOWERED PERK BUILD

WHEN EVERY FUCKING SURVIVOR IS IN CONSTANT COMMUNICATION

WHEN EVERY FUCKING SURVIVOR IS RELAYING MY EVERY FUCKING MOVE

WHEN EVERY FUCKING SURVIVOR IS A PIECE OF SHIT

THAT'S FUN FOR ME

He started it by camping desu senpai.

lol but u pipped??

>The two are comparable

Hey buddy, I think you got the wrong door. The survivor hugbox steam forums are two blocks down.

He stood next to my hooked buddy while two of us I ran around him trying to bait him so that mean I can abuse infintes and be a subhuman piece of trash.

>Thinking "Im not going to let you play the game XD" Isn't comparable to "I'm not going to let you play the game XD"
what ever stay a cuck.

That's the smart thing to do. You wanna do a rescue? Make it look like you aren't anywhere near the hook.

Wew someones salty they don't understand the game. You get objectively better results if you don't camp.
>BUT I WANT THIS ONE KILL DADDY WHO CARES IF THEY POP SEVEN GENNYS
Sad.

The only common thing between the two is that the killer gives up every aspect of his map presence to waste his time with one person. I'd say try not to be a retard but given how you seriously think a literal, directly words from the dev, exploit is the same as the killer willingly losing the game I think I'd be asking too much of you.

Nothing makes survivor cucks more mad than a killer that doesn't care about pips.

It makes me sad that they are this bad at the game. Nothing worse then watching a level 20 killer assure he will stays there forever.

>Sprint behind the killer like a retard
>Try and be an epic memester and do an incredibly obvious bait
>"Well, it's pretty obvious that none of these survivors are doing anything other than trying to dick around with me. So they're not doing generators, so I have no reason to stray too far away from the hooked survivor"
>You not incentivizing him to leave is the killer's fault

>>>/steam forums/

Rank 1 kiddo.

>killer
>hook some fag
>all 3 of his friends rush the hook
>don't actually try to unhook him
>literally pressing themselves against me
>just trying to bait me into hitting one of them so they can unhook him during the cooldown
>figure I'll just wait for my best opportunity and then get him when he's unhooked
>nope
>his sprint burst was ready
>sprints to a pallet chain
>self heals and teabags with every pallet
>all of them do this
>this is every match in the game now

The game isn't even fun anymore. SWF cannot be justified. Voice chat cannot be justified. You want to cheat with your friends? Get a fifth and play with each other.

What are you talking about I run around him for like a second see he isn't leaving and get my 80k points for boldness.

>assure
It's "ensure", but you're retarded, so I don't expect you to be able to spell anyway.

as·sure
verb
"make (something) certain to happen."
synonyms: ensure

You honestly should have just waited for him to expire on the hook so you could chainsaw one or two of those faggots and let the cycle continue.

>but I'm playing Trapper
Sorry, smack them twice with your piddly little twig like the ponce you are. Or pretend to set a trap so that one of them goes in for the save and you can pull them off. Yeah, the other faggots will unhook the faggot on the hook, but that's great, then you can hook the faggot on your shoulder and let the cycle continue until they either get the clue and fuck off OR are all hooked thrice.
>but I'm playing Wraith
Literally kys.
>but I'm playing Nurse
Then you shouldn't even give 1/10th of a fuck, you can animation cancel during Blink or some shit.