It's a luxury car not a sports car

ugly as fuck
boring as fuck

Improved over previous gen

>implying this matters

yes

>implying the lexus symbol doesnt get bitches wet

>not dumping $25k in sik modz on current car instead

Would rather have the bmw, or cadillac equivalent. Those are more sports cars than luxury, unlike that ugly pos you have

>bmw
>reliability comes nowhere near lexus

>cadillac
>cheap plastic interior
>shits the bed in less than 5 years

That post alone tells me youve never driven any of these 3 brands

>cadillac

For the same price you can get a good condition Citroen DS.

Stand up, stand out.

>he needs reliability on a car thats CPO with a warranty
IS250 has an anemic 4 cyl and is ugly as hell

you cannot buy one for about 25 thousand dollars

also please waste your money, it just removes you from my way on my pathway to success

>2014 is350 for ~25k

They're that cheap already?

Jeez, that's worse than Ford, GM, or Chrysler.

Keep dreaming poorfag, only one I havent driven is actually the lexus. Reliability on a sports sedan is for losers, they are only good for the first few years of their life anyway.

>he drives shit american and german cars so much that he thinks its normal for sports sedans to only be good for the first few years of their life

Wow, hows it feel needing to get a new car after 75k miles because you're so used to buying from shit manufacturers?

Whatevs bro, Ill take my better-in-every-way-except-reliability german or american car over that nip shit. Also I just googled the interior and it looks like shit, just like the outside. Just get a mazda if you want reliable.

>better in every way
>literally shit cars

Ok bud

Not unlike most Hondas

how does this look like shit?

you are a stupid brand whore who is basiclly saying because its a lexus its reliable which is an assumption that will not always be true

you are a stupid fucking racist who is just as bad as the other guy but for a totally different reason

I DONT LIKE A CAR
ITS AUTOMATICLLY SHIT

Except Lexus is literally the most reliable

the buttons out of a corolla on a car over 25k

dat awkward start button placement

driver seat is a smashed cockpit

NSA APPROVED INFOTAINMENT

Don't even ask Veeky Forums their opinion on cars, everything said here is contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

Not to mention there's more bus passes here than cars.

but what does that have to do with looks?

>fake plastic chrome stuff everywhere
>analog clock
>sooo many buttons everywhere
>crappy materials
>no real flow

>implying the lexus symbol doesnt get bitches wet
Where the fuck are you from? rural Alabama? Go to a non poorfag area and there is shitloads of Lexus,BMW,MB. Anything that isnt an exotic or unique wont do shit dude.

>muh buttons
Holy shit adding functionality to a car other than a gas pedal? How horrible. When I buy a car I only expect a steering wheel and gas pedals, anything else is too much for me to handle at once while I drive

Nothing wrong with more functionality, but it should be presented in a visually pleasing way, like every other entry level """"""luxury""""" car.

My 7th gen civic si pulls in 2 times as many bitches as a Lexass

But I guess 2 times 0 is still 0

Looks awful. First gen a best. The new ones are all driven by middle aged Asian men.

>Go to a non poorfag area and there is shitloads of Lexus,BMW,MB. Anything that isnt an exotic or unique wont do shit dude.
>Wants girls who only want his money

Get a used TLX (:

That spool grill is hideous.
Can't get past how ugly and cheap looking it is to even consider it.

>>Go to a non poorfag area and there is shitloads of Lexus,BMW,MB. Anything that isnt an exotic or unique wont do shit dude.
not op but those are the sluttiest (and hottesT) you poor fag

When did braun start designing cars?

Because you literally can't buy a 2014 IS350 for ~25k unless the mileage is over the top retarded and/or salvage title.

>Not getting this instead

Was just about to make a similar thread!

Considering dumping my 2007 IS350 for a 2015 IS350 F-Sport. The overall driving dynamics are supposedly much improved from 2IS, but still trying to decide if losing some straight-line performance would bother me...

Lexus boards are saying 3IS doesn't quite have that "neck-snapping" acceleration present in the 2IS.

still auto

>Improved over previous gen
It's a very polarizing design, which seems to have grown on some people, but I prefer the more conservative lines on the 2IS.

>basiclly saying because its a lexus its reliable which is an assumption that will not always be true
Doesn't Lexus place at or near the top of dependability charts year-after-year? Unless it's a lemon, why would't it be reliable?

>7th gen civic si
>pulls in 2 times as many bitches as a Lexus

The kind of chick that gets moist over a Civic is probably trash. Enjoy, sir.

I'd be all over the RC 350 if it actually performed. It's too heavy and bloated to be worth a damn.

I love the sloped center console. That's definitely my favorite part. Makes it feel like you're driving something fancier than it is. Never been a fan of analogue clocks though. It's a stupid gimmick.

Not that it's a HUGE deal, but the two cupholders are much appreciated. I hate that my 2IS really only has one usable cupholder.

It looks like this radical, exotic couple, yet only does 0-60 in 5.9 seconds. Very disappointing.

Completely inexcusable that Lexus is literally using the same 3.5L from 2006 in their new cars. It at least needs to be tweaked a bit to compensate for increased curb weight.

I'm with this guy, the IS has the ugliest face in automotive history.

I know it looks like the aftermath of hitting a signpost, but believe it or not, they actually designed it to look that way.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is with the squished headlights and those separate LED lights. Maybe the combination looks cool at night?

IDK, I see that front end and this is what I think.

And yeah, wtf with the separate drl's.

Just look at it, couldn't pay me 25k to daily that garbadge.

Why have that when you could have a Cadillac CTS or ATS for the same money and get some personality with your new car, that Lexus is for spoiled asian teens and their mothers who run nail salons.

Or get the intro Mercedes or a used C class, or consider a used 5 series or a new 3 series for the same money.

>rwd
>300hp
>Independent suspension
>clever diff
>low profile, customizable suspension

This car isn't a track star but to say it's boring is simply biased.

>slower than previous generation
>fucking why?

Why not buy a 2nd gen for half the cost? Interior is nicer on the new one, but it's not worth paying 12k for interior.

>implying it's not supposed to be a sporty luxury car

I'd say that 8-speed transmission is the culprit. I believe it needs to shift maybe three times before reaching 60 MPH, whereas the 2IS only needs two shifts.

The 2IS's first gear is fucking savage.

Not a Toyota fan, but gotta admit that's sexy as fuck.

>0-60 4.4 seconds

lexus.com/models/RCF/specifications

>2014 is350 for ~25k

As others have stated, there's really no way you're gonna find it for that price. Cheapest used ones I'm seeing are in the 30's.

>rear end someone @ 2 mph
>10k in damages
>to your own car

Ehhh, calm down. Thought it was the 350. That's what I was referring to.
*walks away*

>not deserving all the damage you get for rearending someone in the first place

Who says manuals can't be luxury? There's a world of difference between an FWD shitbox's sloppy cable-operated shifter+5sp and a crisp gated shifter+6+sp.

Good engineering can turn the crunch stick into a cloud ride unless you're really fucking shit at driving, in which case it's wasted. Luxury is not necessarily something that can make any faggot willing to put down the cash feel like a millionaire. It's just a premium experience, even if it relies on you being a luxury person to match.

Shit happens

>25k

>not getting an c5 or c6 corvette
>clean ls swapped or rotary rx7 fd

>any number of better faster cars

I wish it had manual too, but it sounds like the F-Sport's paddle shifters are pretty slick. A decent compromise if you have to sit in traffic every day.

>lists the most uncomfortable cars on the road

Clearly he's not looking for something that vibrates on anything but a freshly paved road

>any number of better faster cars
OP never stated exactly what he's looking for in a car. Speed might not be his #1 priority.

who doesnt like getting their taint or pussy tickled?

Don't base Vette's actually have a pretty decent ride, or am I mistaken?

Mistaken, I have a c5, its stiff as a god damn board. I totally get the appeal of a Lexus/luxury brand

>shitvette

Isn't this thing literally a Toyota Carolla with a lexus frame?

How are speed bumps? Do you have to go over at an angle like a stancefag?

>Toyota Corolla
>with a Lexus frame

You do realize that a different frame means it's a different car, right?

Also the ES is a Camry, even the quarter panels are still stamped with Toyota

Not at all. You're thinking of ES.

I do to avoid embarrassingly audibly scraping the air dam, you don't have to though, it's on a spring board so it goes back when hit.

here
Fun fact, the user manual says to avoid braking if going over a bump as the front dips down, so I accelerate
Kek

Funny to say in this particular thread, but I'm considering moving from a Lexus to a C6 Vette :-)

07 or later, they made improvements

Seems so hard to find anything other than 05-06 for sale. Faaawk

Any particular options I should look for on the C6? So far I just know I want heated seats and nav :-P

No idea m8, if it's anything like other generations, look for a z51 package

If you're a middle aged Asian woman, it's the perfect car for you. Go for it!!!

You're making it seem like driving a manual takes actual skill.
My arthritis grandma can do it. Does that make her a luxury lady? I don't think so.

People on here are so autistic about transmission choice. I drove manual for 10 years and recently got auto w/ paddle shifters. Sometimes I miss it, but it's really not that big a deal.

Congradulations, a cop will pull you over instead of me. Have fun get butt raped by Bubba overnight in the county slammer

>posts RC F
>talks about the RC 350

Essentially the same as
>posting an M4
>talks about the 428i

Bit of an old man car. Good choice if you just want a low-maintenance comfy daily. Not so great if you want something fun.

Lexus mechanic here AMA

She can do it, but can she do it well enough to justify a premium transmission?

Probably not. If so, your grandma is a fucking luxury lady.

Remember when I said zero? I dont. Guess I didn't.

Girls who are attracted by cars are trash anyways. Anybody who buys a car for pussy is probably living a prosperous, satisfying life that they definitely aren't ashamed of

critics hate this car. Apparently it doesnt drive that well and the V8 isnt as good as the C63 or M4. I've never driven it for more than around the block but hey

I never said that, hes the one looking for gold diggers. I just said a Lexus will not quench their gold digging fingers unless they live in a trailer park.

>not accepting that I simply thought it was a 350 F-Sport at a glance
>actually thinks I hate the RCF
Take it easy, chief!

Awkward moment when Lexus in actual studies is and always has been miles above mazda reliability

Pls go, Lexus has been in the top 3 most reliable manufacturers since their conception, spending most of that time in first

These actually don't look too bad with the right color choice. It make a big difference I think.

It is true that the V8 is slower than the V6 biturbos the C63 and M4 has. It is also true that its pigfat. However, thats not the point of this thread.
>Thinks I hate him because I was making a comparison
>take it easy, chief
>chief
Sir, I need you to drop the gun.

How reliable are old 2IS is350's? Collegefag looking for a car and I'm stuck between getting a 2003 ls430, a 2006/7 is350/350, or a 2006 GS in my price range. Max is like 9000 dollarydoos but I have access to a dealers auction so I'm hoping for a good deal

>double chief!

>How reliable are old 2IS is350's?
I've owned my 2007 IS350 since April with no issues, despite people insisting that my pistons are going to explode, but only after my dashboard melts. Love it!

>2006/7 is350/350
Get 2007+ so you can turn off all the electronic nannies. They're very intrusive to the car's performance and the 2006 doesn't have this cutoff switch.