Which tires are the cream of the crop?

Which tires are the cream of the crop?

Tire guy here.

Tires for what?

I just picked up some birdgestone driveguards and oh mah gawd they are so much better than OEM runflats. Not super sticky but meh, these tires are too expensive for dat shit

Nitto

Muh touge

Michelin & Hankook > everything else

Is it okay to run Pilot Super Sports all year if you live in California and there's not a ton of rain in the winter? Currently running some "performance" all-seasons, but I kinda want to upgrade.

hoosiers

michelins are pretty good

I'm running on worn-out 7 year old Michelin all seasons and they still grip the road pretty good

post something about tires user

I run PSSs all-year in Georgia. You should be fine

M3 has had Michelin PSS, Nexen N3000 and currently Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia's. PSS were #1 but no reason to have them unless you're on a track. The Bridgestone's are very decent too but they tend to wanna hop when you pull hard out of corners. I run 285 on the rear with these so that may have to do with it.

The TSX I've ran Michelin Primacy's and PS AS3's. The AS3's stick just as well in the wet as they do on dry. Enough said.

The R1 has had Dunlop and Pilot Power 2CT's. The Michelin's were more sticky new than the stock Dunlop's had ever been well rubbed in.

The 4runner has seen various Firestone and Primewells. Either do. Primewells are cheap so I probably won't ever change back.

Michelin Pss beeyotxh

>randy macho man savage
>randy
>macho man
>savage
its fucking MACHO MAN RANDY SAVAGE. fuck.

Aspens.

These

Anyone have Mickey Thompsons?

>Nitto
NT01 & NT555
>Michellin/BFG
Pilot Sport series & Comp 2's
>Toyo
Proxes
>Continental
Extreme Contacts

Tire tech, so I get to try a bunch of used tires, list above is of some of the better buy performance tires. honorable mentions would be Pirelli P Zero's (Sidewalls are weak af) & Dunlop SP Sports (currently on rear of car, with Pilot Super Sports on front, break loose wayyy too easily)

TBC shill, pls

I think this is the Good Year in my town. Kek.

Used to have a pair of et s/s on my car. They lasted around 6000 miles eith sevetal drag strip and touge runs on them

lets kiss

Can vouch for NT555, good tires that aren't overly expensive

I drive a pile of shit FWD that only gets 100 horse power. Should I bother getting anything better than cheap walmart tires?

Volvo c30.

dry climate, little rain. what do?

>I drive a pile of shit FWD that only gets 100 horse power. Should I bother getting anything better than cheap walmart tires?
While your horsepower won't give theme that "seat of the pants" feeling from acceleration, your summer-only Michelin PSS would give them a different sharp right or sharp left feeling they didn't have before. Unlike a tire that slips (and thus your car slightly drifts) on a sharp turn around the corner, those tires will try to stick. So you get a nice sharp turn feeling.

There was a fairly informative previous thread on Veeky Forums about various types of performance tires. Someone mentioned the michelins had a noticeable drop off around 60 degrees fahrenheit, so they are definitely summer tires. Cool weather makes them peform less. They also have short mileage lifespans.

I run Rainsport 3s on my Ibiza 1.8T. They're so good compared to the very illegal Kumhos I had before. I can actually take off at junctions without spinning and looking like a 17 year old Corsa driver.