Lifted Truck Thread

>airplane hits truck

What's the point in such obnoxious lifts?

All the Mexicans in my area seem to lift the shit out of their trucks. I saw one scrape the top of a McDonalds drive-thru once.

lifted truck; must be a cuck

I was hoping you had already killed yourself OP

not a huge truck guy, question:
is there a reason why you only lift the body and not go with portal axles, or is it just an aesthetic thing? do you get all that suspension travel or is there a stop at some point?

a lifted Ram with tow mirrors but no trailer hitch

its to show everyone he is a cuck

portal axles are a meme. And none of those are body lifts. Educate yourself on suspensions, user.

le cuck maymay

Nothing wrong with a few inches of lift for practical off-road use. These things look obnoxious though.

Everyone has different tastes I suppose.

teach me, senpai

bc skate is life

>Itt; Faggots

Portal axles don't actually lift a truck, they just raise the axle shafts and the differential. This provides huge ground clearance, which is all armchair off-roaders seem to think about. However, they're several thousand dollars a pop, very heavy, add unsprung weight, and give a higher center of gravity. For a daily driver, it's idiotic to get these axles and it's questionable even for a dedicated rock crawler. The added ground clearance doesn't really do that much in off-roading. It's honestly most valuable when you're driving through something rutted out on both sides. The most important thing in an off-roader is traction. And that comes mostly from articulation, good tires, and lockers.

so as long as you keep the center of mass as low as possible, you can lift for better articulation and bigger tires?

Is this actually useful or is it just truck stance?

>Tow Hooks: For ricers that want to pretend they race their car
>Carolina Squat: For ricers that want to pretend their truck hauls anything more than groceries and fat country chicks

Generally speaking, you want to fit the biggest tires you can with the most articulation possible, under as small of a lift as the tires will fit on. Granted, you still want to have enough room for the the tire to travel without getting caught up on your fender. Often, a cheap taller lift (spacer lift) will perform less than a nicer (such as long travel) but shorter lift. So big lift =/= big performance. Generally speaking 3-4" lifts are the best, and you shouldn't get any type of spacer lift if you want performance, but you should get something like a custom made leaf pack or extended travel coilovers depending on the suspension application.

>tfw finally getting good lights for your lifted truck

Anyone have experience with 75w vs 100w HIDs?

this work all sounds similar to stance, only not gay.

I was expecting you to bash on something completely unpractical for anything such as stretched tires on trucks

where does the winch go?

behind the front plate

nice, I guess that's good to protect such a big expense

>rum
>make america great again

that is fantastic

>Tow Hooks: For ricers that want to pretend they race their car

>tfw stock tow hook on ef hatch

I did chuckle when I saw "FERD" written in the dirt on the doors

Am I missing something? Don't quite see it.

There was a custom truck in the parking lot at school that had "Furd" in white cursive letters on top of blue paint
It looked pretty good desu

a bit hard to see, but someone wrote "CRUD FERD" on the side

How is uneven suspension travel and more likely tire rub practical?

Don't forget uneven tire wear and reduced forward visibility.

How again would the tires wear unevenly?

>mfw bought a low-ish mile clean LBZ Duramax for a killer deal
>mfw cant decide whether I want to level it and throw on some Fuel's wrapped with Toyo M/Ts or get an exhaust, intake, EFI Live tuning and maybe trans-go jr
>mfw can't afford to do both

I want to level my truck.
What are some good recommendations?

X90 master race coming through

Generation x90 master race reporting in

Second shot of the. Greatest. Lifted. Truck. Of. All. Time.

Literal perfection

the autism of this website man, jesus

Why does mankind even bother making cars knowing they will never be as good as the X 90?