/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
-capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2016/07/28/monster-hunter-generations-2016-tour-kicks-off-in-toronto-on-aug-6th
-gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
-siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mhgen.kiranico.com/armor/590-esurient-r
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How many headbreaks does Glavenus have, two or three?

I want to BE Tama then have Zinogre and Lagi spitroast me with their electric cocks!

firstforchameleosabest

I don't understand

i just installed the jdlc
why can't i find hyper angry pickle
all i can find is hyper regular pickle

I want to be a soapy fox dragon then have other, specific beasts penetrate and electrocute me
What's not to get?

Why?

Aren't the Hyper Jho scales good enough as is

mhgen.kiranico.com/armor/590-esurient-r

Any of you got the Jap DLC for the Baki Combat DBs? I need those fuckers in my life.

i'm retarded and expected esurient r to need hyper angry pickle
thanks user

Which one, /mhg/?

Because I'm a sexually depraved degenerate with masochistic tendencies

Black Belt

I'd rather be a tyrannosaur that terrorizes and eats people.

nargaslut

always

Welp, guess it's time for me to fight HR Nakarkos.
Any tips for this shit fight?

hit the shiny spot on it's back when it falls
don't ever hit the body (excluding the shiny spot), it's a shitzone

how do i get lots of mega dash juices at incredible hihg speeds???

i know you can meownster hunter gypceros for the extract

so just go for the heads when it's not downed?

hit the tentacles until it falls over
hit the rainbow spot on its back when it does so
when it shows its mouth, hit the tentacles again to remove the hot and sticky fog
hit the mouth until it falls over
hit/bomb/mine its back when it does so
sonic bomb its tentacles when they try to do monster cosplay
tranq bomb its mouth when it tries to charge a huge laser

You wouldn't a monster cub
R-right user?

Do the opposite of this guy and attack the tentacles and the head. That's literally all you have to do.

Kill and carve it for some mats? Sure.
I mean I wouldn't look for rare drops but I could use them for the upgrade costs.

Does anyone know if the Astalos's armor skill for the multiple hits counts for the multiple hits on piercing arrows?

Focus on one tentacle until it breaks and recedes underground. Break both this way, it'll fall over and expose the shiny weak point on its back, which is just behind the longest spine on its back.
Do this until it turns around and exposes its face, but don't approach the face until you've broken a tentacle and the blue clouds go away, then focus on the face until it falls again.
Place the anti-dragon bombs on the very tip of its shell, then walk all the way back and mine the shiny spot if you want to make its weapons, because that's your best chance for soul orbs. Attack that once you can't mine anymore.
When it starts firing the red lasers from the tentacles, throw a tranq bomb in its mouth to keep it from firing the oneshot laser. Throw sonic bombs at the tentacles when they have special heads, this'll cause them to smack the shell and break themselves, but they'll keep coming back up with heads until you break the heads yourself.
Don't do it solo if you can, he's not difficult in any sense, but if you're careless he deals a fuckton of damage and he has something like 14k hp. Don't bring gunner weapons that aren't pierce or explosive, his gunner weakpoints are all very low. WE is good if you have it, he always has a point that it activates on available.

works for hbg
i have repeat offender on my pierce set, and it's basically crit eye+3 but for only 10 points

I haven't tested it out so I can't say for sure, but other people have said it likely does and I don't see why it wouldn't. However, bow doesn't attack often enough to warrant using repeat offender and the first arrow to hit is the strongest one with spread and rapid, but I can't say for pierce because I don't use it.

I've never actually stopped it from doing the one shot laser. What does that actually do? You can easily simple attack the sides of its head or the tentacles (to be safe) in the meantime.

>30 minutes of poking Boros
Jesus, I love everything about this monster except actually fighting it.

Sh-She's not 18?

>tranq bomb its mouth when it tries to charge a huge laser
Why not just hit it a lot? Always works for me. The charge-up takes it way too long.

I didn't give it too much thought

It one shots you. It deals such a huge amount of damage that it's supposedly basically impossible to survive without either Defender activating or an unreasonable amount of defense. It basically works like Akantor's scream when he drags it from left to right.

Attack the legs until it falls, then attack the hump. You'll kill it in around 15 minutes if you're not either undergeared or attacking too infrequently. When you can't reach the humps, either use a trap or aim for the head(blade) or tail(gun)

>choosing to have a stutter online

>not using it at a tool to express disbelief via text

>What does that actually do?
wastes time I'd imagine. laser for days means free damage.

>basically impossible to die unless you're a carried shitter relying on multiplayer safety
i fix

I know about the humps, I'm just saying I forgot my bag of tricks and I had a slow hunt because of it.

Feels like they reduced his minimum range while spinning too so it's harder to get in at the legs for a trip; that or he just slides along the ground more while spinning than before.

>captcha: click all squares containing a street sign
>image is just a building partially obscured by a hill

Amazing.

He digs to one side of the map away from the player when doing the giga beam.
you won't be hitting him much while he does it because you'll be running over to him

>Attack the legs until it falls
that would be never. good advice.

>aim for the head
where you risk hitting horns and the legs take more damage. the good advice just keeps on coming.

Reread it and while it never explicitly states anything, it IS her first heat
Could be mid to late teens

No, not the laser, what does he do if you hit him with a tranq before it.

I've seen him charging the giga beam before and he'll do it while you're hacking away at its face. It has a huge amount of start up and you know its coming. Thats why I said you can easily just move out of the way and whack at the sides of its face or the tentacles. He shoots that laser for a good few seconds while slowly attempting to aim in your direction (but never reaching you) before then stopping.

anyone have a good method of farming heavy armor spheres?
Hard mode:not the three-four reddit suggests, those don't work for me or I'd have thousands.

>that would be never. good advice.
No if it spins it usually takes like just a few hits to kick it over.

How do people grind heavy/true armor spheres efficiently in 4U? I've finally made my dream relic set but it's stuck at 620 defense when it could have 800.

Ah, then yeah. He's pretty frustrating if you're not loaded properly.

>that would be never
What weapon do you use? Because when I'm not bowing I either bring LS or SnS to his hunts and he falls pretty easily, especially if you bring adept and cut at his ankles while he spins.
> and the legs take more damage
Oh, didn't know that. Disregard that advice then. I usually assume the head is the weakest point.

I should clarify this is for gen, unlike

>needing defense

Shaggy farming

Oh, when you hit him with the tranq he just flinches and loses the charge.

You could just save edit
I don't condone it but it is a possibility in case you break down near tears and give up

Grinding is all I play MH for, remove that and I get bored after 10 hunts.

I'm considering it, honestly. I have 5 or so gunner sets to upgrade and no fucking heavy spheres.
I literally just need one for now I've done like 20 of these quests /just/ for an armor sphere.

>while he spins
exactly.

hard mode is literally impossible. if you actually played the game you'd know why.

Ah, right

Oh, I think you honestly would be better off letting him shoot the laser. He does it once, goes under, then fires again. That's plenty of free damage.

>if you actually played the game you'd know why.
But... I Am playing the game, that's exactly why I'm asking for hard mode, because none of it has worked for me.

UGH. fucking Nakarkos, i've gotten so close several times. And each attempt wastes so much time

Fuck it, i'm gonna go on multiplayer.

>exactly.
Exactly what? Are you implying you can't get at his legs while he spins?

Oh, I've only seen him use it once and it caught me off guard because I didnt know about it and it oneshot me and my friend were just fucking around and doublecarted.

>none of it has worked
because there is no trick you stupid mong. the only way for it to not work is if you triple cart or abandon quest.

>just hit his legs lol he falls over ez
>no he doesnt
>does too! if he spins!
>exactly
>so I was right all along haha im smart

Nigga what is your problem? Hit the legs. He falls over. Hit his hump. Hunt is over.

>17 fast hyper ludroth runs
>9 decent nakarkos runs
>8 trips up the mountain
>21 runs of shaggy for 5 phosgems
>only like 5 heavy armor spheres
Yeah, fuck off.

Hyper gold rath is fucking shit.
Who okayed this?

>Tama's roars are distorted fox noises
ok
>Ludroth's roars are eagle screeches
wat

What's the name of this one?

15 MORE DAYS!

13 more days to Sony pre-TGS conference

It's not hard to understand mate. Same chance everywhere. You'll just have to keep doing whatever until you have enough. Just like everybody else.

>At the arena
>Rathalos pins me while I'm poisoned
>Die because the set I'm using has double poison
>Go back in
>He dies in two hits
>Final time 10:06
God fucking damn it.

Is LS like SnS where I need one for every element?
Which ones should I go for?
Please tell me I dont have to be pidgeonholed into Hellblade

>Charlotte came back
>Get called for work
rip

monster hunter diary yukumo chapter
It's on e621, you can easily find it with obvious tags

are we expecting any new MH reveals other than Stories? Id expect Capcom to have their own MH events for those

I understand not wanting to use Hellblade because it's become so ubiquitous, but the Hellblade LS is one of the best-looking LSs ever. Why wouldn't you want to use it?

But at the same time, there are so many cool LSs. You can do whatever you wanna do, man. Hidden Saber and Steve are also good choices.

Because its sheath is utter garbage

Stories is almost out. And yes "we" are expecting a new MH reveal at TGS. According to Capcom's financials they are releasing a MH title this fiscal year targeting 2 million sales.

Hellblade is top tier as you would expect, but Silverwind is also pretty nice.

In the end just use what you like or think looks cool. The Mizu and the upgraded Rajang LS both look real nice and I prefer them to HB.

One thing that's nice about the Rajang is that it doesn't have a sheathe and is more like a polearm. It also sounds nice when you unsheath and swing it.

>Mizu LS
>Mizu S armor
>Striker LS
>full anime

I'll be real with you, user.
The Hellblade Powder grind nearly broke me. I dont think I want to do it again for another weapon.

>Silverwind
As edgy as it looks its kinda cool. As long as its damage/sharpness is arlight, I think I'll just roll with this and Mizu and an elec one to get by

>The Hellblade Powder grind nearly broke me.
I hear you, and I don't blame you for not wanting to do it again. It very nearly made me put down the game.

Thankfully you've got a lot of options.

>I think I'll just roll with this and Mizu and an elec one to get by

Rajang is an elec that you might be looking for. Only real downside is that it has no white sharpness.

Calling it now, next MH is a pachinko game.

Calling it now, underwater will come back and so do boat fights

There's already a MH pachislot game.

MH cooking simulator

There's that webm floating around of boat fights. I unironically want that in the next game.

Play 4U

Next MH will have air battles with hunters wearing wing suits. It's just reskinned underwater battles

Reminder that FUckers ACTUALLY believe that Tigrex is a better monster than Zinogre.

>tfw I genuinely miss underwater combat
With some tweaks to make it feel less clunky, it would've been so good.

I'll miss the sheath, but its sharpness isn't bad at all without white, and it even has a slot over Astalos and Thunder Awoo. Looks like both regular and Furious can be used against raw weak/element weak mons also, which is a plus. I'll give it a go

As a fan of the fast paced, high skill, action gameplay the series is know for, what I really want to see is a monhun themed visual novel.

I genuinely want an SotC-style Elder Dragon fight.