Hey guys

Hey guys

I've decided on what car I want to get, but I found two options and I'm trying to figure out which is 'better'. Both are Mazda 3's, 60k miles, same trim etc etc. Only difference is one is a 2012 and the other is a 2014. According to KBB the 2014 is a better deal based on the price, however I don't like the newest body style as much. The 2012 is a fair price, and I like the appearance a lot more, but it seems odd to pass up a better deal on a newer car. Should I just get the 2014? Or does it make sense to get a car I like more even if the deal isn't as sweet?

Other urls found in this thread:

carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Mazda-3-2013/OAG-AD-12856101/?Cr=1
docs.google.com/a/district41.org/spreadsheets/d/1xS8TO7eKMuTX36l4TBGAzYhE74e3Ixr9ATPZMWcFNyw/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Which engine options?
Hatch or sedan?

Both hatchbacks, manuals, iTouring, 2.0L I4 engines. Aside from the year these cars are more or less identical.

Well then its up to you. Was hoping one at least had the 2.5L
Great cars though. I have a 1st gen and love it.

Yeah I had a 2007 that I absolutely loved. Was a great car.

Neither you could get a v6 or v8 car for that much.

Then why are you wanting something else?

Maybe he wants a reliable, practical, efficient car?
Go kill you are self

What are your out the doors on both?
Have you driven them yet?

Also, 2012 had issues with its battery in cold weather so make sure it's been recalled properly.

I recently had a CPO 2013 hatch offered for $14,600 OTD with 30k miles. I'm interested to know what you're paying.

>implying a bigger engine makes a car unreliable.
A bigger engine barely working is more efficient than a small one working hard.

I used it as a trade in to get a better car for my family when I was about to deploy.

True. But these get great MPG, are pretty nice to drive and do everything I need them to.

I've driven both. The 2014 felt a little smoother and the clutch was incredibly light. I didn't talk numbers yet but the asking price is

>2012: $12,998
>2014: $13,995

This weekend I think I could get them down another 500-1000 but that's just me guessing.

Thats weird. I have a gen 2 but I like the new models style more. Get whichever you like, they handle exactly the same but you'll be missing a more modern interior and better mileage if you get the 2012.

I think it looks a bit like a BMW 1 series with a fat ass. Which I don't really care for. It's not awful, but I like the lines of the gen 2.

You could get a Panther for that price

While the thought of owning a large cat is exciting, I think a Mazda will get me to and from work a lot more efficiently. Plus just think about the litter box it would need.

both are garbage and will def rust in 2 years.

Just get a civic

This hasnt been an issue since 2004

>thinks mazda have/will solved this

Those quotes are very high for 60k. If you cite that fact you'll be able to bump them down another 500

I checked KBB and those prices are on the lower side of their 'fair market'. I'm still going to push for getting them down another 500-1000, especially since it's the 4th of July weekend and I'm going to play the veteran card.

A poorly designed engine is less reliable than a well designed one

Mazdas are currently the most reliable car you can buy used, with only 8% of recent purchases reporting problems. OP, you really shouldn't be settling for any base price more than $13,500.00. Month is over though so don't expect any miracle deals.

Only 1st gen Mazda 3s have issues with rust

But it's the 4th of July weekend. Lots of places are doing deals right now.

The deals are no different than what you can get any other time of the year. It's a gimmick to try to get people in the dealership.

60k miles
$13k

You could get a mazdaspeed 3 for that price.

""""deals.""""
I worked at a dealership; the only time you actually get deals is at the end of the month when sales quotas need to be met. They're less willing to work with you on price during a holiday weekend because they know people gobble up their """"deals"""" shit.

This. It's a 'new car' meme, minus the 'new car' part. 60k miles is no joke for a car 2 years old.

It's not a good deal, no matter what dealerships tell you. Look at a toyota yaris or something, at least they are more reasonable about price. Mazda dealer prices are artificially high because normies can't tell the difference between a mazdaspeed and a base model.

That would older or have more miles. Also, I don't care about having a turbo.

Well if they won't come down to 13,500 I'll just walk away. We can survive on one car for awhile if need be.

Gtfo normie. You're a filthy casual and we don't give a shit which econobox you buy. Kill yourself.

You're not listening. It's not a good price.
carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Mazda-3-2013/OAG-AD-12856101/?Cr=1

That's 58,000km, not miles. HALF the miles, basically the same price, IN DOLLARYDOOS.

So your pricing should be able to beat the deals in this spreadsheet I made:

docs.google.com/a/district41.org/spreadsheets/d/1xS8TO7eKMuTX36l4TBGAzYhE74e3Ixr9ATPZMWcFNyw/edit?usp=sharing

Truth is, Mazdas are pretty overpriced as a used car. My wife needed something with some room, so we ended up going with a Kia Soul Base at a base price of $13,200 brand new.

Either way, it was fun to see how the Mazda used market works. I had a really hard time getting anyone to come down in price.

If you really want a good deal, set up your options like I did, wait til the end of July, and then have 3-4 dealerships contending for your business.

When I say end of July, I mean it. We bought our Kia 3 days before the end of June. The next day, I had 3 dealerships begging me to come drive their car, and the last day of the month 2 of the lowest prices came down $500.00.

Good luck, I wish I could give you my info somehow so I could help you out more.

Here's a pic of the spreadsheet in case you need permissions to access it.

Definitely go with the 2012

The 2014’s interior is a million times better, imo. But the 2012’s steering is more communicative. Choose between the two.

Thanks. After reading this thread again I called a dealership to see what they could do. I was surprised to get via email this offer

>Brand new
>19k
>0% for a 60 month loan
>5-door manual with sand interior, exterior color TBD

I know buying new can be a bad idea but if they can actually make this deal happen it seems kinda silly to say no.

THE I IS SHIT. GET THE BIGGER ENGINE

NO. I TEST DROVE THE 2.0 AND IT WAS MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR MY PURPOSES AND IT GETS BETTER MPG.

cuck. a couple mpg is worth more power.

According to a child who calls people a cuck on a Vietnamese Sand Painting website.

19k Out the door or base?
iTouring trim?
0% APR usually means they're taking you for a ride.

Let me know, I'm curious man.