11.43 lbs/hp

Abarth 124 Spider
$28,200
164 hp
184 lb-ft
2436 lbs
14.85 lbs/hp

Other urls found in this thread:

stangtv.com/tech-stories/electronics-efi/more-power-in-minutes-jms-chip-upgrades-our-15-ecoboost-mustang/
youtu.be/Qrs0oa-XIV4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fiat 124 Spider is a shitty Miata reboot, Abarth version is the childish one. Go for the Mustang, the ecoboost engine is a fucking masterpiece

does the 124 have an LSD at that trim?

Fuck me
The Abarth goes for 40k€ here...

ND
D

>not buying the V8 mustang / camaro
>spending 30k on a car with 164hp

>ecoboost engine is a fucking masterpiece
not the fucking 4banger you shitposter
its a failing piece of shit thats getting slower every year, top lel

>spending any money for a FCA shitbox

yes

nah

A B A R T H

V6 camaro hahahahhaaahahhahahahahhahahahaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahha

All three cars are very similar in price. Only a $1,000 range.

>ecuckboost

You're choosing between:
>V6 ponycar
>I4 ponycar
>Turbo Miata

This shouldn't be that hard. I wouldn't pick the ponycars, because A. you should go for an older V8 instead and B. those engines are better in other cars (most importantly the Focus RS).

You'll lost money on all of them, but most on the Fiata. I'd suggest buying it in a few years, and buying a stable value, used V8 ponycar instead, for the time being.

>childish
>compared to a Mustang and a Camaro
b8?
Get the Abarth. All the stuff that they are shit at (interior, electrics, etc.) Mazda is doing for them. The engine is great though. Reliable, sounds great, good aftermarket is already in place because of prior models using the engine, and dat miata chassis.

>Turbo Miata
But they don't have the same engine.

Just get a fucking Miata.

Still a Miata. Everything except the engine and the chassis dressup is 100% Miata.

The ecoboost has like 320hp and 310 torque.

Not long ago the BMW ///M3 made 333hp and 260 torque.

What is wrong with the ecoboost mustang again? Give it a tune and it is an excellent daily driver with enough power to make things interesting.

Start looking at things differently. It must be hard being you ecoboost deniers.

stangtv.com/tech-stories/electronics-efi/more-power-in-minutes-jms-chip-upgrades-our-15-ecoboost-mustang/

>the ecoboost engine is a fucking masterpiece
Of oil supply failures, fires and general unreliability.

Get a used AMG

>literally benchracing a tuned ecoboost with a stock 15yo car

Good luck getting a ///M3 to 380tq at the wheels lmao.

Face it. The ecoboost mustang is a good car. They need a car in between 300-400hp. Not all cars can or should be 400+hp. Not everybody wants a v8 as a daily driver. Look at the BMW ///M2 and its 370hp turbo engine engine. Wow what a huge difference from the mustang ecoboost - Not.
I'd get an ecoboost mustang op and do one of those simple tunes for more whp and wtq

The only thing the ecoboost is good for is benchracing, and you're proving that time and time again. It's heavy, and the handling/driving feel is much much worse than either of the M cars you've compared it to.

>Just get a fucking Miata.

yea get the ND if you like exploding transmissions

get the Abarth if you want a transmission that can reliably handle power

how can a non luxury 4cyl coupe weigh fucking 3500lbs?

if it was at least 500lbs lighter i'd be interested

Abarth, power to weight ratio is everything

OP should look at 13-15 mustangs with the coyote engine. I daily my 15 and love the power.

>abarth
>power
lol

Fiata unless you want to announce to the whole world that you were a retard who just bought a Mustang/Camaro for attention

>paying over 20k for a 13 year old german car thats going to need expensive servicing every week

Fix It Again Tony

which is better the 2lt camaro, sxt plus challenger or the eco premium mustang?

The challenger is the worst of the bunch. A 300hp v6 in a car over 4,000 pounds is pretty fucking slow. Although the chally is probably the best looking.

I think the mustang is the best of those. With a tune and intake you can improve the performance a lot, its no slouch at all.

DEFINITELY get the V6 Camaro with the dual mode exhaust. It sounds god tier, like a Porsche straight 6. Plus it handles better than the mustang and is way faster than the 124
youtu.be/Qrs0oa-XIV4

>Porsche straight 6

More power than the Miata :^)

I chose Mustang GT and put big chrome rims and straight pipes on it. I only drive it on the weekends, but it's very rare I take it anywhere without people complimenting me on it.

Except it has the worst power to weight ratio of the 3 cars

like the camaros of yesteryear, these cars will make great engine donors to proper chassis.

People don't swap in the V6s. They want the V8s.

True, although there's a cheap and simple 200hp tune avaliable for the Fiat engine that will improve its power to weight ratio significantly.

Nope
Nope
Nope

ND Miata

the spider is probably almost as fast as my 2003 corolla

people who dont really know what they are talking about

>stock turbo ND miata with some would say better more aggressive styling and a much meaner exhaust note.
>said stock turbo engine has been shown to be very reliable in other platforms, it's the only reliable thing fiat makes
>said stock turbo engine has been shown to have a great deal of tuning potential

i'm really not seeing a downside

oh wait there's one big downside but only if you buy new;
it'll depreciate like a stone. if the depreciation curve follows the 500 abarth look for completely top time decked out 124 abarths to be 23k by next year

the bitchin' camaro

>implying this gen doesn't have a god tier chassis

>makes 200hp compared to the 300+ made by the other two
>but only after a tune
>and it's the most expensive of the three

Honestly it would be a great car if it were $2 or $3k cheaper

Why did it take the Americans so long to turbocharge a 4 cylinder?

because turbo 4's a shit

fuck globalization

The Ecoboost isn't the first turbocharged American 4 cylinder. It isn't even the first turbocharged Mustang.

Educate yourself.

>an atrophied muscle car
Or
>a steroid induced muscle car
Or
>some Italian POS

Tough choice. Get a fucking Civic.

T H U N D E R C O U P E

Trips don't lie.

Because 4cylinder engines are reserved for cucks and Europoors who can't afford a real engine.

Now that fuel economy for vehicles is being scrutinized by the American government means that American car companies need to make fuel efficient vehicles. I.e. Turbo4bangerz

Lmao fuuuug

>3500 pound car
>310 hp

Lol. My 500 lb motorcycle has 200 hp and costs way less

That's great until you realize you're driving around on a motorcycle.

It also makes you look like a douche and is 9000% more unsafe

I'd EASILY get the Abarth but not the spider. Hard top only. Maybe not easily as I'd have to see if it looks like a go-cart(which i prefer if it didn't)

What exactly is douchey about a more efficient and economic mode of transportation?

Unsafe? Yes, mostly because car drivers are idiots

Automobile drivers are not the primary reason why motorcycles are dangerous.

>What exactly is douchey about a more efficient and economic mode of transportation?

It's not about the economic aspect that makes it douchey. It's the facts that Bikers treat motorcycles like crotchrockets. Bikers enjoy being obnoxious fags that love zooming through lanes with their annoyingly loud mufflers. That's why they have a douchey reputation like BMWs

>Unsafe? Yes, mostly because car drivers are idiots

Lol no. Bikes are a lot more unsafe during bad weather. Will lose balance when running over a pebble, and are harder to see by people

Pic related is most bikefags

Only reason I'd own a motorcycle is if I lived in a small town, in a placa with long open roads or for taking out for a spin every now and then.

Daily driving a motorcycle is just plain autistic. I wish it was a much safer way of transportation