>Ford 3.5L EcoBoost
>450 lbs
>over 700 HP
>over 675 LB ft torque

>Chevy LT4
>529 lbs
>650 HP
>650 lb ft torque

At what point in time did you realize that V6's are better than V8's for track performance? Why would you want unnecessary weight if you're trying to create a lightweight vehicle?

Other urls found in this thread:

horsepowerkings.com/sources-2017-ford-gt-will-weigh-around-2900-lbs-could-cost-around-400000/
media.caranddriver.com/files/saleen-s7-twin-turbosaleen-s7-twin-turbo-specs.pdf
google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=mclaren p1 top speed
google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=audi r18 top speed
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>talks about lightweight vehicles
>cites Ford and Chevy

>Ford GT
>lightweight

Wat. Well, yeah, it's lighter than an Mustang, okay.

(you)

is that 450lbs with turbo, intercoolers and assocsiated piping?

>reciprocating pistons
>performance

top kek, as they say

No, but the LT4 isn't either.

And neither of them can outpace an NA i4

>stroke-cycles

are turbines really the kinds of hp/kg?
also
I know they produce trust, but you can always bolt a flywheel to it and move a transmission and wheels right?

does this mean a turbinepowered car can power both the wheels and provide thrust?

you could, in fact thats what the abrams tank does with its turbine engine. But the problem is that it would reduce power as the flywheel would reduce the amount of air being compressed. It's just unnecessary.

lbs
Citation needed
>>over 700 HP
Citation needed
>>over 675 LB ft torque
Citation needed

So far, the highest rating any 3.5 has gotten, is 380hp (in the Navigator).

The LT doesn't have a turbo, intercoolers are lighter (thanks to water/air being more efficient), and has no piping, just some small water lines. Therefore, it's reasonable to assume the LT's ancilliaries are lighter.

>a supercharger doesn't weigh anything

>comparing a supercharged Chevy to a turbo Ford
Apples to oranges. At elast compare turbo Ford to turbo Ford. Also, most sources are saying between 600 and 650hp.

Now, for an actual comparison:

>Saleen S7R
>Pushrod V8
>Port Injection
>Twinturbo
>750hp
>2968lbs

>Ford GT
>DOHC V6
>Direct Injection
>Twinturbo
>between 600-650hp
>Around 2890 lbs

horsepowerkings.com/sources-2017-ford-gt-will-weigh-around-2900-lbs-could-cost-around-400000/
media.caranddriver.com/files/saleen-s7-twin-turbosaleen-s7-twin-turbo-specs.pdf

16 years, Ford's massive engineering budget, extensive amount of carbon fibre and other weight reduction materials - and the GT is only 70lbs lighter.

tl;dr V6 a shit.

About the same as a set of turbos. A supercharger + water/air usually weighs elss than two turbo's associated piping, and the chassis packaging is a lot easier, meaning further weight reduction there.

Not only that, but
>intercoolers are lighter (thanks to water/air being more efficient)
Do you not realise you require two heat exchangers and water routing for such a setup? Do you suffer oxygen starvation to your brain?

>getting baited/replying to the same shitty Alphonse threads every week
Veeky Forums a shit

>rumored to weigh
>rumored to
>rumored
into the trash it goes
>usually
stopped reading there

>hurr durr a engine with 2 more cylinders is going to be lighter
kys retard

are you fucking retarded? everything you just mentioned doesn't even add 15 lbs. This is a lightweight supercar anyway, fully dressed it won't weigh more than 465 lbs.

>only weighs 70 lbs lighter than a saleen

About the same weight as a regular intercooler, without requiring the extra 15lb

That article clearly is based off rumors, you're a fucking retard. Unless you have the actual weight of the vehicle, fuck off.

The engine still weighs over 70 lbs less dressed up. Piping won't even add much weight considering the intercoolers are less than 6 inches away from the engine. The intercoolers are literally built into the bonnets of the GT.

Who fucking cares that it weighs less? All you have to do is amp up the boost and you're making 900 HP.

>who cares about how much it weighs
Anybody who's trying to go faster around a track. 900 HP is completely unusable in a RWD vehicle around a track, it's all about lightweighting. There's a reason why a Audi R18 is faster around a track than a McLaren P1, despite having nearly 400 less horsepower. Weight....

>900 HP is completely unusable in a RWD vehicle around a track

>i don't have an argument
>i'll just post reaction pics
Is Veeky Forums really this stupid?

You tell me. Because your statement's plain stupid and (historically proven) wrong. And the last part of your post is completely pointless, because apples and oranges.

>hurr durr!! i'll just resort to racecars!!
These cars have to be street legal, dumbass.
The only way to make it usable is to make it like a Viper and add a fuckton of downforce.

>racecars are capable of passing crash safety testing
>racecars are capable of passing emissions testing
Is this really your argument?

Then why the fuck did you mention an Audi LMP race car being faster "around a track" than a supercar? What fucking track are you even talking about because the McLaren would destroy the Audi on the Daytona oval simply by not having 20 tons of downforce.

>make thread
>idiots enter it
>completely derail it and move goalposts
All your shitposting doesn't disprove anything I said. A 3.5L EcoBoost engine is still lighter than an LT4 engine. Period.

but what about chinese fart-motor, farting?

rotary engines get 6000hp and only weigh 24 ounces

there is no reliable lab testing to back any of these claims, not even reliable dyno testing

the only thing rotary has is winning a race in 1991 and being "banned" before anyone can find real awnsers.
why hasn't anyone raced rotaries vs. pistons again in all these years?

because chinese fart canons are truly the most amazing engines
thats why they are used so much in all races today
only traditionalist republican shitlords continue the tradition of racing with piston engines while literally everyone has moved onto rotary already
hurrrrrrrrrrrr

>a mclaren would destroy the audi on the daytona oval
[citation needed]
>shitposting because you can't handle the truth
It's still lighter, keep crying.

I'm not arguing anything, I'm just posting pictures to counter a rather stupid statement.
I don't know what the fuck you want.

it is to say that it is wholly physically possible to have a 900 HP street car you take to the track, since turbocharged F1 cars were exceeding that in the '80s and technology has massively improved.

I mean wants to boost a GT to 900 HP, if you're gonna do that you probably oughta lighten it up and make it stick to the ground with a pair of park benches.

ACCORDING TO GOOGLE:
Top speed of McLaren P1: 217 MPH
Top Speed of Audi R18 E-Tron Quattro LMP: 205.5

Considering Daytona is the kind of circuit where you just hold the gas pedal to the floor the whole way around, you could easily see how the Audi would have it's angus peppered by the McLaren.

google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=mclaren p1 top speed

google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=audi r18 top speed

There's your fucking citation, faggot.

was talking about the LT engine.

>implying you can turn at 217 mph in the P1
The R18 E-Tron will be able to hold its speed much better than the P1 due to the fact that it weighs less.

Still nou source stating the 3.5 Ecoboost weight in (unsourced) 600+hp trim.

oh my god turning on an oval is so hard
it's not like it's a 31-degree banking or anything

>he says with his wealth of experience

>a car doesn't need to slow down taking a turn
retard alert