/ovg/ - Redpack edition

Previous thread: →
Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask about sim racing and racing with us!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/channels/192363253135835136/192363253135835136
youtu.be/LwRRpnQGLqM
my.mixtape.moe/nnpwex.rar
a.uguu.se/2eY4m8ozfVrE_HotPursuit4.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=m9ivb2NZHqQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>505 forcing kunos to make more cars

yay...

>implying more content isnt good

rally 2000 is best rally sim

Lovely, hopefully it paves the way modders to make proper 2014-2016 f1 content. Unfortinute that charging car modder left the scene.

I thought he came back again to finish off his old cars, did he leave for a third time?

>found Gran T'ismo 5 at a garage sale for $2 a month ago
>never got to play it before because lolnomoney
>loving it so far

>two weeks ago
>in the Used Car Dealership
>'03 BMW 335i
>i-want-it_i-need-it.wav
>literally less than a thousand credits away
>I'll race for it!
>it was at the bottom of the list
>it was bumped off the list

>keep checking back after every race
>S2000s and GT-Rs as far as the eye can see (not that that's a bad thing, but still)
>every other time, there's a 300ZX that ISN'T a T-Top, taunting me on different levels as they never come in a color that looks as good as white

>recently raced the Muscle Car Championship in A-Spec
>and what do I pass?
>my favorite car fucking ever, of course
>'87 Buick GNX
>now make doubly sure to check the Dealership after EVERY RACE NO EXCEPTIONS
>I fear the day that both cars are in the Dealership, and I can only afford one

>I now have Varying Levels of WANT for three different cars
>there are people who have his problem with actual cars
Oh god there's no help for me. It's gonna be like this for every shitbox I have, isn't it?

He updated some of his work like 6 or so months ago than left for good it seems. Don't blame him, sim racing modding comunities get annoying when you create so much like he has.

Anything in the used dealership is there for 5 in-game days before it's bumped right out.

Do you want me to tell you that the low-km cars are better purchases than high-km cars right now or later?

Because all the penalties are off in the server, there is a chance you can ride without lights, but I haven't tested it.

If it is true, I would like from the participants to not overdo it with the Fujiwara blind attacks, because it might cause more that trouble than good.

And with this being the last round, we should replace it with something else that is fun. If no one will take a chance, I might do another Sunday Funday league in AC, but if someone wants to do anything, go for it and godspeed.

Just got project cars, pretty gud
Why can't GT6 and the like still not model damage at all?

RAILY DEMINDER
discordapp.com/channels/192363253135835136/192363253135835136

I remember my first drive in AC, I tried to destroy a SLS in the wall, Magione's first bend. Needless to say, nothing happened, and I got back to rF1.
Nowadays, I prefer AC to rF1, but still, pCars has the best "decent"damage implementation. Even if i dislike the physics, I can't argue with that.

Can you stop taking my username, thanks.

go play iracing if you want a sim with good damage.

>bought HP 2010 in the sale because I always wanted to play it, but my PC was too bad when it came out and I never got around to buy it when I got a better one.
>tfw it's really good
>graphics look great for a game that's 6 years old already, (I especially love this effect of the sirens in the tunnels)
>drifting is as easy as in Burnout or Outrun, which feels fantastic
>soundtrack is meh, but easily fixed by simply playing Eurobeat in the background

Overall a really fun game. I still need to figure out if MP is dead because no one plays it or because EA shut down the servers (I'm kinda thinking it's first option seeing how Burnout Paradise still works online).

Oh and BTW, RIP Criterion Games

>post yfw this prototype of their last project is all we're ever gonna see from it
>youtu.be/LwRRpnQGLqM

always felt hp 2010 was ahead of its time in terms of visuals. Great game though, had lots of fun with it back in the day.

>RIP Criterion Games

why?

I seem to remember that I heard that Criterion shut down which led to Ghost Games (the studio making NFS currently) being formed.

Probably was some misunderstanding. But still, it's been 4 years since Criterion last made a full game, and that unnamed prototype has been cancelled. It seems like they're now only helping in the development of EA's games (like Star Wars Battlefront)

>look up Criterion's wikipedia page
>in early 2011 Nintendo of Europe approached Criterion to work on a pitch for a new F-Zero game which they hoped to unveil at E3 that same year alongside the then-unreleased Wii U console, and potentially release the game during the console's launch period. However, the developer was unable to handle the pitch as, at the time, they devoted much of their resources into the development of Need for Speed: Most Wanted for multiple platforms.
>Alex Ward also noted on Twitter that Criterion was also offered the opportunity to work on the first Forza, Mad Max, a Vauxhall only racer, a Command & Conquer first-person shooter and a Gone in 60 Seconds game.[12]

Oh how badly I wanna live in a parallel universe where all of these games exist.

>and a Gone in 60 Seconds game.

I know I'm retarded but is there a setting I'm missing somewhere that stops this? It stops being at redline but that's retarded if I'm on a straight and going through the gears

Do you mean like when you shift, it shoots up to redline for a second before the revs drop? If you have autoclutch turned off it might do that.

I tired it with both on and off and it does the same thing. Like I'll shift up at redline and then it stays in redline in the next gear and lets say I start at 2nd gear if I shift up to 6th going through each gear it stays at redline unless I lift

ok, there should be an AC adapter that goes to it.

PSX > USB adapter
totally worth it

maybe it is because you have your h shifter bound to a gear, try unbinding them and make a seperate profile to use when you want to drive sequential cars.

Hmm that is possible

>PSX > USB adapter
Why. Just get about 5 resistors and a parallel cable.

WE FIXED IT

>he actually has a parallel port on the back of his pc

It's much more convenient to buy a multi-controller adapter. I have two that support PSX, GC and Xbox controllers.

>tfw dual monitors now
>can shitpost and change music without having to alt+tab

>RaceNet down again
Get your shit together, codemasters

I can't remember it for the life of me, it was a drifting game for android that was by a big name Jap publisher, and you couldn't get it in the US so you had to download the apk off of a site. You just tapped at the right time to drift. What was it called? Several people in mumble jad it installed if I remember corectly. It's not the one where you take cute girls on dates by racing.

>ywn take cute girls on dates irl by racing
why even live

Drift Spirits, the English one is offline now sadly

How would you rate Dirt Rally's physics? On a scale of Burnout, Gran Turismo, Forza, Project Cars, Assetto Corsa, iRacing

What the fuck kind of scale is that

The meme scale

Drift Girls is another one

my.mixtape.moe/nnpwex.rar
I dunno how this time fares, but it felt decent enough. Setup also in.

I'm too good at this game

Forza

RANWEC WHEN?

turn left season 2 with xfinity series cars when?

>tfw forza will never be on pc for real
>if it does it will be windows 10 only
fuck

Have you ever fucking seen anyone post this shitty game in these threads apart from yourself? I would try to filter you but you don't always write rally 2000 in every post.

In fact, it would be very nice of you if you did from now on.

fuck off, this is the auto vidya general, anything that is a game with cars as a main focus is acceptable. if you dont like it post your own webms

Fuck off Kita

let's talk about real racing 3 then
it's great android racing sim and it has real, official porsche cars so it's basically better than any modern "racing simulator"

This is making me seasick.

What's the matter, too real for you, you pussy?

Given it's on a mobile platform, it's actually really fucking good as long as you're not a chump who pays for the jew gold

it's accurate simulation of head movement in racing, pc "racing sim" players have to use realheadmotion and shit while this glorious game has it at default

>shitty arcade racer for mobile phones riddled with micro transactions
>too real
nah
Car's shouldn't sway that much, it looks like it's about to flip over.

>Using 'given' where 'considering' is what you mean
Neck yourself.

Given [that]

your autism is showing faggot

friendly webm tip: if you feel like your webm looks bad, reduce resolution in order to increase bitrate/pixels ratio. it's way more pleasant to watch 960x540 video without singificant compression artifacts than fullhd one where you can't see detail at all.

Funny thing, when I first got that game it somehow gave me the max amount of gold & cash available. Shit was awesome, wish they didn't delete old user data else I'd have it right now.

You steer by tilting the phone, you dip. You can also use a virtual steering wheel on-screen, if you're so inclined.

Poorfag here. Does anyone know how to crack Trackmania 2? It's one of the few games my potato can play and it's one I've had my eye on for awhile. Unfortunately, I don't have any extra money and probably won't for the forseeable future.

He's recording with bandicam, so it's probably a preset with shit bitrate.

nigger, it's fucking free

Canyon, Rally & Stadium?

unless bandicam records directly to webm and the guy immediately posts that, you can reduce the resolution with whatever tool you use to make the webm

Assoluto Racing is pretty good.

What was implied by the post is that the person does not have the technical ability or knowledge to do so, because they are using bandicam instead of something else. So probably the webm was made with some software or copy paste line and the preset is so that it keeps the resolution but bitrate is altered to stay within the 3MB maximum filesize for Veeky Forums.

Nations

What happened to the wiki?

ranek forgot to pay for the server again

>spiral corners
>muh dick

I'm "given" you nerds a curb stomp if you don't shut the fuck up.

HP2010 was such a great game. I got it on release and I did not regret it.
a.uguu.se/2eY4m8ozfVrE_HotPursuit4.webm
Online hot pursuit was goat.
What's your origin? I wanna see if multi is still possible.

>try to find out if online works
>create a lobby
>someone actually joins
>he does a mistake in the third corner and I overtake him
>leaves

Online still works, atleast for the Steam version (can't say anything about the retail/origin version). If anyone here is interested in playing HP 2010 online just add me on steam (andi36356). It would probably be quite fun if there are enough people.

Reminder that ovg IndyCar round 3 is TODAY at 2200 UTC. Hop on for practice!!

This IndyCar stuff is in rFactor 2 right?

Yes it is! Check out the wiki and google doc in the OP to grab what you need to get going.

The wiki is broken, and I've had a fanatec setup for years so yeah.

>I've had a fanatec setup for years so yeah
what did he mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=m9ivb2NZHqQ

This video gives a clear explanation

4 hours until the Final round at Okayama in /ovg86/

Current Standings of first to fourth
Solvi w/ Midnight Mis-Shift - 125 pts
Grounded Fin w/ TRAMPIO - 120 pts
Andi36356 w/ Goodsmile Racing - 87 pts
Kita w/ STP - 85 pts

Nothing is settled yet. Reminder that practice, qualifying and warmup are set to the usual time, but the race is set at midnight. Make sure to practice driving at night 'cause it's tricky to find your braking points. Also you should be able to finish the race with one tank of gas.

You forgot the name in the field Tomthy.

another rF2 series? no fucking AC series.
fuck

86s are a rF1 series and there might be an AC series coming soon (hopefully with a more organized organizer)

>more organized organizer
meant to say
>more organized organizer that the one from the last AC series

WHEN

Fuck off, I am best organizer!

never

Touge makes no sense unless it's at night, and AC doesn't support night. So good luck with Touge in AC.

talking about knigrats/voah

where is he

I want AC series because muh grafix

AC barely looks any better than rF1

Reminder that Indycar at Barber Motorsports Park in rF2 is 1 hour after 86 at 22:00 UTC

I took the organising for hot version quite seriously(Apart from the last round when I went full fuck it), thank you very much.

stop impersonating me

stop it i say

Fuck off Barney

all me

btw anime sucks

dont listen to these imposters i love anime and do not pay debnts

Because of these children I have been forced into using a trip.

new trip

anime is for losers