120 KB JPG

120 KB JPG
I'm starting this thread again because I made the mistake of putting 1972 in the last one. Of course you all chose late 60s muscle cars. I was hoping for something different. See below:

The year is 1962 and you're a young man with a decent middle class job and a knack for automobiles.

What do you buy as a daily driver that is sensible, beautiful (in your eyes) and will impress those around you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3HNYtMTCxFI
hemmings.com/magazine/mus/2008/05/Master-Wagon---1963-Pontiac-Super-Duty-Tempest/1625016.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There can be only one

Since I probably can't afford a 250 Spider Pinin II, I'll take the next best thing: A Fiat 1500 Spider.

I'll bite. Nothing would be better on the new American freeways than a hemi 300H. You know, user, if you want European cars just say that this hypothetical young man lives in Europe and save us and yourself a lot of grief.

This

Because America

youtube.com/watch?v=3HNYtMTCxFI

I just want more unique cars. The late 60s muscle era is so played out on here. Post something earlier and different. Seeing the early muscle cars is neat. Thanks for your post.

no question

Not sure the 300 could really be considered a muscle car.

Don't argue with me. Respect this thread.

lolno

Full size landbarges are all the rage but if I were interested in the mainstream I wouldn't look at the engineering that sets this car apart in the first place.

This little bugger's got fully independent suspension (before the Corvette, as time will tell), an aluminum V8 (before the Corvette, as time will tell) and a rear transaxle for near perfect weight distribution (before the Corvette, as time will tell). And thanks to its size it only weighs 2900 lbs curb, but it comes with all the visual spiff of a large car.

By all means it's the future of the Corvette, but now, and with space for the entire family, all thanks to Pontiac chief engineer John DeLorean.

Fuck I need to get both of mine put back together. I love my internationals

There's a late 50s International pickup nearby me that I wish I could afford to go up and throw money at the guy until he lets me take it. Like pic related but a slightly different green.

I've got a bright orange 66 4x4 3/4 ton with a v8 and a 4 speed. Also have a 59 half ton that's dark green like that and it has a v8 and a 3 speed. Also have 2 scouts, a 62 and a 73

My father had one these as a teenager before he went into the airforce.

I'm jelly as fuck. I just want one International but have none.

I do have an International brand ratchet in my toolbox though kek, it's probably from the 50s by the look of it

Corvair with 350 swap via Crown V8 kits.

Kek that's better than nothing

I'm fully aware that you could've gotten much more car for less money over at the American dealers in 1962, but this one simply touches me. It feels special just looking at it.

(Also an Alfa Romeo 2600 Sprint or Spider or Lancia Flaminia Coupe or GT would've been considerably more expensive and not a bit quicker.)

62 Chrysler Imperial

Tempest Super Duty. Ran 12.37 from the factory. IRS with a 4 speed transaxle, aluminum body panels, 421ci big block

An old bugatti or maybe a cord.

I've had a good year, so why not? Might as well enjoy one of these whilst I don't have any children.

obviously

didnt even have to think about it

HON HON HON

I'd still buy it.

12 of those were built and given to sponsored race teams. No es serial production.

and it doesnt even meet ops requirements

hemmings.com/magazine/mus/2008/05/Master-Wagon---1963-Pontiac-Super-Duty-Tempest/1625016.html

>As it just so happened, Tony Umarossa, the owner of the dealership, had ordered a Tempest station wagon from the factory for his son to race. The son, however, entered ROTC, and Ramsey, Union Park's star driver, already had a Super Duty Pontiac Catalina to campaign for the 1963 season.
So as simple as that, DeNick bought one of the rarest and most unusual built-for-racing Pontiacs, then drove it home. In the rain. On slicks.

>Which leads us up to a rainy Wednesday night in February 1963 with DeNick driving away from Union Park Pontiac after leaving the dealership with a $1,500 down payment. The other 11 Super Duty Tempests and Le Manses had gone to professional racers across the country: Royal Pontiac, Arlen Vanke and Mickey Thompson among them. And just like them, Iaconi and DeNick campaigned their Tempest through the summer of 1964.