Shitbox General

My 2005 Civic has retarded acceleration and keeps sputtering. I was inclined to believe it was the camshaft position sensor and once I replaced it, the problem was gone, for about 2 weeks. Now i'm back to slamming on the gas pedal on major roadways and not getting ANY kind of response for seconds later, and when I do the car jitters like it's on crack every time there's a gear change. It also requires like 10 seconds of cranking to start. What do you think it could be Veeky Forums?

>Also, Shitbox general

Tune up.
Then sell it and buy a manual

It was a gift, beggars can't be choosers.

>New York

user, I'm so sorry

I don't know what this means but I *heart* my liberal nanny state very much.

new plugs, i have the same car but never had that kind of problem always pulls hard did mine at 100k when i got the car the old plugs were from the factory

Could be the transmission going... i ruined a couple where the rpm's shot up, but no acceleration was given. Rebuild cost 1,450 but was charged about 3k do a quick fix and sell as is on craigslist or something

You had one of the worst years when it comes to trannies

Android phone with torque pro + Bluetooth obd2 adapter

Watch the throttle position. If that looks fine and isn't jumping around then it might be maf/map or iac

You're in NY, if you can, go to Albany to the JDM Expo office. They have a small selection of JDM's that are cheap, like a '90 Skyline with 76.500km for $8200

Are you getting codes from the ECU? Plug a scan tool into the OBD2 port.

It's only sputtering when it's in closed loop mode? My guess is the ECU is having trouble figuring out how much fuel to inject or it's figuring it out but the injectors are not injecting.

I got PO344 for the Camshaft sensor, and another code b/c the car is on limp mode because of the upstream o2 sensor.

Wouldn't there be a code for spark plugs?

I hope not, this car is supposed to drive me to school 400 miles away and back during holidays.

I have an iPhone

Albany is 2 hours away and should be avoided by anyone who isn't on welfare, attending their mediocre SUNY school, or in elected office.

It sputters all the time, sometimes I get lucky and it decides not to choke on me when i'm on a highway where everyone is doing 70 and the car is about to die at 50

>Honda """"""""""reliability""""""""""

kek

SO JUST FUCKING SELL IT
OH MY GOD
IF YOU ARE GIFTED A CAR
AND DONT LIKE IT
SELL IT
HOLY SHIT YOU LOSE FUCKING NOTHING

I like it. It's a decent car, has an impeccable interior, gets great mileage, and i'm not up to my neck with debt from a new car like some people my age. This problem is a pain in the ass, and since the car has a rebuilt title, odds are I wouldn't be able to get anything comparable with whatever i'd make from selling the car.

YOU'RE A FUCKING REATRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JUST BECAUSE ITS NEWER DOESNT MAKE IT BETTER
ITS
TRASH
YOU'RE
TRASH

ok

In all honestly, I agree with OP, gas mileage is important, a nice interior is really nice, andd it's no fun being in debt...But, if your car cannot get you from A to B safely and without breaking more, those don't matter.
It was a gift, sell it for what you can get, then use what you get as a down payment.
Never buy new, go on craigslist and search by dealerships with bad or good credit approval. You can find gems there, and while they charge more, and the APR is high, you have a vehicle.
Your choice though dude

>being gifted a car with a salvage title
that's not a gift at all. the least they could've done was give you a clean car.

The car has been fine for a year, but it was barely driven until now because my uni didn't allow freshmen to have cars. Now that i'm on vacation, and driving it more frequently, these problems are starting to become prevalent.

I know I need a new car, but I wouldn't be stressing myself out with the pandora's box of what's wrong with this car if I was in a financial position to get one, until then, I have to make do with what I have.

So my new shitbox '80s Civic has some rust around the bottom, including some wafering around the wheel wells. What do? If I can fix it rather that sell it, that'd be great, since it's in fantastic condition otherwise. The previous owner Tremcladded it, though, obviously to hide the paint.

>Never buy new
Poorfag, Inc

Buy, or at the very least lease, a daily driver car that isn't total shit. It's 2016, nigger. You should be making enough money to avoid having to suck dicks to buy a fucking used Civic. Or is everyone here one of those teenagers I keep hearing so much about?

>Ode to Le ShiteBox
Shitboxes are loved by Veeky Forums. We like to say they have character. We beat them to hell, and they somehow still go another 50k miles. When brand new with 4 miles on the odometer, we smugly donned these vehicles "econoboxes". But they matured, such as a fine wine does. They surived to 300k miles with minimal repairs. Just like a soldier earns the Purple Heart, our "econoboxes" earned their reputation as the "shitbox". There are a few cars that will always be known as great little shitboxes: the Toyota Corolla, our beloved Twingo, and America's frontrunner, The Geo Metro.

The Geo Metro was conceived much the same way I was: during a 4am cocaine fueled grope session in the back seat of an AMC Gremlin.

The year was 1987. A few Detroit executives who were down on their luck decided that we need a car designed for real human beans. A car that would love its 8th owner more than its original buyer. A car that had seen 3 oil changes its first 100k miles, but now is pampered by synthetic blend every 2,999 miles. Sunroof? Fuck that! 4 cylinders? Nope! We want 4 wheels, 3 cylinders, 2 doors, and one goddamn good car.

Thus the 1989 Geo Metro was born. It reigned supreme for decades, much like a dictator in Asia. Jay Leno owns 7 Geo Metros in case you forgot. The Geo Metro is the only car to win at Monza, Laguna Seca, Silverstone, and Talladega. Ford and Chrysler appealed to the US government in 1990, saying that production of the Geo Metro created an unfair advantage for GM. Unfortunately for Ford and Chrysler, 98% of the members of Congress drove Geo Metros and loved them to death. The Geo Metro placed 4th in the 1992 Presidential election behind Ross Perot.

Some say the Chevrolet Aveo was the successor to the Geo Metro, but I refuse to believe. Nothing can ever succed over the Geo Metro when it comes to its main purpose: being a spectacular shitbox.