/fog/ - Fallout General

Nuka World
youtube.com/watch?v=DIneiOpuS2M

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>Nuka World Collectibles Guides
>SCAV! Mags
imgur.com/a/caZVa
>Nuka Recipes
imgur.com/a/iyZy4
>Starcores
imgur.com/a/y4EMu
>Medallions
imgur.com/a/Fg9IT
>Cappys
imgur.com/a/B0PrB

>Nuka World Raider's Perks
i.imgur.com/RKeHNKr.jpg

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/cfog/ Thread
>/aco/ Thread
Pre-War thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/newvegas/images/103018/
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14837
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8288/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1608/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9354/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for nothing

First for BOS are shit

How do I unlock color swaps?

nth for BoS is best

ABSolutely disgusting

5th for the general is dead, BOS is shit, kys scum.

>Still no Readius or Pipboy 2500 mod
Fucking when

>"Armor" directly over skin
Gross
Chafing is a motherfucker

>Chafing
They're grafted to her skeleton dingus

Why would fictional armor chafe?

Tell me why Synths aren't humans

They're synths

Tell me why chairs aren't people

That's what you sound like

because they are synths, not humans, they might try to mimic humans as much as you like but you cannot rob them of their own identity.

They aren't affected by Intimidation

>If you think the Commonwealth looks bad, you should see the Capital Wasteland

What did the Brotherhood qt patootie mean by this?

The Brotherhood of Steel are the dominant force in that region after blowing the fuck out of the Enclave. Even Deacon says "I miss the Capital, you could actually drink the water there"

I'd argue the capital is in a much better state than Boston.

No culture, no soul, can't propagate, always told how to act, Synths are given "consciousness" by one of the doctors playing a game because he's bored. Even when you see them in Far Harbor the vast majority of them are little more than drones standing around waiting for orders.

Legion from Mass Effect is more human than all the synths in FO4.

>Tell my why Opossums aren't humans
>Tell my why bacteria aren't humans
>Tell me why rocks aren't humans

It LOOKS blasted the fuck out maybe dumbass

Well I was going to write I nice greentext story about my game but I just woke up to my dad yelling at my mom and calling her a cunt so yeah I think I'll just go kill myself.

nexusmods.com/newvegas/images/103018/

This guy ported the Mojave landmap into the FO4 engine.

This is how it starts.

Autists waiting 10 years for a mod that will never be complete like all the other "port this game into the new one" shit? Yeah that is how that starts.

Alright lads.
It's done.
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14837

>10 New Camos.
>Removed "The Rebel" dependency I think, at least anyway. Let me know if I fucked up.

Give it a go, let me know if I cocked anything up.

Rude

Looks great, user. Good job.

Holy shit user I hadn't noticed

>Implying chairs are indistinguishable from people

What? Synths have their own identity
Also, if you perfectly mimic a human, is it not a human? What's different about it?

>No culture
What? As if post-war people have any more culture than synths. Also that may be true to Acadia and the like, but doesn't apply to mind-wipe synths

>No soul
First of all, >soul, second of all, there's a guy in the Institute Robotics I think arguing they have souls as soon as you first step foot in there

>always told how to act
Objectively not true

>given "consciousness" by one of the doctors playing a game because he's bored
So?

>Even when you see them in Far Harbor the vast majority of them are little more than drones standing around waiting for orders.
That's true for any NPC in this game wtf user

People rarely make nice things for male characters.

>Also, if you perfectly mimic a human, is it not a human?

>If a mime pretends a door is in his way, does that not mean a door really is in his way?
You're fucking dumb

On a related note do you think the BoS would care about the Institute if they could only make 1 synth a week instead of every 5mins?

Seems like their only real motivation is to get rid of a faction that can manufacture an army in a week

>Implying synths are imaginary
>I'm dumb
Ok user

they aren't humans railcuck

they're humanoid robots that might be able to be classed as persons, but they will NEVER be human

Everything they do is a set of algorithms

Probably not. They'd probably see them as a lesser threat, for sure, but they'd still want to exterminate them in the long run, just like super mutants and ferals.

Visible weapons is gud

>Nonhuman person
I'm ok with this

So is everything you do, only your programmer is billions of years of evolution +your current lifespan of learning instead of some bored scientist

Idk, does the brotherhood even have long term plans? They seem to just want to hoard tech and stop people from sciencing

Hydraulic Armor Space paintjob when

Nice.

Well, that kinda IS their long-term plan. They want to restore order to the Wasteland and prevent the usage of "potentially dangerous" tech that they believe regular people are too irresponsible to use, and destroy technology they can't control themselves.

Daily reminder that synths are waging a war on humanity and won't stop until we're all dead

That's the thing though, they don't really want to restore order to the wasteland, they just want to destroy tech they can't control

Also pre-war people were super close to a post-scarcity situation, just look at Sierra Madre

You mean the Institute

No, I mean synths

They don't gain or lose weight. They don't need to sleep or eat or drink. They don't age. They are assembled in about a minute, and are completely blank slates until the institute imprints a personality onto them. They are machines.

How is that even possible then?

>They don't gain or lose weight. They don't need to sleep or eat or drink. They don't age.
Really? Source?
Not that it matters, none of this is a defining trait of humanity. Also it applies to Ghouls so...

>They are assembled in about a minute, and are completely blank slates until the institute imprints a personality onto them.
This is also meaningless. Babies are also blank slates.

>They are machines.
So are we

Synths are inherently programmed to be anti-human

The railroad is too stupid to realize they're being manipulated to sow discord

>Babies are also blank slates.
But that's wrong.

>soul

Human invention, sorry lad.

No they aren't
They're badly programmed to be slaves

It's right enough

>when you accidentally put the 4th fusion core into the Space Ship ride, and don't have a recent quick save

You know what, that's fine. Believe what you want. You're wrong, but that's fine.

You would be the one defending The Thing by saying it's human too, just because it can mimic so well.

>It's right enough
Babies have personalities and have innate knowledge to cry when they want something. Synths have nothing until they have an AI plugged in to them.

Haven't seen that movie but come on user, I'm not arguing they're homo sapiens, I'm just saying they're people

Like I said it's right enough, a baby left on their own would just be an animal
Also is there even proof that synths are 100% blank on startup? They at least seem to go to that one door

DLC where an enclave agent hunts two rogue synths in a always dark and rainy east asian metropolitan setting when?

Cheers bro.

Pretty pleased with how most of them came out. Touched up the MARPAT, VSR and M68 today after I had a look at them in-engine and they looks a million times better now.

Season Pass 2: Electric Sheep Boogaloo.

If you haven't checked out the roof of the mass fusion shed, go there when it's raining.

>Like I said it's right enough, a baby left on their own would just be an animal
If this is true how did our society evolve to where it's at?

Why are your sceenshots always so dark? This is one of the brighter ones

Also it really does look good, gj

Lots of animals packed together for hundreds of thousands of years

Also does anyone know why my Jetfuel radio seems mute?

>Lots of animals packed together for hundreds of thousands of years
If what you said is true someone had to teach humans to not just be animals. Who did that? Aliens?

>and he says "Oh, man can you play!?"
>and I say "I dont know, Can I?"
>that guitar rift
MY FUCKING SIDES HOLY SHIT

>Pack of gorillas somehow survived for 200 years

Okay, that's a small pack so inbreeding is rampant and they're probably close to sterilizing themselves, but they've done better than most humans and I just want to know how

In Fallout universe maybe
But that isn't what I said
That's the difference between 1 individual and billions spread out over hundreds of thousands of years
The one will just be an animal, the group can make progress
This hasn't got anything to do with synths btw

Too bad that station has so little content

>Ghouls
>Breeding
wut

Thanks man, hope you enjoy it.

>Why are your sceenshots always so dark?
I'm partly a sucker for meme shots pic related but I'm mostly in dark places. I'm using a few lighting tweaks that remove 'fake lights' and character lighting to make the world darker as well. I enjoy it more for gameplay.
I would fucking kill for a place able light source though, it would make shit so much easier to be able to light what you want.

Took you long enough.
>dat marpat

>That's the difference between 1 individual and billions spread out over hundreds of thousands of years
>The one will just be an animal, the group can make progress
Putting an animal in a group of others doesn't build cities. Clearly something innate has to be present to cause the group to work together.

>This hasn't got anything to do with synths btw
You brought it up.

BodySlide compatibility pls

what
FO3 ghouls have a religion based around a couple that had a mostly normal daughter

Not this fucking pro synth/anti synth argument again... it's almost as bad as the old legion vs ncr arguments.

Synths aren't people because they are not a direct result of evolution. Even ghouls were once people, thus are a product of evolution by natural selection too. Synths are literally a product of intelligent design.

Obviously some level of inteligence is required, but early humans really weren't that different from some primates

It's you who said synths are blank slates and therefore that makes them not human

Huh. But is that the only mention? Looks like its super rare then

Wtf
So if religious people are right we're somehow not people?
That makes no sense user

Also ghouls ARE people, they're just not homo sapiens
Also I'm just trying to keep the thread alive

Is this a custom body with an exaggerated normal map? Or, is it just another cbbe preset?

Ghouls are human (non-feral ones, anyways). Radiation has just fucked them up beyond repair.

JaneBod
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8288/?

Nuclear Nude
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1608/?

Realistic Soft normals
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9354/?

>FO3 ghouls have a religion based around a couple that had a mostly normal daughter
No they ddidn't you idiot.

It was Fathor Clifford, a human, who told that story.

Thats part of post-war Christian faith in general.

Not ghoul faith

That's what I said
Also evolution has nothing to do with this

Although synths are a direct result of people, so they're also a direct result of evolution?
heh

>WET mod has a new version
>Author has hidden the file
>Giant ! in MO2 won't go away until I update

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Get Vivid Waters

> It's you who said
That was my first post this thread. I haven't been on fog in a few days since that Trump poster shit the place up with antisynth and antiblackterial handsoap mods.

Synths may be sentient, but they aren't people and don't deserve human rights just like animals and aliens don't have human rights.

Any way to make the hazmat suit show up in a PA without a helmet?

>Not giving sentient, human-like minds human rights
wut?
If they were sentient but had the drive of an ant and wanted to kill everyone I'd agree, but they have the same feelings and thought patterns as normal humans, what warrants their demotion?

>what warrants their demotion?
Not him but that is simply how nature works. The lion does not concern itself with the needs or wants of the wildebeest.

DO NOT LISTEN to Synth sympathisers.

DO NOT REPLY OR REPOST Synth propaganda or sympathy stories.

SYNTHS are nothing more than advanced robotics.

How is that a relevant metaphor?

I also mentioned aliens. I think District 9 had a fairly realistic take on non human sentient entities. The prawns weren't allowed to have autonomy or much in the way of human rights. For all intents and purposes, synths are the same even if they are man made.

I threw in the files for the base outfit, shouldn't be too hard to whip whatever you want from that.

>I think District 9 had a fairly realistic take on non human sentient entities.
Well considering it was about the refugee crisis...

Haven't seen the movie (it's been on my list forever, thanks for the reminder) but again if they're human-like in regards to compassion and sympathy (in the case of synths, identical to humans), then there's literally no reason not to give them full rights
Obviously I can understand why some people wouldn't be comfortable with a situation like that, but it just comes down to us vs them, there's no fundamental that makes it a logical choice

> Well considering it was about the refugee crisis.
Which refugee crisis? We have several at any given point in time. I also like how you immediately assume that District 9 is a direct allegory when it could very well have just been simply about the aliens and gore.

You might be retarded, user. You should probably get checked. The wildebeest provides for lion while the lion has no regard for the wildebeests needs or wants because its only concern is for its pride. The same would be true between human and synth.

I wasn't talking about their social standing (slaves), I was talking about their status as people

Even I know it's an allegory, come on user

To user who made this, what exactly did you use as the helmet? I tried using a hazmat suit but it doesn't show up on my character when I remove the PA helmet.

>I wasn't talking about their social standing (slaves), I was talking about their status as people
"People" is a term for humans. Do you think the lion considers the wildebeest its equal?

Not even the guy you are talking too, but your lion wildebeest analogy is so hilariously retarded

Shaddap nazi

And yet it is the exact same situation as human and synth.

Not at all, as neither humans nor synths are primitive animals that operate solely on instinct.

SEEN BUT NOT ACKNOWLEDGED.

Just getting back into the game after awhile and I had forgotten I had purchased the seasons pass before they decided to add so much more content.

Any recommended order to play the current DLC in?

Are they still working on adding more content?

Alright enough with the synth stuff

How long until NCR reconquers america? Will there ever be another faction as big as the legion to oppose it?

It CAN be an allegory, but that doesn't have any bearing on the screen writer's intent or the interpretation of the audience. It doesn't mean it IS an allegory in an absolute sense.

Regardless, when I watched that movie I sided with the humans who denied the aliens rights. Similarly, the institute and bos both accurately recognize synths as the highly sophisticated non homo sapiens toasters that they are. Whether synths should have been created in the first place is a separate argument.

C'mon man, don't be dense or play at being offended. It's a very obvious take on the crisis even basing it off 70's Capetown under apartheid and District 6 including evacuating the prawns from their homes and thrusting the racist human into a situation like that to make him and others around him change their views is incredibly on the nose. The Military trying to get better firepower is a shot at the MIC and blackwater groups.

5/10 trolling, you got me.