Why isn't this truck talked about more often...

Why isn't this truck talked about more often? It's literally the most powerful and most capable stock production truck in history.

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/ford/f-150
caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-chevrolet-silverado-1500-4x4-62l-v-8-8-speed-test-reviews
fordproblems.com/trends/ecoboost-engine/
blog.bluespringsfordparts.com/245/ecoboost-shudder/
partsblog.olathetoyota.com/4383/ford-sued-ecoboost-problems/
caranddriver.com/features/2017-ford-f-150-raptor-in-depth-feature
youtube.com/watch?v=JKQdlXvbWSU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>drives terribly on the road compared to road oriented (read: stock) trucks
>not that great offroad, left in the dust by actual offroad builds
>worse tow rating than an F-150
>far worse load rating than an F-150
>let's not even begin to mention heavy duty trucks
>not available with a V8 anymore starting next year

>not that great off road
[citation needed]

>far worse tow rating
It's an off road truck, so what?

>far worse load rating
see above

>not available with the V8 anymore
Why is this a problem? V8's are objectively inferior for towing or offroading. Just look at the torque curve of a Ford 3.5L EcoBoost engine vs a Chevy 6.2L in trucks.

meme truck

Trys to be ultimate toy truck, mediocre at everything.

Not to mention for the price you could buy a fleet of used trucks that specialize in everything it tries to do

It's the same thing with the GT350, there's really nothing to brag or shitpost about until we see the actual specs. It does look promising, considering it has over 450 hp and awd.

looks cool thats it and only dicklets get one

insanely priced pavement princess.

Demolished on the streets by actual fast cars and demolished off the streets by actual off-road trucks.

60k truck with fucking stickers on it

Hey the gt3rs has stickers on it, whats your point?

ITT you will declare every attribute of the Raptor superior by default, and there's no rational arguing with you. Might as well just drink yourself to death, it'll have the same productive result as this thread.

>>drives terribly on the road compared to road oriented (read: stock) trucks
Aka you have never driven one
>>not that great offroad, left in the dust by actual offroad builds
Well it's a fucking stock truck, no shit it loses to custom builds
>>worse tow rating than an F-150
Hooray your first factual st
>>far worse load rating than an F-150
That's what happens when you want more suspension travel
>>let's not even begin to mention heavy duty trucks
Why would you?
>>not available with a V8 anymore starting next year
Cry me a river

TL;DR: you're a dumb faggot

Pickup trucks are for people too dumb and poor to haul a trailer and pretend-men that never haul anything ever

Ford shill detected in thread, ABANDON SHIP

>haha look at this meme from 6 years ago when people were jumping their Raptors too high at 100mph I'm so clever

I like Raptors, but I'd never buy one used because of retards like this that think they're factory trophy trucks.

>most powerful
What happened to the SRT-10 truck? Did it start to show its age?

>HEY WE'RE FORD AND THIS IS AN OFFROAD TRUCK
>EXCEPT THAT IT'LL BREAK IF YOU OFFROAD IT BEYOND DRIVING DOWN FLAT DIRT ROADS SO PLEASE DON'T

caranddriver.com/ford/f-150

>Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost V6
>420 LB FT of torque available at 2500 RPM

caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-chevrolet-silverado-1500-4x4-62l-v-8-8-speed-test-reviews

Chevy Silverado 6.2L V8
>460 LB FT of torque available at 4500 RPM

Tell me again how V8's are superior for offroading or towing.

It's going to have over 450 HP but nobody knows the official specs yet.

>(You)
So if a Ford commercial features a Mustang doing a burnout I'm free to go ahead and reverse at full speed, clutch in, redline it, and dump it in 1st because that'll get the tires spinning right?

No

Because when you're retarded and exceed mechanical limits you break shit.

So the SRT-10 Ram or whatever is still being produced? Last I heard about that thing was like over 10 years ago or so, I thought they stopped producing it.

I'm a poor europoor, so I know fuckall about big american automobiles, have to make do with my V12 shitbox.

do you have an argument? Are you going to prove the Raptor is bad offroad?

i have never seen a raptor driven by someone who is not a 100% grade-a cunt

fordproblems.com/trends/ecoboost-engine/
>Ford EcoBoost Engine Fires and Violent Shaking

blog.bluespringsfordparts.com/245/ecoboost-shudder/
>Have you been having shuddering issues with your Ecoboost engine? Are you suddenly losing power? You are not alone

partsblog.olathetoyota.com/4383/ford-sued-ecoboost-problems/
>Ford Sued Over EcoBoost Design Problems, Engine Flaws

No, it's discontinued. I was referring to the Raptor. It's supposed to have over 450 HP.

>2013
Any of those shaking issues have been fixed because Ford updates their engines yearly.

Also, are you going to just ignore the fact that turbo V6's are clearly superior for towing and offroad. You just completely ignored the argument. Please address my points and don't ignore them.

>MOST POWERFUL TRUCK IN HISTORY
>less powerful than previous trucks
>BUT THEY'RE NOT STILL IN PRODUCTION

That's not how history works.

Sure, turbo V6s are superior for towing, that's why so many semi trucks use them.

Wow! 450hp in a 6000lbs truck that folds in half gently cruising down a gravel road? A v6? all for only $70,000?
LET ME GRAB MY MOMS CHECKBOOK SO I CAN BUY ONE RIGHT THIS VERY MOMENT

>Ford calls it a truck
>cant use it as a truck
its a shit car

And the SRT10 had something like 500 or so bhp and 712nm of torque, if I remember correctly. Or was it 550?
Anyway, wouldn't that make the SRT10 more powerful and thus the F150 would not be the most powerful truck?

It had 500 HP.
*5400 lb

*5600-5800 lb

Neighbor has last gen one.

I take it the 2017 raptors won't be available with a V8 anymore? guess you should buy one now with the V8 if they are still selling them in the configuration if wanted.

I wonder if the V8 models will hold value.

Not trying to start shit here, but doesn't that mean that, at least HP wise, the SRT10 is still more powerful? Don't know if there are any even more "powerful" trucks out there, probably like the F650 or such shit.

Any numbers on torque though, I guess a twin turbo V6 makes more than an NA V10 from a race car.
One thing going on for the F150 at least is off road capability which the SRT10 has closer to zero if I remember correctly.

The last gen Raptor weighed 6000-6100 lbs. Ford cut off 600 lbs just like they did with the F150.

It's going to weigh 5400-5500 lbs.

It might technically but the official Raptor specs still aren't out. Ford is only saying "over 450 HP".

Man, I'd really like one, but it's a truck so NOT ALLOWED IN EU and it's new so OH MY GOD WE NEED TO INSURE IT LIKE IT'S OUT OF GLASS also because the engine is slightly bigger than a 1.9 litre VW TDI engine so it's going to be EXTREMELY HEAVY ON THE ENVIRONMENT BETTER TAX IT TO FUCK AND BACK THAT WILL SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT AND LESSEN EMMISSIONS.
I fucking hate EU

5600-5800lbs

>No, it's discontinued.
Do you know what "in history" means?

Also history's most powerful production pickup truck is the G63 AMG 6x6 at 536 hp.

>but it's a truck so NOT ALLOWED IN EU
But that's incorrect, unlike Americans we're allowed to import and register whatever we want as long as it conforms to vehicle laws.

6100-500 lbs. Do the math. The crew cab is going to be the one that weighs 5600 lbs. Which will be the heaviest edition.
How are you getting 5800 lbs out of this?

Because it's a truck.

car&driver>you

5600-5800lbs

>trying to import anything from the US of A to EU
Good fucking luck and good riddance, you could probably buy like 10 brand new BMWs for the price of one F150

>estimated weight
kys retard

post was meant for

was meant for

Actually turbo straight sixes in most cases 10-20L

was meant for

was meant for

>muh V8 torks, power, no replacement, lolcantaffordV8

>V8 is inheretly inferior than the V6 because reasons (mileage??)

someone please enlighten me as to what is going on?

was meant for and which was meant for

It's inferior for towing and offroading. The only actually advantage is muh sound.

I'm sorry (not) if you live in some cuckhole where cars are taxed a million percent, but here in Germany for imports it's ( ( purchase price of the vehicle + shipping costs ) + 10% import tax ) + 19% sales tax which adds up to 31% taxes on top of purchase and shipping, which won't make you bankrupt to be honest. In fact you can import an American Mustang GT for only slightly more than you'd pay for one that's sold here officially if you buy it in a US state without sales tax. Not like you'd do that, but it goes to show that imported American cars cost very nearly the same as if they were sold here.

And V8s in Scanias and Macks.

was meant for

alright, now explain with words that actually means something, and not just repeat what you said earlier. because so far, you've given exactly zero reasons

was meant for

see

Ford shills are real

was meant for

I'm mad the corvette is faster than the gtr so I'm on a crusade against v8s

was meant for (any reply to this post will be considered admittance of defeat)

retard

That's a reply
Defeat accepted
gg

alright, so [this one brand new V6] is better than one specific V8 at one thing, so that means
>all V6s > all V8s?

let me just show how retarded this is

>BMW M12 turbo had 1400hp from an inline 4 in 1986

>the rolls royce M250 Turboprop has about 250hp

that means all i4s > all turboprops, nvm the 15000 hp NK 12s and the car your mother drives tou your new "extra dad" has a 60 hp inline 4

Twice the displacement and 8% more torque?
I'm not even a raptor fan and you sound retarded.

What? I said V6's are better for towing and offroading you stupid fuck. I never said they were better than V8's all together. Are you actually autistic?
You might want to read that again, buddy. Look at the RPM the torque is delivered at. The statistics favor the V6.

>less torque is better for towing

i have an entire bait folder. any requests?

>reving out an engine 2000 rpm's higher is better for towing
>having to rev out an engine 2000 rpm higher is better for offroading
>no actual argument
k

>bigger engine=more torque

how's that for an argument?

>offroading a brittle raptor
>towing with awd

L

Are you actually illiterate? Read again. I was clearly comparing the F150 vs the Silverado. Learn to read.

>can't follow a thread topic
>calls others illiterate

back to back Ls

>is too illiterate to comprehend text
>resorts to back peddling

m8, we are alughing at you because you chose to compare one specific V8 to one specific V6, and at one specific torque band and claims its somehow ignoring other RPMs, and other V8s

but i'll happily spam fishes at you, so others can laugh at you

>backpeddals
>accuses others of backpeddaling

three Ls in a row

Okay, name another production truck that outperforms the F150 in its class. I'll wait. Chevy is literally has the best V8's in class. There is no one else to compare to.

>inb4 ram
They're shit at making V8's.

see
You were clearly not following the threads subject in the first place. You're the only one back peddling.

>thinks the thread subject is the f150
>op posted a raptor

L L L L

>gets assblasted v8's are inferior for towing
>goes on full damage control mode

>V8's are objectively inferior for towing or offroading.

So thats why they were a mainstay for half ton pickups close to 60 years?

You also understand that the ecoboost while more powerful will need more maintenence over its life time versus a traditional OHV engine?

>r-ram is shit!
>ram is more powerful

bait image 4/87

>more backpeddling
>deflects and projects

Lx5

Not an argument. They still don't out tow an F150. ;^)
>ram is more powerful
[citation needed]
>more damage control

The raptor can't even handle a tiny bmx jump with out exploding into 1000 pieces
youtube.com/watch?v=JKQdlXvbWSU

soo, image 5/87

even the fucking thundra with the nig-rigged.supercharger has more power. THE TUNDRA

>modified vs stock trucks
We're comparing stock vs stock here, kiddo. I know it's hard but try to keep up.

>you can only compare trucks I say you can compare!!

this is autism

>hurr durr a modified truck makes more power!!

yes, you're right. you are autistic

Sorry forgot you live in burger land so it's actually 400lbs

But the Raptor is a modified F-150.

>i know u r but wat am i!!
autistic.

Tundra costs less and it's more powerful.
Ram can tow 5x more etc.
Face it kid, the raptor is a mall crawler.

>tundra is more powerful
[citation needed]
>ram can tow more
[citation needed]

>V8
>540hp
>560lbft

or maybe my cherrypicked truck cant be compared to your cherrypicked truck?

>implying anybody offroads those
>implying those are anything but pavement princesses

first off, thats completely irrelevant since this has been a towing related discussion (i think). but contrary to the raptor, this wont split in half if it goes offroad, and when it does, it does it much better

>last gen raptor
Show me a current gen raptor splitting in half during offroading.

show me a 6x6 splitting in half ever

now if nither of the cars split in half, you are just left with less power, turbos, torque and cylinders. great!