/corolla/

Goodness gracious would you look at the time, we almost forgot to make a corolla thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1qDSA0PnNck
youtube.com/watch?v=K27OGWMyEpI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>the worse civic

Why would you not get a civic
Civics are more fun to drive and more competitive, and can be great tuners.

>imblying the E100 wasn't the greatest car ever built

I'll just invite myself because the Auris is Toyota's official hatchback successor to the Corolla becoming a sedan-only model.

>e100
>not ls430
Gooby pls

superior RWD

broken interior door handles everywhere

Quit bitching it's weight reduction

> not having both

Nope, you're wrong
Good man

Why can't America have fun Corollas? The only ones we get are boring econoboxes

There are okay corollas here you just gotta look

Because doyotas can be good, but only if you're an actual mechanic and not a bolt on turbo kit tuner.

It's like a badge of pride to have a modified corolla

Or a show of inferior self control to buy a car you can't ebay rice the fuck out of

>you should be proud of not having an aftermarket
You dont have one because it's worse than a civic in terms of performance

Yes, because then you can make fun of civic kids for accomplishing the same task with more difficulty to get inferior results. It makes you manly.

What model?

prove it.

youtu.be/1qDSA0PnNck

No idea why the USDM Corollas are so much worse looking compared to what it looks like in Australia. Something about the bigger headlights and orange markers at the front really trigger me. Also the Auris is simply branded as the Corolla in Australia.
An AE92 liftback that was poorly maintained by the owner was the best of the worst cars I have ever driven. The shock absorbers were so tired that flicking the wheel would cause the rear to slide and drift out at a low speeds.

Obligatory

is that Orido?

Can I play?

get out of here Solara

Used to have one at 415km unfortunatly it rusted through and the clutch was prettt much gone and none of the windows rolled, i eventually scrapped it but it was the goat first car

The pigfat XRS

AE9X-10Xthe goat

It's more of a Celica, but okay.

Actually, it's more of an avensis.

>All of that corolla vs civic bullshit
>not getting a obviously superior Mazda 323F

Enjoy your lack of pop up headlights

2700 lbs it's not too bad.

Actually, its more of a Rav4

I like corollas, and toyotas in general. They are good normie bait and serve as a warning to stay away someone crazy bought this toyota
youtube.com/watch?v=K27OGWMyEpI
>don't let the power go to your head

My bro's corolla

Is this a picture of a picture on a CRT TV?

I build these Shit boxes for a living. #corollanotevenonce

Spiclicious
And what he said

>a better Shitvic without airbags that want to kill me

Ye olde shitbox

Is she manuél?

Mmmm Corolla

You fuckin know it pal

>tfw no AE92 FX

There was one with a blown head gasket for cheap near me but I could never pull the trigger on it...

there's this ae92 coupe for sale near me but it's so old. I should go with a base model ek civic hatch or something.

I have bad luck I should fucking kill myself

If you pick a base model EK hatch over a Corolla you should kill yourself

>mfw dad used to own a AE92 gt-s
>mfw he sold it off years ago
>mfw when its probably covered in rot

>not tracking your Rolla

It's so old though.

It's only got 107,000 miles on it, quit being a bitch about it

It will help you learn to work on cars

I don't have the money to learn how to do that

Get a job for fucks sake

I don't have the time

>4afe
JUST

its literally the avensis platform.

Really? Whys that?

How's she run? They make me moist quite honestly. Looks mint, especially the OEM mats

COROLLA A CUTE!

C U T E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best shitbox I ever driven back home.

>tfw here in the US 95% of the cars I've driven are A/T
>tfw in Philippines it's 80% manuel tranny

Lol it's a picture of a picture on an old digital point and shoot camera (I think a 2006 camera)

Fun Corollas are no longer made. That stopped around early 2000's.

I'm in the air as to whether I should get a tercel or E100 corolla. The tercel is a bit lighter but the corolla looks like it's easier to live with not to mention more comfortable

Get the corolla, they're both underpowered stock, but at least the Corolla can get out of its own way and the gas mileage is still good

Family rented a beaten to death courier spec 100 series wagon (vinyl interior, 4spd, 4AFE, leaf spring rear beam axle) in Siberia back in 2004 to take out to the mountains/steppe near Mongolia. Put that little thing through real hell. Took some water crossings that had water coming over the hood a bit. Finally the ignition cylinder just got shook apart on the dirt roads. Hot wired it and made it home in one piece. Not my pic here, but absolutely identical (this picture was likewise taken in Russia, unsurprisingly). Toyotas are regarded as the best-fit imports out there. They're durable, have comfortable suspensions compared to most other imports, and are easy to work on. Parts are easily available for Toyotas in Siberia as well.

Fucking took you long enough I almost made it myself

>7AFE
J U S T

Swap the head and quit bitching

I'm a student at a university on the other side of the country (On res, no garage). Also broke as fuck and no one's selling 4age for under a grand and i'm not even sure if i'm going to get the 16v or 20v head because i've heard conflicting opinions on the internet

Honestly the 20V Silvertop is the way to go, you can find the engines by themselves for under a grand on ebay

>shipping
>literally having to buy all of the tools since i don't have any in this state
>nowhere to ship the engine to

I would if i could senpai

Also why the 20V silvertop over all the alternatives?

>stronger con-rods
>Bigger combustion chambers than blacktop
>head can actually be port and polished unlike blacktop
>revs only slightly lower than blacktop
>cheaper

The Blacktop is overhyped

My buddy's silvertop swapped AE92 that we're fixing up. Dat 7700 rpm redline. It just has a downpipe at this point, the exhaust exits right below the seat. It's stupid loud.

What the fuck why not get an MR2

So far we've done the timing belt and tensioners, water pump, cooling system flush with new Toyota coolant, oil, valve cover gasket, spark plug wires, cap and rotor, spark plugs, heater core delete, a few other things. But ya. He got a parts car for cheap so we're going to replace the hood and trunk, he wants to go wingless

He actually plans on putting the silvertop in an AW11 eventually. The car was like $1000 with the motor already swapped in so yeah. The engine alone is almost worth that much.

Does anyone know if a 1993 US corolla bumper would fit on a Canada version Corolla

So you agree? FWD is inferior?

Hi Corey, and I agree your argument is inferior and juvenile, just like Miami

nice argument. there is a reason why all actually fast motorsport is awd and rwd

Not an argument

not being argumentive unlike you, just stating facts. keep on with the fwd butthurt though.

Thinking about many new possible options on what to buy when I come back home after 8 years away in euroland without one.

Corolla of course crossed my mind.

Would you pay $5-6k for:
E120 2008 CE model with 60k miles only, apparently babysat with autistic care. All panels/gaps look lined up too.

Other options:
F150 6cil from the 90s, also super clean and never roughed, $3.5k
Civic FA5, stock and clean, $8.5k
Cavalier Z24, stock and clean (well, for an used shitbox chebby), $2k.

>I don't know what thread I'm in

A corolla thread, and I'm looking for opinions on the E120 Corolla.
Unless it's reserved for E100 and older.

Honestly, the Corolla is the one you want, that's a pretty decent price for the mileage, the only reason I suggested it over the F150 is due to the gas mileage cause that truck engine will run forever

Thanks, yeah I'm honestly between those two.
We'll see once I'm back home, maybe someone buys one of those and I'll just buy the one that hasn't been sold.

Corolla always comes out on top

I love mazda. But we didnt get the 323f in murrica.
Plus we have popup corollas

I wonder if that front end would work on an All-Trac E95 Wagon

Yes.

Which ECU? 4AG right?

Yep

On a scale of 1/10 how hard is this to do in a university carpark over a weekend

I miss my BA. Having pillarless doors and a power antenna in a mid 90s shitbox is what all true warriors strive for.

What's the biggest displacement or hp engine I can put in a Toyota corolla from 2012
A pushrod v6?

Anything really depending on the amount of metal work you're able to do

Easier than a weekend LS swap/10